Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,238 members, 7,818,803 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 04:32 AM

Implementation Guidelines For Gradual Easing Of Lockdown - Politics (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Implementation Guidelines For Gradual Easing Of Lockdown (34643 Views)

Buhari Blames 16 Years Of PDP For Gradual Collapse Of Ruling APC / Buhari Extends Gradual Ease Of Lockdown In Lagos, Abuja, Ogun By 2 Weeks / Guidelines For Easing Of Lockdown By Presidential Task Force (PTF) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Implementation Guidelines For Gradual Easing Of Lockdown by dederocs(m): 7:55pm On May 01, 2020
Jones4190:
How Spanish flu killed more than 50 million people and yet USA and the rest of the world including Nigeria refused to lean from it. This lesson could help avoid a repeat with coronavirus
That was the 1918 influenza pandemic. The virus was often called the "Spanish flu," even though it didn't originate in Spain. The pandemic ravaged the world like wildfire, killing more than 50 million people globally and about 675,000 in the US alone
"The intensity and speed with which it struck were almost unimaginable -- infecting one-third of the Earth's population
Fast-forward to 2020, and the novel coronavirus is also spreading with astonishing speed over 3 millions as of today with over two hundred dead already.
One of the painful lessons learned from the 1918 pandemic is still relevant today but government want to neglect it for fear of loose economy "letting up on social distancing too soon"
During the Spanish flu pandemic, people stopped distancing too early, "exactly what Nigeria government want to do as from Tuesday next week" leading to a second wave of infections that was deadlier than the first, In fact, one large gathering near the end of the first wave in 1918 helped fuel the deadlier second wave.
In San Francisco, USA for instance when the number of Spanish flu cases was almost down to zero, "the city fathers said, 'Let's open up the city. Let's have a great big parade downtown. We'll all take off our masks together,'"
"Two months later, because of that event, the great influenza came back again roaring."
On the other side of the US, Philadelphia suffered a similar fate.
Even though 600 sailors from the Philadelphia Navy Yard had the Spanish flu in September 1918, the city didn't cancel a parade scheduled for September 28, 1918. The results were devastating
Three days later, Philadelphia had 635 new cases of the Spanish flu, a pity for my dear country if PMB ask Nigeria to resume work on Tuesday
"Quickly, Philadelphia became the city with the highest influenza death toll in the US, by contrast st Louis which schedule a similar parade but conceled it fared much better.
"The next month, more than 10,000 people in Philadelphia died from pandemic flu, while the death toll in Saint Louis did not rise above 700,"

The so called economy should not be use as a basic to killed Nigerians.

Let us lean from the past experience

God bless you
sleep inside with your family, this is not 1918
Re: Implementation Guidelines For Gradual Easing Of Lockdown by dederocs(m): 7:56pm On May 01, 2020
ehhmah:
shocked

Now they are speaking with two mouths.
Nigerians are inherently stubborn.
This is Medicine after death.

So many people will not adhere to it.

This is ain’t funny
stay at home...do you know 55million people die worldwide yearly, normally...
Re: Implementation Guidelines For Gradual Easing Of Lockdown by Coronaviruses: 7:58pm On May 01, 2020
Re: Implementation Guidelines For Gradual Easing Of Lockdown by paulolee(m): 7:58pm On May 01, 2020
dederocs:

we need solutions not all these talks.
no nid for my solutoons bcoz its not relevant...na jus d vaccine we need to stop al diz..
Re: Implementation Guidelines For Gradual Easing Of Lockdown by RAYAM(f): 8:00pm On May 01, 2020
We should know that covid-19 is still real, in fact, the number keeps increasing daily. So, if you may ask why did the government has to ease the lock down despite the increase in the number of confirm cases, to me, the answer is because Government knows that they cannot take care of her people and the people must eat. We must know that we are on our own. Let us maintain the social distance rules, wash our hands regularly, use your face mask. No carry Waka,because nobody can love you than yourself.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Implementation Guidelines For Gradual Easing Of Lockdown by iamdapsyj(m): 8:01pm On May 01, 2020
datola:
It's not bad. The purpose of the partial curfew is what I don't understand.

people are sneaking into other states during that time (8pm-6am)

3 Likes

Re: Implementation Guidelines For Gradual Easing Of Lockdown by odinga1of: 8:03pm On May 01, 2020
Kate06:
Who wrote that Memo unbehalf the secretary to the Federal Govt?

