Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,081 members, 7,818,238 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 10:55 AM

What Did The Bible Really Say About Tithes? - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / What Did The Bible Really Say About Tithes? (294 Views)

Does The Bible Really Condemn Marrying More Than One Wife? / Why I Feel The Winners Chapel Sack Letter Is Not About Tithes And Offering / Giving Your Tithe To The Church Or To The Needy: What The Bible Really Says (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

What Did The Bible Really Say About Tithes? by Hardeysolution(m): 3:24pm On Jul 19, 2020
What did the Bible really say about Tithes?

⚠️ May be too long, kindly read through. Thank you

To start with, I will like to say, in this write up, you'll see what Jesus said about tithes. Thank you.

Tithe is seen as one-tenth of your income and in churches, we have seen people come up with mathematics of paying tithes, such as remove your expenses and pay with your profit.

Some will say, add up all your income and this and that.

They call it, how to adequately calculate your tithes.

Many believers didn't even bother to ask for what the Bible said. We just believe that we should pay tithe because "as it was in the beginning, so is it now, and so shall it be forever". Really?

While some of us have the notion of not paying because, "pastors use our money for "lavishing", really?

Let me say first, that what makes you Christians and even non-Christians so particular about this issue of tithe is "inability to let go of what we have" which I will term as "greed".

But you may not see it that way because it's yours, but first to ask, is it yours really?

Let's look at what we have in the Bible.

Mal.3.8 - "Will a man rob God? Yet you have robbed Me! But you say, "In what way have we robbed You?' In tithes and offerings.

Mal.3.9 - You are cursed with a curse, For you have robbed Me, Even this whole nation.

Mal.3.10 - Bring all the tithes into the storehouse, That there may be food in My house, And try Me now in this," Says the LORD of hosts, "If I will not open for you the windows of heaven And pour out for you such blessing That there will not be room enough to receive it.

This scripture is mainly used by us to buttress our points on tithing and to mean, if you don't pay tithe, as that Scripture said, you're under a curse for robbing God.

Shall we look into this scripture and bring out some things?

1. God was speaking to Israel and not to the entire world. Israel represents the chosen people and for real, how will you be a chosen of the Lord and not care about His house? (We will still look at what the new testament said)

2. It wasn't even seen as been compulsory, rather an admonition if you seek to enter that covenant.

3. It wasn't so that you can say you've paid tithe, but rather to contribute your own quota to the development of the house of God. Is that too big to do?

Let's check another scripture.

Heb.7.1 - For this Melchizedek, king of Salem, priest of the Most High God, who met Abraham returning from the slaughter of the kings and blessed him,

Heb.7.2 - to whom also Abraham gave a tenth part of all, first being translated "king of righteousness," and then also king of Salem, meaning "king of peace,"

Heb.7.3 - without father, without mother, without genealogy, having neither beginning of days nor end of life, but made like the Son of God, remains a priest continually.

This is new testament account of how Abraham paid tithe to Melchizedek, king of peace, who is a similitude of the son of God, who was to come.

Abraham paid this tithe before the law, and so we can rule out that saying that, "tithe is under the law".

Tithing has been before the law, during the law, even after the law (even much more after the law).

So if Abraham, who by faith, paid tithe to Melchizedek (the image of the son of God to come), does that mean those of us who are by faith and living by faith, aren't we supposed to do same?

Don't forget that apart from Abraham giving one-tenth, he as well gave all of himself to God.

Now we can now examine, quickly what Jesus/New testament said about tithe and giving in general.

Matt.23.23 - "How terrible it will be for you teachers of religious law and you Pharisees. Hypocrites! For you are careful to tithe even the tiniest part of your income, but you ignore the important things of the law--justice, mercy, and faith. You should tithe, yes, but you should not leave undone the more important things. (NLT).

That was the Lord Jesus saying, tithing without taking other things into consideration is as evil as evil itself. You can see Jesus saying "Woe!"

So how bad is it to tithe when you don't even know God? Makes any difference? So you tithe a stolen funds (that is without mercy and justice) and you think you're covered?

In fact, the sacrifice of a wicked man is an abomination unto God!

Acts.2.44 - Now all who believed were together, and had all things in common,

Acts.2.45 - and sold their possessions and goods, and divided them among all, as anyone had need.

