Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,182 members, 7,821,993 topics. Date: Thursday, 09 May 2024 at 12:11 AM

Trump Got Scammed By An Engineer For $69 Million Dollars. - Nairaland / General - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Trump Got Scammed By An Engineer For $69 Million Dollars. (485 Views)

My Niece Just Got Scammed By Carbon Loan Company / If You Don't Watch On These 5 Things Your Life Will Be Scammed / I Just Got Scammed By Nigeria's Qservers Web Hosting (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Trump Got Scammed By An Engineer For $69 Million Dollars. by Nobody: 7:25pm On May 01, 2020
An engineer who received a $69.1 million contract from New York state, after replying to one of President Trump's tweets, never provided the ventilators, BuzzFeed News reported Wednesday.

New York state signed a contract with electrical engineer Yaron Oren-Pines in late March for 1,450 ventilators at a price of $47,656 per ventilator, which is about triple the standard retail price of high-end versions, a state official told BuzzFeed News. But none of the ventilators ever showed up.

The state official told BuzzFeed News that the state entered the contract with Oren-Pines because the White House coronavirus task force recommended him. The contract has since been terminated, and New York is scrambling to retrieve its money.

"The guy was recommended to us by the White House coronavirus task force because they were doing business with him, as well," the official said. "I think everyone was genuinely trying to help each other out and get supplies."
The payment to Oren-Pines was the largest single payment made by the state's health department under Gov. Andrew Cuomo's (D) executive order to speed up retrieving medical equipment, according to BuzzFeed News. Officials declined to say how much of the payment the state was able to get back.

BuzzFeed News found that New York signed a contract with Oren-Pines three days after he replied to Trump's tweet calling for Ford and General Motors to develop more ventilators.

"We can supply ICU Ventilators, invasive and noninvasive," Oren-Pines said on March 27. "Have someone call me URGENT."

Oren-Pines told BuzzFeed News that "neither me nor my company is providing any comment on this."

Katie Miller, a spokeswoman for Vice President Pence, said in a statement obtained by BuzzFeed News that "the White House Coronavirus Task Force was never informed of this contract and was not involved in it at all."

Cuomo senior adviser Richard Azzopardi maintained that states were left "to fend for themselves" in obtaining medical supplies.

"We had no choice but to overturn every rock to find ventilators and other needed equipment," he said.

He said the contracts are being reevaluated "continuously" now that the "current needs" have been met. The state is working on building its stockpile with some shipments yet to come.

Cuomo's executive order allowed the state to pay for medical supplies before an order was filled to supply the state with the desperately needed ventilators and equipment.

Between March 19 and April 27, the state's health department signed 77 checks for at least $1 million to obtain medical supplies, reaching a total of $735 million, according to state records obtained by BuzzFeed News. Most payments were given to firms with little or no apparent experience in medicine, the news outlet noted.

https://www.google.com/amp/s/thehill.com/homenews/state-watch/495455-engineer-that-got-69m-contract-after-tweeting-trump-never-provided%3famp

1 Like

Re: Trump Got Scammed By An Engineer For $69 Million Dollars. by Nobody: 7:26pm On May 01, 2020
Seun, lalasticala

mydn44, Dominique

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Trump Got Scammed By An Engineer For $69 Million Dollars. by Exc2000: 7:27pm On May 01, 2020
grin

hahahah!!! Americans are very very gullible, if not for EFCC saving them, Nigerians would have recolonized them back

when I see how some Nigerians hype Americans due to all the Hollywood movie they grew up watching I just laugh, if not for jewish/ isreali technology and hard work of immigrants backed by many years of war stealing peoples resources around the world, americans wouldn't had being a great country

2 Likes

Re: Trump Got Scammed By An Engineer For $69 Million Dollars. by densiks: 7:28pm On May 01, 2020
Now it’s not a Nigerian...

But the guy has some balls to scam a state in the middle of a serious pandemic that has claimed thousands of lives.

3 Likes

Re: Trump Got Scammed By An Engineer For $69 Million Dollars. by Golan007: 7:29pm On May 01, 2020
Giving the American definition of MAGA a new meaning.

grin
Re: Trump Got Scammed By An Engineer For $69 Million Dollars. by espn(m): 7:32pm On May 01, 2020
Scam everywhere...Didn't they do a background check on him before paying him such huge amount...

1 Like

Re: Trump Got Scammed By An Engineer For $69 Million Dollars. by DonFreshmoney(m): 7:32pm On May 01, 2020
See cool cash... the man go dey chill now
Re: Trump Got Scammed By An Engineer For $69 Million Dollars. by monichannel: 7:39pm On May 01, 2020
2020 schedule:
Jan - World War 3
Feb - Australian bushfire
Mar - Coronavirus
Apr - UFOs
May - Aliens
Jun - Spaceship
Jul - Cyborgs
Aug - Space colonization
Sep - Alien invasion
Oct - Zombies
Nov - Apocalypse
Dec - Internet stops working
Re: Trump Got Scammed By An Engineer For $69 Million Dollars. by ojun50(m): 7:42pm On May 01, 2020
� US funny
Re: Trump Got Scammed By An Engineer For $69 Million Dollars. by Ningen(m): 7:50pm On May 01, 2020
How gullible!
Trump's IQ should be a national interest.
Re: Trump Got Scammed By An Engineer For $69 Million Dollars. by decatalyst(m): 7:51pm On May 01, 2020
Exc2000:
grin

hahahah!!! Americans are very very gullible, if not for EFCC saving them, Nigerians would have recolonized them back

Abi O. If not for EFCC, DSS, Amotekun, IPOB, Arewa and Bakassi boys saving America, they would have been dead by now. grin

1 Like

Re: Trump Got Scammed By An Engineer For $69 Million Dollars. by Yenefer(f): 7:52pm On May 01, 2020
I-pigs Messiah got scammed

1 Like

Re: Trump Got Scammed By An Engineer For $69 Million Dollars. by Nobody: 7:56pm On May 01, 2020
Yenefer:
I-pigs Messiah got scammed
Be careful, no tribalism here.

(1) (Reply)

True life story, Ikeja Bomb Explosion / White Supremacist React To Beyoncé New Album Black Is King / Re Nisral Loan For Households.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 22
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.