Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,834 members, 7,828,045 topics. Date: Tuesday, 14 May 2024 at 10:42 PM

Why Do Guys Lose Interest When A Lady Acts Interested In Them? - Romance (13) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / Why Do Guys Lose Interest When A Lady Acts Interested In Them? (70731 Views)

How Do I Make Guys Lose Interest In Me / Why do Guys Lose Interest In A Lady After They Have Slept With Her / Why do gay guys lose sensitivity in their anus after anal sex but women Don't ? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (10) (11) (12) (13) (14) (15) (16) ... (18) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Why Do Guys Lose Interest When A Lady Acts Interested In Them? by EmekaBlue(m): 8:40pm On May 01, 2020
TheABOMINATION:

The reason is most likely because you subconsciously started seeing her as an easy lady, a lady of loose morals that would easily accept any guy that asks her out. You most likely don't want to get involved with that kind of lady.

But you might be wrong about her though and she readily accepted because you are a guy she likes.
wow...this make alot of sense

i just dont know why i find it hard to keep up what i started and i know she will be upset because i can stay 2days without even saying hi on WhatsApp talk more of calling and showing commitment
Re: Why Do Guys Lose Interest When A Lady Acts Interested In Them? by Nikes(m): 8:41pm On May 01, 2020
Renida:

One lady I met, I had a dream before meeting her. I almost knelt begging her if she wouldn't accept my proposal let me be around her as I seldom have such strong instincts that life wanted me to be around a person, especially because I had a dream and saw her the day before. We met around Covenant University so I guess the environment polluted our relations. She kept assuming I wanted her cause she looked like she was rich despite the fact I was working. She refused regardless of the attempts I passed through, we maintained friendship where I call just twice in a year as I told her I didn't want friendship or brotherliness since she was single. I call her twice a year one at the start of the year, the other in the middle. The last time I called, someone picked, she had died. What happened, wrong blood transfusion or blood transfusion done wrongly. When we met I kept hearing the word, blood, blood, even as a Minister and in the Medical line I couldn't place it, if I remaining in her life, she will be alive today because I understood what happened into to. This is one event of regret, I chose to not be patient cause I didn't have things my way. Though life brought us together for free d ship and perhaps her moment of difficulty. Well she was someone else's responsibility and not me, but the new boyfriend mm couldn't handle the situationship

.. Other times the reverse was the case, many ladies saw me on low key and assumed he's a nobody, when they see my work ehtmmthics when working they come flocking, but then I've cut the thread. I then begin to see regrets in their faces.

Let's pray we don't regret in love. My mother's ex from over 45 years ago till today would call and say, if not your mother, if not your mother, cut the call. He does this once every year. There are persons of qualities life would send our way, if out of our own self importance we don't value people because they are the ones doing the chasing and not the other way around and abort our relationships, we will throw away the good along with the bad in the process.

Tolerance is key. Endurance is golden. Patience is a virtue. We should be patient with people..

CC Liliantalks

OMG. I dont know how to react to this but it's by far the best thing I've read all day
Re: Why Do Guys Lose Interest When A Lady Acts Interested In Them? by Renida: 8:46pm On May 01, 2020
Nikes:

OMG. I dont know how to react to this but it's by far the best thing I've read all day

We bless the Lord, we are unprofitable stewards
Re: Why Do Guys Lose Interest When A Lady Acts Interested In Them? by akinszz: 8:47pm On May 01, 2020
Johnson225:
Get a standard America table tennis court to keep busy during this lockdown. Delivery within and outside Lagos. Whatssap: 07065417708
how much?
Re: Why Do Guys Lose Interest When A Lady Acts Interested In Them? by Mystery9(m): 8:50pm On May 01, 2020
What the OP is saying is a true. I am Speaking from experience.
Re: Why Do Guys Lose Interest When A Lady Acts Interested In Them? by Lovexme(m): 8:53pm On May 01, 2020
piamily:
Oh ! I get you now. So you’re saying SOME Nigerian men really want ladies to play the hard to get very hard then. So why are they complaining. Well then I’ll keep playing it hard as usual since they think it was bread and butter they got in a platter of gold

I don't belong to that school of thought that says a lady must play hard to get for a very long time or that a lady can't ask a guy out.