Is that the spelling of 'Federation'?

Meanwhile,let's make some money via trading.

Time to trade Bitcoin & get some good profits.

I need just 10 people to join me with 100 euro each to get massive monthly profits from trading. Each investor will get as low as 100 euro profit at the end of each month guaranteed.

I made 74 euro profits last week & I have been making it weekly with just 500 euro capital.Quote post to start investing now.

Our members have started getting good profits already..

Quote post to indicate interest.

I am interested
Re: Implementation Guidelines For Gradual Easing Of Lockdown by dederocs(m): 8:03pm On May 01, 2020
paulolee:

no nid for my solutoons bcoz its not relevant...na jus d vaccine we need to stop al diz..
Its good we make sense, hunger kills faster than Corona, hunger can kill 80/100, Corona kill 5/100...lets be realistic in our submissions, to continue the lockdown is mass deaths, violence, crime and economic depression, follow the numbers, talk sensibly
Re: Implementation Guidelines For Gradual Easing Of Lockdown by Nobody: 8:06pm On May 01, 2020
Everything related to Govt in this country re pointless, There is a restaurant in Igando, very close to Igando Police, the bar & Restaurants re always open for the public, its seems a high ranking officer is related to the person who owned the restaurant, virtually almost all the Igando eat and wine at the Bar.. Like i said the restaurant is less than 10meters to the polices station.
Re: Implementation Guidelines For Gradual Easing Of Lockdown by grtcj: 8:07pm On May 01, 2020
HITMEUP4ANYBIZ:
any deal ?

Thank God the lockdown is being eased, but at least, tests should be carried out, on a very large scale, lockdown is to limit community transfer and for our isolation centre not to be full

I have an active PIA VPN that’ll expire by MAY 2021

Buzz me if you need for a lil amount, and there are legit things you can use VPN for

Phone number please.
Re: Implementation Guidelines For Gradual Easing Of Lockdown by MrDebonair: 8:08pm On May 01, 2020
Easing lockdown, when nothing has been achieved during lockdown.

Lockdown with no purpose of direction, no increase in texting capacity.

Lockdown no strategic target. No Results.

Shame Really.
Re: Implementation Guidelines For Gradual Easing Of Lockdown by guru90: 8:10pm On May 01, 2020
When I was in high institution back in de days... we gat timetable for lecturers via their courses.

Now..

Now we are working......

FG don brought out their timetable for our works...

We don suffer for this country.
Re: Implementation Guidelines For Gradual Easing Of Lockdown by HITMEUP4ANYBIZ(m): 8:10pm On May 01, 2020
grtcj:

Phone number please.

+1.281. 8007-519
Re: Implementation Guidelines For Gradual Easing Of Lockdown by HITMEUP4ANYBIZ(m): 8:11pm On May 01, 2020
sleeknick:

Interested

+1 281—— 800 ...7519
Re: Implementation Guidelines For Gradual Easing Of Lockdown by mrtender: 8:11pm On May 01, 2020
OK o
Re: Implementation Guidelines For Gradual Easing Of Lockdown by elsavado(m): 8:15pm On May 01, 2020
Ernerstdavid55:
grin wait o church nko I no see church there my people abi we no go woship again?

Churches are to remain lockdown?

1 Like

Re: Implementation Guidelines For Gradual Easing Of Lockdown by ensamy(m): 8:21pm On May 01, 2020
Ernerstdavid55:
grin wait o church nko I no see church there my people abi we no go woship again?

