Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,577 members, 7,820,075 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 09:22 AM

How Taiwo Akerele Was Blackmailed Into Resigning From As Obaseki's COS - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / How Taiwo Akerele Was Blackmailed Into Resigning From As Obaseki's COS (33586 Views)

DSS Storms Residence Of Taiwo Akerele, Former Obaseki’s Chief Of Staff / Taiwo Akerele Resigns A Governor Obaseki’s Chief Of Staff / "Obaseki And Oshiomhole Working To End Rift" – Taiwo Akerele (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: How Taiwo Akerele Was Blackmailed Into Resigning From As Obaseki's COS by Kobicove(m): 2:05pm On Apr 30, 2020
I always knew there was more to his resignation cos a typical African will never resign all things being equal! undecided

1 Like

Re: How Taiwo Akerele Was Blackmailed Into Resigning From As Obaseki's COS by Nobody: 2:08pm On Apr 30, 2020
Who cares? undecided
Re: How Taiwo Akerele Was Blackmailed Into Resigning From As Obaseki's COS by Nobody: 2:11pm On Apr 30, 2020
Afonjas, always eager to play the traitor role in any given movie.
Re: How Taiwo Akerele Was Blackmailed Into Resigning From As Obaseki's COS by lastempero: 2:11pm On Apr 30, 2020
JAMO84:
What is this one saying?

Did the report not allege that the CoS was sidelined after the governor discovered that he was leaking vital documents to the Osho camp?

My question is, if the man was a double agent, and the governor knew it, why didn't he sack him immediately? Why did he have to wait until the Osho camp blackmail him to resign?

It's you that lacks elementary comprehension, you should go back to primary 4. I cannot be communicating with you in your native language before you understand simple sentences!!!

I AN DONE TALKING

You are not a politician so u wont understand the arithmetic there. Keep your enemies close.
Re: How Taiwo Akerele Was Blackmailed Into Resigning From As Obaseki's COS by nairavsdollars(f): 2:15pm On Apr 30, 2020
sure. they will rather die there even when Nigerians are calling them to do so
Kobicove:
I always knew there was more to his resignation cos a typical African will never resign all things being equal! undecided
Re: How Taiwo Akerele Was Blackmailed Into Resigning From As Obaseki's COS by joelag: 2:16pm On Apr 30, 2020
JAMO84:
This is a load of crap. Obaseki discovered he was leaking information to his enemy, why didn't he sack him immediately? Why did he have to wait until the guy resigned before revealing that he was corrupt?

This bad attempt of damage control is dead on arrival. Obaseki must be treated with the 'Ambodemacine' capsule!!!

Sometimes, never let them know, that you know.
It's also a good strategy.

I AM DONE TALKING

1 Like

Re: How Taiwo Akerele Was Blackmailed Into Resigning From As Obaseki's COS by adenigga(m): 2:18pm On Apr 30, 2020
Racoon:

See how they fight corruption-by subterfuge, episonage and blackmail? Previous corruption which were well veiled are later opened up and used to cowed the person to submission simply because of political consideration.

Leaking sensitive govt documents is a treasonable offence.So will the DSS EFCC, ICPC, NPF do the needful now? So much for the anti-corruption fight of this govt.

cc: , Seunmsg
Re: How Taiwo Akerele Was Blackmailed Into Resigning From As Obaseki's COS by adenigga(m): 2:20pm On Apr 30, 2020
Racoon:

See how they fight corruption-by subterfuge, episonage and blackmail? Previous corruption which were well veiled are later opened up and used to cowed the person to submission simply because of political consideration.

Leaking sensitive govt documents is a treasonable offence.So will the DSS EFCC, ICPC, NPF do the needful now? So much for the anti-corruption fight of this govt.

cc: , Seunmsg

apc and fight against corruption, pure comedy!!!

1 Like

Re: How Taiwo Akerele Was Blackmailed Into Resigning From As Obaseki's COS by ENIGMATIC2023(m): 2:22pm On Apr 30, 2020
House of Cards movie in play in Edo politicos
Re: How Taiwo Akerele Was Blackmailed Into Resigning From As Obaseki's COS by MrPaul2: 2:27pm On Apr 30, 2020
JAMO84:
This is a load of crap. Obaseki discovered he was leaking information to his enemy, why didn't he sack him immediately? Why did he have to wait until the guy resigned before revealing that he was corrupt?

This bad attempt of damage control is dead on arrival. Obaseki must be treated with the 'Ambodemacine' capsule!!!

I AM DONE TALKING
Its a pity you couldn't even read a common article and comprehend. Go back and read it again, there you will find out who reveal him to the world and who coarse him to resign
Re: How Taiwo Akerele Was Blackmailed Into Resigning From As Obaseki's COS by pseudaria: 2:29pm On Apr 30, 2020
JAMO84:
What is this one saying?

