Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,738 members, 7,813,426 topics. Date: Tuesday, 30 April 2024 at 12:12 PM

Nigeria To Repay IMF $3.4bn In 5 Years - Politics (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Nigeria To Repay IMF $3.4bn In 5 Years (21930 Views)

IMF Credits Cbn's Account With $3.4bn Emergency Loan / Breaking News :IMF Approves $3.4bn RFI To Support Nigeria’s COVID-19 Fight / Japan Emerges Nigeria’s Third Largest Donor With $1.4bn In 49 Years (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Nigeria To Repay IMF $3.4bn In 5 Years by lastempero: 9:07pm On May 01, 2020
From where kwanu shocked
Re: Nigeria To Repay IMF $3.4bn In 5 Years by chaloskyx: 9:08pm On May 01, 2020
ask them what 90% of the loan is for its just to pay salaries and allowances of political office holders nothing more no penny would be account for the masses or any infrastructural development. yet we are the ones that would pay for it with the increase of certain monetary policies such as tax & vat.

1 Like

Re: Nigeria To Repay IMF $3.4bn In 5 Years by Golan007: 9:09pm On May 01, 2020
Racoon:
I dont need it because I'm not running a clueless and rudderless economy venture like the useless govt that is mortgaging Nigeria into eternal indebtedness.

Debt servicing is not a sound economic thing to do in this era of global economic meltdown.Generations will suffer to pay this debts.

When would generations never pay debt?
Re: Nigeria To Repay IMF $3.4bn In 5 Years by Golan007: 9:12pm On May 01, 2020
2loadedguy:

U people just like to display your ignorance online. What will u have the govt do in this instance? There's no money and oil is not selling, do u want the govt to watch u suffer and lose jobs? Do u know how many goods and raw materials that cannot be brought in now as a result of fx paucity? If u don't borrow how do you intend to finance these deals? Please dont just criticise everything but learn how the economy works. I'm not a Buhari fan but I totally agree with this loan right now.

Thank you my brother.

That guy is only playing to the gallery for his "Nigeria must fail under Buhari" crew.

Ask them to bring proposals on how the country would meet the prevailing challenges and watch them crawl back into their caves.
Re: Nigeria To Repay IMF $3.4bn In 5 Years by Sunisonflex39(m): 9:13pm On May 01, 2020
can a common man like me go and collect just 20k dollars grant from IMF? just 20k dollars abeg
with this billions they have been calling everyweek for the past five years...shingbian,i never see.....no one project i dey see with my coro coro eye.
Re: Nigeria To Repay IMF $3.4bn In 5 Years by Nobody: 9:13pm On May 01, 2020
Borrow borrow apc government. One day some group of people will come and claim Nigeria because of Buhari

1 Like

Re: Nigeria To Repay IMF $3.4bn In 5 Years by Afolabimills(m): 9:13pm On May 01, 2020
Oh my God buhari don' even borrow future Nigeria

1 Like

Re: Nigeria To Repay IMF $3.4bn In 5 Years by nedekid: 9:15pm On May 01, 2020
Long live federal republic of Nigeria.
Our darling daddy is working.
Nigeria shall be great again!
Re: Nigeria To Repay IMF $3.4bn In 5 Years by havenz(m): 9:15pm On May 01, 2020
THE NEXT PRESIDENT WILL CARRY THE CROSS...
Re: Nigeria To Repay IMF $3.4bn In 5 Years by Sunisonflex39(m): 9:20pm On May 01, 2020
please i have a question, were do IMF get their monies from? do they print dollars over there or what? i am not understanding.
Re: Nigeria To Repay IMF $3.4bn In 5 Years by thegloor: 9:21pm On May 01, 2020
Corporate2020:
Please borrow more Buhari and complete Lagos-Ibadan Expressway, Lagos-Abeokuta-Ibadan-Ilorin-Kano Railway and the 2nd Niger Bridge which Goatluck Jonaddaft commissioned on the drawing board and name it Muhammadu Buhari 2nd Niger Bridge. Also start the Lagos-Calabar Eastern Corridor Railway.

When the next looter comes in as President, he will be paying the loans and there will be little to loot while Nigerians will be enjoying the infrastructure built with the loans.

It's good to dream
Re: Nigeria To Repay IMF $3.4bn In 5 Years by Kuginzi: 9:21pm On May 01, 2020
am neither surprised nor worried by their hatred for president Buhari. A cat and rats cannot live in the same place. Too many things divide and draw heavy distinction between president Buhari and his haters. He loves Nigeria, they hate it. He is honest, they are dishonest. He has character, they lack it. He pursues the hereafter, they struggle to get the world in their armpits. He is patriotic, they are greedy & selfish. He serves, they detail and enslave. HE IS DEVOID OF MORAL STAINS, THEY ARE IMMORALITY PERSONIFIED. His past is clean and shinny, their past hunts them. They are thieves. How can they love him?