I've been in relationships where the ladies asked me out. The trick is to be sure the guy likes you enough to want to go out with you too.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Why Do Guys Lose Interest When A Lady Acts Interested In Them? by MainForeigner: 8:57pm On May 01, 2020
U think it's ur thing to play hard to get? Maybe what he expected wasn't exactly what he got.
Re: Why Do Guys Lose Interest When A Lady Acts Interested In Them? by humilitypays(m): 8:58pm On May 01, 2020
piamily:
I have noticed men especially African men loose interest when a lady becomes interested in them even just a bit. I really don’t get it.

Do men expect women to hate them even when the men love the women? Cos I don’t understand if it should be mutual or not

Your views please
the reason is because it is mostly the ugly ladies that are far below the guy's desire or taste that show love or affection to the guy, in Nigeria pretty/hot ladies hardly show interest in guys first in, but outside Nigeria, it is even the pretty and hot ladies that go after guys making it difficult for the guy to resist, hope u understand it now

Men are highly visual beings, their eyes must eat before their heart and others

2 Likes

Re: Why Do Guys Lose Interest When A Lady Acts Interested In Them? by Nobody: 8:59pm On May 01, 2020
Triplerg:
This is Africa. As a lady in this part of the world, you should show covert rather than overt interest in a guy. This is due to the skewed mentality we have that ladies who show overt interest in a guy are cheap and tend to be promiscuous. I advise you ladies to thread cautiously when it comes to showing your emotions to guys

True.
Re: Why Do Guys Lose Interest When A Lady Acts Interested In Them? by humilitypays(m): 9:02pm On May 01, 2020
piamily:
Oh ! I get you now. So you’re saying Nigerian men really want ladies to play the hard to get very hard then. So why are they complaining. Well then I’ll keep playing it hard as usual since they think it was bread and butter they got in a platter of gold

Don't let some dummy guys deceive you, no sensible guy want his desired lady to play hard to get, only local boys aka agberos and playboys who are used to hard life expect ladies to play hard to get before they value her.

The problem mostly lie with the physical look of the lady in question. In as much as guys make so much noise that they want ladies with good character, their first expectation is for the lady to be physically attractive and appealing to them, and if the lady does not meet that physical expectation, it leads to cold feet or withdrawal of interest by the guy in question.

A guy may approach u the day you were looking so sweet, maybe putting on one of your best outfits and looking sexy, and then later after he meets u again in close range, he starts to see an ugly person than the person he first met.....he may notice some strange unappealing look which could make him withdraw cry

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: Why Do Guys Lose Interest When A Lady Acts Interested In Them? by ibksiv(m): 9:06pm On May 01, 2020
LordShiva97:

Speak for yourself sir, some of us wants to be chased undecided

Lol. Oya start to run make dem chase you na. grin

1 Like

Re: Why Do Guys Lose Interest When A Lady Acts Interested In Them? by lanibi(f): 9:07pm On May 01, 2020
James4bright:

It's just immaturity and nothing else.

I met a girl some weeks ago, starting wooing her immediately I saw her walking in her building, this girl made me talk for too long without saying anything back, but I could catch those little grins and smiles she tried to hide, I knew she liked me but was playing hard to get. Lastly she gave me her number but I didn't even think of calling. Am I mad ni? I hate pretentious and fake people.
Don't you think you're being extreme? How do you expect a lady you just met on the road to give you a"yes" immediately?
Seems you have ego issues undecided
Re: Why Do Guys Lose Interest When A Lady Acts Interested In Them? by Benjamin4388(m): 9:08pm On May 01, 2020
piamily:
I have noticed men especially African men loose interest when a lady becomes interested in them even just a bit. I really don’t get it.

Do men expect women to hate them even when the men love the women? Cos I don’t understand if it should be mutual or not

Your views please

Difference in perspective
Read free ebooks
https://mobile.facebook.com/Plug-e-books-106147304421043/?ref=bookmarks
Re: Why Do Guys Lose Interest When A Lady Acts Interested In Them? by lanibi(f): 9:08pm On May 01, 2020
James4bright:

It's just immaturity and nothing else.

