Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,016 members, 7,817,999 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 03:14 AM

IMF Lists Unpopular Policies CBN Must Reverse - Business (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / IMF Lists Unpopular Policies CBN Must Reverse (49460 Views)

CBN Must Balance New Naira Notes / Fight Breaks Out In Banking Hall As Bank Refuses To Reverse Customers' Money / Despite Nigeria Border Closure, Benin Republic Maintains Strong Economy - IMF (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: IMF Lists Unpopular Policies CBN Must Reverse by Jamiuolatoye(m): 2:24pm On May 01, 2020
CBN fit comply with this?? Let see the next Move
Re: IMF Lists Unpopular Policies CBN Must Reverse by lastempero: 2:24pm On May 01, 2020
These people never had our good in mind,thats why they keep borrowing rogues in govt billions to squander knowing quite well that the masses will not benefit from it.

1 Like

Re: IMF Lists Unpopular Policies CBN Must Reverse by kayjay69(m): 2:24pm On May 01, 2020
God bless you good man. God bless you.
Blue3k:
These changes would be great but they wont do it. Buhari's economic policies have proven to be failures. Nigeria consistently had low growth and high rates of unemployment every quarter. The central bank policy was contradictory on its face. You want strong currency that encourages imports. Then you ban goods arbitrarily because you save forex to create jobs.

Lol people will foolishly argue the IMF is turning them into slaves like they forced them take money. Everyone knows the IMF is the lend of last resort. If the country fixed it's economy itself you wouldn't be running cap in hand.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: IMF Lists Unpopular Policies CBN Must Reverse by Nobody: 2:26pm On May 01, 2020
Buhari, who go pay that loan?
Re: IMF Lists Unpopular Policies CBN Must Reverse by CasNova: 2:27pm On May 01, 2020
Happy Workers' Day
Re: IMF Lists Unpopular Policies CBN Must Reverse by Blue3k(m): 2:27pm On May 01, 2020
kayjay69:
God bless you good man. God bless you.

Thank you I appreciate your kindness..

1 Like

Re: IMF Lists Unpopular Policies CBN Must Reverse by rusher14: 2:27pm On May 01, 2020
Yankee101:
The IMF always trying to control developing countries

Improve imports and flood your country with cheap, substandard foreign products of their masters. They'll never talk of growing local content

All cos of small $3b, which if we had diversified our economy shouldn't be a problem. Okonjo created an excess crude account, Ameachi took her to court to share the money. Today nko?

Because every time they had a meeting, they found the funds were being depleted.

In any case, without any judgement, Jonathan wilfully signed off for states to receive their aliquot share.

1 Like

Re: IMF Lists Unpopular Policies CBN Must Reverse by israelmao(m): 2:28pm On May 01, 2020
I hope finance minister and CBN governor including National Assembly saw how unpopular its policies were before signing the dotted line or before they passed it on to Buhari for assent?
Re: IMF Lists Unpopular Policies CBN Must Reverse by tweakdude1: 2:28pm On May 01, 2020
ignis:
A beggar always have no choice.

Beggars always have a choice "which is to beg"
Re: IMF Lists Unpopular Policies CBN Must Reverse by wink2015(m): 2:29pm On May 01, 2020
Why is IMF not advising federal government to diversify the economy.

Nigeria need to invest in Agriculture.

1 Like

Re: IMF Lists Unpopular Policies CBN Must Reverse by wink2015(m): 2:29pm On May 01, 2020
wink2015:

Nigeria need to invest in Agriculture.
Re: IMF Lists Unpopular Policies CBN Must Reverse by courage89(m): 2:29pm On May 01, 2020
Hold on ... I thought this was initially termed as a grant. What happened?

2 Likes

Re: IMF Lists Unpopular Policies CBN Must Reverse by kokomilala(m): 2:30pm On May 01, 2020
I was surprised at the swift magnanimity of the IMF.Nigeria was the first country to benefit from such a gesture in this pandemic.
I honestly hope they direct the money where it's most needed.
Re: IMF Lists Unpopular Policies CBN Must Reverse by rusher14: 2:30pm On May 01, 2020
wink2015:

Nigeria need to invest I'm Agriculture.