This is new testament, giving all you have for your God.

Is it about tithe? Yes pay tithe, but much more Jesus said, faith which enables you to live the crucified life.

I believe we can ask ourselves some questions.

Did the early church speak so much of tithe? No.
Did Jesus specifically preach tithe no?

We found Paul saying, "I know how to abase and how to abound"

Even the Lord Jesus fed the 5,000 without asking them to contribute a dime. So it teaches me, God wasn't asking for our tithe, but all of us!

2Cor.5.14 - For the love of Christ compels us, because we judge thus: that if One died for all, then all died;

2Cor.5.15 - and He died for all, that those who live should live no longer for themselves, but for Him who died for them and rose again.

This is the Bible saying, at this point, you're not living for yourself anymore, but for Him, if of a truth, you have met Him.

It then tells me that,

A Christian who has truly met the Lord Jesus would not mind to give all, not to talk of a tenth.

A Christian who has truly met the Lord, will not even compel people to pay tithe, or give, for the work isn't for him but for the Lord.

To conclude, tithing is scriptural, before Moses (by faith), it existed. During Moses (the law) it existed. In the Lord Jesus (by faith in Jesus) it as well exists.

So give all of yourself to God. That is His request, not just your tithe.

Mark.12.41 - Now Jesus sat opposite the treasury and saw how the people put money into the treasury. And many who were rich put in much.

Mark.12.42 - Then one poor widow came and threw in two mites, which make a quadrans.

Mark.12.43 - So He called His disciples to Himself and said to them, "Assuredly, I say to you that this poor widow has put in more than all those who have given to the treasury.

Till today, He still sits over the treasury and knows why and what you give to His house.

There are in fact several scriptures that suggest to us from Genesis to revelation, the biblical position of paying tithes. You can as well dig into your bible and find out more.

God bless you.

Men on Fire
Re: What Did The Bible Really Say About Tithes? by chatinent: 3:29pm On Jul 19, 2020
Waiting for particular sorts of comments.
Re: What Did The Bible Really Say About Tithes? by butterfly777(m): 3:44pm On Jul 19, 2020
Matthew 23:23
Woe to you, scribes and Pharisees, hypocrites! For you pay tithe of mint and anise and cummin, and have neglected the weightier matters of the law: justice and mercy and faith. These you ought to have done, without leaving the others undone.

Jesus says we should pay tithe, without neglecting other instructions of God.
Re: What Did The Bible Really Say About Tithes? by Kobojunkie: 3:50pm On Jul 19, 2020
Hardeysolution, where did jacob tithe and to whom?

What of moses?
What about isaac? And ishmael?
Re: What Did The Bible Really Say About Tithes? by Kobojunkie: 3:53pm On Jul 19, 2020
butterfly777:
Matthew 23:23
Woe to you, scribes and Pharisees, hypocrites! For you pay tithe of mint and anise and cummin, and have neglected the weightier matters of the law: justice and mercy and faith. These you ought to have done, without leaving the others undone.

Jesus says we should pay tithe, without neglecting other instructions of God.
Below is the tithing law as defined in the Old Covenant... This is the law.... all pieced together, and the word of God commanding you to obey His commandment. Tell us what aspect you have obeyed in your years as a tither

Leviticus 27 vs 30-34 ERV
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
30. “Every tithe of the land, whether of the seed of the land or of the fruit of the trees, is the Lord's; it is holy to the Lord.
31. If a man wishes to redeem some of his tithe, he shall add a fifth to it.
32. And every tithe of herds and flocks, every tenth animal of all that pass under the herdsman's staff, shall be holy to the Lord.
33. One shall not differentiate between good or bad, neither shall he make a substitute for it; and if he does substitute for it, then both it and the substitute shall be holy; it shall not be redeemed.”
34. These are the commandments that the Lord commanded Moses for the people of Israel on Mount Sinai.

This is what God told you to do with the Tithe He commanded of you.

Numbers 18 vs 25-29 ERV
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
25. The Lord said to Moses,
26. Speak to the Levites and tell them: The Israelites will give one-tenth of everything they own to the Lord. That one-tenth will belong to the Levites. But you must give one-tenth of that to the Lord as your offering.
27. That tenth will be your offering to the Lord. It will be like grain from your own threshing floor or wine from your own winepress.
28. In this way you will also give an offering to the Lord just as the other Israelites do. You will get the one-tenth that the Israelites give to the Lord, and then you will give one-tenth of that to Aaron the priest.
29. When the Israelites give you one-tenth of everything that they own, then you must give the best and the holiest part of these things as your gift to the Lord.

