Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,459 members, 7,816,079 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 02:53 AM

It's Getting Tougher,accessbank On My Neck,please Advise. - Business - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / It's Getting Tougher,accessbank On My Neck,please Advise. (2677 Views)

Please Help My Accessbank Card Showing Violation Of Law / Nairaland Help Me, Accessbank Has Deducted 2560 From My 3500 / 7 Reasons Why 2018 Will Be Tougher For Some Nigerians (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

It's Getting Tougher,accessbank On My Neck,please Advise. by Dnonny14(m): 5:18am On May 01, 2020
It's said,that problem shared is half solved.

I will try as much as possible to be succinct.please,spear a little of your time and read through.

It all started on 27th of January this year, when I came back from night class that very monday morning around 4:56 am,I noticed that the pivoted glass window of my room has been removed and the net carefully cut with sharp objects.On seeing that my heart skipped,my instinct told me something must have gone wrong.

Though this has never happened to me since over 2years plus I have lived in the lodge.As I opened the door,to my greatest surprise, I couldn't find my laptop,my Android phone,a phone of a friend who also plucked his phone in my room,and my MP player which I do use in blasting music in the lodge, all was taken away, I felt utterly devastated,I couldn't believe my eye at that moment.

I have to summon strength and go to school that very day,because,already I have been demoralized by that incidence and I have to be in school that day,because, I have quiz. When I dismissed from school it was already to four,I hurriedly get to mtn office to do the welcome back,they said since,I'm not with the pack,I have to go to the court and get affidavit,when I look at my time it's already after four the court has closed,it's now a thing of another day
I was so exhausted,i needed to get some rest,though hunger has taken its toll on me.on my way back I branch to ATM to collect 1k from my account so that I can get something to eat,the straw that breaks the camel's back was my lot. insufficient fund is what I saw on the screen boldly written on the ATM machine... This is unbelievable! I know I have close to 20k in my account which I was given to complete a particular payment in school,what happened?, what a terrible day! I lost appetite instantly I walked down to my lodge,I couldn't sleep that day.

Very early in the morning, I was the first person in the bank, when I met the customer care,he checked the account he ask me if I had collected loan from the bank,I said "never"-- though, accessbank do send me a message,asking if I need loan I should dail so so code, which I'm so wary of and dreaded it because,I do avoid banks and their cunny offer, He said,that my account was used to get a loan of 25k AFTER 17k dat was in my account was used in buying airtime and the 25k collected was transferred via WhatsApp transfer,it sounded strange to me,which one is whatsap transfer again?i quried in total indignation!I told him I never did,that my phone was stolen yesterday. I asked him,if there any trace information available which could be used to get the person? He said he won't disclose anything to me that I should go and get police report.

I have to moved to police station and make official statement and detail them the whole story,to cut the long story short,they ask me to bring 20k so that they can just track the phone or 7k to get court order so that they will go to the bank to seek if there is any necessary information that the bank will provide.but,I should note:that if bank didn't have any good information to track the person, that my 7k will be gone, that,they advised I paid 20k to track d phone that it will be easier.yes I knw it is better but at it is now, I that have such amount,I hardly feed,let alone of raising 20k.i have to leave police station thinking hard on what to do next,I was able to Hussle out and pay remaining fees for school thing because,its payment is already about to end.

I was still trying to know if I can get money,to start pursuing the case,and Covid19 lockdown come up, everyone had to vacate from school, though I do call the IPO that once I get the money I will come for the case,which he said it's alright anytime I'm ready I should come.

My greatest worry now is the bountiful of messages I'm receiving from accessbank both in my email and equally in my phone messages,they are issuing a whole lot of threat to me to come and pay the loan,that I would be reported to credit bureau and I will be blacklisted,that it s long overdue..that it's already 60days now.

Please,how do I go about this with them?even though I wasn't the one who collected the loan,I have it in mind to pay them but not anytime soon, because, for now school is closed and getting that amount to pay them now,I really don't see the possiblity. But,i keep asking is getting loan from the bank so easy like this,I just wonder why accessbank will just grant loan within a space of 28 hours.i blame them too.please, what do I do? because, this their threat is too much,and if they blacklist me with credit bureau what is its consequences.sorry for the long epistle.thanks for your time.
Re: It's Getting Tougher,accessbank On My Neck,please Advise. by livebyday(m): 5:29am On May 01, 2020
You should have blocked your line immediately
You should have blocked your atm
You should have blocked your account immediately those items where taken

