Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,149,972 members, 7,806,824 topics. Date: Wednesday, 24 April 2024 at 02:28 AM

. - Family - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / . (3452 Views)

My Husband's Family Is Sucking Him Dry / She Is Single And Living On Rented Apartment, Away From Family ! Is It Good? / I Want To Get Married But My Family Is Insisting I Must Settle Everybody First (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

. by eboniest(f): 9:16am On May 01, 2020

3 Likes 3 Shares

Re: . by gaby(m): 9:17am On May 01, 2020
Kai..

It shall and can never be well with that man for taking advantage of a naive widow.

Dear op, I'm not sure there is very much you can do about this.

First, of, it isn't so recent.

The con man has relocated.

Your mum was conned into sowing a seed ala the infamous tithing.

Your mum was pretty well naive and allowed an idiot take advantage of her.

Just learn from this and move on.

8 Likes

Re: . by Mozino007(m): 9:18am On May 01, 2020
eboniest:
My fellow nairalanders, listen to my story
It happened about 7years ago.My mum attended a certain on man's church and the church happened to be owned by a family friend. My mum served with all her heart in this church even though my dad is late.. During this time,we were struggling to survive as nothing was moving atall for my family.After a while this man advised my mum to sell her only land property she had in order for her to start something.She and the man went together to sell the land not knowing this man has some mischievous plan.After it was sold for 4.3m, unknowing to me ,my mum gave this man 3.5m out of it saying that she used to sow a seed in the church and she had only 800k to herself..After covering some few expences like payment of school fees for me and my younger ones cause I was still in high institution that time,then paying of house rent and starting of a little buisness, she complained that the money has finished and she has been back to square one since then and she never opened up that she gave this man that some of money until yesterday that she opened up to us.. l have been very furious since yesterday cause she has been struggling since then with no money or family to rely on cause she's a widow and this said man has relocated his church to Abuja..So am seeking for advice, what can I do in this situation to collect the money back .
Thanks..
inform police with concrete evidence
Re: . by madone: 9:19am On May 01, 2020
if ur mum has evidence go meet the man ask for a refund
Re: . by eboniest(f): 9:24am On May 01, 2020
Mozino007:
inform police with concrete evidence
Okay with do just that.I even asked her if he signed any document or letter when he collected the money.She said no that she just gave him the money like that..
Re: . by wandetooblack: 9:28am On May 01, 2020
I hope your mom and this said man of God still keep in touch. If yes, then let your mom put a call to him and stylishly ask him about the 3.5m. Make sure the call was on record and let her try as much as possible by to raise no suspicious.

Gather all evidence and involve a loyal police officer or probably a good lawyer. You might wanna go for the high ranked one.. I just hope you know most of these men of God are scam.

I'm not surprised your mom was being tricked and brainwashed to surrender her money. You have to be extra wise when dealing with all these people. Be it Imam or Pastor.

I hope your mom is being honest too.

4 Likes

Re: . by kiddkash(m): 9:29am On May 01, 2020
it's faith

7 Likes

Re: . by eboniest(f): 9:33am On May 01, 2020
wandetooblack:
I hope your mom and this said man of God still keep in touch. If yes, then let your mom put a call to him and stylishly ask him about the 3.5m. Make sure the call was on record and let her try as much as possible by to raise no suspicious.

Okay, thanks..

1 Like

Re: . by PrincessB1(f): 9:34am On May 01, 2020
Wolves in sheep clothing.

Devouring their members in a cunning manner and forsaking them to suffer.

Is that not sheer wickedness?
I just hope you get a way out.

3 Likes

Re: . by Ezennwa(m): 9:34am On May 01, 2020
Lies from the pit of hell!

Who dash monkey banana,
People that barely feed will come to Nairaland to spew rubbish, just to tarnish the image of a man of God.

You go fear millions na, your mother has such amount of money and you are still in PENURY, wonders Shall never end.

People go about just to fabricate a story to tarnish the image of pastors.

Bible says, thou shalt not use the name of the Lord thy God in vain.

My Cent

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: . by Mozino007(m): 9:36am On May 01, 2020
eboniest:
Okay with do just that.I even asked her if he signed any document or letter when he collected the money.She said no that she just gave him the money like that..
ok if there is no document, what of eyewitness n date of cash transfer to his account.most importantly ask your mother to tell you d real truth n make her know that u are about to involve the police..from there u will hear another version of this story..Gracias!
Re: . by LordsBattleAxe(m): 9:37am On May 01, 2020
Ezennwa:

Who dash monkey banana,
People that barely feed will come to Nairaland to spew rubbish, just to tarnish the image of a man of God.

You go fear millions na, your mother has such amount of money and you are still in PENURY, wonders Shall never end.

My Cent
I wish seun would use IQ as a criterion for registering on the platform. Brainwashed nzuzu

12 Likes 1 Share

Re: . by Ezennwa(m): 9:40am On May 01, 2020
LordsBattleAxe:
I wish seun would use IQ as a criterion for registering on the platform. Brainwashed nzuzu
hmm!