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Nigeria To Repay IMF $3.4bn In 5 Years by cRAFTsVEN: 9:21pm On May 01, 2020
The next government and the one after have already failed lai dis lai dis!
Re: Nigeria To Repay IMF $3.4bn In 5 Years by Liodins: 9:21pm On May 01, 2020
It baffles me how we want to believe that this govt can pay back a loan when they keep collecting loan to pay their workers
Re: Nigeria To Repay IMF $3.4bn In 5 Years by Nobody: 9:24pm On May 01, 2020
Govt of irredeemable THIEVES!
Re: Nigeria To Repay IMF $3.4bn In 5 Years by Sniper101(m): 9:30pm On May 01, 2020
shocked

Diswan wen e be say oil price dun begin crash gradually, globally.
How Naija wan take cough out $3.4billion in 5years time ni undecided
Re: Nigeria To Repay IMF $3.4bn In 5 Years by chigoizie7(m): 9:33pm On May 01, 2020
How? How can they repay the money?
Re: Nigeria To Repay IMF $3.4bn In 5 Years by Nobody: 9:34pm On May 01, 2020
Who in his/her right sense doesn't know that a grant is always meant to be repaid?

Anyone who thought otherwise should return his/her school fees to his/her parents.
Re: Nigeria To Repay IMF $3.4bn In 5 Years by udemzyudex(m): 9:35pm On May 01, 2020
How?
Re: Nigeria To Repay IMF $3.4bn In 5 Years by kingsvictor2: 9:35pm On May 01, 2020
Corporate2020:
Please borrow more Buhari and complete Lagos-Ibadan Expressway, Lagos-Abeokuta-Ibadan-Ilorin-Kano Railway and the 2nd Niger Bridge which Goatluck Jonaddaft commissioned on the drawing board and name it Muhammadu Buhari 2nd Niger Bridge. Also start the Lagos-Calabar Eastern Corridor Railway.

When the next looter comes in as President, he will be paying the loans and there will be little to loot while Nigerians will be enjoying the infrastructure built with the loans.
Buhari dat will die within a month, u will die with him
Re: Nigeria To Repay IMF $3.4bn In 5 Years by TruthSpeaker: 9:36pm On May 01, 2020
STORY, WHERE THE MONEY GO KOMOT FROM. MORE DEBT TO OUR UNBORN GENERATION.
Re: Nigeria To Repay IMF $3.4bn In 5 Years by integrity16(m): 9:36pm On May 01, 2020
sLentlover7778:
Before 5years go come, I go don become Canada citizen..

No be for mouth ooo everything don set.. grin grin grin

Continue to blow your trumpet make your village people hear am.

1 Like

Re: Nigeria To Repay IMF $3.4bn In 5 Years by DragonsWithFire: 9:38pm On May 01, 2020
All dis incompetence people go just dey borrow without thought of how to increase our GDP before borrowing, ordinary match sticks, toothpick, PPE supply to the world dis time needed we no produce, everything nah imported, wetin happen to the money borrowed, looted. I hope they would be alive to pay this debt back or it would be a problem of common people tryna survive. Say No To Incompetency
Racoon:

https://leadership.ng/2020/04/30/nigeria-to-repay-imf-3-4bn-in-5-years/
Re: Nigeria To Repay IMF $3.4bn In 5 Years by tweakdude1: 9:39pm On May 01, 2020
I pray I be the next president all entire APC members I will be their night mare.
Re: Nigeria To Repay IMF $3.4bn In 5 Years by NiklauseFred(m): 9:40pm On May 01, 2020
amrichy:
For those that have the answer(s), here is what I'm curious to know: what happens if Nigeria fails to repay the loan as at when due? What penalties are attached to defaulting the payment?

Failure to pay the IMF would entitle some of Greece's other creditors, including the European bailout fund, to declare a default. They would then have the option to demand immediate repayment of all their loans, a process known as acceleration. Other lenders could then follow suit. ... Each creditor decides on its own.
Re: Nigeria To Repay IMF $3.4bn In 5 Years by Nobody: 9:41pm On May 01, 2020
And she can't pay, what next?
Re: Nigeria To Repay IMF $3.4bn In 5 Years by anambraamaka: 9:42pm On May 01, 2020
Okuuur
Re: Nigeria To Repay IMF $3.4bn In 5 Years by DCmonster: 9:43pm On May 01, 2020
[s]
Corporate2020:

[/s] How can a comment describe vividly how stupid one can be. Shame on you!

1 Like

Re: Nigeria To Repay IMF $3.4bn In 5 Years by chubinwa(m): 9:49pm On May 01, 2020
Obviously this govt have screwed things up for the incoming govt.
Re: Nigeria To Repay IMF $3.4bn In 5 Years by Tedpgrass: 9:51pm On May 01, 2020
Corporate2020:

To the last paragraph, that's an utopian dream, mate....
All these incompetent hands simply hand over heavy debts to our children and their children to pay up.

Madam minister ** and her team of sychophants **better read the fine print, ((clean those specs well or better still get a new pair that reads well)) as this is a strategic way of putting the shackles on Naija's feet when we can't pay up and it's deemed a PDP party failure in 5 years..... What hurts most, will be the presence of the persisting lack of infrastructure that it was meant to address in the 1st place.

Re: Nigeria To Repay IMF $3.4bn In 5 Years by osusuallstars: 9:59pm On May 01, 2020
If the country disintegrate this year , which side will repay the loan ?

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Aggrieved Policemen Attempt To Disrupt Anambra Collation Over Feeding Allowance / JUST IN: Heavy Security Men Armed Men Arrive Lekki Toll Gate (PIX) / Reno Omokri Taunts Peter Obi Over Mr Ibu’s Ailing Health

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 38
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.