Religious gatherings means church and mosque... shocked shocked shocked shocked check again

1 Like

Re: Implementation Guidelines For Gradual Easing Of Lockdown by Raalsalghul: 8:21pm On May 01, 2020
Jones4190:
[s]How Spanish flu killed more than 50 million people and yet USA and the rest of the world including Nigeria refused to lean from it. This lesson could help avoid a repeat with coronavirus
That was the 1918 influenza pandemic. The virus was often called the "Spanish flu," even though it didn't originate in Spain. The pandemic ravaged the world like wildfire, killing more than 50 million people globally and about 675,000 in the US alone
"The intensity and speed with which it struck were almost unimaginable -- infecting one-third of the Earth's population
Fast-forward to 2020, and the novel coronavirus is also spreading with astonishing speed over 3 millions as of today with over two hundred dead already.
One of the painful lessons learned from the 1918 pandemic is still relevant today but government want to neglect it for fear of loose economy "letting up on social distancing too soon"
During the Spanish flu pandemic, people stopped distancing too early, "exactly what Nigeria government want to do as from Tuesday next week" leading to a second wave of infections that was deadlier than the first, In fact, one large gathering near the end of the first wave in 1918 helped fuel the deadlier second wave.
In San Francisco, USA for instance when the number of Spanish flu cases was almost down to zero, "the city fathers said, 'Let's open up the city. Let's have a great big parade downtown. We'll all take off our masks together,'"
"Two months later, because of that event, the great influenza came back again roaring."
On the other side of the US, Philadelphia suffered a similar fate.
Even though 600 sailors from the Philadelphia Navy Yard had the Spanish flu in September 1918, the city didn't cancel a parade scheduled for September 28, 1918. The results were devastating
Three days later, Philadelphia had 635 new cases of the Spanish flu, a pity for my dear country if PMB ask Nigeria to resume work on Tuesday
"Quickly, Philadelphia became the city with the highest influenza death toll in the US, by contrast st Louis which schedule a similar parade but conceled it fared much better.
"The next month, more than 10,000 people in Philadelphia died from pandemic flu, while the death toll in Saint Louis did not rise above 700,"

The so called economy should not be use as a basic to killed Nigerians.

Let us lean from the past experience

God bless you[/s]
Re: Implementation Guidelines For Gradual Easing Of Lockdown by StillWiz: 8:21pm On May 01, 2020

Re: Implementation Guidelines For Gradual Easing Of Lockdown by Zealoy(m): 8:23pm On May 01, 2020
Order our very affordable but efficient hand sanitizer today and make huge profit with it, kills 99.9% Germs.
Price: #9,000 for a carton 250ML
You can resell it for #16,000 - #20,000

Call or WhatsApp us 08034323442
Stay safe!!

Re: Implementation Guidelines For Gradual Easing Of Lockdown by JBoss25(m): 8:26pm On May 01, 2020
Jaqenhghar:
Una never control the spread, una never sabi the actual rate of infections yet una want begin ease restriction.

[img]https://media1./images/802d648b6ebbfe351455c3cb5e5f7fc0/tenor.gif?itemid=3316515[/img]
see this one, weren't u the one shouting hunger weeks back?
Re: Implementation Guidelines For Gradual Easing Of Lockdown by martowskin1(m): 8:29pm On May 01, 2020
toluleke:
can you be positive .. you now add God bless you after your negativity. How will people survive 80% of Nigerians are daily earners and private worker the country that is not working hunger kill fast than covid 19 before you know there will be protest surely our incompetent officers will surely cause casualties. Which is better

Be positive for what, we talking about reality here u are talking about being positive, there is nothing like mindset when it comes to this virus.

U all just keep giving excuse to relax the lock down like government is punishing u guys. See this is what will happen and what is already happening.

The elites and won't come out, they will be indoors and the stubborn poor ones crying to go out will be buried daily, that is what is about to happen.

The virus is here and is not going out anytime soon... We are about to get into deep shit.

