Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,594 members, 7,812,948 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 11:19 PM

How I Contracted Coronavirus – Governor El-rufai Share His Isolation Story - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / How I Contracted Coronavirus – Governor El-rufai Share His Isolation Story (547 Views)

Chevron: None Of Our Employees Contracted Coronavirus In Warri / See The People That Were With Abba Kyari A Week Before He Contracted Coronavirus / How Ekiti Driver Contracted Coronavirus -fayemi (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

How I Contracted Coronavirus – Governor El-rufai Share His Isolation Story by Onyiamaogu: 3:22pm On Apr 29, 2020

Governor Nasir El-Rufai of Kaduna state has narrated the ordeal he endured in isolation while undergoing treatment for COVID-19 and how he contracted the virus.

El-Rufai disclosed on Tuesday, April 28, that he suffered serious headaches and fever within the first week of his isolation, Daily Trust reports.

El-Rufai says he suffered serious headaches and fever within the first week of his isolation Source: Depositphotos Speaking in a Hausa live media chat with selected radio stations in Kaduna, the governor said though he was not certain as to when or where exactly he contracted the virus, he suspected that he picked it up from Abuja where he attended several meetings.

He said he did not have symptoms of cough or other respiratory problems but noted that he suffered excruciating headaches and fever which he said he will not wish for his enemies.

“I suffered a lot. I was isolated for 26 days without contact with my wives, children, in fact, nobody except for healthcare providers,” El-Rufai said.

“I did not see my wives and children, I stayed alone for 26 days in a room, even the person who was assigned to bring food to me was well kited so I don’t infect him and I was always on drugs sometimes twice a day.”

He noted that though no member of his immediate family had tested positive for coronavirus, he said he infected a colleague, one of his drivers, his domestic staff and a close friend.

The governor noted that he was fine on the first two days in isolation but by the third day, he was hit by a serious fever that lasted two to three days adding that he couldn’t read or do anything and even found it difficult to pray.

El-Rufai said when he started to get better, he began reading online about everything that had to do with coronavirus, recited the Qur’an, and then attending virtual meetings.

He disclosed said at some point, his phones were seized by his doctor.

https://repnaija.com.ng/how-i-contracted-coronavirus-governor-el-rufai-shares/
Re: How I Contracted Coronavirus – Governor El-rufai Share His Isolation Story by Nonso92(m): 3:27pm On Apr 29, 2020
Thumbs up
Re: How I Contracted Coronavirus – Governor El-rufai Share His Isolation Story by CelestineNelson: 3:39pm On Apr 29, 2020
He noted that though no member of his immediate family had tested positive for coronavirus, he said he infected a colleague, one of his drivers, his domestic staff and a close friend....

Sir explain this....
Re: How I Contracted Coronavirus – Governor El-rufai Share His Isolation Story by Chapii: 3:41pm On Apr 29, 2020
I watched Funmi Oke on Aljazeera (The Stream) yesterday. She interviewed a Doctor from Kano who confirmed that most private hospitals in Kano have closed down and up to 70% of Doctors in Gov't hospitals have absconded so many are dying of regular illnesses because they cannot get adequate healthcare as a result of fear created by Covid-19.
The Nigerian society is on a delicate balance with over 50% of Nigerians barely surviving èespecially in the North. Anything that alters that balance such as lockdowns or excessive fear tips society over which results in increase death rates, which is what is happening in Kano.
Coronavirus is not as infectious in this part of the world as it is in the West so our leaders should be very careful with how they manage this situation. The response should not be worse than the disease. Learn from Oyo & Cross River States. ElRufai better lift the useless and senseless lockdown in Kaduna.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: How I Contracted Coronavirus – Governor El-rufai Share His Isolation Story by NwaNimo1(m): 3:45pm On Apr 29, 2020
Re: How I Contracted Coronavirus – Governor El-rufai Share His Isolation Story by NIJJAking(m): 3:46pm On Apr 29, 2020
ok o
Re: How I Contracted Coronavirus – Governor El-rufai Share His Isolation Story by unnknown: 4:24pm On Apr 29, 2020
Your head dey pain you, I swear.
NwaNimo1:
It can be caught again...

[img]https://media./images/22aa1558d50d6468d98df4c0efada7bc/tenor.gif[/img]

(1) (Reply)

Politicians Failed Nigeria, The God Of The Poor Will Judge Us All – Dino Melaye / Emperor Wike Relaxed Lockdown In Rivers State For The Swearing In Of PDP Excos / FG Is Not Making Covid-19 Treatment To Look Like Secret Cult - APC Group Replies

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 14
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.