Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,845 members, 7,817,503 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 01:22 PM

Church Gate Fee: Pastors Condemn Oyakhilome - Religion (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Church Gate Fee: Pastors Condemn Oyakhilome (21530 Views)

Pastor Anita Oyakhilome Debuts New Look (Photo) / Crossover Service: Nigerians Blast Chris Oyakhilome Over Gate Fees / Picture Of Pastor Chris Oyakhilome In 1997 (At A Camp Meeting) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Church Gate Fee: Pastors Condemn Oyakhilome by Joagbaje(m): 8:36am On Jan 11, 2011
@cold ,

« #29 on: Yesterday at 02:59:54 PM »

waiting for JoAgbaje to come explain this one away as usual

I am not defending anything , I only stated the intention of the church. The press has been malicious .  Why is the emphasis on money and not seat reservation which is the purpose. If anybody come and ask me that a church was charging people money at the gate to enter church and whoever can't pay the money would be turned back! I will say that the  church is in error. So I'm not surprise at the responses of these ministers, the press tells them half truth. 

But the story is not like that. Have there not been Christian conferences and seminars that people go to and register with money? Why is the press now painting wry g picture as though someone stands at the gate collecting money from people. Many critics don't have the real picture and I don't blame them , I would have felt that way. How can a poor man be turned away at the gate if the house of God because he didn't have 1,000 to PAY.  But that was not the case. People were dully informed that admission into that particular auditorium is strictly by seat reservation. Let's leave out the money part for a moment. Suposing  the ticket is free, won't people be turned back ?  But the church didn't turn them back, they were only directed to other halls where they could have seat without ticket. Those who obtain the ticket did it with gladness, it wasn't an imposition as press reported. No body was collecting money at the gate, you only show your seat reservation ticket and you are admitted. If you don't have a ticket ,it means if you go in, you will end up taking another person seat.so if the reservation had been free, many will still not gain access .it is not a must to be in that particular hall. Those who pay for it only see it as a seed which they are glad to sow .     

The truth is distorted from reservation of seat to "CHARGING MONEY AT THE GATE" any person will be offended at that. 
Maybe what the organisers did which seem best to them may not be the best, but we leave that to God. The intention was not to exploit people. Members of CEC are givers. If we had been told to sow finacial seed for the programme, we will gladly sow. It is outsiders that are complaining for us.
Re: Church Gate Fee: Pastors Condemn Oyakhilome by Xfactoria: 9:11am On Jan 11, 2011
OmoOlorun:

@X-Factoria. God is capable of defending himself. Moses did was seemed wrong in the eyes of the public. He was condemned by his siblings. God descended on them with punishment. Miriam became leprous, Aaron was spared because he was the high priest. Let the one who called Pastor Chris deal with him. You talk so much as if you are a saint. If you are not 100% sinless, you are treading on dangerous grounds. God is watching all of us in this matter to see how we apply scriptures. If it was in this age and time that people brought all their earnings to church like in the days of the Apostles, people like yourself would go wild in the press. Ananias and Sapphira in Acts 5:1-11 held back part of their takings on a land sale and it was considered lying to the Holy Ghost. They were struck dead on the spot. What would you call that in this your jet age? You cannot be smarter than God. Let Him defend Himself, let Him call Pastor Chris to question. I would stay out of the firing line if I were you.

Please, people should stop this hypocrisy of "thy shall not judge". Jesus expects us to make judgement of the happenings in the last days, so he fore-warned us in Matthew 24. In particular, in verse 24 - 25, he admonished us not to be deceived by the works of some prophets he reffered to as false. So, this is not a matter of cast the first stone, it is about deciphering between "men of God" who are still in the faith and those who have derailed like Pastor Chris (it doesn't matter if he was called or annointed or he is outrightly false). Jesus did warn that many will be deceived by them.

People like us will like to remind Pastor Chris's followers to re-examine their followership of his church in the light of what Jesus told us in Matthew 24. Whatever conclusion they reach remains their business but being our brother's keeper necessitates this warning.

Pastor Chris has drawn many controversies to himself including a recent money laundering case with EFCC. By their fruits, you shall know them.
Re: Church Gate Fee: Pastors Condemn Oyakhilome by SirJohn(m): 9:36am On Jan 11, 2011
Joagbaje:

@cold ,

I am not defending anything , I only stated the intention of the church. The press has been malicious .  Why is the emphasis on money and not seat reservation which is the purpose. If anybody come and ask me that a church was charging people money at the gate to enter church and whoever can't pay the money would be turned back! I will say that the  church is in error. So I'm not surprise at the responses of these ministers, the press tells them half truth. 