Nigerians aren't interested in diversifying.

Didn't you see the resistance by the populace to ordinary local rice production?

Is it the same set of retards you expect to embrace even more technologically savvy processes?

8 Likes 2 Shares

Re: IMF Lists Unpopular Policies CBN Must Reverse by OkoroPeugeot(m): 2:31pm On May 01, 2020
The borrower is slave to the lender
Re: IMF Lists Unpopular Policies CBN Must Reverse by bbode1(m): 2:31pm On May 01, 2020
The only way to generate more cash flow and increase employment is to place ban on the 41 items. Which the Nigerian economy as done. And it's yielding effects on rice production already. Imf policy to remove those ban will only cause a ripple effect on what the Nigerian economy is trying to grow. Yes we need forex. But the only way is by generating more goods for export in which we have a superlative advantage.
For now, it's the oil.. But we have the population and population is power.
I advise the government to copy from China. We need a micro economy country where the power of the economy is on the small scale businesses.
The only way is by banks granting loans to small business owners. The cbn needs to check some of its monentry policies. And pull down the rigged method of borrowing money from the bank

7 Likes 4 Shares

Re: IMF Lists Unpopular Policies CBN Must Reverse by abobote: 2:31pm On May 01, 2020
hmm
Re: IMF Lists Unpopular Policies CBN Must Reverse by Blue3k(m): 2:31pm On May 01, 2020
wink2015:

Nigeria need to invest I'm Agriculture.

They already told Nigeria to diversify economy ad nauseam.
Re: IMF Lists Unpopular Policies CBN Must Reverse by evergreen9: 2:33pm On May 01, 2020
AlhajaChinyere:

Dull inexperienced? How did the ugly fat yamlegged world bank woman do?
Until we as a people start producing what we consume we might as well stop procreating!!! We are currently just surviving and of no use to the world!

The uglyfat yam legged woman cleared all our debts but then you fools went on to hire a polytechnic attendee as minister of finance and the rest as they say is history

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: IMF Lists Unpopular Policies CBN Must Reverse by adioolayi(m): 2:34pm On May 01, 2020
So IMF seriously wants CBN to lift ban on those 41 items including toothpicks

They should leave us alone... slowly economic diversification is yielding results...We want to support Nigeria by buying made in Nigeria to grow Nigeria

5 Likes 2 Shares

Re: IMF Lists Unpopular Policies CBN Must Reverse by Corporate2020: 2:34pm On May 01, 2020
AlhajaChinyere:
Useless, indisciplined race of idiots. Black Africans will suffer from generation to generation. Like stupid slaves they will spenf the borrowed money on consumer products to big up against each other.

190m idiots that produces nothing!

This is MAD 501: Principles and Practices of Advanced Madness
Re: IMF Lists Unpopular Policies CBN Must Reverse by Senatorbng(m): 2:35pm On May 01, 2020
I dont trust imf
Re: IMF Lists Unpopular Policies CBN Must Reverse by emmnprince(m): 2:35pm On May 01, 2020
Chinese are not investing in Africa. Chinese are on a mission to enslave Africa in the future. They cannot try that with the Europeans or the Americans the Australians, but Africa. Africa need to wise up. If not, they are potential future slave.

I pray you live up to 390 years to experience the enslavement of Africa, and you also a slave.

1 Like

Re: IMF Lists Unpopular Policies CBN Must Reverse by 9jatriot(m): 2:37pm On May 01, 2020
In my experience, when you are a developing country and IMF says you should do left, please ensure you do right. The kind of advise they give developing countries is not the same they give countries in the EU.
Around 2015, Argentina took their advice, PMB refused. If you think Nigeria is bad, go and look for news report about Argentina even before the Coronavirus, you will know that we have been largely fortunate.

