Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,193,963 members, 7,952,882 topics. Date: Thursday, 19 September 2024 at 06:44 AM

Muhammed Bala Arrested For Blasphemy - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Muhammed Bala Arrested For Blasphemy (312 Views)

Mob Kills Vigilante For Blasphemy In Abuja (Pictures) / Mubarak Bala, Pleads Guilty To Blasphemy, sentenced to 24 years imprisonment / Police Arrest Mubarak Bala For “Blasphemy” (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Muhammed Bala Arrested For Blasphemy by backtalkG(m): 8:13am On Apr 29, 2020
By Opinion Nigeria Staff
RELATED TOPICS: Mubarak Bala, President of the Humanist Association of Nigeria, has been arrested this afternoon in Kaduna in Northern Nigeria. Two police officers, who were not in uniform took him from his residence. He is currently detained at the Gbabasawa police station in Kaduna. According to local sources, his arrest could be in connection with a charge of blasphemy. A group of lawyers has petitioned the Kano state command to prosecute Mubarak for insulting Prophet Muhammad on his Facebook page. One S. S. Umar signed the petition. And this is how one Yusuf Jnr (@MrZage) commented on the petition on his tweeter account: “Some group of lawyers finally write a petition against that animal Mubarak Bala”. He described Mubarak as ‘an animal’.Besides, there is also an online petition on change.org. Halima Sa’adiya Umar started the petition asking Facebook to close down the account of Mubarak Bala.
All of us at the Humanist Association of Nigeria are deeply worried by the arrest and detention of our president, Mubarak Bala. Mubarak Bala will likely be handed over to the Kano state police command, that will prosecute him for blasphemy, a crime that caries a death sentence under sharia law. We urge the Inspector General of Police, the governor of Kaduna, Mallam Elrufai to ensure his immediate release.
Free Mubarak Bala Now
Leo Igwe Ph.D
Chair, Board of Trustees, Humanist Association of Nigeria

Re: Muhammed Bala Arrested For Blasphemy by XshegzzyeeiX: 8:14am On Apr 29, 2020
I said it yesterday that we have the freedom to practise any religion we want, but we should avoid being an extremist.
Extremism robs you of tolerance towards the beliefs of others.
It baffles me that many individuals wants to fight for the supreme being.
I love people from the North, but I find it difficult to accept their intolerance towards others as regards religion.
You cant avenge for the Almighty.
He will do that himself.
All in all, let love lead.
Re: Muhammed Bala Arrested For Blasphemy by Tolani0167(m): 8:32am On Apr 29, 2020
Nothing Musa no go see for Kano
Re: Muhammed Bala Arrested For Blasphemy by hakeem4(m): 8:44am On Apr 29, 2020
The religion peace is at it again grin

Imagine arresting someone for saying his mind?

You claim your allah is almighty, why don’t you allow him fight for himself or is allah that powerless?

Some people might come and say rubbish like the Guy everyone’s belief should be respected But since we are in a secular nation I also have a right To find any belief system ridiculous
Re: Muhammed Bala Arrested For Blasphemy by smartest2020(m): 8:59am On Apr 29, 2020
Yes! Your consitution says that we have right to practice our religion. But a muslim shouldnt change his religion. And this man after rejecting the religion. He ingaged in blasphemy! Which is not allowed in any religion! He must face punishment! Let him reap what he saw!
Re: Muhammed Bala Arrested For Blasphemy by PAGAN9JA(m): 9:14am On Apr 29, 2020
This is bad.
Re: Muhammed Bala Arrested For Blasphemy by Righteousness89(m): 9:19am On Apr 29, 2020
When men begin to fight for their god, there is a Problem!

(1) (Reply)

You Might Be Worshiping The Wrong God / "Touch not mine anointed, and do my prophets no harm." (Psalm 105:15) / Jesus, Evangelical Scholars And The Age Of The Earth

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 13
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.