You where negligent

You must pay the funds back unfortunately

Mind you, interest rates are gathering
Re: It's Getting Tougher,accessbank On My Neck,please Advise. by Golden1982(f): 5:33am On May 01, 2020
I hope u have the contact
Re: It's Getting Tougher,accessbank On My Neck,please Advise. by nnatobryno(m): 5:46am On May 01, 2020
Try and pay off the loan to avoid more misery then I would advise you approach the police to track the receipient of the airtime. That will be a way to go
Re: It's Getting Tougher,accessbank On My Neck,please Advise. by Greyworld: 5:47am On May 01, 2020
Golden1982:
it is ur bvn that access bank wants to blacklist and it is very bad anyway contact 08037111012 he is with efcc he might be able to help
Seriously? Even if you were genuine I don't think this is appropriate.
Re: It's Getting Tougher,accessbank On My Neck,please Advise. by Dnonny14(m): 5:49am On May 01, 2020
Yes,I take the blame,I suppose to have gone to the bank to report,but my head was full,my mind was in the quiz I'm to write that morning, hoping that once I'm done I will go and do welcome back that same day.it jus happened so fast.thanks.
livebyday:

You where negligent

Re: It's Getting Tougher,accessbank On My Neck,please Advise. by Golden1982(f): 5:51am On May 01, 2020
Greyworld:

Seriously? Even if you were genuine I don't think this is appropriate.
u are correct my mistake
Re: It's Getting Tougher,accessbank On My Neck,please Advise. by Dnonny14(m): 5:52am On May 01, 2020
Golden1982:
it is ur bvn that access bank wants to blacklist and it is very bad anyway contact 08037111012 he is with efcc he might be able to help
.okay.thanks
Re: It's Getting Tougher,accessbank On My Neck,please Advise. by Nobody: 5:55am On May 01, 2020
Dnonny14:
Yes,I take the blame,I suppose to have gone to the bank to report,but my head was full,my mind was in the quiz I'm to write that morning, hoping that once I'm done I will go and do welcome back that same day.it jus happened so fast.thanks.
U may not even need to go to bank, what if it happened during weekend? if something like this happen next time, just find someone that uses same bank as urs, get the Customer care number (always on the ATM cards) or find means to check d number online and report.

The needful would be done immediately.
Re: It's Getting Tougher,accessbank On My Neck,please Advise. by pascalbenz: 5:57am On May 01, 2020
Golden1982:
pls wats the c0nsequence of one bvn been blacklisted ?
Re: It's Getting Tougher,accessbank On My Neck,please Advise. by Golden1982(f): 6:01am On May 01, 2020
ur national identity card,international passport alternative bank accounts will be useless in short is a big problem
Re: It's Getting Tougher,accessbank On My Neck,please Advise. by pascalbenz: 6:14am On May 01, 2020
Golden1982:
ur national identity card,international passport alternative bank accounts will be useless in short is a big problem
hmm, dats a big problm , am having an issue wit the same a same acess bank, though mine is around january dis year when ever i make a bill payment via there ussd code they do reverse it despite been sucesfull and i dd nt bother going to bnk to c0mplain though now it have stopeed an its close to 2 mths n0w dey hav nt contacted me i just avoided the act cause dey started to debit me with out my concern
Re: It's Getting Tougher,accessbank On My Neck,please Advise. by Dnonny14(m): 6:29am On May 01, 2020
Golden1982:
yes,I do.thanks.
Re: It's Getting Tougher,accessbank On My Neck,please Advise. by onward4life(m): 6:48am On May 01, 2020
Dnonny14:
It's said,that problem shared is half solved.

I will try as much as possible to be succinct.please,spear a little of your time and read through.

It all started on 27th of January this year, when I came back from night class that very monday morning around 4:56 am,I noticed that the pivoted glass window of my room has been removed and the net carefully cut with sharp objects.On seeing that my heart skipped,my instinct told me something must have gone wrong.

Though this has never happened to me since over 2years plus I have lived in the lodge.As I opened the door,to my greatest surprise, I couldn't find my laptop,my Android phone,a phone of a friend who also plucked his phone in my room,and my MP player which I do use in blasting music in the lodge, all was taken away, I felt utterly devastated,I couldn't believe my eye at that moment.

I have to summon strength and go to school that very day,because,already I have been demoralized by that incidence and I have to be in school that day,because, I have quiz. When I dismissed from school it was already to four,I hurriedly get to mtn office to do the welcome back,they said since,I'm not with the pack,I have to go to the court and get affidavit,when I look at my time it's already after four the court has closed,it's now a thing of another day
I was so exhausted,i needed to get some rest,though hunger has taken its toll on me.on my way back I branch to ATM to collect 1k from my account so that I can get something to eat,the straw that breaks the camel's back was my lot. insufficient fund is what I saw on the screen boldly written on the ATM machine... This is unbelievable! I know I have close to 20k in my account which I was given to complete a particular payment in school,what happened?, what a terrible day! I lost appetite instantly I walked down to my lodge,I couldn't sleep that day.

