Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,796 members, 7,817,297 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 09:48 AM

Church Gate Fee: Pastors Condemn Oyakhilome - Religion (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Church Gate Fee: Pastors Condemn Oyakhilome (21529 Views)

Pastor Anita Oyakhilome Debuts New Look (Photo) / Crossover Service: Nigerians Blast Chris Oyakhilome Over Gate Fees / Picture Of Pastor Chris Oyakhilome In 1997 (At A Camp Meeting) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Church Gate Fee: Pastors Condemn Oyakhilome by dollypenn: 2:29pm On Jan 11, 2011
NIGERIANSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSS!!!

When will you learn?, leave the man of God alone ooooooo,

PAstor Chris is my pastor,he can NEVERRRRRRRRRRRRR charge anybody for coming to church, anytime we have programs,we always make sure we announce that attendance is free, because of people who want to take advantage of things like this

well,I feel sorry for people who slander him and the name of the church, you are playing with fire o

me i don talk my own, I rest my case!
Re: Church Gate Fee: Pastors Condemn Oyakhilome by ChicN: 3:37pm On Jan 11, 2011
God have mercy and to think I like his teachings
Re: Church Gate Fee: Pastors Condemn Oyakhilome by Nobody: 3:43pm On Jan 11, 2011
1k for crowd control . . . I laugh in calabar grin grin
Re: Church Gate Fee: Pastors Condemn Oyakhilome by sylve11: 4:08pm On Jan 11, 2011
this na truth abi na lie? sad cool
Re: Church Gate Fee: Pastors Condemn Oyakhilome by vislabraye(m): 5:49pm On Jan 11, 2011
We would love to hear from pastor Chris. If the pastors criticize his acts, were they wrong? Did he actually charge gate fees? No one is above correction whether annointed or not
Re: Church Gate Fee: Pastors Condemn Oyakhilome by Caniboy: 6:27pm On Jan 11, 2011
Pastors stop the criticisism, he is your fellow pastor. k
Re: Church Gate Fee: Pastors Condemn Oyakhilome by justrodney(m): 6:55pm On Jan 11, 2011
THANK GOD -FOR THIS POST-WERE U THE ONE THAT PUT THE MAN OF GOD THERE -BE CAREFUL HOW YOU TOUCH THE MAN IF GOD AND DONT TAKE A DECISION OR SAY THINGS THAT WILL HOLD YOUR FUTURE RANSOM-IF UR CONVERSANT WITH YOUR BIBLE YOU REMBER MARIAMS STORY TOWARDS MOSES.BE WISE -THE DEVIL IS HERE TO DESTROY THIS POST OR INFORMATION CAN JUST THROW U OFF BALANCE FOR AGES- BE WISE. BE WISE!!!! shocked shocked shocked
Re: Church Gate Fee: Pastors Condemn Oyakhilome by dreaMaker: 9:26pm On Jan 11, 2011
nonsense. person wey dey do the impossible, like - cure aids, cure cancer, immaculate conception and even raise the dead, all by just a breath from his mouth, na him nor fit control ordinary 25,000 people. i remember him telling a story on how the holy spirit caused him to levitate. the holy spirit even killed a south african judge just before he was supposed to sentence his brother who was standing trial for fraud and what not. na ordinary 25k people holy spirit nor fit control. useless special effects miracle worker.
Re: Church Gate Fee: Pastors Condemn Oyakhilome by Ezebinaugwu(m): 9:34pm On Jan 11, 2011
4 these dat say he is not awear of fee collection but i kwn he is now, so he should try and refond everybody his 1k since it was not there intention 2 collect gate fee 4 d service nonsence pastor don use people hammer na today, , they say in all u do do it 2 d glory of d lord steling included.
Re: Church Gate Fee: Pastors Condemn Oyakhilome by oge4real(f): 9:49pm On Jan 11, 2011
It is absurd to say the least, about what religion has become in our country today.
Re: Church Gate Fee: Pastors Condemn Oyakhilome by CGKing(m): 9:06am On Jan 12, 2011
Well the message of the Gospel is foolishness unto those that r . . . . .
Re: Church Gate Fee: Pastors Condemn Oyakhilome by mekaboy(m): 10:46am On Jan 12, 2011
BY THEIR FRUITS YOU SHALL KNOW THEM, OUT OF THE ABUNDANCE OF THE HEART THE MOUTH SPEAKS, THE PASTOR MUST HAVE GIVEN THE INSTRUCTION, AND WHAT HE HAD IN HIS MIND IS MONEY NOT THE SOULS. THIS IS AN EYE OPENER FOR FOLLOWERS.