But the story is not like that. Have there not been Christian conferences and seminars that people go to and register with money? Why is the press now painting wry g picture as though someone stands at the gate collecting money from people. Many critics don't have the real picture and I don't blame them , I would have felt that way. How can a poor man be turned away at the gate if the house of God because he didn't have 1,000 to PAY.  But that was not the case. People were dully informed that admission into that particular auditorium is strictly by seat reservation. Let's leave out the money part for a moment. Suposing  the ticket is free, won't people be turned back ?  But the church didn't turn them back, they were only directed to other halls where they could have seat without ticket. Those who obtain the ticket did it with gladness, it wasn't an imposition as press reported. No body was collecting money at the gate, you only show your seat reservation ticket and you are admitted. If you don't have a ticket ,it means if you go in, you will end up taking another person seat.so if the reservation had been free, many will still not gain access .it is not a must to be in that particular hall. Those who pay for it only see it as a seed which they are glad to sow .     

The truth is distorted from reservation of seat to "CHARGING MONEY AT THE GATE" any person will be offended at that. 
Maybe what the organisers did which seem best to them may not be the best, but we leave that to God. The intention was not to exploit people. Members of CEC are givers. If we had been told to sow finacial seed for the programme, we will gladly sow. It is outsiders that are complaining for us.

We may never be able to explain the true motive behind the N1000 ticket, but the resulting ripple/domino effect is what you get for putting new wine in old wineskin; it definitely will burst. in other words 'good intentions' + bad application=public slander
Re: Church Gate Fee: Pastors Condemn Oyakhilome by Zenakoboko(m): 9:40am On Jan 11, 2011
angry angry angry angry

This is SIMONY (buying or selling of ecclesiastical pardons, prayers, sacraments and other spiritual things).

Ko make sense!
Re: Church Gate Fee: Pastors Condemn Oyakhilome by Tapiya(m): 9:55am On Jan 11, 2011
Guys for me, no explanation is going to make sense, everyone knows that some people that exception to this very day to go to church, what has happened to God directed me to come to this place and from there I got born again? So Christ Embassy has had all the effect that God has her to the world to have as a ministry then ? Now Christ Embassy aka believers world or Maybe its Pastor Chris is not longer interested in making diciples of all nation, he has become too big for that commision, the other ministries he supports should go ahead and make deciples all he is interested in is keeping the ones he has made, because those ones have grown into maturity he can afford to levy them, they are no longer babies in the lord so they can eat the and break the bones of the gospel but the baby christian can go find their own salvation elsewhere, except this is the case then there is no Justification whatsoever for any gate takings in the church, and if that is the case then am sorry for Christ Embassy, you are beggining to lose it, seek God quickly, I rest ma case.
Re: Church Gate Fee: Pastors Condemn Oyakhilome by nuella2(f): 10:24am On Jan 11, 2011
If pastor chris want to make money from people it will not be gate fee na. Healing school is the best place, cancer case #5m, HIV #3M, malaria #1000, salvation #1m. Kai for over 25 years that would have being mega bucks na grin grin grin. The intention was not to make money, if pst chris need #25m sef, its just a phone call and its done. He has members that are millonaires.
Re: Church Gate Fee: Pastors Condemn Oyakhilome by Tapiya(m): 10:38am On Jan 11, 2011
Well none of you christ Embassy members have answered my question, we agreed it was not for the money, but I disagree that its for crowd control, cos crowd could be controlled by giving free invitations, we have seen weddings where only people with IV's are allowed to enter, so then why the money ? they have billionaires like that INEC guy .
Re: Church Gate Fee: Pastors Condemn Oyakhilome by uglybetty: 10:55am On Jan 11, 2011
I have always known that there is something about him. I guess he hipnotises them. because even with this people will still go there, even with his bleaching poeple are there, with the retouched hair the same thing. Na wa ooooooh. Have you noticed that the wife is steady in London, how is he coping alone, as body no be firewood with all this babes around him. People, Shine you eyes and refuse to be hipnotised by any prophet of doom.
Re: Church Gate Fee: Pastors Condemn Oyakhilome by mabell: 11:07am On Jan 11, 2011
uglybetty:

I have always known  that there is something about him. I guess he hipnotises them. because even with this people will still go there, even with his bleaching poeple are there, with the retouched hair the same thing. Na wa ooooooh. Have you noticed that the wife is steady in London, how is he coping alone, as body no be firewood with all this babes around him. People, Shine you eyes and refuse to be hipnotised by any prophet of doom.