Deuteronomy 14 vs 22 -29 ERV
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
22 Every year you must be sure to save one-tenth(tithe) of all the crops that grow in your fields.
23 Then you must go to the place the Lord chooses to be the home for his name. You will go there to be with the Lord your God.
At that place you will eat the tenth(tithe) of your crops; one-tenth of your grain, your new wine, your oil, and the first animals born
in your herds and flocks. In this way you will always remember to respect the Lord your God.

24 But that place might be too far for you to travel to. Maybe you will not be able to carry one-tenth(tithe) of all the crops that the
Lord has blessed you with. If that happens,
25 sell that part of your crops and take the money with you to the special place the Lord has chosen.
26 Use the money to buy anything you want; cattle, sheep, wine or beer or any other food Then
you and your family should eat and enjoy yourselves there in that place with the Lord your God.

27 But don't forget the Levites living in your town. Share your food with them because they don't have a share of the land like you
have.
28 At the end of every three years, you must gather one-tenth of your harvest for that year. Store this food in your towns.
29 Keep this food for the Levites, because they don't have any land of their own. Also keep this food for the foreigners, orphans, and
widows who live in your towns. This will provide enough for them to come and eat all they want. If you do this, the Lord your God
will bless you in everything you do.

Deuteronomy 26 vs 12 - 15 ERV
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
12. Every third year is the Year of Tithes. In that year, you must give one-tenth of your harvest to the Levites, to the foreigners living in your country, and to the widows and orphans. Then they will have plenty to eat in every city.
13. You must say to the Lord your God, " I have taken out of my house the holy part of my harvest. I have given it to the Levites, to the foreigners, and to the orphans and widows. I have followed all the commands you gave me. I have not refused to obey any of your commands. I have not forgotten them.
14. I have not eaten this food when I was sad.[c] I was not unclean when I collected this food.[d] I have not offered any of this food for dead people. I have obeyed you, Lord my God. I have done everything you commanded me.
15. Look down from your holy home, from heaven, and bless your people Israel. And bless the land that you gave us. You promised our ancestors to give us this land: a land filled with many good things."

Remember what God said about His commandment and what blessings and curses come to those who obey OR disobey His commandments as Stipulated.

Deuteronomy 30 vs 15-20
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
15. Today I have given you a choice between life and death, success and disaster.
16. I command you today to love the Lord your God. I command you to follow him and to obey his commands, laws, and rules. Then you will live, and your nation will grow larger. And the Lord your God will bless you in the land that you are entering to take for your own.
17. But if you turn away from your God and refuse to listen, if you are led away to worship and serve other gods,
18. you will be destroyed. I am warning you today, if you turn away from God, you will not live long in that land across the Jordan River that you are ready to enter and take for your own.

Jeremiah 7 vs 21- 23
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
21 This is what the Lord All-Powerful, the God of Israel, says: Go and offer as many burnt offerings and sacrifices as you want. Eat the meat of those sacrifices yourselves.
22 I brought your ancestors out of Egypt. I spoke to them, but I did not give them any commands about burnt offerings and sacrifices.
23 I only gave them this command ,"Obey me and I will be your God, and you will be my people. Do all that I command, and good things will happen to you."
Re: What Did The Bible Really Say About Tithes? by Kobojunkie: 3:54pm On Jul 19, 2020
Hardeysolution:
What did the Bible really say about Tithes?

⚠️ May be too long, kindly read through. Thank you

To start with, I will like to say, in this write up, you'll see what Jesus said about tithes. Thank you.

Tithe is seen as one-tenth of your income and in churches, we have seen people come up with mathematics of paying tithes, such as remove your expenses and pay with your profit.

Some will say, add up all your income and this and that.

They call it, how to adequately calculate your tithes.

Many believers didn't even bother to ask for what the Bible said. We just believe that we should pay tithe because "as it was in the beginning, so is it now, and so shall it be forever". Really?

