Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,656 members, 7,809,482 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 10:24 AM

White Woman Dies Mysteriously After Summoning An African Spirit Using Voodoo - Crime - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Crime / White Woman Dies Mysteriously After Summoning An African Spirit Using Voodoo (10897 Views)

Man Dies Mysteriously At Lagos Park (Photo) / My Brother, 6 Other Osun Partygoers Died Mysteriously After Drinking Skushies / How Thieves Entered My Room And Carted Away A Lot Of Items Using Voodoo Or Charm (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

White Woman Dies Mysteriously After Summoning An African Spirit Using Voodoo by ExAngel007(f): 1:31pm On May 02, 2020

A White woman has died mysteriously after
she ignored warnings from social media users
when she revealed her plans to dabble into
voodoo and summon an African spirit known
as Papa Legba.

Katelyn “Kat” Restin, a 19-year-old Virginia
woman, was found dead after she allegedly
drowned in a bathtub according to one of her
friends. People are blaming her death on her
practicing Haitian Vodou summoning spells.

Restin died two days after she claimed that
she saw Papa Legba apparently after a
summoning spell people warned her not to
try.

Papa Legba is one of the best known figures
in African spirituality. He serves as an
intermediary between man and the spirit
world. Several movies have been made about
him, including the American horror story
"Coven".

Kat Restin was part of a group on social
media that practiced spells, and one day she
decided to go into voodoo.

Twitter and Facebook users warned her not to
try it but she insisted and said everyone
should be allowed to practice whatever
spirituality they want to practice.

She added: "Shut the f*** up and let me be."

Some of her friends also defended her
decision.

Three weeks after the post, and other posts
showing her practicing voodoo, she made a
post stating she saw Papa Legba. She added
that she was "scared".

Unfortunately, Kat Restin died two days later.

Someone in her group, who claims to
commune with the spirits, stated that they
did a reading on the late Kat Restin and it
wasn’t Papa Legba she saw but another
dreaded spirit, Baron Samedi.

Friends have taken to Twitter and Facebook to
mourn Restin's death. However, some said
she doesn't deserve their pity.

Restin's obituary states that her cause of
death was sudden.

The obituary reads: "Katelyn is survived by
her daughter Aaliyah Hope Restin, mother
Terry Restin, father John Restin, brothers
Kevin and Ryan (Blakely) Restin; aunts,
Margaret Volk, Mary (Rick) Page, Betty (Joe)
Aukward; Uncle, Eric (Susan) Restin, and many
cousins and other relatives, all of who she
loved and touched deeply."

The family has set up a GoFundMe for
Katelyn’s death.

https://sundiatapost.com/white-woman-dies-mysteriously-after-summoning-an-african-spirit-using-voodoo-photo/

lalasticlala

1 Share

Re: White Woman Dies Mysteriously After Summoning An African Spirit Using Voodoo by GREOLLO: 1:36pm On May 02, 2020
Scary
Re: White Woman Dies Mysteriously After Summoning An African Spirit Using Voodoo by EzzyCarter: 1:37pm On May 02, 2020
Never mess with powers you haven't fully grasped their ways. You could pay for it with your life. Worst part is ur relatives would be the one to bear the anguish of ur folly sad

1 Like

Re: White Woman Dies Mysteriously After Summoning An African Spirit Using Voodoo by donbachi(m): 1:41pm On May 02, 2020
To stop further deaths in her family..they need to come to africa,nigeria in particular.to seek the help of traditional rulers to perform some traditional rites...she get luck sey i no be yahooboy,i for use her death scam her family.

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: White Woman Dies Mysteriously After Summoning An African Spirit Using Voodoo by fineguy11(m): 1:43pm On May 02, 2020
There are different methods of knowing....She died trying to practice the Traditional method of inquiry.

1 Like

Re: White Woman Dies Mysteriously After Summoning An African Spirit Using Voodoo by Humanoid01(m): 1:48pm On May 02, 2020
Papa legba ti fi egba na eleyi o, lol.

The only thing I'm concerned about right now is what skeptics of the supernatural are going to say.

Make I pitch my tent here dey wait for them.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: White Woman Dies Mysteriously After Summoning An African Spirit Using Voodoo by nonyofor2(m): 1:59pm On May 02, 2020
She will now receive sense in the grave

1 Like

Re: White Woman Dies Mysteriously After Summoning An African Spirit Using Voodoo by NOC1(m): 2:02pm On May 02, 2020
Now I am interested in summoning him, where others failed Ijele will succeed.

I want to summon Him and ask him the way forward with West Africa as a region, who did we offend and ways we can get it right.

Then ask him about Nigeria if he can stay that long with me.

It is give and take, he who is not carrying anything cannot break anything, battles are meant to be fought, war don’t kill all that fought in it, some will survive.

2 Likes

Re: White Woman Dies Mysteriously After Summoning An African Spirit Using Voodoo by Sinerman: 2:07pm On May 02, 2020
African black powers
Re: White Woman Dies Mysteriously After Summoning An African Spirit Using Voodoo by Ezennwa(m): 2:11pm On May 02, 2020
hmm!

just negodu, wasted beauty

8 Likes 3 Shares

Re: White Woman Dies Mysteriously After Summoning An African Spirit Using Voodoo by bmdmixer: 2:17pm On May 02, 2020
how did she do it i wud love to know
Re: White Woman Dies Mysteriously After Summoning An African Spirit Using Voodoo by drips8(m): 2:34pm On May 02, 2020
She should have consulted a medium or priest to help her. Best you can do regarding Haitian voodoo spirits is study them without try to initiate contacts with them.
Re: White Woman Dies Mysteriously After Summoning An African Spirit Using Voodoo by devilmaycry: 2:38pm On May 02, 2020
NOC1:
Now I am interested in summoning him, where others failed Ijele will succeed.