According to your name , you are really an ugly Betty ! Why is your mind so filthy and all you can think about is sex. Ugly name for an ugly mind. Better get saved . Hypnotise ko, hippopotamus ni. And who says he bleaches , in his family hey are all light skinned .
Re: Church Gate Fee: Pastors Condemn Oyakhilome by nuella2(f): 11:18am On Jan 11, 2011
uglybetty:

I have always known that there is something about him. I guess he hipnotises them. because even with this people will still go there, even with his bleaching poeple are there, with the retouched hair the same thing. Na wa ooooooh. Have you noticed that the wife is steady in London, how is he coping alone, as body no be firewood with all this babes around him. People, Shine you eyes and refuse to be hipnotised by any prophet of doom.

Nonsense, rubbish, pls the next word. still thinking. Bad belle, i really need to open ur heart and belly for washing with water and put some mustard seed.
Re: Church Gate Fee: Pastors Condemn Oyakhilome by bigmarko(m): 11:26am On Jan 11, 2011
do not judge so that ye shall not be judged. what so eva a man soweth so shall he rip. dont forget judment is coming! All man for himself.
Re: Church Gate Fee: Pastors Condemn Oyakhilome by librangyps(f): 11:35am On Jan 11, 2011
my new year resolution is to get myself a new church, christ embassy don fall my hand, if its to control crowd the seat reservation should have been free, this just confirms my suspicions and summises the fact that CE is a business venture, im out
Re: Church Gate Fee: Pastors Condemn Oyakhilome by Azibalua(f): 11:54am On Jan 11, 2011
uglybetty:

people love to listen to him because his words are so precious, from him inspired by the holy spirit you hear phrases like"i am the effulgence of gods glory""i have been awakened to the fatherhood of god""i cannot be deceived "" the wisdom of god is working in me""all information in this world is accesible to me""when i speak i dissolve doubts"
compared with all you said i think you sound more like a mother of doom[b][/b]
Re: Church Gate Fee: Pastors Condemn Oyakhilome by mabell: 11:59am On Jan 11, 2011
librangyps:

my new year resolution is to get myself a new church, christ embassy don fall my hand, if its to control crowd the seat reservation should have been free, this just confirms my suspicions and summises the fact that CE is a business venture, im out

Were you ever in? Stop deceiving yourself. grin
Re: Church Gate Fee: Pastors Condemn Oyakhilome by nuella2(f): 12:05pm On Jan 11, 2011
Azibalua:

people love to listen to him because his words are so precious, from him inspired by the holy spirit you hear phrases like"i am the effulgence of gods glory[/color[color=#990000]]""i have been awakened to the fatherhood of god""i cannot be deceived "" the wisdom of god is working in me""all information in this world is accesible to me""when i speak i dissolve doubts" compared with all you said i think you sound more like a mother of doom[b][/b]

sister you make me want to shout halleluyah. I need to sow a seed right now grin grin grin.
Re: Church Gate Fee: Pastors Condemn Oyakhilome by chimc: 12:08pm On Jan 11, 2011
See their big mouths (i.e. the other pastors crucifying Pastor Chris). As if they are any better. They'll all the same as long as they directly or indirectly coerce worshippers to part with their money in order to sustain the pastors' sinfully luxurious lifestyles. Whether such 'coerced' money comes in the form of tithes, offerings, 'seed' or gate-fees - its all the same idea. Thieving, greedy, worldly, materialistic pastors.

judge not,,,,4 u not to be judged. have u asked urself am i perfect?, do i please God in all my doings? wats ur response
becareful wat u say cos the scripture says "touch not my annoited and do my prophet no harm"
!!! u had better allow God to judge and take vengeance, big mouths grin tongue kiss cry
Re: Church Gate Fee: Pastors Condemn Oyakhilome by Intrepid1(m): 12:13pm On Jan 11, 2011
Bros need bail money for when EFCC go arrest am for money laundering!
Re: Church Gate Fee: Pastors Condemn Oyakhilome by cold(m): 12:28pm On Jan 11, 2011
@Uglybetty,you need not take these criticsms from these 'hypnotised' folks seriously.To so many gullible folks,there's nothin you'd say or do about pastor Chris that would change their minds.They'd rather die than leave that glorified shrine.To them pastor Chris is a god,in fact he is the God & they'd listen to no other.You'd only be dissipating your energy trying to convince them to retrace thier steps.The truth is Pastor Chris is an[b] Agent of Darkness[/b].My people,be warned,the signs are all there,open your eyes and see them rather than shouting people down.Be warned,be warned,be warned!He/she who have ears let him hear.

