Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,832 members, 7,813,770 topics. Date: Tuesday, 30 April 2024 at 06:00 PM

Nigeria To Repay IMF $3.4bn In 5 Years - Politics (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Nigeria To Repay IMF $3.4bn In 5 Years (21936 Views)

IMF Credits Cbn's Account With $3.4bn Emergency Loan / Breaking News :IMF Approves $3.4bn RFI To Support Nigeria’s COVID-19 Fight / Japan Emerges Nigeria’s Third Largest Donor With $1.4bn In 49 Years (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Nigeria To Repay IMF $3.4bn In 5 Years by Brenn594(m): 10:02pm On May 01, 2020
After de 5 yrs expires i only hav 1 suggestion,IMF shud cm n claim all northern animals to their ZOO.
Re: Nigeria To Repay IMF $3.4bn In 5 Years by sobastical: 10:06pm On May 01, 2020
Corporate2020:
Please borrow more Buhari and complete Lagos-Ibadan Expressway, Lagos-Abeokuta-Ibadan-Ilorin-Kano Railway and the 2nd Niger Bridge which Goatluck Jonaddaft commissioned on the drawing board and name it Muhammadu Buhari 2nd Niger Bridge. Also start the Lagos-Calabar Eastern Corridor Railway.

When the next looter comes in as President, he will be paying the loans and there will be little to loot while Nigerians will be enjoying the infrastructure built with the loans.

Clown cheesy cheesy cheesy grin grin grin grin

1 Like

Re: Nigeria To Repay IMF $3.4bn In 5 Years by katheeroh: 10:14pm On May 01, 2020
what will happen if they refuse to pay the money before the due time ?
Re: Nigeria To Repay IMF $3.4bn In 5 Years by sLentlover7778(m): 10:32pm On May 01, 2020
My village people no get internet...grin grin grin

integrity16:

Continue to blow your trumpet make your village people hear am.
Re: Nigeria To Repay IMF $3.4bn In 5 Years by Maski87: 10:37pm On May 01, 2020
Ok una go com carry us go lockdown for USAif we no fit pay
Na who do pay 4 billion in 5 years before
Re: Nigeria To Repay IMF $3.4bn In 5 Years by Blessingbenson(f): 10:39pm On May 01, 2020
Buhari must have left power then....
Hmmmm
Re: Nigeria To Repay IMF $3.4bn In 5 Years by afecgivers: 10:41pm On May 01, 2020
Racoon:

https://leadership.ng/2020/04/30/nigeria-to-repay-imf-3-4bn-in-5-years/

If they implement IMF advise on CBN harmful policy, they can repay the loan within 3years. Port authority can successfully payoff the loan.

1 Like

Re: Nigeria To Repay IMF $3.4bn In 5 Years by Westernlove: 10:55pm On May 01, 2020
sLentlover7778:
Before 5years go come, I go don become Canada citizen.

No be for mouth ooo everything don set.. grin grin grin

Amen I claim this to myself by God's grace and his mercies on me...

1 Like

Re: Nigeria To Repay IMF $3.4bn In 5 Years by Enyimbamercedes: 10:56pm On May 01, 2020
You see this government!! They play around with your silly lazy brains

They avoided calling it a loan... kept calling it a “facility” ... drawing down SBR Bla bla .... the BMC zombies clapped .

Please what do you call something that has a payback period and interest repayment attached to it??

That’s how they avoided the word subsidy and called it “under-recovery”....

Twats

3 Likes

Re: Nigeria To Repay IMF $3.4bn In 5 Years by Moukandjo: 11:10pm On May 01, 2020
bolaayenimo:
So if PDP wins in 2023, they will pay all these debt?
It's not even possible for that satanic & demonic party to return to power.
Ineffectual buffoons like the drunkard from otuoke & that shameless international thief being in power has taught us some lessons.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Nigeria To Repay IMF $3.4bn In 5 Years by Golan007: 11:13pm On May 01, 2020
Kuginzi:
am neither surprised nor worried by their hatred for president Buhari. A cat and rats cannot live in the same place. Too many things divide and draw heavy distinction between president Buhari and his haters. He loves Nigeria, they hate it. He is honest, they are dishonest. He has character, they lack it. He pursues the hereafter, they struggle to get the world in their armpits. He is patriotic, they are greedy & selfish. He serves, they detail and enslave. HE IS DEVOID OF MORAL STAINS, THEY ARE IMMORALITY PERSONIFIED. His past is clean and shinny, their past hunts them. They are thieves. How can they love him?

