Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,266 members, 7,811,758 topics. Date: Sunday, 28 April 2024 at 06:58 PM

NCDC: We’re Considering Managing COVID-19 Patients In Their Homes - Health - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / NCDC: We’re Considering Managing COVID-19 Patients In Their Homes (1248 Views)

The biggest threats to Nigeria managing COVID-19: panic, politics and indecision (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

NCDC: We’re Considering Managing COVID-19 Patients In Their Homes by Racoon(m): 10:55pm On Apr 30, 2020
The Nigeria Centre for Disease Control says it is considering the management of COVID-19 patients in their homes.Chikwe Ihekweazu, director-general of the NCDC, spoke about this at the presidential task force on COVID-19 briefing on Thursday.

According to him, there are challenges with getting enough bed spaces at isolation centres, and as such, patients may have to self-isolate in their homes under strict guidelines.

“Ultimately, we might have to change our strategy a little bit, start considering home care in certain circumstances, where first we are able to provide a room where a patient can be managed sufficiently, and secondly we’re able to support the care by enabling healthcare workers come to that,” he said.

“But we will always be honest with Nigerians. We are struggling at the moment. We might have to adapt our strategy because of the realities we face over the next few days and weeks and as we do that, we’ll make that clear to Nigerians.

“Our policy hasn’t changed, but the pressure is there and that might have to change in the next few days.”

He also announced that there were plans to expand testing in Lagos, Kano and the federal capital territory, which currently have the highest number of active COVID-19 cases in the country.

“We are in the process of scaling up testing across the country and the key component that has changed in this is that in Lagos, Abuja and Kano, instead of waiting for people to call us, we are now going to where the patients are,” he added.

According to the NCDC situation report of April 29, 2020, of Nigeria’s total of 1,728 confirmed cases, 1,370 are active.

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.thecable.ng/ncdc-were-considering-managing-covid-19-patients-in-their-homes/amp

Re: NCDC: We’re Considering Managing COVID-19 Patients In Their Homes by DanseMacabre(m): 10:56pm On Apr 30, 2020
Lol.

Iz like NCDC is just trying to chase clout.

You never manage people for hospital finish na for their house you wan go manage dem.

Fvcking clowns.

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: NCDC: We’re Considering Managing COVID-19 Patients In Their Homes by SeverusSnape(m): 10:56pm On Apr 30, 2020
Not feasible. So don't even consider it.

It doesn't even make sense. Managing them at home puts other members of the family at risk.

in addition, Do They have the manpower to do that?, Or the patients will treat themselves or what?

COVID-19 is not Malaria or Typhoid.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: NCDC: We’re Considering Managing COVID-19 Patients In Their Homes by ursullalinda(f): 11:02pm On Apr 30, 2020
What exactly is he saying......what if the person lives in face me and I slap you ........with eight family members.......smh......see why the world doesn't take us serious.

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: NCDC: We’re Considering Managing COVID-19 Patients In Their Homes by adewumiopeyemi(m): 11:04pm On Apr 30, 2020
No enough bed space no enough ventilator and
Billion is been donated to fight the virus’s stuff

Where is the money going

Will all the money donated self isolated at home when there is standard hotel they can rent

Ask United Kingdom or united state USA how they are fighting this corona virus

Am confuse somehow

We need serious prayer in this country

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: NCDC: We’re Considering Managing COVID-19 Patients In Their Homes by naijaloan: 11:04pm On Apr 30, 2020
cheesy
Re: NCDC: We’re Considering Managing COVID-19 Patients In Their Homes by Racoon(m): 11:04pm On Apr 30, 2020
The end effect will be catastrophic.This is because the frequency of community spread will be hellish & the daily discovered cases will be frightening.Meanwhile, "We're ready for Coronavirus"- Minister of Health.

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: NCDC: We’re Considering Managing COVID-19 Patients In Their Homes by Goddey18(m): 11:05pm On Apr 30, 2020
Very bad idea from NCDC. The consequences of implementing this idea would be very brutal.

Some people with underlying health challenges might need to be under ICU. What about the use of ventilators where necessary.

Bad idea

1 Like 1 Share

Re: NCDC: We’re Considering Managing COVID-19 Patients In Their Homes by bigiyaro(m): 11:07pm On Apr 30, 2020
the person that even tot of this idea should be flogged. how will you manage 1000 almajiries in dia homes? that is if they have a home, govt should just turn some of the properties seized from our politifcians to isolation centers.

1 Like

Re: NCDC: We’re Considering Managing COVID-19 Patients In Their Homes by bamvik(m): 11:08pm On Apr 30, 2020
number of active cases is about 1400 and they are telling us not enough beds? and some organizations donated beds/hospitals abi na audio? my take is if the total number of bed spaces in this country is not more than 30,000 then all money been donated towards covid19 na audio
Re: NCDC: We’re Considering Managing COVID-19 Patients In Their Homes by nkwuocha1: 11:09pm On Apr 30, 2020
This Igbo man isn't getting enough funding.I watched last time how he was pleading for hotels to he released for Isolation centres.All this billions are being stolen then pushed to the North as pillatives.We are in for a long bumpy ride in this SHITHOLE.