I met a girl some weeks ago, starting wooing her immediately I saw her walking in her building, this girl made me talk for too long without saying anything back, but I could catch those little grins and smiles she tried to hide, I knew she liked me but was playing hard to get. Lastly she gave me her number but I didn't even think of calling. Am I mad ni? I hate pretentious and fake people.
Don't you think you're being extreme? How can you expect a lady you just met to give you a "yes"?
Seems you have ego issues
Re: Why Do Guys Lose Interest When A Lady Acts Interested In Them? by humilitypays(m): 9:15pm On May 01, 2020
Renida:

I didn't say Nigerian men. I simply wrote about some persons, male and female, humans in general. It's psychological immaturity. Don't let their immaturity lead you to form new unhealthy habits. If you like the person, keep them far, and watch them beg for your attention as they outgrow their mental posturing. For now, go for where you're worshipped, not where you're tolerated

As for me, I don't want a lady I have interest in making it hard, at my age, level of maturity, five minutes is what I want to bear chasing anyone. Nothing more. In fact, I rather be chased
Preach it grin
Re: Why Do Guys Lose Interest When A Lady Acts Interested In Them? by humilitypays(m): 9:20pm On May 01, 2020
lanibi:
Don't you think you're being extreme? How can you expect a lady you just met to give you a "yes"?
He is not being extreme, ladies need to learn decorum, for a guy to summon the courage to walk up to you a stranger and start telling u he likes u, he deserves some little respect, and if you show sign of arrogance when a guy approaches you, a reasonable guy will never call you even after collecting your number and you the lady may lose your best man ever like that. Only foolish playboys chasing any lady for sex endure some nonsense attitudes from ladies in the name of chasing a girl, well to do men with purpose and on a good mission hardly endure it cos they feel bad knowing the thought they have for u is good and u let them down.

5 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Why Do Guys Lose Interest When A Lady Acts Interested In Them? by waynetee(m): 9:20pm On May 01, 2020
Soo simple.. In the beginning, a guy get obsessed with a girl because he thought she is perfect (as per the girl never show her human part I.e, make mistakes, show love, lie, do like his ex etc) once she starts showing she's human too... Then guys thinks they girls don't deserve their love again and looks for something bigger but in end it's still same thing

Ps:Most guys have Narcissistic Personality Disorder (NPD)
They cant love unconditionally
Re: Why Do Guys Lose Interest When A Lady Acts Interested In Them? by lanibi(f): 9:25pm On May 01, 2020
humilitypays:
He is not being extreme, ladies need to learn decorum, for a guy to summon the courage to walk up to you a stranger and start telling u he likes u, he deserves some little respect, and if you show sign of arrogance when a guy approaches you, a reasonable guy will never call you even after collecting your number and you the lady may lose your best man ever like that. Only foolish playboys chasing any lady for sex endure some nonsense attitudes from ladies in the name of chasing a girl, well to do men with purpose and on a good mission hardly endure it cos they feel bad knowing the thought they have for u is good and u let them down.
I'm not in for "hard to get" games but he just said the lady smiled back at him which depicts politeness. What do you guys want sef?

1 Like

Re: Why Do Guys Lose Interest When A Lady Acts Interested In Them? by Judolisco(m): 9:26pm On May 01, 2020
piamily:

Your views please
even when u tell a guy yes, still maintain the same attitude when he was chasing you but in a different type of way... But now u say yes 2day d guy starts banging you 2mrw, or you say yes 2day and you start rushing the guy meet my siblings send me money, are not going to meet my parents... The guy will jst be pissed off not hate but tired
Re: Why Do Guys Lose Interest When A Lady Acts Interested In Them? by thegloor: 9:27pm On May 01, 2020
piamily:

Your views please

The women do same thing
Re: Why Do Guys Lose Interest When A Lady Acts Interested In Them? by Renida: 9:28pm On May 01, 2020
humilitypays:
Preach it grin

grin
Re: Why Do Guys Lose Interest When A Lady Acts Interested In Them? by alomeda600(m): 9:36pm On May 01, 2020
xrayj:

It apply to both genders, if u show interest in someone that does not like u, it won't change what they feel towards u. But when u show interest in someone who likes u, he will naturally reciprocate. U ladies feel once u show interest in any man, he should reciprocate, because u are a lady, it doesn't work like that. A man also need to feel something for u.
One origin bottle for you

1 Like

Re: Why Do Guys Lose Interest When A Lady Acts Interested In Them? by thegloor: 9:37pm On May 01, 2020
piamily:
Oh ! I get you now. So you’re saying Nigerian men really want ladies to play the hard to get very hard then. So why are they complaining. Well then I’ll keep playing it hard as usual since they think it was bread and butter they got in a platter of gold

He said SOME PEOPLE
i hate stressing myself
Re: Why Do Guys Lose Interest When A Lady Acts Interested In Them? by SaintChukz(m): 9:40pm On May 01, 2020
frankkydee:

That may be becos they sensed that the reason for you getting interested in them is for your personal benefits and not for a mutual benefits

This is the main reason!

