Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,589 members, 7,812,914 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 10:25 PM

Tobias Okwuru: Buhari Appoints Dead Ex-lawmaker To Board Of Federal Character - Politics (7) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Tobias Okwuru: Buhari Appoints Dead Ex-lawmaker To Board Of Federal Character (58097 Views)

Ogbonnaya Onu is dead! (Ex-Governor of Abia State dies at 72) / Alao Akala Is Dead. Ex-Oyo State Governor Dies At 71 / Tobias Okwuru: APC Clarifies Buhari's Appointment Of 'Dead' Ex Lawmaker (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Tobias Okwuru: Buhari Appoints Dead Ex-lawmaker To Board Of Federal Character by bilulu(m): 4:21pm On Apr 29, 2020
Osidazz19:
Pathetic, Buhari needs to fire some people working for him. It's their fault to safe guide the president from such embarrassment.
Have you ever heard he fired anybody? Because under him everybody is his own boss and nobody is in charge to supervise them.

1 Like

Re: Tobias Okwuru: Buhari Appoints Dead Ex-lawmaker To Board Of Federal Character by emmajodeci(m): 4:24pm On Apr 29, 2020
grin
Re: Tobias Okwuru: Buhari Appoints Dead Ex-lawmaker To Board Of Federal Character by seunayantokun(m): 4:27pm On Apr 29, 2020
No be dead president....?

1 Like

Re: Tobias Okwuru: Buhari Appoints Dead Ex-lawmaker To Board Of Federal Character by Nobody: 4:30pm On Apr 29, 2020
flejnr2:
He died late February and probably the list has been written since last year
Defender of rubbish!
Don't worry.You will soon be swallowed by their incompetence.
Re: Tobias Okwuru: Buhari Appoints Dead Ex-lawmaker To Board Of Federal Character by Reference(m): 4:34pm On Apr 29, 2020
IlovePMB:
This is what some people elected to be their president. Nigeria is on a time bomb.

I am ashamed of you and others like you who I share the same country with.

So no interaction with him since last year, no correspondence, no discussion about what he is appointed to do. Then it cannot be an appointment or establishment that is worth our while nor should it cost the taxpayer anything.

Said it severally. Government business is a millstone round the necks of Nigerians. For folks who are aped about the so called palliatives. This is one of the reasons why there is nothing left in the till for the rest Nigerians...an overbloated government filled with political jobbers and gravy trainers.

He was certainly not appointed for anything serious or worthwhile. If he had they will know the minute he passed on.

1 Like

Re: Tobias Okwuru: Buhari Appoints Dead Ex-lawmaker To Board Of Federal Character by adeoyelekan(m): 4:34pm On Apr 29, 2020
Islie:
President Buhari Appoints Dead Ebonyi Ex-lawmaker To Board Of Federal Character

The appointment of the late Okwuru alongside 37 others was contained in a letter Buhari sent to the Nigerian Senate for confirmation.

http://saharareporters.com/2020/04/29/president-buhari-appoints-dead-ebonyi-ex-lawmaker-board-federal-character-commission

Buhari is making me to regret voting for him
Re: Tobias Okwuru: Buhari Appoints Dead Ex-lawmaker To Board Of Federal Character by izubext007: 4:34pm On Apr 29, 2020
what do u people expect wen the president is dead man.
Re: Tobias Okwuru: Buhari Appoints Dead Ex-lawmaker To Board Of Federal Character by Nobody: 4:36pm On Apr 29, 2020
ReubenE:

Pls stop

What stops them from reviewing the list before sending it to the senate.

February and April is two months apart
If you check well now,its people from Buhari region or the other one that will be popping out with these stupid excuses.I really don't understand what they hope to gain from all this disaster.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Tobias Okwuru: Buhari Appoints Dead Ex-lawmaker To Board Of Federal Character by Nobody: 4:36pm On Apr 29, 2020
[quote author=adeoyelekan post=88994307][/quote]
Ok.He is still making you abi?Don't worry
Re: Tobias Okwuru: Buhari Appoints Dead Ex-lawmaker To Board Of Federal Character by Staro: 4:39pm On Apr 29, 2020
wonder233:
The dead have natural affinity for each other

I'm with you

1 Like

Re: Tobias Okwuru: Buhari Appoints Dead Ex-lawmaker To Board Of Federal Character by Princedapace(m): 4:41pm On Apr 29, 2020
maasoap:

Between Buhari and his team and the people who sent the name, who should get the blame? Did Buhari even know the people on the list personally?

So he doesn't verify his lists?

Many dumb people in Nigeria. So, he will never verify the list of those who work for him?

