Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,211 members, 7,829,344 topics. Date: Thursday, 16 May 2024 at 03:30 AM

My Organic Poultry Farming - Agriculture (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Agriculture / My Organic Poultry Farming (5409 Views)

My Organic Experience Achieving 2.5kg In Broilers In 6weeks / Organic Poultry Management For Beginners.. / My Egg Poultry Farming Experience As A New Farmer (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: My Organic Poultry Farming by cpapa: 9:14am On Jul 17, 2020
chukskafor:
You said you are into broilers for the now, so where did the image of layers on free range you posted come from? Google Image I presume
Oga y not shut up Nd listen

1 Like

Re: My Organic Poultry Farming by chukskafor(m): 9:44am On Jul 17, 2020
cpapa:
For you to wake me up this early morning and then taking medication for another's ailment shows that the lockdown has really taken its toll on you because i only offered an advice to the op, which she/he concorded with a long time ago before posting his/her farm photos
In the order news, op kudos to your good work my dear; not all this trolls spamming people's thread upandan

Re: My Organic Poultry Farming by SwitBEsther: 9:04am On Jul 20, 2020
cpapa:

Thank you .
Re: My Organic Poultry Farming by SwitBEsther: 9:13am On Jul 20, 2020
Good morning everyone,

Our Birds enjoying spiced feed ☘️�

Our Birds are Naturally raised .

I will upload the video of the birds in action �

Re: My Organic Poultry Farming by SwitBEsther: 9:25am On Jul 20, 2020
chukskafor:
For you to wake me up this early morning and then taking medication for another's ailment shows that the lockdown has really taken its toll on you because i only offered an advice to the op, which she/he concorded with a long time ago before posting his/her farm photos
In the order news, op kudos to your good work my dear; not all this trolls spamming people's thread upandan

@chukskafor

Please take things easy. I will appreciate if this thread is free of misunderstanding.

It's a learning thread.Let peace reign.
Re: My Organic Poultry Farming by SwitBEsther: 9:30am On Jul 20, 2020
I'm having difficulties uploading the video of our birds enjoying spiced feed.For updates on our Naturally raised birds, kindly follow us on our Instagram page

breelan_organic_farm
Re: My Organic Poultry Farming by chukskafor(m): 12:21am On Jul 21, 2020
SwitBEsther:

@chukskafor

Please take things easy. I will appreciate if this thread is free of misunderstanding.

It's a learning thread.Let peace reign.
Peace onto you my sister, how was ur day?

1 Like

Re: My Organic Poultry Farming by cpapa: 1:46pm On Jul 21, 2020
chukskafor:
now u can use crayfish shaff as feed for the birds
soya bean, scent leave,
Re: My Organic Poultry Farming by SwitBEsther: 10:59pm On Jul 21, 2020
chukskafor:
Peace onto you my sister, how was ur day?

Great
Re: My Organic Poultry Farming by SwitBEsther: 8:13am On Jul 22, 2020
Good morning followers�

According to Psychologists, there are four types of Intelligence:

1) Intelligence Quotient (IQ)
2) Emotional Quotient (EQ)
3) Social Quotient (SQ)
4) Adversity Quotient (AQ)

1. Intelligence Quotient (IQ): this is the measure of your level of comprehension. You need IQ to solve maths, memorize things, and recall lessons.

2. Emotional Quotient (EQ): this is the measure of your ability to maintain peace with others, keep to time, be responsible, be honest, respect boundaries, be humble, genuine and considerate.

3. Social Quotient (SQ): this is the measure of your ability to build a network of friends and maintain it over a long period of time.

People that have higher EQ and SQ tend to go farther in life than those with a high IQ but low EQ and SQ. Most schools capitalize on improving IQ levels while EQ and SQ are played down.

A man of high IQ can end up being employed by a man of high EQ and SQ even though he has an average IQ.

Your EQ represents your Character, while your SQ represents your Charisma. Give in to habits that will improve these three Qs, especially your EQ and SQ.

Now there is a 4th one, a new paradigm:

4. The Adversity Quotient (AQ): The measure of your ability to go through a rough patch in life, and come out of it without losing your mind.

When faced with troubles, AQ determines who will give up, who will abandon their family, and who will consider suicide.