2 Likes

Re: Why Do Guys Lose Interest When A Lady Acts Interested In Them? by Nobody: 9:47pm On May 01, 2020
Renida:

I'll stay here to read comments. At times when the guy pursues and purses and purses, it's oftentimes when the other party picks interest, his begin to dry up

You spot on... I don't see no point chasing someone who's not ready to reciprocate her feelings.. But instead building walls as you trying to pull em down...

I just don't wanna be emotionally connected to anyone for now.... Maybe forever..

1 Like

Re: Why Do Guys Lose Interest When A Lady Acts Interested In Them? by lookingfly: 9:47pm On May 01, 2020
piamily:
Okay. There’s thing guy I met one time last year. So he came up bold and said he was interested in a relationship. He didn’t even waste time. I was impressed . Normally I was supposed to dish out my “naija shakara girls style” you know, but I didn’t . After some days I agreed to date him.

I found out he’s easy going so I decided to give in and be mutual with the love and attraction etc. as soon as I got interested, he withdrew.

I noticed it . I don’t understand why a man will do this. Was he not interested? And does he expect the woman to hate him.

I see some men complain about ladies being hard to get and now a lady didn’t play that much hard yet the man withdrew a bit. Still don’t get men sometimes sha

me personally don't want ladies that play hard to get because am not cut for any drama. Just of resent, a
I notice a lady was seriously interested in me, i reciprocated by asking for her number, she gave me a wrong number and started acting up since that day. As a guy man that has no time for nonsense, I didn't say anything about the wrong number and i just moved on.

2 Likes

Re: Why Do Guys Lose Interest When A Lady Acts Interested In Them? by godfreytom(m): 9:48pm On May 01, 2020
piamily:
This is a different scenario.cos here you’re saying the girl made the move.

I’m actually saying that In my case the man made the move

To be frank, "it is not all the flies that visit a wound want to feast on it. Some are only there to take a look" - African proverb.

There are many men who ask out a very beautiful girl for what i call VALIDATION. They only want to see if such beautiful ladies would find them good enough to date. They lose interest easily in relationships before it gets serious, not because they are not serious-minded, but because their motive was not to sleep or go intimate with her. Such men only "play games" with the girl they find to be very attractive, just to see how far they can go.

Once they get you to like them, they have achieved what they wanted and lose interest naturally. This is what you are experiencing.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Why Do Guys Lose Interest When A Lady Acts Interested In Them? by tintingz(m): 9:51pm On May 01, 2020
boyjo:

You didn't get it.

The guy approached her first.
She liked him and agreed to date him without delay; she reciprocated his interest.
And as soon as she did, he withdrew.

Such guy just want to get into her pants or confused.
Re: Why Do Guys Lose Interest When A Lady Acts Interested In Them? by Rawhumper(m): 9:51pm On May 01, 2020
Truly i dont like ladies to really be into me,i like to make the move.
Yeah i have bleeped girls that showed interest in parties and in the street.
The lady i just got on the street,she just showed interest and i made the move.
In less a week she was saying she loves me well i dont see anything wrong with it but if its the other way round,d chic will say u dont know anything about her and u saying u love her.
I have met chics that said d love me same day,others in less than few days

piamily:

Your views please

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Why Do Guys Lose Interest When A Lady Acts Interested In Them? by Risentouch(m): 9:52pm On May 01, 2020
Renida:

I'll stay here to read comments. At times when the guy pursues and purses and purses, it's oftentimes when the other party picks interest, his begin to dry up

Same thing with me after the long run, I may still make sure I get her, but to be honest the relationship might not even last past a month, because most of the feelings I have for her is faded
Re: Why Do Guys Lose Interest When A Lady Acts Interested In Them? by James4bright(m): 9:52pm On May 01, 2020
lanibi:

It took forever to get her to say something back to me. I was just standing and talking like a fool.

It has nothing to do with my ego, I just don't like people who pretend. Be yourself, you won't die.
Re: Why Do Guys Lose Interest When A Lady Acts Interested In Them? by biggy26: 9:54pm On May 01, 2020
Johnson225:
Get a standard America table tennis court to keep busy during this lockdown. Delivery within and outside Lagos. Whatssap: 07065417708
Cost?

(1) (2) (3) ... (10) (11) (12) (13) (14) (15) (16) ... (18) (Reply)

Ladies,,,, Get To Know 7 Ways To Drive Your Man Wild! / Reasons Why Ladies Send Unclad Pictures / Man Proposes To Girlfriend At Her Birthday Party Sponsored By Her Sugar Daddy

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 120
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.