1 Like

Re: Tobias Okwuru: Buhari Appoints Dead Ex-lawmaker To Board Of Federal Character by Eddy90(m): 4:43pm On Apr 29, 2020
in Nigeria everything is possible
Re: Tobias Okwuru: Buhari Appoints Dead Ex-lawmaker To Board Of Federal Character by Adakintroy2: 4:43pm On Apr 29, 2020
Am not Buhari supporterror but this 9ne
No be him faulth.

Someone somewhere fail to do his job.
Re: Tobias Okwuru: Buhari Appoints Dead Ex-lawmaker To Board Of Federal Character by kevwemike: 4:48pm On Apr 29, 2020
No bi today we are used to dead pple working for him
Re: Tobias Okwuru: Buhari Appoints Dead Ex-lawmaker To Board Of Federal Character by Prosperous3131: 4:49pm On Apr 29, 2020
While Government administrators are fighting very hard to eradicate ghost work Buhari is busy employing ghost as workers. Chaii
Re: Tobias Okwuru: Buhari Appoints Dead Ex-lawmaker To Board Of Federal Character by goodnews2017: 5:07pm On Apr 29, 2020
Why is our President still seeing the dead and not the living ? The living are expected to see the living, and the dead should see the dead.
Re: Tobias Okwuru: Buhari Appoints Dead Ex-lawmaker To Board Of Federal Character by kunletexs: 5:09pm On Apr 29, 2020
This shows many if PMB decisions are not his, he is not in control of the ship and HE IS A CLUELESS PRESIDIO TO be give the opportunity to rule.

1 Like

Re: Tobias Okwuru: Buhari Appoints Dead Ex-lawmaker To Board Of Federal Character by YangaBabe: 5:10pm On Apr 29, 2020
Government of the dead for the dead and by the dead
Re: Tobias Okwuru: Buhari Appoints Dead Ex-lawmaker To Board Of Federal Character by Agboriotejoye(m): 5:11pm On Apr 29, 2020
Osidazz19:
Pathetic, Buhari needs to fire some people working for him. It's their fault to safe guide the president from such embarrassment.
Hahahaha
Zombie!! Buhari is now a toddler that needs a nanny to safeguard him
Re: Tobias Okwuru: Buhari Appoints Dead Ex-lawmaker To Board Of Federal Character by AFONJAPIG(m): 5:24pm On Apr 29, 2020
He appoint his fellow dead friend grin
Re: Tobias Okwuru: Buhari Appoints Dead Ex-lawmaker To Board Of Federal Character by Kinematics: 5:25pm On Apr 29, 2020
wonder233:
The dead have natural affinity for each other

This one loud..

1 Like

Re: Tobias Okwuru: Buhari Appoints Dead Ex-lawmaker To Board Of Federal Character by Thisis2raw(m): 5:35pm On Apr 29, 2020
DominusPrime:

Yes o. Once you point out the obvious corruption and co will suddenly disappear only to reappear on another thread screaming children of hate.
thet himself is a mistake for a human. I read his comments sometimes and I don't bother myself to throw stones with him
Re: Tobias Okwuru: Buhari Appoints Dead Ex-lawmaker To Board Of Federal Character by aguh1: 5:35pm On Apr 29, 2020
Haha Ababa why nah?
Re: Tobias Okwuru: Buhari Appoints Dead Ex-lawmaker To Board Of Federal Character by Pat081: 5:36pm On Apr 29, 2020
How many times are we going to read this here ??
Re: Tobias Okwuru: Buhari Appoints Dead Ex-lawmaker To Board Of Federal Character by Nobody: 5:38pm On Apr 29, 2020
Thisis2raw:
thet himself is a mistake for a human. I read his comments sometimes and I don't bother myself to throw stones with him
I enjoy it o...infact yesterday he finally had the balls to call me out although he initially was scared of mentioning me until I jumped on his quote.
Re: Tobias Okwuru: Buhari Appoints Dead Ex-lawmaker To Board Of Federal Character by Nobody: 5:57pm On Apr 29, 2020
flejnr2:

Are you not seeing the stamp and the date in the stamp. What is the date there
Re: Tobias Okwuru: Buhari Appoints Dead Ex-lawmaker To Board Of Federal Character by Okoroawusa: 6:01pm On Apr 29, 2020
Buhari didn't appoint a dead man. The list for the board has been complied months ago and the man was waiting for Senate confirmation before Coro took over the whole world and the man died. His death has not been made public by his family and the man is yet to be buried. The family was yet to inform the presidency but his name has been before the Senate since and they just approved the list.
Re: Tobias Okwuru: Buhari Appoints Dead Ex-lawmaker To Board Of Federal Character by Nobody: 6:01pm On Apr 29, 2020
handie:
It's possible the list had been prepared before his death. Maybe baba fit Don dey arrange how he go resume him new appointment sef. May we not miss out on what should be ours at the last minute..... And, I blame the Ebonyi state chapter of the APC for this embarrassment. Why not notify the national headquarters for onward transmission to d President so as to enable immediate replacement?

