Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,507 members, 7,819,838 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 02:10 AM

NCDC: We’re Considering Managing COVID-19 Patients In Their Homes - Health (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / NCDC: We’re Considering Managing COVID-19 Patients In Their Homes (1253 Views)

We're Thinking About Managing COVID-19 Patients In Their Homes - NCDC / Russia Built ₦42Billion Hospital For COVID-19 Patients In One Month(Photos) / The biggest threats to Nigeria managing COVID-19: panic, politics and indecision (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: NCDC: We’re Considering Managing COVID-19 Patients In Their Homes by Ishilove: 6:05am On May 01, 2020
Oh, my Nigeria, why must our case always be different? cry
Re: NCDC: We’re Considering Managing COVID-19 Patients In Their Homes by Fawazzz: 6:22am On May 01, 2020
It's all about our attitude, the truth of the matter is that we don't have the money,the workforce,the infrastructure to admit all covid19 patients. Patients with mild symptoms will be isolated at home or hotels, leaving the moderate to serious cases for hospitals. Our only hope is to rely on herd immunity since we were unable to contain the outbreak due to our attitude.
Re: NCDC: We’re Considering Managing COVID-19 Patients In Their Homes by budaatum: 7:30am On May 01, 2020
Ishilove:
Oh, my Nigeria, why must our case always be different? cry
Is your Nigeria case really that different?

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-us-canada-52483279

Re: NCDC: We’re Considering Managing COVID-19 Patients In Their Homes by baillers123: 7:44am On May 01, 2020
SoNature:

You are even dumber because you didn't suggest any better alternative

People like are the crop of people in APC - you think leadership is easy

Anyways, this move clearly paints the worrisome picture of a country whose health system is gradually getting overwhelmed.

I just hope I am wrong
And suggesting my better alternatives with change their ideology n believes.. We voted them, we believed they had a motive, we followed the promises n manifestos to help the gain that seat, so if they derail from their original purpose i cant support them..calling m name shows how sympathetic u are not to your heart, but to you ego
Re: NCDC: We’re Considering Managing COVID-19 Patients In Their Homes by ursullalinda(f): 9:17am On May 01, 2020
dirtydiva:
In developed country's, you self isolate while dey attend to you. Its bn done in America and Europe OK. Average Nigerian man fight off coronavirus after bn administered with some relief drugs and the immune system finish the lest

In developed countries you say not in Africa.......I was talking about Africa.......Nigeria to be precise
Re: NCDC: We’re Considering Managing COVID-19 Patients In Their Homes by Nobody: 9:24am On May 01, 2020
ursullalinda:

In developed countries you say not in Africa.......I was talking about Africa.......Nigeria to be precise
Same should be applicable since we are short of beds and space for new confirmed cases, just give them them the medication and let their immune system do the lest since no vaccine is on ground. Only those whose case is severe should be sent to ICU for proper attention
Re: NCDC: We’re Considering Managing COVID-19 Patients In Their Homes by ursullalinda(f): 9:29am On May 01, 2020
dirtydiva:
Same should be applicable since we are short of beds and space for new confirmed cases, just give them them the medication and let their immune system do the lest since no vaccine is on ground. Only those whose case is severe should be sent to ICU for proper attention

My question is what if the person lives in face me I slap?...... that is the question.......what of Almajiris?.......We should be practical in rendering solutions not copying oyibo's verbatim.
Re: NCDC: We’re Considering Managing COVID-19 Patients In Their Homes by Nobody: 9:36am On May 01, 2020
ursullalinda:

My question if the person lives in face me I slap that is the question.......what of Almajiris?.......We should be practical in rendering solutions not copying oyibo's verbatim.
Oyibo man immune system is not ad strong as we dats Y most of the covid-19 patients survive without ventilators and our immune system strong to fight it off if bn administered with immune booster or immunodulator drugs.
Secondly total capacity of isolation centers cannot hold the number of confirmed cases coming in like inec collation centre as some States dont have the capacity or rather hv squandered their savings if they have any
Re: NCDC: We’re Considering Managing COVID-19 Patients In Their Homes by ursullalinda(f): 9:42am On May 01, 2020
[quote author=dirtydiva post=89054814]Oyibo man immune system is not ad strong as we dats Y most of the covid-19 patients survive without ventilators and our immune system strong to fight it off if bn administered with immune booster or immunodulator drugs.
Secondly total capacity of isolation centers cannot hold the number of confirmed cases coming in like inec collation centre as some States dont have the capacity or rather hv squandered their savings if they have any[/quote

Still haven't answered my question.......sending an infected person to a populated environment is very risky and will double the wahala @ hand.......my question is .........Is that a good option?.......why not look for other alternatives like churches and mosques......at least they will be together and monitored
Re: NCDC: We’re Considering Managing COVID-19 Patients In Their Homes by Nobody: 9:47am On May 01, 2020
[quote author=ursullalinda post=89055069][/quote]Ok since you're not gonna calm down, what did you suggest the govt do in a case of filled up centres?
Re: NCDC: We’re Considering Managing COVID-19 Patients In Their Homes by oziamaka: 9:50am On May 01, 2020
this counry is a joke. what did you learn from China how they managed theirs? they built makeshift hospitals within a week, locked down and all hands were desks to fight the virus. up till now I have not seen any reasonable thing this govt has done with all the donations from within and outside the country. are they waiting for the virus to wipe away the population of Nigerians before they will build emergency hospitals to accommodate the growing number cases? what are usefulness of Chinese doctors imported to the country to share experiences and that they have? things are really really getting messy in this country.
Re: NCDC: We’re Considering Managing COVID-19 Patients In Their Homes by ursullalinda(f): 9:59am On May 01, 2020
dirtydiva:
Ok since you're not gonna calm down, what did you suggest the govt do in a case of filled up centres?

Read my last reply I gave suggestions there......we can use churches and mosques........even government secondary schools but at least they will be together and monitored........Good morning and have a wonderful day.
Re: NCDC: We’re Considering Managing COVID-19 Patients In Their Homes by PureGoldh(m): 10:11am On May 01, 2020
Just speechless
Re: NCDC: We’re Considering Managing COVID-19 Patients In Their Homes by sammysmiles(m): 10:12am On May 01, 2020
Talk Don dey change...
Re: NCDC: We’re Considering Managing COVID-19 Patients In Their Homes by Racoon(m): 10:18am On May 01, 2020
dirtydiva:
I guess you seem to under-estimate what you're saying.
Re: NCDC: We’re Considering Managing COVID-19 Patients In Their Homes by Nobody: 11:58am On May 01, 2020
Racoon:
I guess you seem to under-estimate what you're saying.
I m not under estimating my words, its a standard procedure but Nigerians will choose otherwise
Re: NCDC: We’re Considering Managing COVID-19 Patients In Their Homes by googi: 1:57pm On May 01, 2020
There is no doubt that home treatment for Covid-19 patients will take resources away from Hospitals and treatment Centers.

But I think it is being done already. British PM was treated at home until his situation got worse. He must have been treated with a combination of experimental drugs at the hospital.

There was also a suggestion of hotel treatment in the US. I have a feeling El Rufai was treated at (some) home.

So it is not that it has never been done.

(1) (2) (Reply)

Natural Way To CURE Diabetes and High Blood Pressure FOREVER / Help! I Mistakenly Took Antiretroviral Drugs For HIV / An Alcoholic Nurse!

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 31
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.