Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,922 members, 7,817,702 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 05:35 PM

Can I Be On 75K Salary And Still Own A Dog ?? - Pets - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Pets / Can I Be On 75K Salary And Still Own A Dog ?? (11607 Views)

Do You Have A Dog For Adoption / Inside A Dog Meat Factory: Shocking Photos Reveal How Dogs Are Chained Up(pics) / What Can I Be Feeding My GSD For Proper Growth (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Can I Be On 75K Salary And Still Own A Dog ?? by setobaba: 7:39am On Apr 29, 2020
Hello nairalnaders I’m moving to my new apartment soon, a self con after my service year ends and I’ve always been a lover of dogs but never had the chance to own one yet, due to their cost of manintenace . So now I’m on a salary scale of 75K and really really plan to get a dog for my self preferably a germane Shepard to start with, I have no experience on how to maintain one So I really need you people help on this. Can I get one with my salary range. Like how much can I assume to budget for the dog monthly and what’s the best breed to start with? I basically knew nothing than I love dog pls help me
Lalasticalala and other mod help with this to the front page

Modified on March 1st 2021
I got the GSD puppy about this time last year
I named her Update
And now she’s preggy, in few weeks she should have her first litter. Start booking
I fed the dog well
And at the end, this is my conclusion,
You can surely own a dog with a 75k salary earnings, provided you have not other mouth to feed apart from you and the dog.

Below are recent pictures

3 Likes

Re: Can I Be On 75K Salary And Still Own A Dog ?? by Yenefer(f): 7:40am On Apr 29, 2020
No
how can u survive with 75k per month? rent, food transportation. Don't even think about it. u want the dog to suffer, just go for rabbit, they only eat vegetables. Don't even try cats they're more expensive to feed

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Can I Be On 75K Salary And Still Own A Dog ?? by setobaba: 7:41am On Apr 29, 2020
Yenefer:
No
Why I’ve seen even students depending on their parents for income owning a good dog, do their cost really exhaust or expensive like that

1 Like

Re: Can I Be On 75K Salary And Still Own A Dog ?? by Yenefer(f): 7:44am On Apr 29, 2020
setobaba:

Why I’ve seen even students depending on their parents for income owning a good dog, do their cost really exhaust or expensive like that
do u know how much there parents give them?

2 Likes

Re: Can I Be On 75K Salary And Still Own A Dog ?? by GOFRONT(m): 7:46am On Apr 29, 2020
Bro......Over here, with your N75k salary, you cannot only own a Dog, you can as well marry a wife...... But on the condition the dog would be an Ekuke dog!!!

1 Like

Re: Can I Be On 75K Salary And Still Own A Dog ?? by izzou(m): 7:48am On Apr 29, 2020
Ishilove.
Cum here fast and advise this young man smiley

1 Like

Re: Can I Be On 75K Salary And Still Own A Dog ?? by ignis: 7:52am On Apr 29, 2020
Yes, but hunger go kill the dog
Re: Can I Be On 75K Salary And Still Own A Dog ?? by Ishilove: 7:54am On Apr 29, 2020
Setobaba, you can own a dog, if you will be feeding it Amala, eba and yam (my Gift loves noodles and yam). Just make sure you give it plenty meat and protein. Befriend your local baba eleran and collect his number so he can be letting you know when he has left over bones. Make sure you boil the bones well so you don't give you animal tapeworm. Cook your dog mash and add the bones. We buy 5kg dog mash for 4,800 and he and his brother, White finish it in about 2weeks or so.

Also budget for the most essential injections, especially anti-Parvo injection.

It's not that hard. It's like taking care of children. Good thing is you're not paying school fees.