2 Likes

Re: NCDC: We’re Considering Managing COVID-19 Patients In Their Homes by TodayNAlways: 11:09pm On Apr 30, 2020
Noted
Re: NCDC: We’re Considering Managing COVID-19 Patients In Their Homes by Racoon(m): 11:12pm On Apr 30, 2020
shocked COVID19 is a global pandemic for goodness sake.So what about the billions donated by individuals & cooperate bodies?
Re: NCDC: We’re Considering Managing COVID-19 Patients In Their Homes by Avalancheman: 11:14pm On Apr 30, 2020
Better!
Re: NCDC: We’re Considering Managing COVID-19 Patients In Their Homes by nonyofor2(m): 11:15pm On Apr 30, 2020
Home service
Re: NCDC: We’re Considering Managing COVID-19 Patients In Their Homes by realstars: 11:25pm On Apr 30, 2020
A Man Rejected His Son That Is Negetive, How Much More A Conferm Case Of Coro Coro.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: NCDC: We’re Considering Managing COVID-19 Patients In Their Homes by SalamRushdie: 11:29pm On Apr 30, 2020
bamvik:
number of active cases is about 1400 and they are telling us not enough beds? and some organizations donated beds/hospitals abi na audio? my take is if the total number of bed spaces in this country is not more than 30,000 then all money been donated towards covid19 na audio

They have just 500 beds spaces in Lagos
Re: NCDC: We’re Considering Managing COVID-19 Patients In Their Homes by baillers123: 12:32am On May 01, 2020
This government r just so clueless and dumb
Re: NCDC: We’re Considering Managing COVID-19 Patients In Their Homes by baillers123: 12:32am On May 01, 2020
Treated at home, who will pay for feeding.. So government cant transform their buildings to hospitals right... Wicked govt

1 Share

Re: NCDC: We’re Considering Managing COVID-19 Patients In Their Homes by sapientia(m): 12:55am On May 01, 2020
Rubbish.

Are we Buhari?

See governors relaxing lockdown to win popularity vote.

I wonder how you people advise Buhari for him to give such powers to governors to relax as they deem fit.

Do Nigerians have the liberty of having a house for self isolation?
Re: NCDC: We’re Considering Managing COVID-19 Patients In Their Homes by Kolinakano: 1:14am On May 01, 2020
Just to spread COVID-19 at easy way...
Re: NCDC: We’re Considering Managing COVID-19 Patients In Their Homes by Nobody: 1:18am On May 01, 2020
Manage them in their homes, who will monitor them and make sure they do not breakout and infect people? It looks like all the monies donated by the EU, WHO, UN and upstanding Nigerian citizens has been looted and shared. Wicked, demonic government.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: NCDC: We’re Considering Managing COVID-19 Patients In Their Homes by klever18(m): 1:18am On May 01, 2020
adewumiopeyemi:
No enough bed space no enough ventilator and
Billion is been donated to fight the virus’s stuff

Where is the money going

Will all the money donated self isolated at home when there is standard hotel they can rent

Ask United Kingdom or united state USA how they are fighting this corona virus

Am confuse somehow

We need serious prayer in this country
to think the minister said they are ready before the index case
Re: NCDC: We’re Considering Managing COVID-19 Patients In Their Homes by Olunmercy56(f): 3:07am On May 01, 2020
We must learn how to use our native herbs, Ooni of Ife is right about his findings. Let all these herb people come and test their things

1 Like 1 Share

Re: NCDC: We’re Considering Managing COVID-19 Patients In Their Homes by princemillla(m): 3:09am On May 01, 2020
Is like this one head is painting them
Re: NCDC: We’re Considering Managing COVID-19 Patients In Their Homes by Melison(m): 3:12am On May 01, 2020
My country my country
Its well shaa ncdc abi na nscdc oga oo
Make una reason well for once na,una use 1billion naira send us washing hand tips,chai in everything our case must be different,

Re: NCDC: We’re Considering Managing COVID-19 Patients In Their Homes by Katier00(f): 3:17am On May 01, 2020
This is sad, with less than 2000 cases and this is happening, what becomes of us when we get to 5000. People please go out only when necessary and practice social distance. A country blessed with rich human and natural resources can't manage less than 2000 cases of Chinese flu. This is shameful, very shameful

1 Like

Re: NCDC: We’re Considering Managing COVID-19 Patients In Their Homes by baralatie(m): 3:18am On May 01, 2020
bad idea
Re: NCDC: We’re Considering Managing COVID-19 Patients In Their Homes by SoNature(m): 3:48am On May 01, 2020
baillers123:
This government r just so clueless and dumb

You are even dumber because you didn't suggest any better alternative

People like are the crop of people in APC - you think leadership is easy

Anyways, this move clearly paints the worrisome picture of a country whose health system is gradually getting overwhelmed.

I just hope I am wrong
Re: NCDC: We’re Considering Managing COVID-19 Patients In Their Homes by funmike83(f): 3:54am On May 01, 2020
Can you imaging, even at war front. This guys are still embezzling money. Where are the billions donated? Germany just gave us money na, what of the money from UN as well. No enough test kits and now this.
What kind of leaders do we have, lord have mercy on your people. The problem in this country is not buhari but people representing him

Again , can't the churches come together to build isolation centres for the Christians abi they are waiting for Catholics to do that again
Re: NCDC: We’re Considering Managing COVID-19 Patients In Their Homes by Nobody: 5:25am On May 01, 2020
They are overwhelmed already at less than 2000 infected in a 200m population...

Yet we have always had budgets running in trillions every year...
Re: NCDC: We’re Considering Managing COVID-19 Patients In Their Homes by Nobody: 5:54am On May 01, 2020
ursullalinda:
What exactly is he saying......what if the person lives in face me and I slap you ........with eight family members.......smh......see why the world doesn't take us serious.
In developed country's, you self isolate while dey attend to you. Its bn done in America and Europe OK. Average Nigerian man fight off coronavirus after bn administered with some relief drugs and the immune system finish the lest

(1) (2) (Reply)

Help! I Mistakenly Took Antiretroviral Drugs For HIV / I Have Had E-coli Infection For 7 Years. Please I Need Your Help / I Need A Medical Opinion

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 34
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.