Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,678 members, 7,816,780 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 05:02 PM

IMF Lists Unpopular Policies CBN Must Reverse - Business (7) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / IMF Lists Unpopular Policies CBN Must Reverse (49456 Views)

CBN Must Balance New Naira Notes / Fight Breaks Out In Banking Hall As Bank Refuses To Reverse Customers' Money / Despite Nigeria Border Closure, Benin Republic Maintains Strong Economy - IMF (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: IMF Lists Unpopular Policies CBN Must Reverse by Nasa28(m): 10:35pm On May 02, 2020
AlhajaChinyere:

USA can afford to do so. Why? Because the USA pays for its import in US $, its own currency!!!!!
Reason why its wealth is almost limitless.

We (the biggest fools on Earth, hence our horrific poverty) choose to spend hard currency buying rice and other simple stuff that we (if we are really human beings) should be able to produce easily ourselves.

You and I know that buying of rice and other things is not our problem.

Our major problem which the government can solve is importation of refined crude. But, due to their cluelessness, they refused.
Re: IMF Lists Unpopular Policies CBN Must Reverse by AlhajaChinyere: 11:07pm On May 02, 2020
Nasa28:

You and I know that buying of rice and other things is not our problem.

Our major problem which the government can solve is importation of refined crude. But, due to their cluelessness, they refused.

I spent 25 years of my life blaming "government" until I got to USA and after a short period of time I realised that the "government" is precisely a small sample of a country's population. It was a revealing moment.

The vast majority of Nigerians are rogues, invariably the government will display the same character.
Re: IMF Lists Unpopular Policies CBN Must Reverse by Nasa28(m): 10:31am On May 03, 2020
AlhajaChinyere:

I spent 25 years of my life blaming "government" until I got to USA and after a short period of time I realised that the "government" is precisely a small sample of a country's population. It was a revealing moment.

The vast majority of Nigerians are rogues, invariably the government will display the same character.
I disagree.
Re: IMF Lists Unpopular Policies CBN Must Reverse by Kay17: 10:50pm On May 05, 2020
darediamond:

Ever give thought to why IMF likes borrowers especially Africans and more importantly NIGERIA a "STRATEGIC COUNTRY"?
THE SCENES BEHIND THE SCENES YOU KNOW ARE NOT THE SAME SCENES BEHIND THE SCENES YOU DO NOT KNOW.

DO YOU REMEMBER HOW ABACHA TREATED I.M.F DURING IS MILITARY REIGN IN NIGERIA AND WHY?

WITH I.M.F .AFRICA IS DOOMED!

But it appears that IMF is able to force the Nigerian govt to take the proper belt tying policies it ought to have pursued without being told. The govt has always known it had an overbloated public sector, yet it did nothing about it. From my view, the govt through its lousy policies has got itself in this position and condition.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

Interested Partners For Importation Business Meeting Zone / Stamp Duty Charges Extended To Savings Account / Man Struggles With ATM Machine After His Money Got Stuck In Edo State. Photos

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 11
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.