I want to summon Him and ask him the way forward with West Africa as a region, who did we offend and ways we can get it right.

Then ask him about Nigeria if he can stay that long with me.

It is give and take, he who is not carrying anything cannot break anything, battles are meant to be fought, war don’t kill all that fought in it, some will survive.

6 Likes

Re: White Woman Dies Mysteriously After Summoning An African Spirit Using Voodoo by thundafire: 3:13pm On May 02, 2020
Re: White Woman Dies Mysteriously After Summoning An African Spirit Using Voodoo by Tallesty1(m): 3:16pm On May 02, 2020
Waiting patiently for the only in Africa crew

1 Like

Re: White Woman Dies Mysteriously After Summoning An African Spirit Using Voodoo by Nobody: 3:21pm On May 02, 2020
ExAngel007:

A White woman has died mysteriously after
she ignored warnings from social media users
when she revealed her plans to dabble into
voodoo and summon an African spirit known
as Papa Legba.
/

lalasticlala

You did not mention how to summon him

I remember how I summoned Bloody Mary upon all the myth, legends and superstitions

I paid for it dearly but didn't die.

And I believe what doesn't kill me will make me stronger haqhaqhaqhaq

Re: White Woman Dies Mysteriously After Summoning An African Spirit Using Voodoo by Krak(m): 4:00pm On May 02, 2020
I think this Papa Legba is roughly the same as Esu in Yoruba traditional religion.
Re: White Woman Dies Mysteriously After Summoning An African Spirit Using Voodoo by Nostradamus: 4:13pm On May 02, 2020
donbachi:
To stop further deaths in her family..they need to come to africa,nigeria in particular.to seek the help of traditional rulers to perform some traditional rites...she get luck sey i no be yahooboy,i for use her death scam her family.
any yahoo boy that uses her death to scam her family should be ready for a visitation from the daemon that killed her.

6 Likes

Re: White Woman Dies Mysteriously After Summoning An African Spirit Using Voodoo by Nostradamus: 4:14pm On May 02, 2020
Krak:
I think this Papa Legba is roughly the same as Esu in Yoruba traditional religion.
you're right bros.

Esu laalu.
Re: White Woman Dies Mysteriously After Summoning An African Spirit Using Voodoo by Nostradamus: 4:16pm On May 02, 2020
devilmaycry:
grin grin

You got me laughing grin
Re: White Woman Dies Mysteriously After Summoning An African Spirit Using Voodoo by Elimon(m): 4:29pm On May 02, 2020
The Voodoo sounds Yoruba...no offence...but most juju done in the carribeans have Yoruba links

2 Likes

Re: White Woman Dies Mysteriously After Summoning An African Spirit Using Voodoo by Nobody: 4:30pm On May 02, 2020
Ok. She got what she requested for.
Re: White Woman Dies Mysteriously After Summoning An African Spirit Using Voodoo by TooMuchStuff: 4:36pm On May 02, 2020
But the Lady herself is a white witch.
Think she just migrated to dark region as eartheral energy without form
Re: White Woman Dies Mysteriously After Summoning An African Spirit Using Voodoo by gasparpisciotta: 4:37pm On May 02, 2020
Popular voodoo, papa legbaa.

Featured in ‘live and let die’- James Bond Indomie generation may not know that film.

1 Like

Re: White Woman Dies Mysteriously After Summoning An African Spirit Using Voodoo by ZhiosonWind: 4:43pm On May 02, 2020
Papa Legba was featured in the movie
Cloud Atlas.
A very interesting movie about the journey of souls from one life time to another

1 Like

Re: White Woman Dies Mysteriously After Summoning An African Spirit Using Voodoo by shilenji(m): 5:23pm On May 02, 2020
why I'm I hearing baba legba, something is telling me it was stolen from nigeria
Re: White Woman Dies Mysteriously After Summoning An African Spirit Using Voodoo by Pearlyakin(m): 5:46pm On May 02, 2020
Krak:
I think the full meaning is papa elegbara (Esu) but Cubans call it Ellegua instead of legba.

4 Likes

Re: White Woman Dies Mysteriously After Summoning An African Spirit Using Voodoo by McStoic(m): 7:10pm On May 02, 2020
ZhiosonWind:
Papa Legba was featured in the movie
Cloud Atlas.
A very interesting movie about the journey of souls from one life time to another
Woow.,this is interesting
Re: White Woman Dies Mysteriously After Summoning An African Spirit Using Voodoo by Ayo8(m): 7:26pm On May 02, 2020
She is with the demon; he wanted her to join him...
Re: White Woman Dies Mysteriously After Summoning An African Spirit Using Voodoo by Nobody: 8:17pm On May 02, 2020
Am I the only one who doesn't believe stuff like this??

I am a bloody skeptic as far as things revolving around the "spiritual" are concerned.

As far as I am concerned, those things ain't real.

As a kid, I kept on hearing about mermaids and crap like that from folks from the village but I have been on and around several bodies of water and I ain't seen any one of these imaginary creatures.

Let's give it a break, guys. sad

Reason, I don't dig religion a lot.

3 Likes 2 Shares

Re: White Woman Dies Mysteriously After Summoning An African Spirit Using Voodoo by Nobody: 9:23pm On May 02, 2020
Well, thank you OP. Reading this at 5:54 am isn't scary at all...

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Exposed: Meet Anambra State Killer Corp And Organ Harvester, Patrick Agbazue / Bomb Explosion Hits Dalori Quarters In Maiduguri / Customs Seizes 2,430 Bags Of Rice In Owerri

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 27
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.