Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,594 members, 7,809,155 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 01:43 AM

Lagos New Guidelines For Public Transport Operations - Travel - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Lagos New Guidelines For Public Transport Operations (63214 Views)

Lagos-New York Flight Price Throwback: This Was Nigeria. What Do You Think Now? / COVID-19: FAAN Releases New Guidelines For Air Travellers / Dubai Tram: Why Don't We Have This Mode Of Public Transport In Nigeria? (Photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Lagos New Guidelines For Public Transport Operations by Islie: 8:12pm On May 01, 2020
The Lagos State Government on Thursday issued fresh guidelines for public transport operations in the state as part of the controlled measures to ease the lockdown over COVID-19 pandemic.

The state Commissioner for Transportation, Dr Frederic Oladeinde, released the guidelines at a news conference in Lagos.

According to him, public transport operations within the state shall be between the hours of 6.00a.m and 7.00p.m daily from May 4.

The News Agency of Nigeria (NAN) reports that the new guidelines bring a slight difference to the Federal Government directive that ordered 8.00p.m to 6.00a.m curfew in Lagos, Ogun and Abuja as from May 4.

Oladeinde told newsmen that the guidelines should be followed by commuters and transport operators in the state until further notice.

He reiterated that inter-state operation had been suspended until further notice, except for essential services.

According to him, the operations of commercial motorcycles, popularly known as “Okada”, has been suspended indefinitely across the state.

The commissioner said that commuters were mandated to wear face mask at all times, sanitise their hands with alcohol base sanitisers or wash their hands with soap and running water before and after each trip.

”All transport operators/companies are expected to disinfect their vehicles, parks and garages regularly and continuously in collaboration/supervision of the Ministry of the Environment and Water Resources to ensure standards and safety of the disinfectant being used.

“All transport operators/companies are expected to have at the entrance of their respective parks handwashing equipment with running water and alcohol-based sanitisers.

“Disinfectant companies are to be guided by the Environmental Health Unit of the Ministry of Environment and Water Resources.

“Operators are expected to have alcohol-based Sanitisers in their vehicles for both drivers, conductors and passengers,” Oladeinde said.

According to him, motor parks and garages must not be overcrowded with passengers and commercial activities at any point in time.

He said that social distancing was required for passengers queuing to board buses.

“NCDC recommends that at least 2m (5feet) distance is required between people; operators are not allowed to over crowd/over load their vehicles at this point in time.

“All public buses should be 60 per cent capacity (i.e for busees, one passenger with driver in front seat, two passengers on the back rows each and two passengers for tricycle),” he added.

Oladeinde said trucks and individual transporting foods and other raw materials into the state must comply with the guidelines.

He said that the driver and other individuals on such vehicle must always use face marks and an alcohol based hand sanitisers.

Oladeinde said that all vehicles carrying foods and other agricultural produce in and out of Lagos must not carry passengers more than seven on board.

According to him, vehicles used for the transportation of food items and other services must be disinfected before gaining access into the state’s border and when leaving, under strict monitoring by relevant government agencies.

https://m.guardian.ng/news/lagos-government-issues-fresh-guidelines-for-public-transport-operations/

Dr Frederic Oladeinde

9 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Lagos New Guidelines For Public Transport Operations by Nobody: 8:14pm On May 01, 2020
Who is fooling who with this directive? How will they enforce this? Common sense is not common in this dead country ruled by demonic illiterates.

207 Likes 12 Shares

Re: Lagos New Guidelines For Public Transport Operations by TodayNAlways: 8:28pm On May 01, 2020
Let's see how things pan out though

18 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Lagos New Guidelines For Public Transport Operations by Abaman001(m): 8:31pm On May 01, 2020
With all the traffic in Lagos, more headache for commuters in Lagos......

You are the lord that healeth thee, you are the Lord my healer, you sent ur word and heal my disease you are the Lord my healer......

oh lord send ur word and heal our land.

76 Likes

Re: Lagos New Guidelines For Public Transport Operations by AtikuNetwork: 8:31pm On May 01, 2020
But will Lagosians comply?

28 Likes

Re: Lagos New Guidelines For Public Transport Operations by Pr0cter: 8:31pm On May 01, 2020
Government should just declare the whole of 2020 as public holiday.

I'm tired of this pick 2, another pick 2 again, general market and hold on.

Because from next week what we would be hearing is:

Ooo Por Por Por Por Por!!!
Ooo Juu Juu Juu Juu Juu!!!
E Plenty!!!

81 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Lagos New Guidelines For Public Transport Operations by brightology3: 8:31pm On May 01, 2020
Ok

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Lagos New Guidelines For Public Transport Operations by ybalogs(m): 8:31pm On May 01, 2020
Let's hope we don't go the Ghana way. I really fear for this mild let off.

24 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Lagos New Guidelines For Public Transport Operations by sLentlover7778(m): 8:31pm On May 01, 2020
I am touching the hair on my head and beard, and am thinking of the Hair Cut Boom barbers will experience, post COVID-19.

