Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,192 members, 7,818,630 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 08:13 PM

Have You Ever Cried While Listening To A Song - Family - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Have You Ever Cried While Listening To A Song (2033 Views)

A Lady Has Cried Out That She Can't Get A Man Because Of Her Nose / Before DNA, Consider The Emotional Health Of Your Wife And Child, Lady Cried Out / British Lady Cried Out After Seeing The Picture Of Her Man Marrying Another Lady (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Have You Ever Cried While Listening To A Song by Nobody: 2:06pm On May 02, 2020
I just stream this song online.. right now i feel so emotional.. at some points i felt like cry

His lyrics are really touching it gives me goosebumps

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YA3NcmUDVnw

Share yours if you have experience any
Re: Have You Ever Cried While Listening To A Song by Nobody: 2:06pm On May 02, 2020
Re: Have You Ever Cried While Listening To A Song by Iceberg3: 2:14pm On May 02, 2020
Whakanda rubbish be this,why quote yourself?
Mtcheeeeww
Re: Have You Ever Cried While Listening To A Song by Sabby1(m): 2:31pm On May 02, 2020
I have never cried while listening to a song, but whenever I listen to Christian music like Hillsong "where feet may fail," I often feel emotional.

1 Like

Re: Have You Ever Cried While Listening To A Song by DopeDrugDealer(m): 2:44pm On May 02, 2020
No songs but usually movies, the last one was 'The endless summer' a surfing movie.

2 Likes

Re: Have You Ever Cried While Listening To A Song by helinues: 2:45pm On May 02, 2020
When nobody beats me...
Re: Have You Ever Cried While Listening To A Song by crackkhaus: 3:04pm On May 02, 2020
Listening to a song? Nah.
I might develop some kind of emotion with the song, but never cry.

For movies though, lol...
I might get watery eyes, still NOT cry, if the movie hits me hard enough.

The last one I saw where this happened was titled Harriet, the true life story of the abolitionist, Harriet Tubman... a woman who single-handedly walked miles just to rescue slaves when no one else believed she could succeed.

For a minute in one scene, I felt my eyes getting watery...then I remembered someone was beside me, so I quickly received sense. She still suspected me though cheesy

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: Have You Ever Cried While Listening To A Song by NextD18: 3:07pm On May 02, 2020
crackkhaus:
Listening to a song? Nah.
I might develop some kind of emotion with the song, but never cry.

For movies though, lol...
I can get watery eyes, still NOT cry, if the movie hits me hard enough.

The last one I saw where this happened was titled Harriet, the true life story of the abolitionist, Harriet Tubman... a woman who single-handedly walked miles just to rescue slaves when no one else believed she could succeed.

For a minute in one scene, I felt my eyes getting watery...then I remembered someone was beside me, so I quickly received sense. She still suspected me though cheesy
A lady I guess. If yes! You felt it was unreasonable to cry before her? cheesy
Re: Have You Ever Cried While Listening To A Song by ibkayee(f): 3:09pm On May 02, 2020
Plenty of times, it could be the lyrics or an instrumental alone

I don't even need to be 'sad', I can't explain it, I have a very emotional connection with music

2 Likes

Re: Have You Ever Cried While Listening To A Song by crackkhaus: 3:13pm On May 02, 2020
NextD18:

A lady I guess. If yes! You felt it was unreasonable to cry before her? cheesy
I was never going to cry, as in CRY actually...but when my eyes became watery, anyone who looks directly at me would notice.

And for someone who had never seen me cry or even get the sniffles because of teary eyes, I was not going to let her first time be because of a movie. cheesy

2 Likes

Re: Have You Ever Cried While Listening To A Song by NextD18: 3:20pm On May 02, 2020
crackkhaus:

I was never going to cry, as in CRY actually...but when my eyes became watery, anyone who looks directly at me would notice.

And for someone who had never seen me cry or even get the sniffles because of teary eyes, I was not going to let her first time be because of a movie. cheesy
Lmao! I get. I believe you have your reasons sha.

Funny enough, she might have noticed and pretended not to, maybe even laughed in her mind. grin

Me, i had to stop watching anything Korean or Philippine movie when I almost cried like a child before some friends. That day no funny me atall.cheesy

1 Like

Re: Have You Ever Cried While Listening To A Song by Nobody: 3:34pm On May 02, 2020
Emotionless
Re: Have You Ever Cried While Listening To A Song by crackkhaus: 3:48pm On May 02, 2020
NextD18:

Lmao! I get. I believe you have your reasons sha.

Funny enough, she might have noticed and pretended not to, maybe even laughed in her mind. grin

Me, i had to stop watching anything Korean or Philippine movie when I almost cried like a child before some friends. That day no funny me atall.cheesy
Are those Korean or Phillipino movies that good? cheesy

I don't watch them though, except when it comes highly recommended...never really had any interest in Asian movies/series.

I had to see the Korean movie Parasite just because of the Oscars it won at the last Academy Awards. I needed to understand why/how that happened. grin

1 Like

Re: Have You Ever Cried While Listening To A Song by Richy4(m): 4:18pm On May 02, 2020
I have felt emotional but not cry..

I went on YouTube one time, found an old school Christian video song 'I pledge allegiance to the lamb'..