Very early in the morning, I was the first person in the bank, when I met the customer care,he checked the account he ask me if I had collected loan from the bank,I said "never"-- though, accessbank do send me a message,asking if I need loan I should dail so so code, which I'm so wary of and dreaded it because,I do avoid banks and their cunny offer, He said,that my account was used to get a loan of 25k AFTER 17k dat was in my account was used in buying airtime and the 25k collected was transferred via WhatsApp transfer,it sounded strange to me,which one is whatsap transfer again?i quried in total indignation!I told him I never did,that my phone was stolen yesterday. I asked him,if there any trace information available which could be used to get the person? He said he won't disclose anything to me that I should go and get police report.

I have to moved to police station and make official statement and detail them the whole story,to cut the long story short,they ask me to bring 20k so that they can just track the phone or 7k to get court order so that they will go to the bank to seek if there is any necessary information that the bank will provide.but,I should note:that if bank didn't have any good information to track the person, that my 7k will be gone, that,they advised I paid 20k to track d phone that it will be easier.yes I knw it is better but at it is now, I that have such amount,I hardly feed,let alone of raising 20k.i have to leave police station thinking hard on what to do next,I was able to Hussle out and pay remaining fees for school thing because,its payment is already about to end.

I was still trying to know if I can get money,to start pursuing the case,and Covid19 lockdown come up, everyone had to vacate from school, though I do call the IPO that once I get the money I will come for the case,which he said it's alright anytime I'm ready I should come.

My greatest worry now is the bountiful of messages I'm receiving from accessbank both in my email and equally in my phone messages,they are issuing a whole lot of threat to me to come and pay the loan,that I would be reported to credit bureau and I will be blacklisted,that it s long overdue..that it's already 60days now.

Please,how do I go about this with them?even though I wasn't the one who collected the loan,I have it in mind to pay them but not anytime soon, because, for now school is closed and getting that amount to pay them now,I really don't see the possiblity. But,i keep asking is getting loan from the bank so easy like this,I just wonder why accessbank will just grant loan within a space of 28 hours.i blame them too.please, what do I do? because, this their threat is too much,and if they blacklist me with credit bureau what is its consequences.sorry for the long epistle.thanks for your time.

Mr Man on ur phone let me call Yu nah!
Re: It's Getting Tougher,accessbank On My Neck,please Advise. by Nobody: 7:10am On May 01, 2020
Send them mails, explaining yourself....tell them all that happened, and if you still have your welcome back MTN sim, it'll be a proof that you lost your phone....but you sef would have blocked your account or change your password immediately your phone got stolen....it's not difficult, ussd code makes it easy... anyways, just send them mails and explain yourself, those mails will serve as proof when things get sour
Re: It's Getting Tougher,accessbank On My Neck,please Advise. by Whois(m): 7:41am On May 01, 2020
Pay part payment of the loan to show good intentions
Re: It's Getting Tougher,accessbank On My Neck,please Advise. by U1(m): 7:59am On May 01, 2020
livebyday:

You where negligent

This is somewhat unkind and inconsiderate! Sorry I had to say that. Did you ever consider the possibility that he didn't know he could have done any of those things? Even if he did, some people are poor with decision-making when disoriented.

Those things you mentioned aren't always as easy as you made them sound here in Nigeria. For example, what if he didn't have a second MTN line? Calling customer care from another network can be another story entirely.

I'm actually shocked that the bank can grant a loan request so easily. And how was it possible for transfers to be made without providing sensitive personal information? Which one be WhatsApp transfer again?

OP, if I were you, the foregoing are some of the questions I would ask the bank. I'd even threaten to take my story to the CBN, especially with regards to those questions.

No bank dare try this crap with me, I tell you. Otherwise, what happened in 1996 might repeat itself.

Omo, so police report and court order na money. Nigeria, I hail thee.

3 Likes

Re: It's Getting Tougher,accessbank On My Neck,please Advise. by Collins4u1(m): 8:27am On May 01, 2020
Don't try to track that phone, police will just eat your money, they can't track it for you...

Get a court order that will compel the bank to disclose where the whatsapp transfer went to.

As for the threat from access bank, don't fret.

3 Likes

Re: It's Getting Tougher,accessbank On My Neck,please Advise. by Epositive(m): 9:38am On May 01, 2020
U1:

This is somewhat unkind and inconsiderate! Sorry I had to say that. Did you ever consider the possibility that he didn't know he could have done any of those things? Even if he did, some people are poor with decision-making when disoriented.

Those things you mentioned aren't always as easy as you made them sound here in Nigeria. For example, what if he didn't have a second MTN line? Calling customer care from another network can be another story entirely.