The kain money those guys go make after lockdown eh, e go remain small make dem use am buy Benz.. grin grin grin

40 Likes 5 Shares

Re: Lagos New Guidelines For Public Transport Operations by motherlode: 8:31pm On May 01, 2020
Hmmm...
To a veritable extent, some Lagosians would take self precautions tho as regards queuing and the use of face mask but the aspect of disinfecting public buses...

Can you really tell this to the Danfo Drivers or Tricycle operators?

Because I believe this kind of reviewed guideline is for an organised transport system...

14 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Lagos New Guidelines For Public Transport Operations by martowskin1(m): 8:32pm On May 01, 2020
Directives my foot... It is about to get ugly.

What the western world forecasted about Africa is about to happen

15 Likes 1 Share

Re: Lagos New Guidelines For Public Transport Operations by OgaHector: 8:32pm On May 01, 2020
We don't live by rules.. govt rules are for the weak

7 Likes

Re: Lagos New Guidelines For Public Transport Operations by DontCough: 8:32pm On May 01, 2020
Good one from the Lagos State Government. I hope Lagosians heeds.

Governance isn't about our Leaders alone, Governance is our Civil Duty.
Civilians are a major force in Governance through obedience to Leadership directives.

10 Likes

Re: Lagos New Guidelines For Public Transport Operations by OakConsultNG: 8:32pm On May 01, 2020
Interesting times

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Lagos New Guidelines For Public Transport Operations by babyfaceafrica: 8:32pm On May 01, 2020
Audio directive

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Lagos New Guidelines For Public Transport Operations by Mene12(f): 8:32pm On May 01, 2020
This will make the virus spread more. God help us

1 Like

Re: Lagos New Guidelines For Public Transport Operations by jericco1(m): 8:32pm On May 01, 2020
All these things are not feasible in a congested state like Lagos or anywhere in Nigeria.. I just can't wait to see how third mainland bridge will look like on Monday undecided

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: Lagos New Guidelines For Public Transport Operations by teemann24: 8:32pm On May 01, 2020
let see how it goes on monday

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Lagos New Guidelines For Public Transport Operations by StrikeBack(m): 8:32pm On May 01, 2020
grin
I'll wait for the updated version on Sunday night

Our USELESS rulers never disappoints

9 Likes 1 Share

Re: Lagos New Guidelines For Public Transport Operations by NwaNimo1(m): 8:32pm On May 01, 2020

23 Likes 1 Share

Re: Lagos New Guidelines For Public Transport Operations by musb92yahooco: 8:33pm On May 01, 2020
Fail government when the tell the useless government to close border they are busy opening teeth up and down very stupid government

5 Likes

Re: Lagos New Guidelines For Public Transport Operations by Betexposer: 8:33pm On May 01, 2020
Na so we dey hear

19 Likes

Re: Lagos New Guidelines For Public Transport Operations by JubrinElSudan: 8:33pm On May 01, 2020
The same way I entered a full keke(5 passengers) today in Oghara instead of 2 passengers like Okowa said in his speech. Enforcement has always been our issue in this country, the same way the security guys in the various state boarders take bribe and allow people to enter. The bitter truth is that the cases will increase with the relax of the lockdown, humans are very difficult to control or been left without supervision

7 Likes

Re: Lagos New Guidelines For Public Transport Operations by Legendguru: 8:33pm On May 01, 2020
I guess they want all companies to sack their staffs then no boss will want his employee to resume work at 11am after spending hours in traffic .lagosians leave their homes from4am to be able to get to work around 7am by scaling through the hurdle of traffic . Not to talk of when bike has been banned

13 Likes

Re: Lagos New Guidelines For Public Transport Operations by Adjovi: 8:33pm On May 01, 2020
Hmm o GA o. In this Lagos abi another Lagos in another country

3 Likes

Re: Lagos New Guidelines For Public Transport Operations by Majornuggets(m): 8:33pm On May 01, 2020
This guidelines can’t stand when oluomo is the transporters chairman .. lol

1 Like

Re: Lagos New Guidelines For Public Transport Operations by Mizwisdom(f): 8:33pm On May 01, 2020
Okada is better than squeezing inside Bus. What is Sanwo Olu's issue with masses? some families depend on okada business for sustainance it's unfortunate

8 Likes

Re: Lagos New Guidelines For Public Transport Operations by SkgeeBoss(m): 8:33pm On May 01, 2020
SOCIAL DISTANCING
6a.m to 7p.m
3 passengers per cab
Buses should carry 70% passengers or so

I foresee massive congestion in parks and people not able to come back home at when due...

In conclusion things are about to go worst...

6 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Lagos New Guidelines For Public Transport Operations by Kobicove(m): 8:34pm On May 01, 2020
It's not churning out new guidelines that is the issue its implementation and ensuring compliance that are the real issues!

1 Like

Re: Lagos New Guidelines For Public Transport Operations by AmazingELixir: 8:34pm On May 01, 2020
lipsrsealed

People that commute from Ogun state should just continue their holiday...they can't comman kee their selves

3 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

My Visit To 1000-Year-Old Tree & Byzantine Museum In Greece (photos) / My Experience In Germany As A Foreign Student / Buhari Hotels And Restaurants Spotted In India (PHOTOS)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 25
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.