Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,333 members, 7,819,143 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 11:55 AM

India Student Visa & Procedures To Secure The Visa - Travel - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / India Student Visa & Procedures To Secure The Visa (808 Views)

Study In Brazil: Admissions And Visa Procedures / Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 6 / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 13 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

India Student Visa & Procedures To Secure The Visa by JustEdward(m): 11:05pm On Apr 28, 2020
Hello guys I am new in NL, and adequately this is my first post as I have been following all the topics and I have been enjoying my self here.

I have thoroughly searched for Indian students visa thread but I found none, these ones I found are no longer active!

Please if you’re in India can you please share your experience what studying in India looks like and how someone can secure a student visa?

Also please can India be a stepping stone to visit other countries like South Korea or Japan or Singapore?

I know students can’t work in India , what other side hustles can one be able to do in India as a student!!!

Thank you! @justwise pls let’s move it to front page! For good contributions
Re: India Student Visa & Procedures To Secure The Visa by JustEdward(m): 10:08am On Apr 29, 2020
You guys should pls drop una comment oo
Re: India Student Visa & Procedures To Secure The Visa by Memberclub(m): 10:27am On Apr 29, 2020
JustEdward:
You guys should pls drop una comment oo
why India?
Re: India Student Visa & Procedures To Secure The Visa by JustEdward(m): 10:29am On Apr 29, 2020
Memberclub:

why India?

Bro I can't really say but, I was denied SK and China student visa last year so that's why am considering it
Re: India Student Visa & Procedures To Secure The Visa by KfashionHubb: 10:35am On Apr 29, 2020
JustEdward:

Bro I can't really say but, I was denied SK and China student visa last year so that's why am considering it
why sk n chn
Re: India Student Visa & Procedures To Secure The Visa by rationalhuman(m): 10:51am On Apr 29, 2020
If you are into Fine arts, Humanities, Artisan Studies dont go to India.
If you are into Engineering, Science, IT, Medical Science, Management then India is best place to study. Do not listen to keyboard warriors,
India is best place to study. Just dont think to get so much part time work opportunities they are very few (Usually they hire permanent employees).

JustEdward:

Re: India Student Visa & Procedures To Secure The Visa by JustEdward(m): 10:55am On Apr 29, 2020
rationalhuman:
If you are into Fine arts, Humanities, Artisan Studies dont go to India.
If you are into Engineering, Science, IT, Medical Science, Management then India is best place to study. Do not listen to keyboard warriors,
India is best place to study. Just dont think to get so much part time work opportunities they are very few (Usually they hire permanent employees).

Thank you for your response bro I am into studying mass communication or business administration
Re: India Student Visa & Procedures To Secure The Visa by rationalhuman(m): 11:08am On Apr 29, 2020
They are world leaders in Management and Business studies,
CEOs for Google, Microsoft, Pepsico, SUN, Redhat, Adobe Systems, Qualcomm, Harmann, San disk all are product of same Indian Business education system. Wish you a good luck
JustEdward:

Thank you for your response bro I am into studying mass communication or business administration
Re: India Student Visa & Procedures To Secure The Visa by Hadampson(m): 11:26am On Apr 29, 2020
India

I'd rather stay in Nigeria

No doubt, India is good in medicine, chemistry etc but I can't stay in a country that have poor standard of living. Apart from that, most Indians hate African people.
Re: India Student Visa & Procedures To Secure The Visa by Petyprincess(f): 12:08pm On Apr 29, 2020
Lol you want to follow Indians drag employment wey dem never get grin Indians are travelling to different countries for greater opportunities,canada is one of Indians favorite country. If you just wanna school there it's okay bt if you plan on hustling then I'm not sure o. My best friend is Indian living in Canada nd he told me he will rather work as factory worker than returning back to India!

1 Like

Re: India Student Visa & Procedures To Secure The Visa by JustEdward(m): 12:56pm On Apr 29, 2020
Petyprincess:
Lol you want to follow Indians drag employment wey dem never get grin Indians are travelling to different countries for greater opportunities,canada is one of Indians favorite country. If you just wanna school there it's okay bt if you plan on hustling then I'm not sure o. My best friend is Indian living in Canada nd he told me he will rather work as factory worker than returning back to India!