PENURY is a disease

9 Likes 2 Shares

Re: . by DanseMacabre(m): 9:43am On May 01, 2020
Ezennwa:

Who dash monkey banana,

My Cent

Oga take several seats behind abeg. As we speak those 'pastors' you defend are still defrauding gullible Nigerians of their hard-earned money.

10 Likes

Re: . by eboniest(f): 9:44am On May 01, 2020
Ezennwa:

Who dash monkey banana,

My Cent
I came here to seek advice, please don't add insult on what is on ground.. Please

3 Likes

Re: . by DanseMacabre(m): 9:45am On May 01, 2020
OP lemme be blunt with you; na una money follow help 'pastor' move him ministry to the permanent site.

All those proferring solutions are just being economical with the truth. You'll never rightfully recover a kobo from that money.

Case was years ago, no receipt, no paper trail, nothing to link the fraudster to your mom's money, save word of mouth.

Just cut your losses, and be extremely wary of Nigerian pastors henceforth.

8 Likes

Re: . by LoudlyMouthed: 9:45am On May 01, 2020
Ezennwa:

Who dash monkey banana,

My Cent
Wood yhu keep quiet?

2 Likes 3 Shares

Re: . by PrincessB1(f): 9:48am On May 01, 2020
Ezennwa:

Who dash monkey banana,

My Cent
undecided

3 Likes

Re: . by Kdon2: 9:52am On May 01, 2020
Ezennwa:

Who dash monkey banana,

My Cent

You are very irrational.

1 Like

Re: . by eboniest(f): 9:56am On May 01, 2020
DanseMacabre:
OP lemme be blunt with you; na una money follow help 'pastor' move him ministry to the permanent site.

All those proferring solutions are just being economical with the truth. You'll never rightfully recover a kobo from that money.

Case was years ago, no receipt, no paper trail, nothing to link the fraudster to your mom's money, save word of mouth.

Just cut your losses, and be extremely wary of Nigerian pastors henceforth.
Hmmm,I still hope something can be done,I can't just give in like that..
Re: . by Ezennwa(m): 9:57am On May 01, 2020
DanseMacabre:

Oga take several seats behind abeg. As we speak those 'pastors' you defend are still defrauding gullible Nigerians of their hard-earned money.
you Muslims will stay somewhere spewing rubbish just to tarnish the image of Christians, while your so called Imam's are busy committing atrocities.

My church that generate only #2,200naira every Sunday, and my pastor is a working class, the generated monies are being used to take care of the Church, now tell me where the Pastor defrauded anyone.

People perish for lack of knowledge

8 Likes 2 Shares

Re: . by Ezennwa(m): 10:00am On May 01, 2020
Kdon2:

You are very irrational.
To your tent O'israel

8 Likes

Re: . by id4sho(m): 10:01am On May 01, 2020
my chest
Re: . by sammysmiles(m): 10:02am On May 01, 2020
4get the money
No evidence to validate the proof that she gave him 3.something million... Next post pls
Re: . by DanseMacabre(m): 10:03am On May 01, 2020
Ezennwa:
you Muslims will stay somewhere spewing rubbish just to tarnish the image of Christians, while your so called Imam's are busy committing atrocities.

My church that generate only #2,200naira every Sunday, and my pastor is a working class, the generated monies are being used to take care of the Church, now tell me where the Pastor defrauded anyone.

People perish for lack of knowledge

Lol is it your pastor that defrauded her Bia enyia, be guided.

3 Likes

Re: . by Ezennwa(m): 10:06am On May 01, 2020
DanseMacabre:

Lol is it your pastor that defrauded her Bia enyia, be guided.
not my Pastor!

But these Muslims always like to generalize everything.

Be Guided!

9 Likes 1 Share

Re: . by sisisioge: 10:06am On May 01, 2020
Chai!

There's not much she could do, she gifted him without coercion. So it was a gift. She sow to the church by herself...no one dragged the money off her.

Did you ask her what she was thinking? That God will multiple it in several folds? She shouldn't have kept any at, she should just have given all. How very bright! I'm sorry.

1 Like

Re: . by Ezennwa(m): 10:07am On May 01, 2020
PrincessB1:
undecided
back to sender lipsrsealed

5 Likes

Re: . by Ezennwa(m): 10:09am On May 01, 2020
eboniest:

I came here to seek advice, please don't add insult on what is on ground.. Please
or what?

6 Likes

Re: . by LordsBattleAxe(m): 10:09am On May 01, 2020
Ezennwa:
hmm!

PENURY is a disease
lol.. I said it. Nzuzu. How does penury relate to the issue being discussed. To the op, the chances of getting ahead of the situation is slim, and I empathize with you sad

1 Like 1 Share

Re: . by PrincessB1(f): 10:10am On May 01, 2020
Ezennwa:
back to sender lipsrsealed

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Wife Decides To Pack Out Of Her Husband House-hubby Still In Lov With Ex-gf / This Boy Needs Your Help / Violence

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 51
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.