Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,510 members, 7,819,839 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 02:25 AM

How Come The Title Of Oba Became The General Word For King In All Yoruba Lexicon - Culture (7) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Culture / How Come The Title Of Oba Became The General Word For King In All Yoruba Lexicon (9195 Views)

Ayan De First-Mr Culture Performs For King Charles III For The 3rd Time / Misuzulu KaZwelithini, Zulu King In First Reed Dance With Virgin Maidens / "I Haven’t Adopted The Title Of An Emir" - Oluwo Of Iwo Oba Abdul-Rasheed Akanbi (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: How Come The Title Of Oba Became The General Word For King In All Yoruba Lexicon by Amujale(m): 3:29pm On May 03, 2020
RamessesIV:
Caucasoid but negroid is wrong again as I said I don't do sentiments if i was,i will refuse the term "africa" and "black"

For the umteenth time, Caucasoid is correct because the current stock of Arabs an Europeans came from the Caucasus mountains.

Negroid is wrong and invalid because there is no where in history that the term wasnt used in a derrogatory manner.

Instead of Negroid, replace with some other acceptable term. i.e African, Black, Kush, Nubian e.t.c
Re: How Come The Title Of Oba Became The General Word For King In All Yoruba Lexicon by Amujale(m): 3:33pm On May 03, 2020
RamessesIV:
Lol north africa is not part of the middle east only Sinai,parts of west asia is what makes up the "middle east" and it's called that till today.

I guess its a waste of time trying to explain that to you.

All i will say is that at a certain point in time, not very long ago, people could trek from Egypt to Jordan.
Re: How Come The Title Of Oba Became The General Word For King In All Yoruba Lexicon by RamessesIV(m): 3:37pm On May 03, 2020
And today egypt is part of north africa and connected to the middle east via sinai,these are modern geographical terms
Amujale:

I guess its a waste of time trying to explain that to you.

All i will say is that at a certain point in time, not very long ago, people could trek from Egypt to Jordan.

Re: How Come The Title Of Oba Became The General Word For King In All Yoruba Lexicon by Amujale(m): 3:41pm On May 03, 2020
RamessesIV:
And today egypt is part of north africa and connected to the middle east via sinai,these are modern geographical terms

As i said earlier, its either West Asia or North Africa.

There's no such geographical region known as Middle East.
Re: How Come The Title Of Oba Became The General Word For King In All Yoruba Lexicon by RamessesIV(m): 3:49pm On May 03, 2020
This is not correct,"caucasians" don't come from the Caucasus mountain this was first used in 1780's This view was based upon the Caucasus being the location for the purported landing point of Noah's Ark – from whom the Bible states that humanity is descended – and the location for the suffering of Prometheus, who in Hesiod's myth had crafted humankind from clay

In addition, the most beautiful humans were reputed to be the stereotypical "Circassian beauties" and the Georgian people; both Georgia and Circassia are in the Caucasus region. The "Circassian beauty" stereotype had its roots in the Middle Ages, whilst the reputation for the attractiveness of the Georgian people was developed by early modern travellers,there is not credible proof that Caucasoid are from there,and you forget horners are classified as Caucasoid,negroid was used to classify dark skinned people of africa these are both incorrect terms,

And for the umptemth time you are attributing sentiments,you can't discard one and use the other,and you can't use africa cause africa is diverse(you seem to always forget this),black/white,black is color not all black people are negroid/south-saharan,and not all caucasoid identify as white,is kushite are wide used term

Negroid refers to racial classification,we have countries that uses this word,and black was also used offensively,it seems you are choosing to sentimental
Amujale:

For the umteenth time, Caucasoid is correct because the current stock of Arabs an Europeans came from the Caucasus mountains.

Negroid is wrong and invalid because there is no where in history that the term wasnt used in a derrogatory manner.