Parents please expose your children to other areas of life than just Academics. They should adore manual labour (never use work as a form of punishment), Sports and Arts.

Develop their IQ, as well as their EQ, SQ and AQ. They should become multifaceted human beings able to do things independently of their parents.

Finally, do not prepare the road for your children. Prepare your children for the road.

Have a Peaceful and Productive Life Journey. ���

Copied
Re: My Organic Poultry Farming by Nafdee(m): 11:43am On Jul 22, 2020
No more update @ OP?
Pls I want to ask, how do you go the organic way from day one?

Will want to know,.

1 Like

Re: My Organic Poultry Farming by SwitBEsther: 7:29pm On Jul 22, 2020
Nafdee:
No more update @ OP?

Will want to know,.

I will be definitely updating the thread once I'm free.
Re: My Organic Poultry Farming by SwitBEsther: 7:37pm On Jul 22, 2020
Nafdee:
No more update @ OP?

Will want to know,.

Busy with customers orders
Production of supplements for my birds

I will be definitely updating the thread once I'm free.
Re: My Organic Poultry Farming by SwitBEsther: 8:06pm On Jul 22, 2020
I'm quite meticulous about what I ingest into my system and this made me inquisitive about other methods available for poultry farming and other health lifestyle.I have seen how some poultry farmer bombard birds with antibiotics in bid to save their investment,though you can't blame them�

Poultry farming wasn't quite strange to me while growing up because my mum raised some birds at home.

I delve into Organic poultry farming 2018 and still enjoying raising birds Naturally. I read so many articles on organic poultry farming on the Net,Kai I spent so much on data �� but certainly paid off .Also I did several paid trainings on organic poultry farming.

I took the bull by the horn and I started. It's been an awesome experience no regrets. Hmm, I have had ups and downs moments anyways

To be contd

Follow my Business page on Instagram
breelan_Organic_farm
Re: My Organic Poultry Farming by SwitBEsther: 8:31pm On Aug 25, 2020
https://www.withinnigeria.com/2020/08/25/dont-drink-organic-apple-or-blackcurrant-from-australianafdac-alerts-nigerians/

You can actually produce Apple cider vinegar at home with ease.
Our Örganic poultry farming training loading......

Don't miss this Opportunity

Kindly follow us on our Instagram page
breelan_organic_farm

Re: My Organic Poultry Farming by SwitBEsther: 8:33pm On Aug 25, 2020
Dear Poultry farmers,how is business going. This DOC price hike is not funny.

May God continue to bless our hussle
Re: My Organic Poultry Farming by SwitBEsther: 11:46am On Sep 01, 2020
Join our free one day Introductory Organic Poultry Farming

Click on the link below(Serious Minded)

https:///FFfWWOrnmhX4ZDPcnUyYlu
Re: My Organic Poultry Farming by FarmandTractors: 5:30pm On Sep 02, 2020
At FarmandTractors, Contact us for your Farm Land Preparation. Your Top Soil is safe- we do a Clean Land preparation and we deliver our services nationwide. Clean clearing that leaves the top soil un-tampered. Contact us for your quality land clearing. Contact us...09056508129, 08062288737--Available on WhatsApps.

1 Like

Re: My Organic Poultry Farming by SwitBEsther: 5:43pm On Nov 08, 2020
MANAGING A BROILER HOUSE

The three golden rules for best broiler house management are:

-LOOK
-LISTEN
-SMELL

Let me show you the importance of using your sense of smell in broiler management. Simply taking a deep breath inside a broiler house can tell an experienced farmer whether or not the house’s environment is comfortable for the chickens inside.

I suggest broiler farmers to carry out the above exercise as often as possible to check the air the chickens are breathing is of the ‘right quality’.

Is there enough air in the broiler house❓

“If, when you take a deep breath of air in a broiler house, you feel that your body *isn’t getting enough oxygen*, then you can be sure that your broilers aren’t getting enough oxygen either.
This feeling – that breathing is a little tough – is usually a sign of a poor flow of fresh air in the broiler house, this explains the recurrent cough and flu in your birds!