While some of us have the notion of not paying because, "pastors use our money for "lavishing", really?

Let me say first, that what makes you Christians and even non-Christians so particular about this issue of tithe is "inability to let go of what we have" which I will term as "greed".

But you may not see it that way because it's yours, but first to ask, is it yours really?

Let's look at what we have in the Bible.

Mal.3.8 - "Will a man rob God? Yet you have robbed Me! But you say, "In what way have we robbed You?' In tithes and offerings.

Mal.3.9 - You are cursed with a curse, For you have robbed Me, Even this whole nation.

Mal.3.10 - Bring all the tithes into the storehouse, That there may be food in My house, And try Me now in this," Says the LORD of hosts, "If I will not open for you the windows of heaven And pour out for you such blessing That there will not be room enough to receive it.

This scripture is mainly used by us to buttress our points on tithing and to mean, if you don't pay tithe, as that Scripture said, you're under a curse for robbing God.

Shall we look into this scripture and bring out some things?

1. God was speaking to Israel and not to the entire world. Israel represents the chosen people and for real, how will you be a chosen of the Lord and not care about His house? (We will still look at what the new testament said)

2. It wasn't even seen as been compulsory, rather an admonition if you seek to enter that covenant.

3. It wasn't so that you can say you've paid tithe, but rather to contribute your own quota to the development of the house of God. Is that too big to do?

Let's check another scripture.

Heb.7.1 - For this Melchizedek, king of Salem, priest of the Most High God, who met Abraham returning from the slaughter of the kings and blessed him,

Heb.7.2 - to whom also Abraham gave a tenth part of all, first being translated "king of righteousness," and then also king of Salem, meaning "king of peace,"

Heb.7.3 - without father, without mother, without genealogy, having neither beginning of days nor end of life, but made like the Son of God, remains a priest continually.

This is new testament account of how Abraham paid tithe to Melchizedek, king of peace, who is a similitude of the son of God, who was to come.

Abraham paid this tithe before the law, and so we can rule out that saying that, "tithe is under the law".

Tithing has been before the law, during the law, even after the law (even much more after the law).

So if Abraham, who by faith, paid tithe to Melchizedek (the image of the son of God to come), does that mean those of us who are by faith and living by faith, aren't we supposed to do same?

Don't forget that apart from Abraham giving one-tenth, he as well gave all of himself to God.

Now we can now examine, quickly what Jesus/New testament said about tithe and giving in general.

Matt.23.23 - "How terrible it will be for you teachers of religious law and you Pharisees. Hypocrites! For you are careful to tithe even the tiniest part of your income, but you ignore the important things of the law--justice, mercy, and faith. You should tithe, yes, but you should not leave undone the more important things. (NLT).

That was the Lord Jesus saying, tithing without taking other things into consideration is as evil as evil itself. You can see Jesus saying "Woe!"

So how bad is it to tithe when you don't even know God? Makes any difference? So you tithe a stolen funds (that is without mercy and justice) and you think you're covered?

In fact, the sacrifice of a wicked man is an abomination unto God!

Acts.2.44 - Now all who believed were together, and had all things in common,

Acts.2.45 - and sold their possessions and goods, and divided them among all, as anyone had need.

This is new testament, giving all you have for your God.

Is it about tithe? Yes pay tithe, but much more Jesus said, faith which enables you to live the crucified life.

I believe we can ask ourselves some questions.

Did the early church speak so much of tithe? No.
Did Jesus specifically preach tithe no?

We found Paul saying, "I know how to abase and how to abound"

Even the Lord Jesus fed the 5,000 without asking them to contribute a dime. So it teaches me, God wasn't asking for our tithe, but all of us!

2Cor.5.14 - For the love of Christ compels us, because we judge thus: that if One died for all, then all died;

2Cor.5.15 - and He died for all, that those who live should live no longer for themselves, but for Him who died for them and rose again.

This is the Bible saying, at this point, you're not living for yourself anymore, but for Him, if of a truth, you have met Him.

It then tells me that,

A Christian who has truly met the Lord Jesus would not mind to give all, not to talk of a tenth.

A Christian who has truly met the Lord, will not even compel people to pay tithe, or give, for the work isn't for him but for the Lord.

To conclude, tithing is scriptural, before Moses (by faith), it existed. During Moses (the law) it existed. In the Lord Jesus (by faith in Jesus) it as well exists.