Instead of protesting for palliative for the people , we are protesting to go out .. Like we are immunie to the virus.
Re: Implementation Guidelines For Gradual Easing Of Lockdown by Rheminix(m): 8:30pm On May 01, 2020
Ernerstdavid55:
ahhh u are free to go to church grin grin its a free world
Re: Implementation Guidelines For Gradual Easing Of Lockdown by enemyofprogress: 8:30pm On May 01, 2020
Yeye dey smell
Re: Implementation Guidelines For Gradual Easing Of Lockdown by Nobody: 8:31pm On May 01, 2020
Baawaa:
All these rubbish will not work in Lagos
non only Lagos, all round the country.. they just made laws but our gallant security agencies will rather collect bribes
Re: Implementation Guidelines For Gradual Easing Of Lockdown by Perfecttouchade: 8:31pm On May 01, 2020
We dey sempe and kampe and gidigba
Re: Implementation Guidelines For Gradual Easing Of Lockdown by enemyofprogress: 8:31pm On May 01, 2020
Ernerstdavid55:
no church again. Only mosque is allowed grin grin
Re: Implementation Guidelines For Gradual Easing Of Lockdown by suremanpatriot: 8:33pm On May 01, 2020
Just remove the road blockade and let the citizens go and fend for their livelihood. COVID IS TREATABLE AND DEFEATABLE WITH GOD ALMIGHTY angry
Let the ppl go or public office holders staking our moniez wil suffer the worst siege and damnation with covid19. undecided
DEAR FELLOW NIGERIANS AND AFRICAN BROTHERS GOD HAS GRACIOUSLY SHOWERED YOU WITH LIVE LOVE AND PROTECTION FROM COVID19 PANDENMIC DESPITE YOUR DELAPIDATED HEATHCARE SYSTEM. BE GRATEFUL TO GOD BY THANKING HIM DAILY FOR THIS MIRACLE OF THE MILLENIUM OF LEAST DEATH IN AFRICA.

DONT BE A FOOL BY IGNORING THIS GREAT MIRACLE OVER THE COVID19 PLAGUE.
THANK GOD TODAY AND PRAY FOR GOD FURTHER HANDS TO BRING PERMANENT CURE,AMEN! smiley
Re: Implementation Guidelines For Gradual Easing Of Lockdown by ehhmah(m): 8:38pm On May 01, 2020
dederocs:

stay at home...do you know 55million people die worldwide yearly, normally...
Clap for yourself.

You win.
But I don’t think I want to die now. grin
Re: Implementation Guidelines For Gradual Easing Of Lockdown by Kate06(m): 8:40pm On May 01, 2020
odinga1of:

I am interested

Okay.

Chat me up on Whatsapp +2348145319150
Re: Implementation Guidelines For Gradual Easing Of Lockdown by Anuoluwapo3054(m): 8:42pm On May 01, 2020
You have said it all bro, I have been shaking my head for what's about to happen next week. We are definitely not ready for a massive outbreak in Nigeria.
paulolee:
good..big thumbs up to the f.g for breaking tinz down but i dont still feel convinced dt relaxing the lockdown is a good measure in tackling this pandemic bt it seems thier hands are tied..people are hungry and the economy isnt encouraging and besides no matter how much they borrow they still lack th accurate data base to gv paliatives or stipends to people dt needs cash(forget that north tinz they are doing)..right now they are in the middle inbetween the devil and the blue see bt i think going by thier way they are hugging and kissing d devil going by the report we heard from ghana earlier dis morning...forget those sets of rules abeg..na for the overpopulated areas of oshodi, mile2, ikorodu, mushin etc dm wan they observe social distancing abi na the lagosians wey we all know say no well them go hear say mk dm go bk home because them get high temperature...no go even talk abt the 8-6 curvew bcoz na police go gain am pass because the crowd and holdup no go funny, mayb na for que olopa go de collect thier tips...na jus GOD grace i go pray for next week because lagos already have the highest infected cases n going bg the way of the virus those infected have already infected others unknowingly who are yet to start seeing symptoms...i jus pray that GOD have his way because the effect dt m seeing scientifically n medically would not be nice...hear dis morning that they is not enough bed spaces for people due to the limited resources, if after the lockdown the virus gets to the next wave, it would mean dt bed space would go for the highest bidder knocking off the poor n become the survival of the fittest financially...said much more dan i planned saying...HAPPY NEW MONTH NAIRALANDERS.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Prince Charles Said “Naija No Dey Carry Last" (video) / America Honours Imam Abubakar Abdullahi Who Saved Over 200 Christians In Plateau / Reps’ Speakership: Emeka Nwajiuba’s Emergence Upsets Gbajabiamila’s Ride

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 53
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.