Hmm thank you for this great response? I plan on securing a India student visa since their easily student visa and also you can decide not to pay until you get to India

So I want to use India as a stepping stone to cross over to other countries like Japan South Korea
Re: India Student Visa & Procedures To Secure The Visa by Hadampson(m): 12:57pm On Apr 29, 2020
Petyprincess:

Lmao grin

1 Like

Re: India Student Visa & Procedures To Secure The Visa by Petyprincess(f): 1:09pm On Apr 29, 2020
JustEdward:

Hmm thank you for this great response? I plan on securing a India student visa since their easily student visa and also you can decide not to pay until you get to India

So I want to use India as a stepping stone to cross over to other countries like Japan South Korea
India as a stepping stone? Please think very well b4 making a decision! I know you choosed India because it's less expensive bt trust me it's not worth it! Even east Asians discriminate south Asians except you wanna move to Sri Lanka Pakistan etc thats only when it can be a stepping stone.

1 Like

Re: India Student Visa & Procedures To Secure The Visa by Petyprincess(f): 1:17pm On Apr 29, 2020
Hadampson:

Lmao grin

Honestly it's funny how people think any country is better than Nigeria. At least if you want to travel outside your country make sure it's a country that is better maybe not great bt at least better than your country economically! If i should tell my parents of all country in the world i am choosing India the kind slap i go chop go reset my brain fast fast grin
India medical school is great no doubt bt after studying what next? Descent jobs are extremely hard to get trust me.

1 Like

Re: India Student Visa & Procedures To Secure The Visa by Hadampson(m): 2:22pm On Apr 29, 2020
Petyprincess:

Honestly it's funny how people think any country is better than Nigeria. At least if you want to travel outside your country make sure it's a country that is better maybe not great bt at least better than your country economically! If i should tell my parents of all country in the world i am choosing India the kind slap i go chop go reset my brain fast fast grin
India medical school is great no doubt bt after studying what next? Descent jobs are extremely hard to get trust me.

The country is better than Nigeria economically but there are many factors to consider apart from economy. India is not different from Nigeria.

It's better to just stay in Nigeria. I can't move from one shithole to another shithole grin
Re: India Student Visa & Procedures To Secure The Visa by rationalhuman(m): 3:21pm On Apr 29, 2020
Its not only for you but for all if this can help, I am a Kenyan.
I studied Electronics and Communication Engineering in India back in 2004, After Completing Engineering, My university tried so hard (Too many NOCs)and i was lucky to go for apprentice in HAL, at that time they were manufacturing Sukhoi 30 MKIs, That was my best time.
In total i visited India 6 times and i stayed in India for total 8 years,

Here is my comment

Engineering, Medical Sciences, Management and IT, No better place then India, But remember they have 4 Level of Universities. Level A Forget about them There is so much Competition for A that its impossible, If your grades are excellent and if you are lucky you will get Level B, Level C you can get somehow via agents, i would not suggest to go for Level C-, but if you are being sponsored then you can get C- (Even this is better then what we can get in this continent).

There are 3 types of cities and 2 Types of Towns in India, If you are in any of Tier 1(Mega cities) or Tier 2 City you will not be discriminated as people there are open minded and lives along side with Thousands of Expects. And Lifestyle is superb, Phones, Computers, Clothing are so cheap and too many options. You will find hundreds of Africans daily in Subway Metro Trains.
In Tier 3 cities you may be stared at some places (Some people have not seen a Black Person so they will be curious). And some may even come to ask what happened to my hair , lol. But once you have conversation they are very friendly and helpful.

If you want to live outside University Hostel (I would not suggest for atleast first one semester), You should get a partner from any Country except Nigeria,Sudan and Mali. Your Broker/agent will refuse you to serve because Owner of Apartments states this term. (As under Anti Narco act authorities have right to sieges the Apartment for 12 months, so owners usually dont take chance) That is why Accommodation can be slightly expensive for some nationalities.

In total i would suggest, Grab the chance and go. Education system is superb, That same Indian Education system is Churning out CEOs of Google, Microsoft, Infosys, Pepsico, SUN , RedHat,Bose Electrical so dont miss any chance, dont listen to the keyboard warriors.
And God forbid If some medical emergency occurs just be relax you are at best place, Healthcare system, there is so affordable and Quality we can even dream that here, Just get a cheap insurance over there and you are secured for period. I am missing that Lifestyle.

