Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,596 members, 7,820,142 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 10:19 AM

Have You Ever Cried While Listening To A Song - Family (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Have You Ever Cried While Listening To A Song (2037 Views)

A Lady Has Cried Out That She Can't Get A Man Because Of Her Nose / Before DNA, Consider The Emotional Health Of Your Wife And Child, Lady Cried Out / British Lady Cried Out After Seeing The Picture Of Her Man Marrying Another Lady (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Have You Ever Cried While Listening To A Song by brainfordetails: 8:49pm On May 02, 2020
Yes.

Fuji Garbage Series 1-6, by Late Dr. Sikiru Ayinde Barrister.
Re: Have You Ever Cried While Listening To A Song by crackkhaus: 9:12pm On May 02, 2020
emmaodet:

Just asking if you are the type that likes opening many or different monikers to operate
Lol.. this is funny, but no.
Re: Have You Ever Cried While Listening To A Song by Ishilove: 10:01pm On May 02, 2020
Jehovah Witness songs like 'I Want To', 'Pray to Jehovah' and 'Lord You Know My Rest and Waking'. Turned me to an emotional wreck.

And then Celine Dion's 'My Heart Will Go On'. I cried like an Ogbanje missing her mates.

1 Like

Re: Have You Ever Cried While Listening To A Song by ajokeade920: 10:02pm On May 02, 2020
Yes ..yes. anytime I listen to spirit-filled gospel songs like :my world needs you by Kirk Franklin ft Sarah Reeves and sovereign God by Chris Shalom
Re: Have You Ever Cried While Listening To A Song by Twoclans(f): 10:17pm On May 02, 2020
John legend * all of me
Celine * my heart will go on

1 Like

Re: Have You Ever Cried While Listening To A Song by DriggityDre: 10:22pm On May 02, 2020
I get emotional over these songs but I don't cry, even if my eyes get watery, tears don't drop.

A number of MJ songs (Earth, What More Can I Give, etc)
Mirrors & What Goes Around - Justin Timberlake
Breathless - Shayne Ward
My Heart Will Go On - Celine Dion
Adaigo (played in C Minor) - Yanni..... to mention but a few

Basically, I am emotionally attached to music. A big fan of most genres, even classical.
Re: Have You Ever Cried While Listening To A Song by DriggityDre: 10:28pm On May 02, 2020
Ishilove:
And then Celine Dion's 'My Heart Will Go On'. I cried like an Ogbanje missing her mates.
Ah, na so e enter reach

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Have You Ever Cried While Listening To A Song by Nobody: 10:34pm On May 02, 2020
Just did less than 10mins ago.
Was listening to this old childhood song.
Reminded me of a lot!

**Didnt really tear up but felt this sudden rush of emotion that nearly brought tears!
Re: Have You Ever Cried While Listening To A Song by Ishilove: 10:39pm On May 02, 2020
brainfordetails:
Yes.

Fuji Garbage Series 1-6, by Late Dr. Sikiru Ayinde Barrister.
Lmaaaao
Re: Have You Ever Cried While Listening To A Song by Ishilove: 10:40pm On May 02, 2020
DriggityDre:

Ah, na so e enter reach
This doll is super weird

1 Like

Re: Have You Ever Cried While Listening To A Song by bellina715(f): 10:42pm On May 02, 2020
yes have cried countless time for Lionel Richie How long.don't really know why am attached to that song
Re: Have You Ever Cried While Listening To A Song by DriggityDre: 10:53pm On May 02, 2020
Ishilove:

This doll is super weird
Haha grin

Re: Have You Ever Cried While Listening To A Song by CastingCrowns(f): 11:47pm On May 02, 2020
forever in love Kenny g.. that instrumental is one of the best out there and its emotional.
Re: Have You Ever Cried While Listening To A Song by Nobody: 12:15am On May 03, 2020
No...

How does that work though

I mean, it's a mere song. Seriously.
Re: Have You Ever Cried While Listening To A Song by Candanyl: 1:20am On May 03, 2020
crackkhaus:

Are those Korean or Phillipino movies that good? cheesy

I don't watch them though, except when it comes highly recommended...never really had any interest in Asian movies/series.

I had to see the Korean movie Parasite just because of the Oscars it won at the last Academy Awards. I needed to understand why/how that happened. grin

You're right about those Phillipino movies o.They are so addictive and emotional.Yes i have seen ' no greater love,endless love n the likes. i wept watching these movies but i had to stop watching them because i was getting addicted.