PEOPLE SHOULD KNOW WHEN THEY ARE BEING USED TO MAKE MONEY, THE ONE DONE WITH THE MEMBERS IS NOT ENOUGH, NOW THE HAVE TO DO IT PUBLICLY. SO EVEN THOSE COMING TO THE CHURCH FOR THE FIRST TIME THAT EVE WILL PAY 1000.

THIS IS NO MORE SOUL WINNING BUT SOUL BIZNESS.

MAY GOD CONTINUE TO EXPOSE THEM, PERSON WHO HIM JOB KNOCK, THE PEOPLE WILL KNOW WHAT HE HAS BEEN DOING.
Re: Church Gate Fee: Pastors Condemn Oyakhilome by Akpanwa: 11:31am On Jan 12, 2011
Coolturbo:

That one don turn to Oniru beach be dat o,cos u have to pay 1000 naira before u go enta Oniru beach

since you were at Oniru beach and you paid 1000 naira, were you also at pastor chris's church and did you also pay d 1000?
Re: Church Gate Fee: Pastors Condemn Oyakhilome by Akpanwa: 11:39am On Jan 12, 2011
Chic N:

God have mercy and to think I like his teachings

God have mercy on you that means you did not really liked is teachings at all, cos if you did you will not be move be this stupid talk.
Re: Church Gate Fee: Pastors Condemn Oyakhilome by Akpanwa: 11:58am On Jan 12, 2011
X-factoria:

Please stop defending/rationalizing an obviously unchristian act! No reason under the sky is good enough to demand gate fee before entering the "house of God". I am so sure God did not ask the church/pastor to do that.

In fact, if I may ask, are pastors lacking in creativity these days as to prefer making obvious extortions to the veiled ones they used to do in the past??

were you there and did you pay the money? And if its wrong then go to EFCC and report. Jobless people,
Re: Church Gate Fee: Pastors Condemn Oyakhilome by eghost247(m): 12:49pm On Jan 12, 2011
vislabraye:

We would love to hear from pastor Chris. If the pastors criticize his acts, were they wrong? Did he actually charge gate fees? No one is above correction whether annointed or not
i agree
Re: Church Gate Fee: Pastors Condemn Oyakhilome by CGKing(m): 2:50pm On Jan 12, 2011
vislabraye:

Firstly, there is a way things ought to be done. As pastors and leaders, i believe that the pastors ought to have addressed the issue properly. If at all Pastor Chris needed to be corrected, they should have written him or called a leaders meeting whether physical or remote conference or something. Not by attempting to run him down via the public media. It shows an annoying spirit of competitiveness in Gods House.

Everything christian should be done in love. U cant say u want to correct someone by trying to destroy his reputation. There was never a time these pastors ever tried to reach out as a brother in the faith. They always used every single event as a weapon againat Pastor Chris and his ministry. That is wrong.