That is the loophole with which they wants to steal. Ghost workers are very much with Buhari government than what we may imagine

1 Like

Re: Tobias Okwuru: Buhari Appoints Dead Ex-lawmaker To Board Of Federal Character by Chuzoetoh(m): 6:05pm On Apr 29, 2020
Slawormir:
Damnnnnn niggarrr
The baby above

Your boyfriend must be a real niggarrr
Sahara reporters looking for mistake to criticize

Sahara reporters bunch of fuckkkers

Bros abeg na

Anyway. I go buy you beer( but if you are not a boozer)

Then i go buy you whizkhalifa plant ( and if you are not a toker)

Then i will supply you with some paid pussy ( what if you are not a swimmer)

Then Bros i go teach you some bombing work.

No matter what you must dey do any one among this four things.

apart from toker, I'm all game.
Re: Tobias Okwuru: Buhari Appoints Dead Ex-lawmaker To Board Of Federal Character by ZooOga: 6:09pm On Apr 29, 2020
i just checked the constitution. the president nominates the name and the senate president is the final filter of the list. nass has been away for a few months so when they came back to work they weren't up to speed.
death definitely disqualified a nominee or prospective appointee.

National Assembly Resumes Plenary After COVID-19 Recess
Channels Television
Updated April 28, 2020
https://www.channelstv.com/2020/04/28/breaking-senate-resumes-plenary-after-covid-19-recess/

http://www.nigeria-law.org/ConstitutionOfTheFederalRepublicOfNigeria.htm#EstablishmentOfCertainFederalExecBodies

154. (1) Except in the case of ex officio members or where other provisions are made in this Constitution, the Chairman and members of any of the bodies so established shall, subject to the provisions of this Constitution, be appointed by the President and the appointment shall be subject to confirmation by the Senate.

(2) In exercising his powers to appoint a person as Chairman or member of the Council of State or the National Defence Council or the National Security Council, the President shall not be required to obtain the confirmation of the Senate.

(3) In exercising his powers to appoint a person as Chairman or member of the Independent National Electoral Commission, National Judicial Council, the Federal Judicial Service Commission or the National Population Commission, the President shall consult the Council of State.

155. (1) A person who is a member of any of the bodies established as aforesaid shall, subject to the provisions of this Part, remain a member thereof -

(a) in the case of an ex officio member, whilst he holds the office by virtue of which he is a member of the body;

(b) in the case of a person who is a member by virtue of his having previously held an office, for the duration of his life; and

(c) in the case of a person who is a member otherwise than as ex officio member or otherwise than by virtue of his having previously held an office, for a period of five years from the date of his appointment.

(2) A member of any of the bodies shall cease to be member if any circumstances arise that, if he were not a member of the body, would cause him to be disqualified for appointment as such a member.

just imagine, S.R. is financed by an billionaire Iranian Frenchman raised in yankee, so who knows where his loyalties lay.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Pierre_Omidyar

Based in New York City, Sahara Reporters was founded in 2006 by Omoyele Sowore.[2][3] Sahara Reporters is supported by grants donated by the Ford Foundation,[2] which has donated $175,000 to the organization over the past two years,[citation needed] and from the Global Information Network.[2] Sahara Reporters has also received a $450,000 grant from The Omidyar Foundation.[4]

I could be wrong but GIN seems like a CIA shop

Global Information Network, Ltd. or GIN, incorporated in 1986, is an independent, New York domestic non-profit news organization with an office in New York City that gathers and disseminates news from reporters in the field in Africa.

good fictional movie to watch while on lockdown. old but interesting. wink

Three Days of the Condor (1975)
https://www.imdb.com/title/tt0073802/
Re: Tobias Okwuru: Buhari Appoints Dead Ex-lawmaker To Board Of Federal Character by Nobody: 6:13pm On Apr 29, 2020
NwaNimo1:
Na Ghost Worker.. ..at least this one na actual ghost grin

[img]https://media./images/286812c80db1218020a5cf78eea97164/tenor.gif[/img]

Re: Tobias Okwuru: Buhari Appoints Dead Ex-lawmaker To Board Of Federal Character by charlsecy(m): 6:20pm On Apr 29, 2020
flejnr2:
quote author=handie post=88989966]It's possible the list had been prepared before his death. [/quote]And the stamped date is 24 March. Oya, explain.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply)

Senator Ifeanyi Uba Visits Nnamdi Kanu (Photos) / Shooting As Soldiers Invade Ateke Tom's Palace (PICS) / Femi Fani-Kayode Threatening Staff With Hammer - Sahara Reporters (Video)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 37
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.