15 Likes 1 Share

Re: Can I Be On 75K Salary And Still Own A Dog ?? by Ishilove: 7:57am On Apr 29, 2020
izzou:
Ishilove.
Cum here fast and advise this young man smiley
I don advise am
Re: Can I Be On 75K Salary And Still Own A Dog ?? by setobaba: 7:58am On Apr 29, 2020
Yenefer:
do u know how much there parents give them?
The question now is why can’t I have a dog with 75k salary as a single guy. I’m not planning to have a gf who will add to my expenses though

3 Likes

Re: Can I Be On 75K Salary And Still Own A Dog ?? by izzou(m): 7:59am On Apr 29, 2020
Ishilove:

I don advise am

kiss

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Can I Be On 75K Salary And Still Own A Dog ?? by Ishilove: 8:00am On Apr 29, 2020
Re: Can I Be On 75K Salary And Still Own A Dog ?? by Yenefer(f): 8:04am On Apr 29, 2020
setobaba:

The question now is why can’t I have a dog with 75k salary as a single guy. I’m not planning to have a gf who will add to my expenses though
how much is your rent
Re: Can I Be On 75K Salary And Still Own A Dog ?? by setobaba: 8:05am On Apr 29, 2020
Ishilove:
You can own a dog, if you will be feeding it Amala, eba and yam (my Gift loves noodles and yam). Just make sure you give it plenty meat and protein. Befriend your local baba eleran and collect his number so he can be letting you know when he has left over bones. Make sure you boil the bones well so you don't give you animal tapeworm. Cook your dog mash and add the bones. We buy 5kg dog mash for 4,800 and he and his brother, White finish it in about 2weeks or so.

It's not that hard. It's like taking care of children. Good thing is you're not paying school fees.

Actually the salary is not my only hustle just using that as yardstick to get valid responses. I’ve seen couple of dogs been fed with the same meal prepared in the house, and those dogs still looks very attractive just that as you said up there , they sometimes feeds him with can food but not alway since he’s over 6weeks old. Thanks for this contribution and about their vaccines does it always cost and most it’s be taken monthly or once a while . What other expanses comes with a dog

3 Likes

Re: Can I Be On 75K Salary And Still Own A Dog ?? by Nobody: 8:06am On Apr 29, 2020
Ishilove:
Setobaba, you can own a dog, if you will be feeding it Amala, eba and yam (my Gift loves noodles and yam). Just make sure you give it plenty meat and protein. Befriend your local baba eleran and collect his number so he can be letting you know when he has left over bones. Make sure you boil the bones well so you don't give you animal tapeworm. Cook your dog mash and add the bones. We buy 5kg dog mash for 4,800 and he and his brother, White finish it in about 2weeks or so.

Gosh! This is very comical

1 Like

Re: Can I Be On 75K Salary And Still Own A Dog ?? by setobaba: 8:08am On Apr 29, 2020
Yenefer:
how much is your rent

About 100K but I have another side hustle that can take care of that ... what I’m saying the 75K is just for my self and the dog. Can’t we still survive ? I actually plan on venturing into dog rearing business but still I have to own one first before considering it
Re: Can I Be On 75K Salary And Still Own A Dog ?? by setobaba: 8:09am On Apr 29, 2020
AkeNathan:

Gosh! This is very comical
Lol
How?
Is owning a dog that crazy
Re: Can I Be On 75K Salary And Still Own A Dog ?? by Yenefer(f): 8:10am On Apr 29, 2020
setobaba:

About 100K but I have another side hustle that can take care of that ... what I’m saying the 75K is just for my self and the dog. Can’t we still survive ? I actually plan on venturing into dog rearing business but still I have to own one first before considering it
are you alone in the compound.., or face me I face u house
Re: Can I Be On 75K Salary And Still Own A Dog ?? by setobaba: 8:11am On Apr 29, 2020
Yenefer:
are you alone in the compound.., or face me I face u house
A block of flat with neighbors but I’m getting a cage for the dog
Re: Can I Be On 75K Salary And Still Own A Dog ?? by Yenefer(f): 8:14am On Apr 29, 2020
setobaba:

A block of flat with neighbors but I’m getting a cage for the dog
the neighbors will going to be nuisance to the dog and he might retaliate.
Re: Can I Be On 75K Salary And Still Own A Dog ?? by setobaba: 8:17am On Apr 29, 2020
Yenefer:
the neighbors will going to be nuisance to the dog and he might retaliate.
for a dog in a cage plus i mostly work from home
Re: Can I Be On 75K Salary And Still Own A Dog ?? by Ishilove: 8:17am On Apr 29, 2020
setobaba:

Actually the salary is not my only hustle just using that as yardstick to get valid responses. I’ve seen couple of dogs been fed with the same meal prepared in the house, and those dogs still looks very attractive just that as you said up there , they sometimes feeds him with can food but not alway since he’s over 6weeks old. Thanks for this contribution and about their vaccines does it always cost and most it’s be taken monthly or once a while . What other expanses comes with a dog
Our dog takes the Parvo and rabies injection once a year, every August. Our vet also recommended a deworming tablet which we force feed him with once we notice the worms are getting out of hand. Other than that no biggie. Make sure you train your dog with eba alongside dog mash so that any day you can't afford the mash, eba to the rescue.

However, he must eat meat and bones. No negotiation

1 Like

Re: Can I Be On 75K Salary And Still Own A Dog ?? by Ishilove: 8:18am On Apr 29, 2020
setobaba:

Don't mind the naysayers. 75k is more than enough for you and your child dog.

3 Likes

Re: Can I Be On 75K Salary And Still Own A Dog ?? by Yenefer(f): 8:20am On Apr 29, 2020
setobaba:
for a dog in a cage plus i mostly work from home
U said German Shepherd why not go for other options like smaller one
Re: Can I Be On 75K Salary And Still Own A Dog ?? by setobaba: 8:21am On Apr 29, 2020
Ishilove:

Our dog takes the Parvo and rabies injection once a year, every August. Our vet also recommended a deworming tablet which we force feed him with once we notice the worms are getting out of hand. Other than that no biggie. Make sure you train your dog with eba alongside dog mash so that any day you can't afford the mash, eba to the rescue.

However, he must eat meat and bones. No negotiation
Cost of the vaccine?? And about feeding the dog with Eba, pls from what age can that start? And apart from eba what other meal is advisable?
Re: Can I Be On 75K Salary And Still Own A Dog ?? by kingreign(m): 8:21am On Apr 29, 2020
Ishilove:

Troubleshooter cheesy
Re: Can I Be On 75K Salary And Still Own A Dog ?? by setobaba: 8:22am On Apr 29, 2020
Ishilove:

Is that a figure of speech or for real?
Re: Can I Be On 75K Salary And Still Own A Dog ?? by setobaba: 8:23am On Apr 29, 2020
Yenefer:
U said German Shepherd why not go for other options like smaller one
Was told first timer should be okay with German sherpards or you have other suggestions ??
Re: Can I Be On 75K Salary And Still Own A Dog ?? by Ishilove: 8:28am On Apr 29, 2020
setobaba:

Is that a figure of speech or for real?
Lol. Why won't 75k be enough? Some families survive on less than that, talk less of you and a 15kg animal.

4 Likes

Re: Can I Be On 75K Salary And Still Own A Dog ?? by Yenefer(f): 8:29am On Apr 29, 2020
setobaba:

Was told first timer should be okay with German sherpards or you have other suggestions ??
Golden Retriever, Bichon or boxer

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Can I Be On 75K Salary And Still Own A Dog ?? by Ishilove: 8:30am On Apr 29, 2020
setobaba:

Cost of the vaccine?? And about feeding the dog with Eba, pls from what age can that start? And apart from eba what other meal is advisable?
You can start immediately. It's training.

Asides eba, you can give it Amala and soup, (my dog likes wheat), mashed yam and stew, moi moi etc. I am yet to see a dog that is not crazy over moi moi.

The vaccine is 5k

1 Like

Re: Can I Be On 75K Salary And Still Own A Dog ?? by Ishilove: 8:30am On Apr 29, 2020
kingreign:

Troubleshooter cheesy
tongue

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

Diary Of Trigger (my GSD) / 5 Months Caucasian And 4 Months Boerboel. / Cutting Cost Of Feeding Your Dogs

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 50
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.