So give all of yourself to God. That is His request, not just your tithe.

Mark.12.41 - Now Jesus sat opposite the treasury and saw how the people put money into the treasury. And many who were rich put in much.

Mark.12.42 - Then one poor widow came and threw in two mites, which make a quadrans.

Mark.12.43 - So He called His disciples to Himself and said to them, "Assuredly, I say to you that this poor widow has put in more than all those who have given to the treasury.

Till today, He still sits over the treasury and knows why and what you give to His house.

There are in fact several scriptures that suggest to us from Genesis to revelation, the biblical position of paying tithes. You can as well dig into your bible and find out more.

God bless you.

Men on Fire
Below is the tithing law as defined in the Old Covenant... This is the law.... all pieced together, and the word of God commanding you to obey His commandment. Tell us what aspect you have obeyed in your years as a tither

Leviticus 27 vs 30-34 ERV
30. “Every tithe of the land, whether of the seed of the land or of the fruit of the trees, is the Lord's; it is holy to the Lord.
31. If a man wishes to redeem some of his tithe, he shall add a fifth to it.
32. And every tithe of herds and flocks, every tenth animal of all that pass under the herdsman's staff, shall be holy to the Lord.
33. One shall not differentiate between good or bad, neither shall he make a substitute for it; and if he does substitute for it, then both it and the substitute shall be holy; it shall not be redeemed.”
34. These are the commandments that the Lord commanded Moses for the people of Israel on Mount Sinai.

Numbers 18 vs 25-29 ERV
25. The Lord said to Moses,
26. Speak to the Levites and tell them: The Israelites will give one-tenth of everything they own to the Lord. That one-tenth will belong to the Levites. But you must give one-tenth of that to the Lord as your offering.
27. That tenth will be your offering to the Lord. It will be like grain from your own threshing floor or wine from your own winepress.
28. In this way you will also give an offering to the Lord just as the other Israelites do. You will get the one-tenth that the Israelites give to the Lord, and then you will give one-tenth of that to Aaron the priest.
29. When the Israelites give you one-tenth of everything that they own, then you must give the best and the holiest part of these things as your gift to the Lord.

Deuteronomy 14 vs 22 -29 ERV
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
22 Every year you must be sure to save one-tenth(tithe) of all the crops that grow in your fields.
23 Then you must go to the place the Lord chooses to be the home for his name. You will go there to be with the Lord your God.
At that place you will eat the tenth(tithe) of your crops; one-tenth of your grain, your new wine, your oil, and the first animals born
in your herds and flocks. In this way you will always remember to respect the Lord your God.

24 But that place might be too far for you to travel to. Maybe you will not be able to carry one-tenth(tithe) of all the crops that the
Lord has blessed you with. If that happens,
25 sell that part of your crops and take the money with you to the special place the Lord has chosen.
26 Use the money to buy anything you want; cattle, sheep, wine or beer or any other food Then
you and your family should eat and enjoy yourselves there in that place with the Lord your God.

27 But don't forget the Levites living in your town. Share your food with them because they don't have a share of the land like you
have.
28 At the end of every three years, you must gather one-tenth of your harvest for that year. Store this food in your towns.
29 Keep this food for the Levites, because they don't have any land of their own. Also keep this food for the foreigners, orphans, and
widows who live in your towns. This will provide enough for them to come and eat all they want. If you do this, the Lord your God
will bless you in everything you do.

Deuteronomy 26 vs 12 - 15 ERV
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
12. Every third year is the Year of Tithes. In that year, you must give one-tenth of your harvest to the Levites, to the foreigners living in your country, and to the widows and orphans. Then they will have plenty to eat in every city.
13. You must say to the Lord your God, " I have taken out of my house the holy part of my harvest. I have given it to the Levites, to the foreigners, and to the orphans and widows. I have followed all the commands you gave me. I have not refused to obey any of your commands. I have not forgotten them.
14. I have not eaten this food when I was sad.[c] I was not unclean when I collected this food.[d] I have not offered any of this food for dead people. I have obeyed you, Lord my God. I have done everything you commanded me.
15. Look down from your holy home, from heaven, and bless your people Israel. And bless the land that you gave us. You promised our ancestors to give us this land: a land filled with many good things."

