Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,884 members, 7,802,859 topics. Date: Friday, 19 April 2024 at 11:33 PM

. - Family (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / . (3446 Views)

My Husband's Family Is Sucking Him Dry / She Is Single And Living On Rented Apartment, Away From Family ! Is It Good? / I Want To Get Married But My Family Is Insisting I Must Settle Everybody First (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: . by Ezennwa(m): 10:13am On May 01, 2020

8 Likes 2 Shares

Re: . by Nobody: 10:14am On May 01, 2020
eboniest:
My fellow nairalanders, listen to my story
It happened about 7years ago.My mum attended a certain on man's church and the church happened to be owned by a family friend. My mum served with all her heart in this church even though my dad is late.. During this time,we were struggling to survive as nothing was moving atall for my family.After a while this man advised my mum to sell her only land property she had in order for her to start something.She and the man went together to sell the land not knowing this man has some mischievous plan.After it was sold for 4.3m, unknowing to me ,my mum gave this man 3.5m out of it saying that she used to sow a seed in the church and she had only 800k to herself..After covering some few expences like payment of school fees for me and my younger ones cause I was still in high institution that time,then paying of house rent and starting of a little buisness, she complained that the money has finished and she has been back to square one since then and she never opened up that she gave this man that some of money until yesterday that she opened up to us.. l have been very furious since yesterday cause she has been struggling since then with no money or family to rely on cause she's a widow and this said man has relocated his church to Abuja..So am seeking for advice, what can I do in this situation to collect the money back .
Thanks..
WOMEN and PASTORS.
WOMEN and GULLIBILITY when they see Pastors.
Do they exhibit such Gullibility before their HUSBANDS

Firstly, I have always told people that 95% of the Nigerian Pastors are Conmen.
That means the moment a Nigerian Pastor approaches you, there are higher chances that he is a conman.

Secondly, 99% of CHURCHES that came into existence starting from the year 2000 are absolutely FAKE.
Ponder on these and be careful.

3 Likes

Re: . by PrincessB1(f): 10:19am On May 01, 2020
Ezennwa:
you Muslims will stay somewhere spewing rubbish just to tarnish the image of Christians, while your so called Imam's are busy committing atrocities.

My church that generate only #2,200naira every Sunday, and my pastor is a working class, the generated monies are being used to take care of the Church, now tell me where the Pastor defrauded anyone.

People perish for lack of knowledge
But the guy in question isn't talking about your pastor in this context.

I Wonder why you will be taking diclofenac on another person's body pain.
Just stay mute if you have no positive input.

1 Like

Re: . by Ezennwa(m): 10:19am On May 01, 2020
EVILFOREST:

WOMEN and PASTORS.
WOMEN and GULLIBILITY when they see Pastors.
Do they exhibit such Gullibility before their HUSBANDS

Firstly, I have always told people that 95% of the Nigerian Pastors are Conmen.
That means the moment a Nigerian Pastor approaches you, there are higher chances that he is a conman.

Secondly, 99% of CHURCHES that came into existence starting from the year 2000 are absolutely FAKE.
Ponder on these and be careful.

what you think is what you are!!

Be positive!

6 Likes

Re: . by PrincessB1(f): 10:19am On May 01, 2020
Ezennwa:
back to sender lipsrsealed

Re: . by Ezennwa(m): 10:23am On May 01, 2020
PrincessB1:

But the guy in question isn't talking about your pastor in this context.

I Wonder why you will be taking diclofenac on another person's body pain.
Just stay mute if you have no positive input.
there's no way I can keep quiet,

Something needs to be corrected here.

Muslims like to tarnish the image of Christians, not even Pastors alone, while their so called IMAM'S are busy committing atrocities.

We will not take it

7 Likes 2 Shares

Re: . by eboniest(f): 10:26am On May 01, 2020
sisisioge:
Chai!

There's not much she could do, she gifted him without coercion. So it was a gift. She sow to the church by herself...no one dragged the money off her.

Did you ask her what she was thinking? That God will multiple it in several folds? She shouldn't have kept any at, she should just have given all. How very bright! I'm sorry.
That's is what she told me but this said man should have used common sense if not for selfishness and tell her to keep atleast 70percent of the money to herself knowing fully well that she has children even if he wants her to sow a seed.
Re: . by Mariangeles(f): 10:36am On May 01, 2020
eboniest:
Okay with do just that. I even asked her if he signed any document or letter when he collected the money. She said no that she just gave him the money like that..