Did the report not allege that the CoS was sidelined after the governor discovered that he was leaking vital documents to the Osho camp?

My question is, if the man was a double agent, and the governor knew it, why didn't he sack him immediately? Why did he have to wait until the Osho camp blackmail him to resign?

It's you that lacks elementary comprehension, you should go back to primary 4. I cannot be communicating with you in your native language before you understand simple sentences!!!

I AN DONE TALKING

Is it advisable to sack ur COS few months to a crucial election without sending tongues wagging about disunity in your camp which can be counterproductive. It's better to sideline for now then change when the dust settles, simple politics

4 Likes

Re: How Taiwo Akerele Was Blackmailed Into Resigning From As Obaseki's COS by dinachi(m): 2:32pm On Apr 30, 2020
Re: How Taiwo Akerele Was Blackmailed Into Resigning From As Obaseki's COS by GeorgeTheCoder: 2:35pm On Apr 30, 2020
gaby post=89017894[s:
]This version is surely plausible.

It's such a shame how Akerele would allow himself to be pawned cheaply in this roforofo fight due to his greed. It serves him right and it's his own karma.

Dude should have learnt loyalty to boss from Abba Kyari.

Unfortunately for him, he can't run away due to Covid19. If I were Obaseki, I'd have set the EFCC on him.

Oshiomole really needs to quit with his childish politics.[/s]

It was written for the consumption of people like you with fish brains. How any sane person can believe this rubbish is beyond me

5 Likes

Re: How Taiwo Akerele Was Blackmailed Into Resigning From As Obaseki's COS by GeorgeTheCoder: 2:36pm On Apr 30, 2020
JAMO84:

I AM DONE TALKING

The writers of this nonsense know that many Nigerians possess fish brains.

4 Likes

Re: How Taiwo Akerele Was Blackmailed Into Resigning From As Obaseki's COS by PHILipu1(m): 2:38pm On Apr 30, 2020
nairavsdollars:
How can you betray a man who trusted you that much to make you a whole Chief of Staff?
But you are OK with Obaseki that betrayed Oshiomole that made him governor?

5 Likes

Re: How Taiwo Akerele Was Blackmailed Into Resigning From As Obaseki's COS by Pusyiter(m): 2:40pm On Apr 30, 2020
This is an adumbration of what is obtainable in Banana republics where gestapo-politicking is played.
It is sad that our politicians uses the aces of blackmail to retreat their political opponents.
As the drama unfolds, let's see who wins in the battle of the titans
#Edorumble2020
Re: How Taiwo Akerele Was Blackmailed Into Resigning From As Obaseki's COS by Charly68: 2:43pm On Apr 30, 2020
nairavsdollars:
How can you betray a man who trusted you that much to make you a whole Chief of Staff?
. Did you read the whole story at all ? Can''t you see how the carpol roped him in ? He was made to do what he never wanted to do...this is why we must ensure that we don't have any skeleton in our cupboard. So you think it is easy to resign from such an exalted position ! His hands has been soiled
Re: How Taiwo Akerele Was Blackmailed Into Resigning From As Obaseki's COS by Nobody: 2:43pm On Apr 30, 2020
Flyingngel:
In Nigeria politics deceit, blackmail, intimidation and outright killing of political opponents is the other of the day.
If the corruption issue abt him is correct and he was in support of Obaseki then he shld have open up completely to the governor, they would have for a way to manage it or disengaged him in a better way. Or look for dirt and throw at either Oshiomole or his errand boys. In Nigeria, all politicians are corrupt so it is easy to find dirt on all of them.
Nigerian politics is survival of the fittest. If you cant survive the heat, get out of the kitchen.
The problem here is the EFCC is now an attack dog for opponents of those in power
Re: How Taiwo Akerele Was Blackmailed Into Resigning From As Obaseki's COS by Dedetwo(m): 2:47pm On Apr 30, 2020
bolaayenimo:

Facts emerged on Wednesday on why Taiwo Akerele, former Chief of Staff to Governor Godwin Obaseki of Edo State, unceremoniously resigned his position last weekend. Akerele, in his resignation letter dated April 25, had said his decision to resign was based on administrative and governance grounds.

“My decision to exit the government is based on administrative and governance grounds. “I am solidly with His Excellency, Mr. Godwin Obaseki, in his quest to transform Edo State. His mission and vision resonate with mine.

“This is all I have to say. I will like to be given the opportunity to go private as I part ways administratively with the government based on principles. “I thank his Excellency for the opportunity given to me to serve in this capacity and also thanks to His Royal Majesty, Oba of Benin, Oba Ewuare II, for his immense leadership and support during the period I served in this capacity. May his reign be long and peaceful. Amen,” Akerele wrote in the letter.

