Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,016 members, 7,817,994 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 02:42 AM

Can Nikkah (wedding) Be Done During The Month Of Ramadan - Islam for Muslims - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Islam for Muslims / Can Nikkah (wedding) Be Done During The Month Of Ramadan (272 Views)

Sultan Announces Commencement Of Ramadan 1441AH - 2020 / An-nikkah (Marriage): A Soft Admonition To Our Sisters / The Nafilat In The Night Of Ramadan (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Can Nikkah (wedding) Be Done During The Month Of Ramadan by Dsimple: 7:01am On May 01, 2020
Salamu Alaikum Wa Ramatullahi Warabarakatuhu,

This question has been on my mind since few weeks ago due to the lock down amidst the coronavirus pandemic. I was to get my nikkah done on 12th April, 2020. But as a law abiding citizen, my family, my spouse's family and I had to reschedule the ceremony indefinitely but with the easing of the lock down from Monday 4th May, 2020, is it permissible to have the ceremony done without going against the tenets of the Islamic doctrine. It's going to be a very simple ceremony attended by just a handful of persons from both families.
Jazakhallah.
Re: Can Nikkah (wedding) Be Done During The Month Of Ramadan by Rashduct4luv(m): 7:51am On May 01, 2020
Wa alaikum salam warahmatullah wabarakatuh.

Do the Aqd at home and take your wife with you! If Allaah permits later you may do the waleemah (feasting).

https://www.nairaland.com/5678882/muslim-marriage-brief

Stay Safe! Stay Zina free!

3 Likes

Re: Can Nikkah (wedding) Be Done During The Month Of Ramadan by Alennsar(f): 11:43am On May 01, 2020
Rashduct4luv:
Wa alaikum salam warahmatullah wabarakatuh.

Do the Aqd at home and take your wife with you! If Allaah permits later you may do the waleemah (feasting).

https://www.nairaland.com/5678882/muslim-marriage-brief

Stay Safe! Stay Zina free!
o

Masha Allah. That is the best and it will save you from unnecessary spending too

1 Like

(1) (Reply)

Covid-19: Muslims Can Observe Eid At Home – Saudi Muft / Women In Islam / Are The Prophet’s Grandfather And Uncle In Jahannam?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 7
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.