I don't think there's anything you or the law can do about since she gave of her own "freewill", and not under duress. Moreso, there's no way to prove that she was brainwashed.
Still, it is better to try than not to try at all.
Most importantly, don't underestimate the power of prayer.
Re: . by sisisioge: 10:38am On May 01, 2020
eboniest:

That's is what she told me but this said man should have used common sense if not for selfishness and tell her to keep atleast 70percent of the money to herself knowing fully well that she has children even if he wants her to sow a seed.

True, he's a greedy morafoooker...most of them are. We church goers need to use our heads. Chai...I'm still thinking it.

Anyways, what you could do, go with her to see him and ask that he sows into your lives too. Reiterate how the seed you gave him has impacted your lives negatively and ask that he give back as much as he can. Also hint your willingness to testify in the church and on social media about his deed. Do this without confrontation o. It is well.

2 Likes

Re: . by Mariangeles(f): 10:40am On May 01, 2020
Ezennwa:
you Muslims will stay somewhere spewing rubbish just to tarnish the image of Christians, while your so called Imam's are busy committing atrocities.

My church that generate only #2,200naira every Sunday, and my pastor is a working class, the generated monies are being used to take care of the Church, now tell me where the Pastor defrauded anyone.

People perish for lack of knowledge

You can only speak for yourself.
Re: . by Idiotmod: 10:44am On May 01, 2020
Your mom is stupid if I may say. Gave and idiot 3.5 and she kept 800k
Ur mum has returned back to where she came from

Re: . by princessBB1(f): 10:58am On May 01, 2020
People should fear God
Re: . by Rekhina1(f): 11:01am On May 01, 2020
I don't have much to say, but remember, Jesus is the only way.
Re: . by yvelchstores(f): 11:39am On May 01, 2020
I don't believe the story. Something is not well said here.
Re: . by eboniest(f): 11:45am On May 01, 2020
yvelchstores:
I don't believe the story. Something is not well said here.
What don't you believe..
Re: . by eboniest(f): 11:47am On May 01, 2020
Idiotmod:
Your mom is stupid if I may say. Gave and idiot 3.5 and she kept 800k
Ur mum has returned back to where she came from
Don't insult my mum if that's how you insult yours.. please

3 Likes

Re: . by eboniest(f): 11:48am On May 01, 2020
sisisioge:

True, he's a greedy morafoooker...most of them are. We church goers need to use our heads. Chai...I'm still thinking it.

Anyways, what you could do, go with her to see him and ask that he sows into your lives too. Reiterate how the seed you gave him has impacted your lives negatively and ask that he give back as much as he can. Also hint your willingness to testify in the church and on social media about his deed. Do this without confrontation o. It is well.
Thanks very much..
Re: . by Idiotmod: 11:53am On May 01, 2020
eboniest:

Don't insult my mum if that's how you insult yours.. please
Why would my mom give pastor 3.5m, even is she doesn’t tell her husband she would tell us (children) b4 she do it

Re: . by Kachi188(m): 11:59am On May 01, 2020
sisisioge:

OP, i have to admit, this might be your best route to get Something back for your family.

1 Like

Re: . by Denique(f): 12:04pm On May 01, 2020
The chances of Lai Mohammed entering heaven are higher than that of your mother getting a kobo back from the 'god of man' undecided

Few questions to ascertain the possibility of ever getting anything back:
Was there any written agreement between both parties?

Any witness(es)?

Was it via Bank Transfer or Cash...If the former, did she put a note to it in the B.T description box?

Was she under duress?- Any proof to this??

Was she having 'a relationship with the god of man'?... No offense, pls... E get why...

If your answer is NO save for the last question undecided so, is your answer to getting a kobo back from YOUR FAMILY PASTOR IMPOSSIBLE undecided

@OP, just count it as a loss and move on... Don't be deceived by any charge and bail lawyer who didn't pass law school...

You have NO CASE!!!

2 Likes

Re: . by StrikeBack(m): 12:04pm On May 01, 2020
Great Fela sang

When trouble sleeps yanga go wake am.

Wetin you find

Wahala, you dey find wahala

He also sang,

You Africans, please listen to me as Africans
And you non-Africans, listen to me with open mind

Suffer, suffer, suffer, suffer, suffer
Suffer for world
Na your fault be that
Me I say: na your fault be that

I want you all to please take your minds
Out of this musical contraption
And put your minds into any goddamn church
Any goddamn mosque
Any goddamn Celestical
Including Seraphoom and Cheruboom

Now, we are all there now
Our minds are in those places
Here we go

Track "Fela Kuti"
on Bandsintown
Advisory - the following lyrics contain explicit language:

You Africans, please listen to me as Africans
And you non-Africans, listen to me with open mind

Suffer, suffer, suffer, suffer, suffer
Suffer for world
Na your fault be that
Me I say: na your fault be that

I want you all to please take your minds
Out of this musical contraption
And put your minds into any goddamn church
Any goddamn mosque
Any goddamn Celestical
Including Seraphoom and Cheruboom

Now, we are all there now
Our minds are in those places
Here we go

Lyrics continue below

Amen!