You've captured it all.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Nigeria To Repay IMF $3.4bn In 5 Years by Golan007: 11:22pm On May 01, 2020
DragonsWithFire:
All dis incompetence people go just dey borrow without thought of how to increase our GDP before borrowing, ordinary match sticks, toothpick, PPE supply to the world dis time needed we no produce, everything nah imported, wetin happen to the money borrowed, looted. I hope they would be alive to pay this debt back or it would be a problem of common people tryna survive. Say No To Incompetency

What do you mean ordinary toothpick?

Some of you don't even know your role in society.

When government pursued the self-sufficiency in rice project, how many of you thought it was a reasonable call?

Or are you expecting government to be the one cultivating rice?

When government spoke about success in making pencils some numbskulls were busy making jest of it.

The truth is that the IQ of the average Nigerian is sub-par.

Clannish, diabolical, full of bigotry, criminal minded, acrimonious, recalcitrant.

3.5 billion dollars should be chicken feed for 150 million to pay back in 5 years but see how you all defeat yourselves before it is even obtained.

Tueh.

Y'all deserve the worst life can give.

1 Like

Re: Nigeria To Repay IMF $3.4bn In 5 Years by Nobody: 11:24pm On May 01, 2020
Sunisonflex39:
please i have a question, were do IMF get their monies from?
do they print dollars over there or what?
i am not understanding.
yes, they print dollars.
Re: Nigeria To Repay IMF $3.4bn In 5 Years by knowhowk: 11:51pm On May 01, 2020
Corporate2020:
Please borrow more Buhari and complete Lagos-Ibadan Expressway, Lagos-Abeokuta-Ibadan-Ilorin-Kano Railway and the 2nd Niger Bridge which Goatluck Jonaddaft commissioned on the drawing board and name it Muhammadu Buhari 2nd Niger Bridge. Also start the Lagos-Calabar Eastern Corridor Railway.

When the next looter comes in as President, he will be paying the loans and there will be little to loot while Nigerians will be enjoying the infrastructure built with the loans.
. Off course He is borrowing more now .You know it's good for a Saint President,Absolutely a 1 Million percent Honest man that has not stolen or took a single penny from the Government Purse apart from His monthly salary should borrow more ,Kai This Buhari is just an Angel without Single Blemish ,Can u imagine even all His medical trip abroad was paid with His Salary ,During PTF ,He never took a penny ,Kai Walayi he is indeed Mr Integrity .

3 Likes

Re: Nigeria To Repay IMF $3.4bn In 5 Years by GiftcardandBTC(m): 12:00am On May 02, 2020
Debt upon debt

1 Like

Re: Nigeria To Repay IMF $3.4bn In 5 Years by BrainArk(m): 12:10am On May 02, 2020
;DThe next looter after this one will have nothing left to loot

This government is doing well rotfl
Re: Nigeria To Repay IMF $3.4bn In 5 Years by tony5(m): 12:11am On May 02, 2020
This Bad, God Will Save Us In This Country..
Instead Of Begging During This Corona Period, I Do A Little Business To Earn A Living Please Check My Signature And Patronise Me.. Hunger Virus Must Not Kill Somebody
Re: Nigeria To Repay IMF $3.4bn In 5 Years by aimmoney9: 12:17am On May 02, 2020
Corporate2020:

Stop deceiving urself buhari just mortgaged Nigeria future as he has borrowed more than all our former democratic presidents put together.....
Only debt servicing alone is a problem...
How many projects has he started and completed that u can list...
All he engages in are white elephant projects..
Well 2023 is near
Re: Nigeria To Repay IMF $3.4bn In 5 Years by Nobody: 12:25am On May 02, 2020
Racoon:

https://leadership.ng/2020/04/30/nigeria-to-repay-imf-3-4bn-in-5-years/

Buhari borrowed to buy presidential form.

We are not suprised

1 Like

Re: Nigeria To Repay IMF $3.4bn In 5 Years by ArcSEMPECJ(m): 12:51am On May 02, 2020
Even if Any western Country buys Nigeria today.....believe me , give them 5 years, there will be a turn around....

Bad leadership kills a country like cancer.....