As for the rest of us who think we can go about correcting Men of God, ask urself this simple question? Is it ur place to correct them

Lets borrow attitudes from developed nations like the UK or US, If we did that what we would be hearing is: Pastor X distanced himself from the issue. Not Pastor Chris should be crucified.
Re: Church Gate Fee: Pastors Condemn Oyakhilome by odomoike(m): 4:57pm On Jan 12, 2011
Salvation is free, coming in to the house of God is free, i love my church Family Worship Centre, i bet you cant even hear of such an occurrence. It is a big shame i must say
Re: Church Gate Fee: Pastors Condemn Oyakhilome by Nobody: 7:30pm On Jan 12, 2011
so loved the world that he gave his only begotten son that whosoever beliveth in pastor chris will not perish grin
Re: Church Gate Fee: Pastors Condemn Oyakhilome by Nobody: 7:35pm On Jan 12, 2011
those of you who say we have no moral standing to correct 'a man of GOD' what if he has sex with his choir on the pulpit will you still say we should not correct him.the bottom line is that oyakhilome has erred so therefore he should be duely rebuked
Re: Church Gate Fee: Pastors Condemn Oyakhilome by Azibalua(f): 8:24pm On Jan 12, 2011
lakhadimar:

those of you who say we have no moral standing to correct 'a man of GOD' what if he has sex with his choir on the pulpit will you still say we should not correct him.the bottom line is that oyakhilome has erred so therefore he should be duely rebuked
How did he err? pls explain
Re: Church Gate Fee: Pastors Condemn Oyakhilome by xandy84: 10:04pm On Jan 12, 2011
dollypenn:

PAstor Chris is my pastor,he can NEVERRRRRRRRRRRRR charge anybody for coming to church, anytime we have programs,we always make sure we announce that attendance is free, because of people who want to take advantage of things like this

well,I feel sorry for people who slander him and the name of the church, you are playing with fire o

Where is your sense of reasoning? so if man of God rape a new born baby, he should not be corrected, This man is wrong for what he did and so should be corrected, God is no respecter of man, by you man of God, man of Satan or mad man brother
Re: Church Gate Fee: Pastors Condemn Oyakhilome by CGKing(m): 10:32pm On Jan 12, 2011
lakhadimar:

Rebuked? By You? If u really truly believe in God, ud let him do His job. You havent perfected ur own self but u want to help a Man of God perfect himself. He did not err, but i think u r erring right now.

xandy84:

Where is your sense of reasoning? so if man of God violation a new born baby, he should not be corrected, This man is wrong for what he did and so should be corrected, God is no respecter of man, by you man of God, man of Satan or mad man brother

Not by you sir! Is it ur business to go about correcting men of God? Is that ur calling? Did God appoint u to go about insulting men of God when they slip? God is not a respecter of person? lol, its looking like u r not a respecter of person. Just take a look at ur filthy language.

The man has done nothing to u. Let the guys who is cheated speak pls.
Re: Church Gate Fee: Pastors Condemn Oyakhilome by dekung(m): 12:23am On Jan 13, 2011
@dollypen
How can u say your pastor can never charge money, when  it has even become a norm now to charge money for special programmes,cos i just saw on TV now where the advised some people to register on time in order to win free tickets. You are just as dogmatic as the other 25,000 members who paid the N1,000. I cannot understand what these men are turning christianity into. Where did Jesus  or any of the apostles charge money? I am not judging pastor Chris, but am judging this act. This is pure extortion. I used to attend BLW (Believer's Love World) which is the student arm of Christ Embassy, when I was in school. When it comes to extorting money from student, they are masters of the game. I stopped attending when i was about to leave school and I have never regreted that move.

They claimed its for crowd control, thats 'hogwash'!  They can tell that to the marines. If they really want to control crowd, they can print the tickets and ask cell leaders, unit heads and other leaders in the church to secure tickets for members of their group(free of charge). That way only committed members will be able to attend the 'service' (since it is so special they dont want too many people to come, not even sinners), rather than making it survival of the richest(Rich sinners can come, but if u r poor d gospel is not for u). This is wickedness in its height, religious intolerance against the under privileged. But Pastor chris should know something, God is watching. Someone claimed on this blog that Pastor Chris may not know about all these things, but that person should go and read the bible, when Eli's sons were doing evil in the temple, God punished them and Eli too was not spared. But am sure pastor Chris is fully aware, otherwise he should refund the money once a conned worshiper can produce the con embassy ticket.