Suffer, suffer for world
Enjoy for Heaven
Christians go dey yab
"In Spiritum Heavinus"
Muslims go dey call
"Allahu Akbar"

Open you eye everywhere
Archbishop na miliki
Pope na enjoyment
Imam na gbaladun

[Chorus]
Archbishop dey enjoy
Pope self dey enjoy
Imam self dey enjoy
My brother wetin you say?
My brother wetin you say?

My sister wetin you go hear?
My sister wetin you go hear?

Archbishop dey for London
Pope dey for Rome
Imam dey for Mecca
Archbishop dey for London
Pope dey for Rome
Imam dey for Mecca

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: . by infogenius(m): 12:07pm On May 01, 2020
eboniest:
It happened about 7years ago.My mum attended a certain on man's church and the church happened to be owned by a family friend. My mum served with all her heart in this church even though my dad is late.. During this time,we were struggling to survive as nothing was moving atall for my family.After a while this man advised my mum to sell her only land property she had in order for her to start something.She and the man went together to sell the land not knowing this man has some mischievous plan.After it was sold for 4.3m, unknowing to me ,my mum gave this man 3.5m out of it saying that she used to sow a seed in the church and she had only 800k to herself..After covering some few expences like payment of school fees for me and my younger ones cause I was still in high institution that time,then paying of house rent and starting of a little buisness, she complained that the money has finished and she has been back to square one since then and she never opened up that she gave this man that some of money until yesterday that she opened up to us.. l have been very furious since yesterday cause she has been struggling since then with no money or family to rely on cause she's a widow and this said man has relocated his church to Abuja..So am seeking for advice, what can I do in this situation to collect the money back .
Thanks..

Do nothing since it was a seed she sowed or else I would get the money back for her.

Learn from her predicament and work hard to make her happy.
Re: . by Ezennwa(m): 12:19pm On May 01, 2020

6 Likes

Re: . by Graxie(f): 12:31pm On May 01, 2020
It wasn't the pastor's fault, Paul warned Timothy concerning women like your mom, 2Timothy 3v6. He even called them silly women. I hope you will learn from her mistakes.
Re: . by asapeola(m): 1:11pm On May 01, 2020
Dear OP, ask ur mum to come more openly to u.
1. Was she in an extra relationship with the man (u myt b shocked that the money wasn't actually a seed but an investment gone wrong);
2. If the above is true, its even better cos u could be able to get ur mum to testify that she gave him the money as a loan for an investment (even there's no paper trail) as far she can prove she really gave him the 3.5m.
3. U may trace the man's new location and simple narrate ur situation to him hoping he wld be compassionate enof to help or return part of the money.

All in all, ur mum really needs to come clean on all this. Pls ask her if she's got some other property she aint telling u guys yet!

Good luck!
Re: . by bukatyne(f): 1:17pm On May 01, 2020
eboniest:
Thanks..

How did the pastor dupe your mother

I even thought she was not paid for the land or something else.

Your mom, an adult decides to 'sow' about 80% of a transaction to her pastor and you call it dupe?
Re: . by SavageMaster: 1:48pm On May 01, 2020
eboniest:
Thanks..

Absolutely nothing.

You can only reach out to him, let him understand your Mum's condition, and appeal to his conscience.

That's all I'll say for now.
Re: . by drmikeadams(m): 2:34pm On May 01, 2020
DanseMacabre:

Oga take several seats behind abeg. As we speak those 'pastors' you defend are still defrauding gullible Nigerians of their hard-earned money.
;

D grin grin don't mind d religious fanatics,Evey body keeps defending their daddy GO meanwhile most of em are fake milking em dry
Re: . by drmikeadams(m): 2:36pm On May 01, 2020
bukatyne:

How did the pastor dupe your mother

I even thought she was not paid for the land or something else.

Your mom, an adult decides to 'sow' about 80% of a transaction to her pastor and you call it dupe?

Them no get case at all...people will learn d hard way with these pastors

Re: . by Nobody: 2:40pm On May 01, 2020
Who do we really blame? I'm not sure the pastor carried a gun. If your mum voluntarily donated her money to the 'pastor' then we can't really blame him.
Nigerians are generally foolish and they deserve a lot of what they get. Constantly being tossed around by pastors, politicians and miscreants.
What you guys should do now should be to beg the pastor to find you people something as upkeep.

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Pregnant Woman Blasts Anti-abortionists Outside Of London Clinic (video) / . /

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 66
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.