Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,016 members, 7,817,995 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 02:46 AM

Help!!! Bank Fraud Alert - Crime - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Crime / Help!!! Bank Fraud Alert (685 Views)

Help! Bank Financial Crime / Cocaine: Tammy Olaiya Pleads Guilty To Drug Trafficking And Bank Fraud / Access Bank Fraud (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Help!!! Bank Fraud Alert by UncleDaddy2017(m): 11:26am On May 02, 2020
Hello Nairalanders,

Please I need to help. My elder brother just got a call this morning (Saturday Morning) from a number (09036096628).

The fraudulent caller said, he wanted my brother to verify his Date-of-Birth. That is 3047 the correct date?

So my brother told the guy that he has many banks, so which one in particular. In annoyance, the caller said, First Bank.

My brother told him he doesn't use first Bank and fraudster quickly ended the call.

Earlier this week, my brother applied for these "quick loans, no collateral" apps on Google Play. Specifically, Fair Money, Aella and Carbon.

In the course of the registration, he filled his BVN, account number. Although there's no money in the account, but he's worried about it because the caller mentioned the day (30) and the Year (47) correctly.

So I decided to ask Nairalanders if there should be a cause to worry. Cos even me, am becoming worried for him although I tried to encourage him there wasn't.
Re: Help!!! Bank Fraud Alert by majamajic(m): 11:29am On May 02, 2020
As u can see , they are already on his matter
Re: Help!!! Bank Fraud Alert by carbon1224(m): 11:29am On May 02, 2020
Tell your brother to visit all his banks and place his account on token only which they would give him from banks. No pin token only then he would be safe

1 Like

Re: Help!!! Bank Fraud Alert by UncleDaddy2017(m): 11:33am On May 02, 2020
carbon1224:
Tell your brother to visit all his banks and place his account on token only which they would give him from banks. No pin token only then he would be safe

The PIN token protects the account from being accessed by others right??
Re: Help!!! Bank Fraud Alert by barrwebilor(m): 4:29pm On May 02, 2020
They wanted to verify before the issue the loan
Re: Help!!! Bank Fraud Alert by ubcandid(m): 9:41pm On May 02, 2020
Most times, the problem with fraud issues in the country lies in the inability of corporate organisations to make use of professional customised identity and communication tools.

I have seen top tier firms using google forms, yahoo and gmail, normal GSM numbers e.t.c
All these make it hard to verify on authenticity.
The latest trend I've noticed on facebook is personal staff accounts are being used to respond to customers complaints on first bank's page.

We have a long way to go.

1 Like

Re: Help!!! Bank Fraud Alert by freethesheeple(m): 9:13am On May 03, 2020
They are on ur brother matter..
Re: Help!!! Bank Fraud Alert by Akhagbenidestin(m): 9:56am On May 03, 2020
with that bvn he can't steal the money expect you tell him the details of your ATM card nor fear no wahala

3 Likes

(1) (Reply)

My Chat With A Binomo Scammer. (photos) / Rivers State Task Force Cuts Off A Man's Finger For Wrong Parking / #ENDSARS: Student Killed By SARS OFFICIAL In Ogbomosho During Protest(video)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 14
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.