I am telling you honestly that Image of Nigeria is so much tarnished by Scammers and Drug Dealers that you will just cry, Every another day you will find news about Nigerian scam, drugs and Nigerian Girl prostitution. Now the situation is this if even they catch someone from Senegal people see them as Nigerian. You luggage can be Extra checked by Anti Narcotics Agents at Arrival. You have to initiate conversation with Indian people (Remember even they dont speak same language among themselves, so even they are foreigner to each other). Once you settle and make friends , You will never want to return back.

And yes, one last thing, Dont assume you can work part times, cause they hire permanent and your university will also not allow that.
Above all are my personal experience. Good wishes.

Petyprincess:

India as a stepping stone? Please think very well b4 making a decision! I know you choosed India because it's less expensive bt trust me it's not worth it! Even east Asians discriminate south Asians except you wanna move to Sri Lanka Pakistan etc thats only when it can be a stepping stone.

1 Like

Re: India Student Visa & Procedures To Secure The Visa by aigmax(m): 10:47pm On Apr 29, 2020
rationalhuman:
Its not only for you but for all if this can help, I am a Kenyan.
I studied Electronics and Communication Engineering in India back in 2004, After Completing Engineering, My university tried so hard (Too many NOCs)and i was lucky to go for apprentice in HAL, at that time they were manufacturing Sukhoi 30 MKIs, That was my best time.
In total i visited India 6 times and i stayed in India for total 8 years,

Here is my comment

Engineering, Medical Sciences, Management and IT, No better place then India, But remember they have 4 Level of Universities. Level A Forget about them There is so much Competition for A that its impossible, If your grades are excellent and if you are lucky you will get Level B, Level C you can get somehow via agents, i would not suggest to go for Level C-, but if you are being sponsored then you can get C- (Even this is better then what we can get in this continent).

There are 3 types of cities and 2 Types of Towns in India, If you are in any of Tier 1(Mega cities) or Tier 2 City you will not be discriminated as people there are open minded and lives along side with Thousands of Expects. And Lifestyle is superb, Phones, Computers, Clothing are so cheap and too many options. You will find hundreds of Africans daily in Subway Metro Trains.
In Tier 3 cities you may be stared at some places (Some people have not seen a Black Person so they will be curious). And some may even come to ask what happened to my hair , lol. But once you have conversation they are very friendly and helpful.

If you want to live outside University Hostel (I would not suggest for atleast first one semester), You should get a partner from any Country except Nigeria,Sudan and Mali. Your Broker/agent will refuse you to serve because Owner of Apartments states this term. (As under Anti Narco act authorities have right to sieges the Apartment for 12 months, so owners usually dont take chance) That is why Accommodation can be slightly expensive for some nationalities.

In total i would suggest, Grab the chance and go. Education system is superb, That same Indian Education system is Churning out CEOs of Google, Microsoft, Infosys, Pepsico, SUN , RedHat,Bose Electrical so dont miss any chance, dont listen to the keyboard warriors.
And God forbid If some medical emergency occurs just be relax you are at best place, Healthcare system, there is so affordable and Quality we can even dream that here, Just get a cheap insurance over there and you are secured for period. I am missing that Lifestyle.

I am telling you honestly that Image of Nigeria is so much tarnished by Scammers and Drug Dealers that you will just cry, Every another day you will find news about Nigerian scam, drugs and Nigerian Girl prostitution. Now the situation is this if even they catch someone from Senegal people see them as Nigerian. You luggage can be Extra checked by Anti Narcotics Agents at Arrival. You have to initiate conversation with Indian people (Remember even they dont speak same language among themselves, so even they are foreigner to each other). Once you settle and make friends , You will never want to return back.

And yes, one last thing, Dont assume you can work part times, cause they hire permanent and your university will also not allow that.
Above all are my personal experience. Good wishes.

so apt bruv

(1) (Reply)

Airports Reopening: Ten Things To Do Before You Can Board A Local Flight / Should I Withdraw From Nigeria University And Study Abroad? / Helicopter Shuttle Services As Lagosians Experience Partial Closure Of 3MB

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 58
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.