The necessary adjustments to the equipment that controls airflow in and out of the house need to be made immediately . Farmers should not panic and over correct, opening up the house too much so that broilers get cold. A little opening of the tarplins is okay, for a specified period of time��

Airflow adjustments should be gradual, but frequent, until you’re satisfied that the birds are getting enough oxygen again.

Stand warned! if airflow through a broiler house remains a problem even when ventilation equipment, such as curtains, louvres and fans, have been adjusted, it could be that there are obstructions to airflow inside and/or immediately surrounding the house.
The latter could be shrubs or trees, for example, and must be removed or pruned.

-AMMONIA
A build-up of ammonia gas is a common problem where there is a lack of good broiler management. Excessive ammonia in a broiler house can be easily identified. A deep breath will result in a burning sensation in the lungs, throat, nose and eyes.
Ammonia build-up is caused when water from leaks in the roof and pipes, and spillage from drinking equipment, mixes with the broilers’ bodily wastes in the litter covering the floor.
A broiler farmer must immediately remove wet litter and replace it with clean, dry material. The cause of the wet litter must be identified and fixed.

A simple problem could be that the water level in the drinkers is too high. This leads to spillage and wet litter. Ammonia in a broiler house is strongest at floor level, where the broilers are.
Left unmanaged, the gas will cause serious respiratory and other health problems in birds, and money will be lost in treatment, through underperforming broilers and mortalities.
The mixture of wet litter and ammonia can burn the breast area of a chicken because it lies on the litter when resting. This could mean the downgrading or condemnation of meat at the abattoir, and could result in action taken against inhumane conditions.

Listen to your birds when you enter the house! If they are making a wheezing sound when breathing mostly in the night, it's a clear sign of respiratory distress caused by bad smell in the poultry house.

Look! Do you see any birds with swollen abdomen? Which feels like full of air if touched? it can be caused by poor air quality in the house!

Look! Have you seen any mucus of their nostrils or mucus in their mouth? Still, ammonia is the problem.
Please, eliminate ammonia from broiler houses.
Re: My Organic Poultry Farming by SwitBEsther: 9:19am On Nov 09, 2020
Graduation Day ��

We changed our birds feeders inorder to to minimise constant pooing in their feed.

Our birds are Naturally raised with herbs �
❌No synthetic drugs
❌No growth hormones

Our services
❇️Sales of dressed chicken
❇️Sales of Organic supplements and and premix herbs for feeds
❇️Training on Organic Poultry farming

Call/WhatsApp: 08036155001

Re: My Organic Poultry Farming by bigiyaro(m): 8:31pm On Nov 09, 2020
Hehehehhehehe
Re: My Organic Poultry Farming by SwitBEsther: 6:55pm On Dec 01, 2020
Happy New month everyone. Best wishes
Re: My Organic Poultry Farming by SwitBEsther: 6:56pm On Dec 01, 2020
Dear poultry farmers,

How much is the price of feed in your location.

The chicken feed is sky rocking is really alarming.
Re: My Organic Poultry Farming by SwitBEsther: 7:55pm On Dec 12, 2020
Christmas chicken sales�����

Our Organically raised chickens are available for sale.

Send us DM
Instagram

@Breelan_Organic_Farm
Re: My Organic Poultry Farming by SwitBEsther: 9:51pm On Jan 01, 2021
Happy New Year fans and followers �
Re: My Organic Poultry Farming by SwitBEsther: 9:09pm On Apr 07, 2021
We have varieties of spice and herbs such as:
Ginger
Garlic
Black pepper
Cloves
Tumeric
Coriander
and lots more �����������������

We sell wholesale and retail.
Nationwide delivery available �

Inorder to reach us,Kindly click on this link below.Thanks

https://linktr.ee/Breelan_Organic_Farm

We are also available on Instagram

breelan_organic_farm

Re: My Organic Poultry Farming by cattlefarming01: 10:29am On Apr 08, 2021
What To Do To Stop Losing Money In Poultry Due To Mortality Of Birds*

Common infectious diseases of poultry such as Fowlpox, Fowl cholera, Coccidiosis, and Marek's disease pose constant challenges to poultry farmers leading to incuring losses in death of birds or more cost on disease treatment.