Instead of Negroid, replace with some other acceptable term. i.e African, Black, Kush, Nubian e.t.c
Re: How Come The Title Of Oba Became The General Word For King In All Yoruba Lexicon by RamessesIV(m): 3:51pm On May 03, 2020
We have middle east in west asia,till today is still used as a geographical term,in politics we have middle east/north africa again these are modern geographical terms

And we have asia-minor,ohh yes who are they minor too

See again why I claim you are being sentimental

Amujale:

As i said earlier, its either West Asia or North Africa.

There's no such geographical region known as Middle East.
Re: How Come The Title Of Oba Became The General Word For King In All Yoruba Lexicon by Amujale(m): 4:38pm On May 03, 2020
RamessesIV:
This is not correct,"caucasians" don't come from the Caucasus mountain this was first used in 1780's...

The Caucasus Mountains are a mountain system at the intersection of Europe and Asia. Stretching between the Black Sea and the Caspian Sea, it surrounds the eponymous Caucasus region and is home to Mount Elbrus, the highest peak in Europe.

Is this where the term Caucausoid originates?

You arguments are baseless and void of common sense.

Are you saying that that the Caucasus Mountain isnt the root for the term "Caucausoid"?

If so, show us where the term originates.
Re: How Come The Title Of Oba Became The General Word For King In All Yoruba Lexicon by Amujale(m): 4:52pm On May 03, 2020
RamessesIV:

Negroid refers to racial classification,we have countries that uses this word,and black was also used offensively...

Who concocted these so-called classifications?

You dont know what you are on about.

Due to the history of the term 'Negroid', it has always been toxic and as such has no place inside African history.

Instead of you to learn, you are too busy trying to defend a Eurocentric version.

I dont know what melanin symbolises to you, for me and for the ancient Africanssic melanin denotes divinity, pure essence, originality e.t.c

You can take your Eurocentricism and throw it inside the ashcan of history.

Here we deal with African history from the perspective of an African.

All other hypothesis are null and void
Re: How Come The Title Of Oba Became The General Word For King In All Yoruba Lexicon by Amujale(m): 4:53pm On May 03, 2020
RamessesIV:

Negroid refers to racial classification

You consider yourself a Negroid?
Re: How Come The Title Of Oba Became The General Word For King In All Yoruba Lexicon by Amujale(m): 4:55pm On May 03, 2020
RamessesIV:

In addition, the most beautiful humans were reputed to be the stereotypical "Circassian beauties" and the Georgian people; both Georgia and Circassia are in the Caucasus region.

You are alone with that kind of Eurocentric understanding, as i for one doesnt subscribe to that nonsense.

The most beautiful humans are the Africansic.

Furthermore, you are poorly read on history. The Caucasus Mountains is where the cave dwellers originate.

Theres a huge amount of missing information that i neednt divulged here, however, what is never in dispute is that everone came out of Africa.

It is supposed that they some how lost there pigmentation and became melanin passive.

The caucasoid as they themselves allude to at a certain point in time found themselves in the Caucasus Mountain. i.e Krubera Cave of the Western Caucasus range.

It is from here that they later dispersed into Asia and Europe.

These stock of Asians and Europeans have been around for no longer than 10,000 years as scientific analysis suggest.

Go and read a proper and genuine history textbook.
Re: How Come The Title Of Oba Became The General Word For King In All Yoruba Lexicon by Amujale(m): 5:17pm On May 03, 2020
RamessesIV:
horners are classified as Caucasoid..

Assuming you are well learnt in African history, that wouldnt suprise you.

Amujale:

Who are the original 'horners'?

The demographic of that regions has changed hands more than 100 times in the last 2,100 years.

Furthermore, learn to make use of the term 'South of the Sahara', opposed to 'Sub Sahara'.

Know thyselves.

South of the Sahara ✅

Sub Sahara ✖

The communities 'South of the Sahara' arent sub to anyone or anything nevermind the 'Sahara'.

For further discussion, follow the link here:

https://www.nairaland.com/5795996/african-origin-civilisation

Eventhough history teaches us of an Arab, Greek and Roman presence in those regions.