While many have been wondering why Akerele decided to part ways with Obaseki, given their perceived closeness, a credible source in Edo Government House informed Daily Independent that the former Chief of Staff was blackmailed into doing so by forces opposed to the governor’s re-election.

According to him, Akerele lost the confidence of the governor and was locked out of the kitchen cabinet when it was discovered that he was allegedly leaking out sensitive documents to members of the Edo Peoples Movement (EPM), a political group in the All Progressives Congress (APC) loyal to Comrade Adams Oshiomhole, the party’s national chairman, who is at loggerheads with the governor.

According to our source, “Taiwo Akerele was the head of World Bank Edo State Office of State Employment and Expenditure for Results (SEEFOR) project under the Adams Oshiomhole administration. “The project involves infrastructure development in rural areas. While overseeing the project, Akerele took liberty for licence and misappropriated funds.

“There were documents showing that he bought a house in California for $1 million and so on. “Unfortunately for him, by the time the conflict between the governor and Oshiomhole started, he actually supported the governor and was fighting on his side, saying the governor deserved a second term.

“Later, the Oshiomhole team roped him in and showed him documents of houses, of how he misappropriated funds, and they threatened to report him to the Economic and Financial Crimes Commission (EFCC). “Following the threat, he panicked and capitulated. They then started blackmailing him to reveal government documents to them. “He then became a mole and started working for the Oshiomhole team, revealing sensitive information to them.

“The governor later became worried about how sensitive information and documents were getting to the Oshiomhole camp. “It was later discovered that he was the one behind it. After that, the governor rejigged his kitchen cabinet and Akerele was locked out.

“When that happened, he was unable to get privileged information to send to the Oshiomhole camp. “Having realised that he was no longer useful to them, the Oshiomhole camp asked him to resign or be exposed, and cause a scare that there is disarray in the Obaseki camp.

“Before he even came to submit the letter to the governor, he had already gone to the media, and that was why Crusoe Osagie, the media aide to the governor, issued a statement that the governor was not aware of his resignation.”

Also speaking, Chief Charles Idahosa, a former Commissioner for Information in Edo State, said on Wednesday that Akerele was a betrayer who failed to justify the confidence reposed in him by Governor Obaseki.
Idahosa, a prominent leader of the APC in the state, said he nominated Akerele for the position of Chief of Staff to Governor Obaseki even though he (Akerele) was lobbying him to make him a commissioner in the Obaseki administration.

According to Idahosa, when Akerele approached him that he wanted to resign as Chief of Staff, he asked him if he was being blackmailed into doing so, but he replied that he wasn’t being blackmailed. He added that Akerele’s resignation was of no consequence as he was a political paperweight in the politics of Edo State.

“It might surprise you and a lot of people to know that I was the one that nominated Taiwo Akerele as Chief of Staff to Governor Godwin Obaseki. “He worked with me in Government House when I was political adviser to the governor.

“That was why I liked him because he was very efficient. He was a secretary of a committee that I chaired in Government House. “He was rolling on the ground when I nominated him as Chief of Staff because he was already lobbying me to assist him in becoming a commissioner, only for the governor to come to me and say, ‘Is there anybody you can suggest to me as Chief of Staff ?’ I immediately said Taiwo Akerele, from Akoko-Edo.
“He came to me and said he wanted to resign and I asked him, ‘Are you being blackmailed into resigning?’ He said no, he wasn’t being blackmailed. “As chief of staff, his action is a betrayal to the governor.

“There are so many things that have been unravelled about him that I don’t want to talk about because, like I told you, it is not an issue. “We have seen it before. The sad aspect is that Oshiomhole is allowing little boys to rubbish him.” When contacted, Akerele, who did not deny that he got the appointment through Idahosa, however, said, as a professional, he had resolved not to join issues with anyone. He said he had resigned and moved on with his life.

“In my resignation letter, I clearly stated that I will like to be given the opportunity to go private. “I will not join issues with anyone. I have resigned and since moved on,” he said.”

https://www.independent.ng/how-obasekis-former-chief-of-staff-was-blackmailed-into-resigning-from-office/

Nobody blackmailed Taiwo Akerele into resignation as COS of governor of Edo State. The dude's first names spoke volumes about him.
Re: How Taiwo Akerele Was Blackmailed Into Resigning From As Obaseki's COS by ud4u: 2:50pm On Apr 30, 2020
Osho Baba abeg live Edo state alone, na by force to be godfather

1 Like

Re: How Taiwo Akerele Was Blackmailed Into Resigning From As Obaseki's COS by chyket(m): 2:56pm On Apr 30, 2020
For Obaseki to have been asking for nominees for position as sensitive as COS at the inception of his government shows he was not well schooled in the game of Politics. As a good politician,you must have your candidates for COS,Commissioner of finance and you must push their candidature through by all means.