Effective farm biosecurity is one of the cheapest ways to improve overall poultry bird health, cut the costs of disease treatment, reduce losses and improve farm profitability.

With just a bottle of Poultry - Zyme into 1000 liters of water for your poultry birds you have little worries about a disease affecting your birds as Poultry- Zyme helps to improve their immune system to reduce the mortality rate.

It is highly cost-effective in preventing your birds from diseases and at the same time helps to increase their growth, egg production and improves the quality of eggs

For delivery of the product to your location contact +23408033492090.

To learn more about our products visit www.zenithenergyenzyme.com

Re: My Organic Poultry Farming by SwitBEsther: 10:58am On Apr 14, 2021
[bHEAT STRESS IN POULTRY FARMING[/b]

Due to the Hot season we are currently in, heat stress affects birds and often leads to high mortality if not properly managed

Heat stress occurs when the bird’s core body temperature increases to fatal temperatures because of poor heat loss and limited coping means. This can result in panting, increased water intake and eventually death.

TIPS MANAGING HEAT STRESS

Providing ventilation
Increasing ventilation to remove heat from the birds should be your first priority. You can also provide artificial means of airflow such as the use of Fans(cooling fans) or AC

[b]Feeding
Most often, birds are hungriest in the morning and will tend to fill up. This will make them more prone to heat stress in the afternoon. Withdrawing feed birds six hours before peak warm temperatures in the afternoon can lower the risk of heat stress.

You can reintroduce the feed after peak temperatures have started to decline. Birds can then feed during night time hours when we expect cooler temperatures to occur. Have the feeders full when lowering the feedline. You can use lighting during nighttime (midnight) feeding to allow intake.

Managing water
During heat stress, birds will increase their water intake by 2 to 4 times their normal intake. Sufficient water space, operating waterers and cool water temperatures will encourage the birds to drink. You can serve birds with chilled water in order to reduce heat stress

Using electrolytes
Heat stress causes increased loss of several minerals including potassium, sodium, phosphorus, magnesium and zinc.You can add electrolytes to your flock’s drinking water for up to three days.

Supplementing vitamins
Supplementing drinking water with vitamins (A, D, E and B complex) can be effective at tackling heat stress mortality in broilers.

We have a video on our instagram page on the Natural supplement used for our Birds

Feel free to add more Tips for managing Heat stress

Kindly like and follow us on instagram
breelan_organic_farm
https://www.instagram.com/breelan_organic_farm?r=nametag

You can also send us messages through this link below
linktr.ee/Breelan_Organic_Farm
Re: My Organic Poultry Farming by SwitBEsther: 8:51am On Apr 16, 2021
We are taking orders for our organically raised chicken.
Send us a DM by clicking the link below

https:///2348088881660
Re: My Organic Poultry Farming by SwitBEsther: 8:52am On Apr 16, 2021
Greats farmers and potential farmers,may we all succeed at our endeavours.

Happy Friday �
Re: My Organic Poultry Farming by SwitBEsther: 11:57am On Jun 24, 2021
BENEFITS OF ALOE VERA TO BIRDs

I do advice all poultry farmers to plant at least three stems of Aloe vera plant because of it's benefits to poultry animals and human beings as well. Today I'll only share with you the importance of this herb to poultry.

√ Aloe vera is a great nature antibiotic. Sometimes you may spot some wounds or scratches on your birds. You don't have to purchase drugs from the agrovet � because Aloe vera will relieve you the stress. Simply cut a leaf and squeeze the juice directly to the wound that your birds get.

√ Aloe vera is a great source of vitamins, and also contains minerals and enzymes which boosts the immune system of your birds.

√ Aloe vera treats coccidioidomycosis (coccidiosis), Marek's disease and Newcastle disease in birds. It's also a herbal medicine which serves as a deworming drug.
All you need to do is to squeeze the juice in their drinking water and let them consume it in their drinkers. Do this at least twice every month and you will be amazed how active and healthy your birds will be!!!

Follow us on Instagram for more updates

https://www.instagram.com/breelan_organic_farm?r=nametag

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Bitter Kola,cocoa,locust Beans,shea Butter ,pkn/pks Available / Snail Cage / If You Want To Make Money, Be A Farmer Not A Banker! Jim Rogers

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 47
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.