The horners consist mainly of the Barbari, Eritreans, Ethiopians and the Somalians

So there should be no suprise that we will find Caucasoid amongst them, especially the Barbari.
Re: How Come The Title Of Oba Became The General Word For King In All Yoruba Lexicon by RamessesIV(m): 6:17pm On May 03, 2020
horners share similar traits,if it was about mixing with romans,and Greeks then these genes would have been limited to a certain population as the horn was already settled and populated,and they actually rolled with Arabs not greeks or romans.

Note the horn of africa is the proposed exist of early modern humans and entry of another set of people,so their 40% estimated caucasoid genes is mostly from the neolithic era.

Amujale:

Assuming you are well learnt in African history, that wouldnt suprise you.

Eventhough history teaches us of an Arab, Greek and Roman presence in those regions.

The horners consist mainly of the Barbari, Eritreans, Ethiopians and the Somalians

So there should be no suprise that we will find Caucasoid amongst them, especially the Barbari.
Re: How Come The Title Of Oba Became The General Word For King In All Yoruba Lexicon by RamessesIV(m): 6:48pm On May 03, 2020
Note how you choose to believe and follow what suits your agenda? Anything you dont like is "eurocentrism"

Did I talk about who were the most beautiful,i explained to you the origin of "Caucasoid"

"Poorly read on history" lol says the person who believes all people grouped understand"caucasoid" came from caucasus mountain

All modern human descends from early humans who migrated out of africa thank you

Caucasoid was coined due to the fact people from there were "too white and consider beautiful" hence the theory "all white people" came from there

Melanin is not just what made them different,I wonder the fixation on melanin,but you are right natural selection did its work same way it did here in africa

And thanks I don't get my information from only books,I follow well researched,peer reviewed work,and I am open to new information as far as it is devoid from politics and racial nationalism

Amujale:

You are alone with that kind of Eurocentric understanding, as i for one doesnt subscribe to that nonsense.

The most beautiful humans are the Africansic.

Furthermore, you are poorly read on history. The Caucasus Mountains is where the cave dwellers originate.

Theres a huge amount of missing information that i neednt divulged here, however, what is never in dispute is that everone came out of Africa.

It is supposed that they some how lost there pigmentation and became melanin passive.

The caucasoid as they themselves allude to at a certain point in time found themselves in the Caucasus Mountain. i.e Krubera Cave of the Western Caucasus range.

It is from here that they later dispersed into Asia and Europe.

These stock of Asians and Europeans have been around for no longer than 10,000 years as scientific analysis suggest.

Go and read a proper and genuine history textbook.
Re: How Come The Title Of Oba Became The General Word For King In All Yoruba Lexicon by Amujale(m): 7:43pm On May 03, 2020
RamessesIV:

Note the horn of africa is the proposed exist of early modern humans and entry of another set of people,so their 40% estimated caucasoid genes is mostly from the neolithic era.

Eventhough i dont subscribe to the notion of early human being different from the modern ones.

Humans have always been the same, its technology that has changed.

However, note taken.

The history of the Caucasoid begins during the stone age, whilst Africans had already experienced hundreds of thousands of years of existence prior to that.

Its important to note that the current Eurocentric model of history doesnt account for
the parts of world history that doesnt involve the Caucasoid.

What some would tend to deem pre history is infact major parts of Africansic history.

Noone is in control, possess the qualification to address the narratives of African history except for the African
Re: How Come The Title Of Oba Became The General Word For King In All Yoruba Lexicon by RamessesIV(m): 7:50pm On May 03, 2020
But I am not using eurocentric history,and early humans where different i mean you can't support "all humans came from africa" and then go against it,just because that one has "africa" but it takes account of africa if not there would be no "early humans were all from africa" I really don't know what more you expect

And caucasians came from africa,evolution focuses heavily on africa,I don't know what you want not every thing about history is racial politics modern humans you see evolved recently,if you choose not to believe fine,we have people who don't believe in evolution
Amujale:

Eventhough i dont subscribe to the notion of early human being different from the modern ones.

Humans have always been the same, its technology that has changed.

However, note taken.

The history of the Caucasoid begins during the stone age, whilst Africans had already experienced hundreds of thousands of years of existence prior to that.