3 Likes

Re: How Taiwo Akerele Was Blackmailed Into Resigning From As Obaseki's COS by nairavsdollars(f): 2:57pm On Apr 30, 2020
You mean because he is Afonja?
Dedetwo:

Nobody blackmailed Taiwo Akerele into resignation as COS of governor of Edo State. The dude's first names spoke volumes about him.
Re: How Taiwo Akerele Was Blackmailed Into Resigning From As Obaseki's COS by mullerman: 3:01pm On Apr 30, 2020
JAMO84:

This bad attempt of damage control is dead on arrival. Obaseki must be treated with the 'Ambodemacine' capsule!!!obaseki doesn't need to sack him because he has been ignored from his duty,he doesn't call him to meeting again.

I AM DONE TALKING
Re: How Taiwo Akerele Was Blackmailed Into Resigning From As Obaseki's COS by andriods: 3:01pm On Apr 30, 2020
GeorgeTheCoder:

It was written for the consumption of people like you with fish brains. How any sane person can believe this rubbish is beyond me

Must u insult him. Agbaya
Re: How Taiwo Akerele Was Blackmailed Into Resigning From As Obaseki's COS by mullerman: 3:03pm On Apr 30, 2020
[quote author=JAMO84 post=89021070]This is a load of crap. Obaseki discovered he was leaking information to his enemy, why didn't he sack him immediately? Why did he have to wait until the guy resigned before revealing that he was corrupt?

This bad attempt of damage control is dead on arrival. Obaseki must be treated with the 'Ambodemacine' capsule!!!obaseki doesn't need to sack him because he has been ignored from his duty,he doesn't call him to meeting again.
Re: How Taiwo Akerele Was Blackmailed Into Resigning From As Obaseki's COS by olumide4christ: 3:22pm On Apr 30, 2020
This is the reason why I trust so much in the principle of having clean hands (integrity) during and after you have worked in a particular place. That's what God's word, the Bible says in Psalms 15:1-2; Psalms 24:3-6; 1 Timothy 6:6-10

If this report is true, then it means that Mr. Taiwo allowed himself to be roped into this quagmire and be blackmailed because of the corrupt and shady dealings he had been involved in during Oshiomhole's tenure as governor.
The govt knew about the properties he had acquired with ill-gotten money but kept quiet. They only made use of that information when it was time to blackmail him to achieve their selfish motives. The same goes for people like Kemi Adeosun, former finance minister. She had been a commissioner for finance in Ogun state prior to becoming a minister. Does it mean that the Ogun state house of assembly and the National Assembly never knew that her NYSC certificate was forged? They knew of course but kept quiet and confirmed her as commissioner and minister, waiting for an opportunity that may arise where they could use that information against her to achieve their selfish motives, which they eventually did.
The same goes for the APC Deputy Governorship aspirant for Bayelsa state who contested alongside David Lyon. The opposition kept the information they had until the right time.

For anyone with the ambition of going into politics or taking up a political appointment, it's best to live a life of contentment and keep your hands clean such that when your enemies are looking for something to use to bring you down, they will find NOTHING! Such was the case of Daniel in the Bible - Daniel 6:1-5
That's my personal principle...it works!
Re: How Taiwo Akerele Was Blackmailed Into Resigning From As Obaseki's COS by koxyz: 3:26pm On Apr 30, 2020
[quote author=Dedetwo post=89027629]

Nobody blackmailed Taiwo Akerele into resignation as COS of governor of Edo State. The dude's first names spoke volumes about him. [/quote ]He might not be an Afonja guy because some parts of Edo equally share that name with the Yorubas.
Re: How Taiwo Akerele Was Blackmailed Into Resigning From As Obaseki's COS by koxyz: 3:31pm On Apr 30, 2020
Dedetwo:

He might not be an Afonja guy because some parts of Edo equally share that name with the Yorubas.
Re: How Taiwo Akerele Was Blackmailed Into Resigning From As Obaseki's COS by RunThins: 3:42pm On Apr 30, 2020
This narrative from "a close government" and nameless source get k-leg! Where there's smoke there's always fire, but there are always two sides to a story though. I feel bad for the dude for getting caught in the middle of this loyalty wahala.

1 Like

Re: How Taiwo Akerele Was Blackmailed Into Resigning From As Obaseki's COS by Bluntemperor: 3:43pm On Apr 30, 2020
JAMO84:

I AM DONE TALKING

Don't mind the one-way-traffic analysis by guys up there.May be they are part of people that are sharing the palliatives without declaring their identities!
How can you jump into such conclusions without the C of Staff opening up first?.This is polical terrains and all manners of information will be flowing now,until this man resign,he was not accused of betrayal.Tufiaka!!

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Court Judgement: Umahi Makes U-Turn, Tenders Apology To NBA / Masari: Kidnappers Of Students Have Contacted Us, We Are Discussing / Jubilation In Niger As Security Operatives Neutralise 100 Bandits (Video)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 57
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.