Pastor Chris, if you keep on being an extortionist to gospel hungry Nigerians, mark my words, your reign of subtle terror will soon end!
Re: Church Gate Fee: Pastors Condemn Oyakhilome by CGKing(m): 10:01am On Jan 13, 2011
^^^^
sooo funny. U r not judging Pastor Chris, its is act u r judging. Nevertheless u say : Pastor Chris, if you keep on being an extortionist to gospel hungry Nigerians, mark my words, your reign of subtle terror will soon end!

That u left the church is not new to this world, any others have left other folds for this church. That doesnt mean jack. That u didnt regret it is no big deal. Many others who remained in the church including those who left other folds for this church have no regret. I didnt pay a dime for the programme but i chose not to, As i walked into the venue, i was in the mist of a huge crowd n didnt see any tickets. The only difficulty we experienced getting in was the crowd. I saw alot of ppl who looked like mechanics and pepper sellers in the venue, theres no way those would have parted with money to get in. So y dont u just cool off before u make the biggest mistake of ur life.
Re: Church Gate Fee: Pastors Condemn Oyakhilome by joshelen(m): 12:11pm On Jan 13, 2011
I think the love of money was responsible, why is it that it was 1,000 gate fee that ready came to mind in trying to solve the problem of crowd, why not first come, first serve or even using a field if there is interest for the people. news like this make one sad because of the name its gives christianity.
Re: Church Gate Fee: Pastors Condemn Oyakhilome by joshelen(m): 12:22pm On Jan 13, 2011
I think the love of money was responsible, why is it that it was 1,000 gate fee that ready came to mind in trying to solve the problem of crowd, why not first come, first serve or even using a field if there is interest for the people. news like this make one sad because of the name its gives christianity.
Re: Church Gate Fee: Pastors Condemn Oyakhilome by niddamugu(m): 12:39pm On Jan 13, 2011
this is really taxable o. inland revenue take note.
Re: Church Gate Fee: Pastors Condemn Oyakhilome by taofeekluv: 12:46pm On Jan 13, 2011
too bad.
Re: Church Gate Fee: Pastors Condemn Oyakhilome by eghost247(m): 2:06pm On Jan 13, 2011
dollypenn:

so u saying this is a rumour or what
Re: Church Gate Fee: Pastors Condemn Oyakhilome by deb(m): 5:50pm On Jan 13, 2011
thanks be to allah for making me to be muslim inwhich their is no payment for entring the moque, or payment for worshiping

First, you don't get such crowd in a mosque
Second, you are an hypocite because your Alfas don't do anything free
Re: Church Gate Fee: Pastors Condemn Oyakhilome by vislabraye(m): 7:13pm On Jan 13, 2011
CGKing:

Firstly, there is a way things ought to be done. As pastors and leaders, i believe that the pastors ought to have addressed the issue properly. If at all Pastor Chris needed to be corrected, they should have written him or called a leaders meeting whether physical or remote conference or something. Not by attempting to run him down via the public media. It shows an annoying spirit of competitiveness in Gods House.

Everything christian should be done in love. U cant say u want to correct someone by trying to destroy his reputation. There was never a time these pastors ever tried to reach out as a brother in the faith. They always used every single event as a weapon againat Pastor Chris and his ministry. That is wrong.

As for the rest of us who think we can go about correcting Men of God, ask urself this simple question? Is it your place to correct them

Lets borrow attitudes from developed nations like the UK or US, If we did that what we would be hearing is: Pastor X distanced himself from the issue. Not Pastor Chris should be crucified.

I don't know whether they did the above. But I think pastor Chris has the responsibility of clearing things out. If he did collect gate fees, that is wrong. But if he did not I think he should come out and say so. He has a PRO, let him do so. When rumors like this keep spreading, he should speak against it. Ofcopurse there are some he should be silent over, not this.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

If You Are Left Behind On Rapture Day, Will You Accept 666 Mark Of The Beast? / Man's Genotype Changes From SS To AA At Pastor Ibiyeomie's Crusade-Duncan Mighty / The Most Important Lesson From The Alarming Surge of Pastors' Rape Cases

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 53
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.