I felt kind of weird and sorry for the little boy whose dad was gonna be killed for preaching.. especially when the dad was telling him to take care of him mum.. since then, I have never gone back to that video.. I don't wanna get mushy- mushy over nothing.
Re: Have You Ever Cried While Listening To A Song by LilMissFavvy(f): 4:26pm On May 02, 2020
Name of artiste: Hillsong United
Song title: Even when it hurts
The powerful lyrics knocked me off.... Till a tear fell off shocked
Re: Have You Ever Cried While Listening To A Song by Hathor5(f): 4:32pm On May 02, 2020
Christina Aguilera - Hurt
I can't listen to this song. It makes me extremely sad and cry bitterly.
Re: Have You Ever Cried While Listening To A Song by Bbbwings: 4:47pm On May 02, 2020
crackkhaus:

I don't watch them though, except when it comes highly recommended...never really had any interest in Asian movies/series.

I had to see the Korean movie Parasite just because of the Oscars it won at the last Academy Awards. I needed to understand why/how that happened. grin
It is a good movie
Re: Have You Ever Cried While Listening To A Song by NextD18: 5:02pm On May 02, 2020
crackkhaus:

Yea, some are really interesting o! That "Parasite" dope? The one I saw should be "No greater love", and it was my last.

It was recommended thou, and it was worth my time. Very interesting movie. You need to see how addictive the movie had me.grin

Looking forward to see "Miracle in Cell No 7", heard a lot about it.

1 Like

Re: Have You Ever Cried While Listening To A Song by crackkhaus: 5:07pm On May 02, 2020
Bbbwings:

It is a good movie
Yup, that was my final conclusion after seeing it.

1 Like

Re: Have You Ever Cried While Listening To A Song by crackkhaus: 5:09pm On May 02, 2020
NextD18:

Yea, some are really interesting o! That "Parasite" dope? The one I saw should be "No greater love", and it was my last.

It was recommended thou, and it was worth my time. Very interesting movie. You need to see how addictive the movie had me.grin

Looking forward to see "Miracle in Cell No 7", heard a lot about it.
Lots of hype followed this one, but it was quite generic to me... you know, cinematic happy endings grin

The emotional undertones were enough to give it a pass though.
Re: Have You Ever Cried While Listening To A Song by NextD18: 5:17pm On May 02, 2020
crackkhaus:

Lots of hype followed this one, but it was quite generic to me... you know, cinematic happy endings grin

The emotional undertones were enough to give it a pass though.
Oh! You've seen it? Cool? E worth am?

Mean Nighaz I know had to confess going emotional after seeing the movie. grin
Re: Have You Ever Cried While Listening To A Song by sisisioge: 5:23pm On May 02, 2020
Hmmmm...yeah. I do, especially when I truly listen to the lyrics.

I get misty eyed when I hear some oldies as they just get me thinking that nothing is promised now, nothing is certain...we should just be grateful for every moment. Wow, those guys from the days could sing...watching the videos never cease to floor me. I guess the "time" implication for them then gets me now cos our songs now will be the oldies tomorrow grin

For instance, one of my favourite movies in the world "Nottinghill" has one of my favourite songs " When you say nothing at all" as a sound track....despite haven seen it 50 times before, I still cry when the song comes up smiley
Re: Have You Ever Cried While Listening To A Song by crackkhaus: 5:40pm On May 02, 2020
NextD18:

Oh! You've seen it? Cool? E worth am?

Mean Nighaz I know had to confess going emotional after seeing the movie. grin
It's worth it cool

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Have You Ever Cried While Listening To A Song by emmaodet: 7:40pm On May 02, 2020
crackkhaus:

It's worth it cool
Bro, are you still the moniker - crackhouse's? and crackland?
Re: Have You Ever Cried While Listening To A Song by bukatyne(f): 7:40pm On May 02, 2020
I get emotional listening to very good songs and movies.

Not necessarily teary all the time but an intense connection.

Late last year, we went to a local school for CSR. The kids started singing to appreciate our company then a child forgot her lines and started crying.

Na so all of us join the cry too.

That day was 'funny'. grin

2 Likes

Re: Have You Ever Cried While Listening To A Song by bukatyne(f): 7:44pm On May 02, 2020
Let me pick films from here:

Nottinghill
Parasite - Korean
No greater love - Korean
Miracle in Cell No 7
Harriet.

Keep it coming, you know yourselves grin
Re: Have You Ever Cried While Listening To A Song by crackkhaus: 7:50pm On May 02, 2020
emmaodet:

Bro, are you still the moniker - crack.house's? and crackland?
I am not crackhouse, that's someone else.
I deliberately spelt house differently in my moniker...grin

You already know I'm crackland though, you asked me before cheesy
Re: Have You Ever Cried While Listening To A Song by Zeinymira(f): 8:04pm On May 02, 2020
Yup, I cried the first time I listened to "the return" by Talib
Re: Have You Ever Cried While Listening To A Song by emmaodet: 8:22pm On May 02, 2020
crackkhaus:

I am not crackhouse, that's someone else.
I deliberately spelt house differently in my moniker...grin

You already know I'm crackland though, you asked me before cheesy

Ok oo
Re: Have You Ever Cried While Listening To A Song by KevinDein: 8:23pm On May 02, 2020
bukatyne:
Let me pick films from here:

Nottinghill
Parasite - Korean
No greater love - Korean
Miracle in Cell No 7
Harriet.

Keep it coming, you know yourselves grin

Remember this quote by Julia Roberts;

"I'm just a girl, standing in front of a boy, asking him to love her"
Re: Have You Ever Cried While Listening To A Song by Bola146(f): 8:43pm On May 02, 2020
Yes! Nara ekele mo

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

How Our New Landlord Cheated Us. / A Professional And Super Affordable Website For Your Business. / Online Romance - How Nigerian Woman And American Guy Met Each Other Over The Net

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 52
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.