4 Likes 2 Shares

Re: IMF Lists Unpopular Policies CBN Must Reverse by Kobicove(m): 2:39pm On May 01, 2020
rottennaija:
Abeg make IMF rear matter na? Na wetin? We have been a puppet of the west for so long practicing their voodoo economic policies and how has that benefited us?

Abeg, make we practice China model small and see if it will be of good use to use. Especially now that China is investing massively in Africa.

China is not investing because they love Africans so much.

They are investing because they I directly want to take over Africa?

2 Likes

Re: IMF Lists Unpopular Policies CBN Must Reverse by femeritus: 2:40pm On May 01, 2020
All we hear are loans with no development. Obasanjo did not take us to the promised land but paid our loans and got some loan pardons too to ensure the nation was set on a new path. His successors should have consolidated on that. The present administration knows nothing than going on a borrowing spree with NOTHING to show for it
No power, no water, no good roads, refineries are just a shadow of themselves, no good healthcare, education is suffering, security is hmmm. Please I need someone to educate me on what the achievements of this administration are.
Re: IMF Lists Unpopular Policies CBN Must Reverse by rusher14: 2:41pm On May 01, 2020
emmnprince:
Chinese are not investing in Africa. Chinese are on a mission to enslave Africa in the future. They cannot try that with the Europeans or the Americans the Australians, but Africa. Africa need to wise up. If not, they are potential future slave.

I pray you live up to 390 years to experience the enslavement of Africa, and you also a slave.

They are investing in Africa.

We've seen the infrastructure upon which loans are predicated.

It is left for African countries to monetize those infrastructure so as to offset the cost if the loans as contractually agreed.

All the ecological loans the World Bank gave for the Lake Chad basin are in the pockets of the likes of Atiku.

Save us the story on enslavement.

We have enough time to get our act together to offset the terms of the loans and that should be the thrust of your argument.

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: IMF Lists Unpopular Policies CBN Must Reverse by crestedaguiyi: 2:41pm On May 01, 2020
this policy will throw the economy into the waiting arms of the igbos. dont say i didnt warn you.

i will probably open a thread for it so that when you start wailing, i will remind you.
Re: IMF Lists Unpopular Policies CBN Must Reverse by Kay17: 2:44pm On May 01, 2020
Yankee101:
The IMF always trying to control developing countries

Improve imports and flood your country with cheap, substandard foreign products of their masters. They'll never talk of growing local content

All cos of small $3b, which if we had diversified our economy shouldn't be a problem. Okonjo created an excess crude account, Ameachi took her to court to share the money. Today nko?

It is likely that FX value will skyrocket thus making imports less attractive.

1 Like

Re: IMF Lists Unpopular Policies CBN Must Reverse by Chidonc(m): 2:44pm On May 01, 2020
AlhajaChinyere:

Dull inexperienced? How did the ugly fat yamlegged world bank woman do?
Until we as a people start producing what we consume we might as well stop procreating!!! We are currently just surviving and of no use to the world!
High quality stupidity is not common. I pull cap for you.

1 Like

Re: IMF Lists Unpopular Policies CBN Must Reverse by ekestic1976(f): 2:45pm On May 01, 2020
omonnakoda:

What number are you?

And the rest of his Clan.
Re: IMF Lists Unpopular Policies CBN Must Reverse by Ikjosh04: 2:46pm On May 01, 2020
Macsjebs:
Really not easy marketing here coz you have to do so much posting in a bid to convince Nairalanders to check your signature without assurance that those who do would reach you on whatsapp to place orders...

Little wonder they say business involves taking risk; in my view, it involves exercising faith too.

There is a thin line btw Risk and Faith. Also btw Faith and foolishness. Just do your thing and follow your heart while using your head. Woe to any man who put his trust in a man

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

Interested Partners For Importation Business Meeting Zone / Stamp Duty Charges Extended To Savings Account / Man Struggles With ATM Machine After His Money Got Stuck In Edo State. Photos

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 31
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.