Its important to note that the current Eurocentric model of history doesnt account for
the parts of world history that doesnt involve the Caucasoid.

What some would tend to deem pre history is infact major parts of Africansic history.

Noone is in control, possess the qualification to address the narratives of African history except for the African

Re: How Come The Title Of Oba Became The General Word For King In All Yoruba Lexicon by Amujale(m): 7:51pm On May 03, 2020
RamessesIV:

"Poorly read on history" lol says the person who believes all people grouped understand"caucasoid" came from caucasus mountain...

I am 100% certain that the term Caucasoid is rooted from the Caucasus Mountains.

Give us your logical reason where the term Caucasoid is meant to have originated

Lets cut to the chase.

Does you refer to yourself as a Negroid?
Re: How Come The Title Of Oba Became The General Word For King In All Yoruba Lexicon by RamessesIV(m): 8:07pm On May 03, 2020
I already explain the origin of the word caucasoid being used as a racial classification is there go back and see it

Yes based on racial classificiations
Amujale:

I am 100% certain that the term Caucasoid is rooted from the Caucasus Mountains.

Give us your logical reason where the term Caucasoid is meant to have originated

Lets cut to the chase.

Re: How Come The Title Of Oba Became The General Word For King In All Yoruba Lexicon by Amujale(m): 8:31pm On May 03, 2020
RamessesIV:
I already explain the origin of the word caucasoid being used as a racial classification is there go back and see it

Yes based on racial classificiations

I wasnt asking you based on anything, neither was i asking you for a nonsensical and meaningless story.

My question was, what is the etymology for the term 'Caucasoid'.

Does you refer to yourself as a Caucasoid or a Negroid?
Re: How Come The Title Of Oba Became The General Word For King In All Yoruba Lexicon by RamessesIV(m): 8:47pm On May 03, 2020
Meaningless story lol I just gave you the etymology of the term "Caucasoid" you can check it up if you like and decide whether it suits you or discard it as "eurocentric"

Why should I refer to myself as "Caucasoid"

According to racial classifications am I "Caucasoid"

If you find the term so offensive then use you preferred synonym "congoid" as i constantly said I refer to racial classification.and

Ha
Amujale:

I wasnt asking you based on anything, neither was i asking you for a nonsensical and meaningless story.

My question was, what is the etymology for the term 'Caucasoid'.

Does you refer to yourself as a Caucasoid or a Negroid?
Re: How Come The Title Of Oba Became The General Word For King In All Yoruba Lexicon by Amujale(m): 1:19am On May 04, 2020
RamessesIV:
Meaningless story lol I just gave you the etymology of the term "Caucasoid"

No you did not.

Etymology: the origin of a word and the historical development of its meaning.

The story you gave is not the etymology of the term 'Caucasoid', rather its an invalid ramble that has no logical link to anything other than nothing.

As i stated earlier.

The true etymology is rooted in the 'Caucasus Mountains'

Caucasus - Caucasoid - Caucasian

That is where the term has its origin, and as such, is the accurate historical development of the term and its meaning.

It doesnt take a rocket scientist to figure that out.
Re: How Come The Title Of Oba Became The General Word For King In All Yoruba Lexicon by Amujale(m): 1:28am On May 04, 2020
RamessesIV:

Why should I refer to myself as "Caucasoid"

According to racial classifications am I "Caucasoid"

You tell me.

Let me try again.

It isnt a trick question.

Let me attempt to assist you, i do not refer to myself as a Negroid, i refer to myself as an Africansic.

A old adage says:

"A kii go titi ki a maa feran ara eni"

Interpretion:
"One would never be so foolish to not want to wish well on ones own self"

Just because one reads in a book that some Eurocentric numskull pseudo-scientist came up with a nonsensical classification using a term that has always been derogatory shouldnt mean that we are to accept that as our truth.

No i reject that completely and utterly.

I want to put this discussion to bed.
Re: How Come The Title Of Oba Became The General Word For King In All Yoruba Lexicon by RamessesIV(m): 2:54pm On May 04, 2020
You know africa is not an indigenous word by africans right,do you even know when africa even became widely used

And how many times have told you yes

And I have told you if you find it offensive,you use congoid

Africa is diverse,is like chinese people saying don't use mongoloid use asian see where it becomes a problem
Amujale:

You tell me.