It is unlikely that a false prophet will openly admit to being false. Instead he will pose as a true minister of the Almighty. He will come as a 'wolf in sheep's clothing:' and will do many miracles in order to deceive the human race - even 'the very elect - if possible'
Matthew 7:15 Beware of false prophets, which come to you in sheep's clothing, but inwardly they are ravening wolves.
Matthew 24:24 For there shall arise false Christs, and false prophets, and shall shew great signs and wonders; insomuch that, if it were possible, they shall deceive the very elect.
2 Peter 2:1 But there were false prophets also among the people, even as there shall be false teachers among you, who privily shall bring in damnable heresies, even denying the Lord that bought them, and bring upon themselves swift destruction.
1 John 4:1 Beloved, believe not every spirit, but try the spirits whether they are of God: because many false prophets are gone out into the world.
Re: Church Gate Fee: Pastors Condemn Oyakhilome by mabell: 12:31pm On Jan 11, 2011
Intrepid!:

So this una EFCC, are they afraid? When will they make the move?
Re: Church Gate Fee: Pastors Condemn Oyakhilome by nuella2(f): 12:34pm On Jan 11, 2011
cold:

@Uglybetty,you need not take these criticsms from these 'hypnotised' folks seriously.To so many gullible folks,there's nothin you'd say or do about pastor Chris that would change their minds.They'd rather die than leave that glorified shrine.To them pastor Chris is a god,in fact he is the God & they'd listen to no other.You'd only be dissipating your energy trying to convince them to retrace thier steps.The truth is Pastor Chris is an[b] Agent of Darkness[/b].My people,be warned,the signs are all there,open your eyes and see them rather than shouting people down.Be warned,be warned,be warned!He/she who have ears let him hear.

It is unlikely that a false prophet will openly admit to being false. Instead he will pose as a true minister of the Almighty. He will come as a 'wolf in sheep's clothing:' and will do many miracles in order to deceive the human race - even 'the very elect - if possible'
Matthew 7:15 Beware of false prophets, which come to you in sheep's clothing, but inwardly they are ravening wolves.
Matthew 24:24 For there shall arise false Christs, and false prophets, and shall shew great signs and wonders; insomuch that, if it were possible, they shall deceive the very elect.
2 Peter 2:1 But there were false prophets also among the people, even as there shall be false teachers among you, who privily shall bring in damnable heresies, even denying the Lord that bought them, and bring upon themselves swift destruction.
1 John 4:1 Beloved, believe not every spirit, but try the spirits whether they are of God: because many false prophets are gone out into the world.

@COLD,  cold dey really catch you.

Intrepid!:

Am laughing in french.
Re: Church Gate Fee: Pastors Condemn Oyakhilome by Intrepid1(m): 12:36pm On Jan 11, 2011
So this una EFCC, are they afraid? When will they make the move?

Wait for it,
Re: Church Gate Fee: Pastors Condemn Oyakhilome by nuella2(f): 12:39pm On Jan 11, 2011
Intrepid!:

Wait for it,

Dont they have the address? abeg make i send am to them na. Why dem dey waste time grin grin grin
Re: Church Gate Fee: Pastors Condemn Oyakhilome by bolafex(f): 12:46pm On Jan 11, 2011
A lot of things are happening in Christiandom that one begins to wonder;but who are we to judge?May God deliver us.
Re: Church Gate Fee: Pastors Condemn Oyakhilome by DanielGb(m): 12:59pm On Jan 11, 2011
[b]Jesus said this that during the End Time, we shall have those that will proclaim his name and do miracles in his name but her fake prophet, his in pastor Chris Church that everything in this world his tolerated, DRAWING TATTOOS, PUTTING CREAM ON HAIR(MEN), you need to see there so call youth leaders and the Pastor him self

Am not surprised he took Money from them

Many pastor want to be in Jeep by force and this is not what Jesus preached, if it was that Jesus will charge you before a Miracle his been done, will we all believe in Him, Jesus only came to teach us all the Doctrine and Commandment of God (which Moses failed to do), LET US WORSHIP THE LORD IN SPIRIT AND IN TRUTH & READ OUR BIBLE DAILY, that is what the Pastors are using to deceive us, they read more than we do and called there self a Man of God, a true Man of God will not make mouth and will not say too much but a word means thousands of explanation.