Remember what God said about His commandment and what blessings and curses come to those who obey OR disobey His commandments as Stipulated.

Deuteronomy 30 vs 15-20
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
15. Today I have given you a choice between life and death, success and disaster.
16. I command you today to love the Lord your God. I command you to follow him and to obey his commands, laws, and rules. Then you will live, and your nation will grow larger. And the Lord your God will bless you in the land that you are entering to take for your own.
17. But if you turn away from your God and refuse to listen, if you are led away to worship and serve other gods,
18. you will be destroyed. I am warning you today, if you turn away from God, you will not live long in that land across the Jordan River that you are ready to enter and take for your own.

Jeremiah 7 vs 21- 23
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
21 This is what the Lord All-Powerful, the God of Israel, says: Go and offer as many burnt offerings and sacrifices as you want. Eat the meat of those sacrifices yourselves.
22 I brought your ancestors out of Egypt. I spoke to them, but I did not give them any commands about burnt offerings and sacrifices.
23 I only gave them this command ,"Obey me and I will be your God, and you will be my people. Do all that I command, and good things will happen to you."
Re: What Did The Bible Really Say About Tithes? by Hardeysolution(m): 4:19pm On Jul 19, 2020
I think you should make you point clearer
Kobojunkie:

Re: What Did The Bible Really Say About Tithes? by Hardeysolution(m): 4:20pm On Jul 19, 2020
I would recommend you read the entire post again.
Kobojunkie:
Hardeysolution, where did jacob tithe and to whom?

What of moses?
What about isaac? And ishmael?
Re: What Did The Bible Really Say About Tithes? by Kobojunkie: 4:21pm On Jul 19, 2020
Hardeysolution:
I would recommend you read the entire post again.
i am asking since you said tithing existed before the law of Moses
Re: What Did The Bible Really Say About Tithes? by Hardeysolution(m): 4:24pm On Jul 19, 2020
I think you saw Abraham paying tithe right? That was rightly before the law of Moses
Kobojunkie:
i am asking since you said tithing existed before the law of Moses
Re: What Did The Bible Really Say About Tithes? by Kobojunkie: 4:29pm On Jul 19, 2020
Hardeysolution:
I think you saw Abraham paying tithe right? That was rightly before the law of Moses
no, i read of Abraham giving a portion of the spoils from war to another man. That portion could have been 25% or even 6% but it so happened to be 10% and that is ok too , but had nothing to do with God's tithing law which in clearly and precisely defined in detail.

So which are we to obey? God's commandments or just anything that someone suggests?
Re: What Did The Bible Really Say About Tithes? by Hardeysolution(m): 6:23pm On Jul 19, 2020
it was a tenth of it. it was mentioned
Kobojunkie:
no, i read of Abraham giving a portion of the spoils from war to another man. That portion could have been 25% or even 6% but it so happened to be 10% and that is ok too , but had nothing to do with God's tithing law which in clearly and precisely defined in detail.

So which are we to obey? God's commandments or just anything that someone suggests?
Re: What Did The Bible Really Say About Tithes? by Kobojunkie: 6:44pm On Jul 19, 2020
Hardeysolution:
it was a tenth of it. it was mentioned
Yes it was mentioned that He gave a tenth but it was not made out in obedience to any law of God, done only that once, and there is no record that even his descendents tithed in a similar way.

God designed His tithing law to be carried out every year-- you eat your tithe with your neighbors for the first two years, and on the third year you give to the Levites and the poor.
Another key aspect to God's tithing Law is that it was specifically designed to serve the descendants of Jacob.

So how can you say God's tithing existed from as far back as Abraham when all Abraham really did, and just once, was give a man a portion of his loot, a portion that just so happened to be 10%? undecided
Re: What Did The Bible Really Say About Tithes? by Nobody: 7:48pm On Jul 19, 2020
Just like all other works of the flesh associated with the Mosaic laws in the old covenant, the tithe also became irrelevant in Christianity, that's why the first century Christians don't practice tithing! smiley

(1) (Reply)

Bishop Oyedepo: Coronavirus Is Beginning Of Woes ‘before Lord Returns’ / At What Age Did You Receive The Sex Talk? / Israel Or Mecca Challenge

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 89
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.