Let me try again.

It isnt a trick question.

Let me attempt to assist you, i do not refer to myself as a Negroid, i refer to myself as an Africansic.

A old adage says:

"A kii go titi ki a maa feran ara eni"

Interpretion:
"One would never be so foolish to not want to wish well on ones own self"

Just because one reads in a book that some Eurocentric numskull pseudo-scientist came up with a nonsensical classification using a term that has always been derogatory shouldnt mean that we are to accept that as our truth.

No i reject that completely and utterly.

I want to put this discussion to bed.
Re: How Come The Title Of Oba Became The General Word For King In All Yoruba Lexicon by RamessesIV(m): 2:58pm On May 04, 2020
Did you even read what I wrote

It seems you are just a sentimental racist who have no time for proven evidence but afrocentric claims

Okay give me evidence to any archealogical research showing that all white people came from Caucasus

Lol you say you hate eurocentrism so much but you are here defending eurocentrism 101

Just shows you are not as well read as you claim

Reading some books from Cheik anta diop another afrocentric doesn't make it correct

And yes I would love to dead this discussion as i engage conversations that works on credible evidence,not racial politics and racial history
Amujale:

No you did not.

The story you gave is not the etymology of the term 'Caucasoid', rather its an invalid ramble that has no logical link to anything other than nothing.

As i stated earlier.

The true etymology is rooted in the 'Caucasus Mountains'

Caucasus - Caucasoid - Caucasian

That is where the term has its origin, and as such, is the accurate historical development of the term and its meaning.

It doesnt take a rocket scientist to figure that out.

Re: How Come The Title Of Oba Became The General Word For King In All Yoruba Lexicon by Amujale(m): 5:16pm On May 05, 2020
RamessesIV:

And how many times have told you yes

Yes, what.

I want you to write it clearly for us to see.

You suffer from inferiority complex that is beyond anything i have ever experienced before

You have spent the whole time talking down on yourself and uplifting other people.

See no hiding no, cloud chasin, no nothing.

Clear and simple.

I want to show the thread how you are suferring from an acute state of Stockholm syndrome.

I do not subscribe to the term 'negroid', i refer to myself as an African. Very clear and crisp.

I will ask you slowly this time.

I ask you again since according to you some humans are meant to be classified as negroid.

Does you consider yourself a 'caucasoid' or a 'negroid"? simple question.
Re: How Come The Title Of Oba Became The General Word For King In All Yoruba Lexicon by Amujale(m): 5:17pm On May 05, 2020
RamessesIV:
Did you even read what I wrote...

Yes, i read what you wrote and everyone could see that it was wrong.

Based soley on nonsensical rhetoric.

Amujale:

You cannot answer a simple question.

You do not know the difference between rhetoric and etymology.
Re: How Come The Title Of Oba Became The General Word For King In All Yoruba Lexicon by RamessesIV(m): 5:27pm On May 05, 2020
Blah blah blah see I don't have time to repeat myself bro Racial classification is not so hard

And please you are clearly fhe one suffering from inferiority complex

Talking down on myself cause I choose not to follow racist terms and politics lol

African is not a racial classification I don't know how many times I will tell you this,same way asia isn't a racial classification I don't know what you are on about

Yes I do based on racial classifications we are negroids not caucasoid have said this for almost 5 times,and I also told you if you are so offended by terms then uses the appropriate synonym "congoid"

Again is that too hard for you to process or are you going to go on a sentimental rant again about white people this and "eurocentric that" cause it seems you are the one suffering from inferiority complex if you can't get basic terms right

Amujale:

Yes, what.

I want you to write it clearly for us to see.

I ask you again,

You suffer from inferiority complex that is beyond anything i have ever experienced before

You have spent the whole time talking down on yourself and uplifting other people.

See no hiding no, cloud chasin, no nothing.

Clear and simple.