I'm actually shocked that the bank can grant a loan request so easily. And how was it possible for transfers to be made without providing sensitive personal information? Which one be WhatsApp transfer again?

OP, if I were you, the foregoing are some of the questions I would ask the bank. I'd even threaten to take my story to the CBN, especially with regards to those questions.

No bank dare try this crap with me, I tell you. Otherwise, what happened in 1996 might repeat itself.

What happened in 1996? shocked
Re: It's Getting Tougher,accessbank On My Neck,please Advise. by Orubebe01: 12:02pm On May 01, 2020
Lalasticlala this guy deserve some help pls.
Re: It's Getting Tougher,accessbank On My Neck,please Advise. by waleyp(m): 12:28pm On May 01, 2020
have you told your family about this already or you doing all this by yourself alone?
forget the police thing,
take action about the loan.
if you can pay the loan fine. pay it all and block the account and open a new one...
but tell your parents about it, they will know better
Re: It's Getting Tougher,accessbank On My Neck,please Advise. by U1(m): 1:10pm On May 01, 2020
Epositive:
What happened in 1996? shocked
Nothing at all. Something told me that someone would want to know. cheesy
Re: It's Getting Tougher,accessbank On My Neck,please Advise. by Epositive(m): 1:29pm On May 01, 2020
U1:

Nothing at all. Something told me that someone would want to know. cheesy
You got me. cheesy
Re: It's Getting Tougher,accessbank On My Neck,please Advise. by Dnonny14(m): 5:04pm On May 04, 2020
onward4life:

Mr Man on ur phone let me call Yu nah!
. Sorry,since after that incidence that number has not been going.this is my
new number 09029411991.thanks.
Re: It's Getting Tougher,accessbank On My Neck,please Advise. by Dnonny14(m): 5:05pm On May 04, 2020
sherylbakky:
U may not even need to go to bank, what if it happened during weekend? if something like this happen next time, just find someone that uses same bank as urs, get the Customer care number (always on the ATM cards) or find means to check d number online and report.

The needful would be done immediately.
okay, lesson learnt.thanks.
Re: It's Getting Tougher,accessbank On My Neck,please Advise. by Dnonny14(m): 5:08pm On May 04, 2020
Whois:
Pay part payment of the loan to show good intentions
a brother send 2.5k to me from there,before it land they have collected it already.
Re: It's Getting Tougher,accessbank On My Neck,please Advise. by Dnonny14(m): 5:12pm On May 04, 2020
U1:

. Seriously,that very morning,my mind is that let me go and write this quiz and quickly go and do welcome Back.
Re: It's Getting Tougher,accessbank On My Neck,please Advise. by Dnonny14(m): 5:14pm On May 04, 2020
Collins4u1:
Don't try to track that phone, police will just eat your money, they can't track it for you...

Get a court order that will compel the bank to disclose where the whatsapp transfer went to.

As for the threat from access bank, don't fret.
that is what I'm trying to do,to get the court order,just that access bank threat is giving me a sleepless nite.
Re: It's Getting Tougher,accessbank On My Neck,please Advise. by Galactico4ever(m): 5:15pm On May 04, 2020
Anyone care to explain a whatsapp loan of 25k? this is why my phone is locked after 5 secs of inactivity
Re: It's Getting Tougher,accessbank On My Neck,please Advise. by Dnonny14(m): 5:17pm On May 04, 2020
Orubebe01:
Lalasticlala this guy deserve some help pls.
. I really need help at this moment.i have been trying to tackle this on my own but the more I try,the more it's getting complicated.
Re: It's Getting Tougher,accessbank On My Neck,please Advise. by Dnonny14(m): 5:28pm On May 04, 2020
waleyp:
have you told your family about this already or you doing all this by yourself alone?
forget the police thing,
take action about the loan.
if you can pay the loan fine. pay it all and block the account and open a new one...
but tell your parents about it, they will know better
Yes,I have relay it to my brother, which he sent #2,500, which they collect it immediately.i have open another account but it is with another bank.

I don't know if they will agree to put a stop to the account,so that the interest will stop accruing.though I will try it since the lock down is over....may they no arrest me oo
Re: It's Getting Tougher,accessbank On My Neck,please Advise. by waleyp(m): 7:58pm On May 04, 2020
Why would they arrest you? Pay off the loan then close the account after that
Dnonny14:
Yes,I have relay it to my brother, which he sent #2,500, which they collect it immediately.i have open another account but it is with another bank.

I don't know if they will agree to put a stop to the account,so that the interest will stop accruing.though I will try it since the lock down is over....may they no arrest me oo

(1) (2) (Reply)

Sterling Bank Grows Profit After Tax By 65% To N8.521bn / 20 Ways To Make Money Online From Home In 2018 / Experts Advocates For Increased Digitization In Banking Industry

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 74
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.