Many Church Worship Jesus Christ which i never know the reason why but for me i Bow down and Worship God and Prayed in My Heart every "Three Hours" and times that i am less busy and read my Bible for Guidance & Counseling.[/b]
Re: Church Gate Fee: Pastors Condemn Oyakhilome by OCHULORC(m): 1:09pm On Jan 11, 2011
''There is fire on d mountain'', every thing in the bible happens in naija,
Re: Church Gate Fee: Pastors Condemn Oyakhilome by Azibalua(f): 1:22pm On Jan 11, 2011
Daniel_Gb:

[b]Jesus said this that during the End Time, we shall have those that will proclaim his name and do miracles in his name but her fake prophet, his in pastor Chris Church that everything in this world his tolerated, DRAWING TATTOOS, PUTTING CREAM ON HAIR(MEN), you need to see there so call youth leaders and the Pastor him self

Am not surprised he took Money from them

Many pastor want to be in Jeep by force and this is not what Jesus preached, if it was that Jesus will charge you before a Miracle his been done, will we all believe in Him, Jesus only came to teach us all the Doctrine and Commandment of God (which Moses failed to do), LET US WORSHIP THE LORD IN SPIRIT AND IN TRUTH & READ OUR BIBLE DAILY, that is what the Pastors are using to deceive us, they read more than we do and called there self a Man of God, a true Man of God will not make mouth and will not say too much but a word means thousands of explanation.

Many Church Worship Jesus Christ which i never know the reason why but for me i Bow down and Worship God and Prayed in My Heart every "Three Hours" and times that i am less busy and read my Bible for Guidance & Counseling.[/b]
jesus did not come to complete the work of moses rather he came to give life and life abundantly. which bible do you read
Re: Church Gate Fee: Pastors Condemn Oyakhilome by YungDoc(m): 1:30pm On Jan 11, 2011
lol you gats believe. 1k per Ticket to enter Cross Over Night service. I've not heard anything like that before :-)
Re: Church Gate Fee: Pastors Condemn Oyakhilome by Xfactoria: 1:31pm On Jan 11, 2011
nuella2:

If pastor chris want to make money from people it will not be gate fee na. Healing school is the best place, cancer case #5m, HIV #3M, malaria #1000, salvation #1m. Kai for over 25 years that would have being mega bucks na grin grin grin. The intention was not to make money, if pst chris need #25m sef, its just a phone call and its done. He has members that are millonaires.

Yes, just a phone call and members will go all the way to defraud their employers and bring the money to Christ Embassy like it happened before. Yes, just a phone call.
Re: Church Gate Fee: Pastors Condemn Oyakhilome by nuella2(f): 1:38pm On Jan 11, 2011
X-factoria:

Yes, just a phone call and members will go all the way to defraud their employers and bring the money to Christ Embassy like it happened before. Yes, just a phone call.

There a plenty genuine millinaires in christ embassy. A person that steals to give is a NEPIOS. Pastor Chris do not teach such.
Re: Church Gate Fee: Pastors Condemn Oyakhilome by alldone(m): 1:49pm On Jan 11, 2011
well, the gate fee is not the best thing to do. i know they may have their reason but is it tenable befor God?

however, let us exercise caution in both jugding and defending.
Re: Church Gate Fee: Pastors Condemn Oyakhilome by Nobody: 2:11pm On Jan 11, 2011
I KNEW FROM TIME THAT OYAKHILOME IS A SWEET TONGUED 419 WITH A GIFT OF SPEECH AND ORATORY
Re: Church Gate Fee: Pastors Condemn Oyakhilome by Concept(m): 2:12pm On Jan 11, 2011
My message goes to the government and I am going to make it bold IMPOSE TAX ON CHURCHES They do have Account Department. Pastors are now investing in Multi Billion Naira businesses in which some of their followers cannot afford two meals in three days. However our country case is peculiar Con Man carry am proper robber snatch am na im we dey experience. Government people sef be ogbologbo nothing for the ever susceptible masses. E yah.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

If You Are Left Behind On Rapture Day, Will You Accept 666 Mark Of The Beast? / Man's Genotype Changes From SS To AA At Pastor Ibiyeomie's Crusade-Duncan Mighty / The Most Important Lesson From The Alarming Surge of Pastors' Rape Cases

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 89
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.