I want to show the thread how you are suferring from an acute state of Stockholm syndrome.

I do not subscribe to the term 'negroid', i refer to myself as an African. Very clear and crisp.

I will ask you slowly this time.

Does you consider yourself a 'caucasoid' or a 'negroid"? simple question.
Re: How Come The Title Of Oba Became The General Word For King In All Yoruba Lexicon by RamessesIV(m): 5:33pm On May 05, 2020
A rhetoric grin

Lol I gave the etymology in fact i don't need to argue with someone who believes all white people come from Caucasus mountains they are lots of incorrect claims you have parroting since so I could bother less it seems your arguments are based more on sentiments

Lol you people on this app,lol first you parrot afrocentric bs from books without credible backings and follow "white people came from Caucasus" and say I follow rhetoric

grin grin grin
Amujale:

Yes, i read what you wrote and everyone could see that it was wrong.

Based soley on nonsensical rhetoric.

You cannot answer a simple question.

You do not know the difference between rhetoric and etymology.

Re: How Come The Title Of Oba Became The General Word For King In All Yoruba Lexicon by Amujale(m): 5:36pm On May 05, 2020
RamessesIV:

It seems you are just a sentimental racist who have no time for proven evidence but afrocentric claims...

That is what someone brainwashed into Eurocentrism would say when their argument has bern defeated.

They will begin to make nonsensical remarks.

Everything i am writing has either been sourced or is within itself its own evidence.

I am a Afrocentred historian and a researcher, some of my material is my own personal scholarship amd others i source from other academics, historians and scholars.

You are a low-esteemed clout chaser that deals in rhetoric.

Show me one thing i have written regarding the fact that the term 'negroid' has always been derogatory that isnt irrefutable.
Re: How Come The Title Of Oba Became The General Word For King In All Yoruba Lexicon by Amujale(m): 5:38pm On May 05, 2020
RamessesIV:

Lol I gave the etymology

You do not know the meaning of etymology.
Re: How Come The Title Of Oba Became The General Word For King In All Yoruba Lexicon by Amujale(m): 5:40pm On May 05, 2020
RamessesIV:

Lol you people on this app,lol first you parrot afrocentric bs from books without credible backings...

Again rhetoric.

Site one example of the sources that fit into that category and let me break you up with facts.
Re: How Come The Title Of Oba Became The General Word For King In All Yoruba Lexicon by Amujale(m): 5:43pm On May 05, 2020
RamessesIV:
Blah blah blah see I don't have time to repeat myself bro Racial classification is not so hard...

See guys, this is how to spot the agents.

One simple question he fails completely.

He has been running his mouth and cannot answer one simple question.
Re: How Come The Title Of Oba Became The General Word For King In All Yoruba Lexicon by RamessesIV(m): 5:43pm On May 05, 2020
Lol says the eurocentric who has "issues" with "sub" when we have regions with middle and minor ohh have you forgotten how i dusted you and you couldn't defend yourself

Rhetoric yes and you peddle everything you don't agree with "eurocentrism"

Lol what evidence I have disproven most of all your claims which you later avoid by going sentimental

And you are pained afrocentrist who get his information from books and blogs always look for something to claim

Lol I have disproven your negro argument you can go back and read,you are the one after you can't defend your claims go sentimental or the usual rant of "eurocentrism"

As I have told you history isn't political you don't go about making baseless claims if it was yours you won't have to spend all your time claiming

Amujale:

That is what someone brainwashed into Eurocentrism would say when their argument has bern defeated.

They will begin to make nonsensical remarks.

Everything i am writing has either been sourced or is within itself its own evidence.

I am a Afrocentred historian and a researcher, some of my material is my own personal scholarship amd others i source from other academics, historians and scholars.

You are a low-esteemed clout chaser that deals in rhetoric.

Show me one thing i have written regarding the fact that the term 'negroid' has always been derogatory that isnt irrefutable.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

Osun State Best Food / Ooni Of Ife To Indigenes: Return Home To Develop Your Town / Welcome To 2023: What Will Be Your First Task Of The Year?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 92
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.