Meanwhile Nigerian currency now is almost the least valued in Africa as of today
Re: Nigeria To Repay IMF $3.4bn In 5 Years by OyinO: 5:01am On May 02, 2020
Nigeria to pay, abi the Politicians who took it are to pay? The west and traitorous leaders selling and buying the future of our resources and destinies. Unborn generations sold out and born into foreign debt!
Re: Nigeria To Repay IMF $3.4bn In 5 Years by Nobody: 6:59am On May 02, 2020
Yenefer:
I guess When the Chinese pay us the 200billion dollars we sued them cus of Covid19

Getting a loan from IMF is more reasonable though both have underline conditions but theirs might have no hidden agenda.

Contrary is the case with China; I'm even more afraid for the generations yet unborn because China is practicing a new form of economic colonialism to gain control of the Nigeria's valuable natural resources by luring our unsuspecting government into so-called debt traps.
Re: Nigeria To Repay IMF $3.4bn In 5 Years by silifat11(m): 7:02am On May 02, 2020
Last last, we go seek for Debt forgiveness. We no go pay am finish.. haha
Re: Nigeria To Repay IMF $3.4bn In 5 Years by jaxxy(m): 7:26am On May 02, 2020
Corporate2020:

If u are going to build infrastructure build smtn that will stand the test of time. Build smtn that won't be outdated or mismanaged in the next 10/15 years. It is not enough to build infrastructure. To maintain infrastructure u need a smooth running economy or else infrastructure will decay.

Infrastructure doesn't maintain Itself, people do, people with jobs do, systems with cash flow do. Not magic, luck or nature.

Infrastructure can be redundant if not above standard, used, maintained and sustained.

What kind of infrastructure are we borrowing so much to build??

How do we maintain and sustain such questionable infrastructure with massive poverty?

Without diversifying and opening the economy are these loans sustainable?

How do u borrow so much and yet be the poverty capital of the world?? Wrong policies at work..
Re: Nigeria To Repay IMF $3.4bn In 5 Years by Nobody: 7:28am On May 02, 2020
If I were the next govt, I would go undercover and look for every single one of them that was involved in corruption, embezzlement and bribery. Seize all their properties and accounts. I would make sure they pay even to the last penny and throw them into jail with extreme hard labour.
Mehn... D number of people that would be involved will be massive.
Re: Nigeria To Repay IMF $3.4bn In 5 Years by sLentlover7778(m): 7:33am On May 02, 2020
As a man thinketh in his heart so he is..(proverb 23:7a) I say a very big Amen to your heart desires in Jesus name..

Together we shall make it by his grace.. grin grin grin

Westernlove:

Amen I claim this to myself by God's grace and his mercies on me...

1 Like

Re: Nigeria To Repay IMF $3.4bn In 5 Years by DanDeeBoss(m): 7:38am On May 02, 2020
Corporate2020:

senseless comment......undecidedundecided.
Re: Nigeria To Repay IMF $3.4bn In 5 Years by DanDeeBoss(m): 7:41am On May 02, 2020
BrainArk:
;DThe next looter after this one will have nothing left to loot

This government is doing well rotfl
Indeed undecided You think so??
Re: Nigeria To Repay IMF $3.4bn In 5 Years by DanDeeBoss(m): 7:43am On May 02, 2020
Moukandjo:

It's not even possible for that satanic & demonic party to return to power.
Ineffectual buffoons like the drunkard from otuoke & that shameless international thief being in power has taught us some lessons.
And which party are you wishing to come on board?? grin
Re: Nigeria To Repay IMF $3.4bn In 5 Years by SmartchildTutor: 8:16am On May 02, 2020
With the way Buhari is taking loans up and down, 2023 presidential election may have no reasonable candidate.
Re: Nigeria To Repay IMF $3.4bn In 5 Years by GEEBITE: 10:08am On May 02, 2020
Yeah,he is really serving from the backseat .
Kuginzi:
am neither surprised nor worried by their hatred for president Buhari. A cat and rats cannot live in the same place. Too many things divide and draw heavy distinction between president Buhari and his haters. He loves Nigeria, they hate it. He is honest, they are dishonest. He has character, they lack it. He pursues the hereafter, they struggle to get the world in their armpits. He is patriotic, they are greedy & selfish. He serves, they detail and enslave. HE IS DEVOID OF MORAL STAINS, THEY ARE IMMORALITY PERSONIFIED. His past is clean and shinny, their past hunts them. They are thieves. How can they love him?

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Plots And Intrigues That Undid Oshiomhole’s NWC / Osinbajo Must Defend Allegations Against Jonathan, Saraki - Timi Frank / Parties Pay Supporters N2,000 Each To Attend Rallies

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 41
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.