1 Like

Re: Have You Ever Cried While Listening To A Song by ImaIma1(f): 1:35am On May 03, 2020
Many

Where feet may fail
I wanna grow old with you
Book of Love (First dance at my wedding)
Turning Page
To be loved by you
You sang to me

Music is soul food
Re: Have You Ever Cried While Listening To A Song by sholay2011(m): 2:22am On May 03, 2020
Any Christian song that the Holy Spirit imparts on my spirit.
Re: Have You Ever Cried While Listening To A Song by sheDD(m): 6:58am On May 03, 2020
bukatyne:

No greater love - Korean
Philippians

Saturn- sleeping at last
I still haven't gotten the hardboiled emotion whenever I play that song,
I don't know if it was becoz I fes saw the song on sad multi fandom which is is why the emotion never go cold each time I turn that song on.
Re: Have You Ever Cried While Listening To A Song by Nobody: 7:18am On May 03, 2020
ajokeade920:
Yes ..yes. anytime I listen to spirit-filled gospel songs like :my world needs you by Kirk Franklin ft Sarah Reeves and sovereign God by Chris Shalom

I am curious, what makes u shed tears for "my world needs you?"
Re: Have You Ever Cried While Listening To A Song by Nobody: 7:18am On May 03, 2020
CastingCrowns:
forever in love Kenny g.. that instrumental is one of the best our there and its emotional.

My Nl crush, have missed u. kiss
Re: Have You Ever Cried While Listening To A Song by bio118(f): 10:11am On May 03, 2020
Yes whenever l listen to 9ice song, Anytime d raining is falling , me and my mummy se la ma gbon omi, we don't sleep when u guys are snoring, we don't mind e ni ba lomo gbogbo ile binukonu , Obe igu pa la ma fin jeba pelu eja shawa.

1 Like

Re: Have You Ever Cried While Listening To A Song by Chuky7(m): 11:47am On May 03, 2020
crackkhaus:

Are those Korean or Phillipino movies that good? cheesy

I don't watch them though, except when it comes highly recommended...never really had any interest in Asian movies/series.

I had to see the Korean movie Parasite just because of the Oscars it won at the last Academy Awards. I needed to understand why/how that happened. grin

Me too...

And The Parasite Movie was not a disappointment...so much enjoyed it.

The ending was emotional though...cause he was never going to achieve buying that house

1 Like

Re: Have You Ever Cried While Listening To A Song by jellybabee(f): 12:02pm On May 03, 2020
Yeah...used to cry a lot during my teenage years when listening to Dolly Parton's song ; coat of many colours.... Hardly have time to listen to songs I love now....life.
Re: Have You Ever Cried While Listening To A Song by Nobody: 12:28pm On May 03, 2020
Sabby1:
I have never cried while listening to a song, but whenever I listen to Christian music like Hillsong "where feet may fail," I often feel emotional.
That song is something else.

1 Like

Re: Have You Ever Cried While Listening To A Song by Nobody: 12:32pm On May 03, 2020
Countless times.
Drama is the worst especially k drama.
Re: Have You Ever Cried While Listening To A Song by CastingCrowns(f): 4:05pm On May 03, 2020
Obingene:

My Nl crush, have missed u. kiss
really?
Re: Have You Ever Cried While Listening To A Song by Nobody: 4:10pm On May 03, 2020
CastingCrowns:

really?

Yeah. Just that you are not based in Lagos.
Re: Have You Ever Cried While Listening To A Song by ImaIma1(f): 4:21pm On May 03, 2020
crackkhaus:
Listening to a song? Nah.
I might develop some kind of emotion with the song, but never cry.

For movies though, lol...
I might get watery eyes, still NOT cry, if the movie hits me hard enough.

The last one I saw where this happened was titled Harriet, the true life story of the abolitionist, Harriet Tubman... a woman who single-handedly walked miles just to rescue slaves when no one else believed she could succeed.

For a minute in one scene, I felt my eyes getting watery...then I remembered someone was beside me, so I quickly received sense. She still suspected me though cheesy

Cry cry
Re: Have You Ever Cried While Listening To A Song by lanibi(f): 6:06pm On May 03, 2020
bio118:
Yes whenever l listen to 9ice song, Anytime d raining is falling , me and my mummy se la ma gbon omi, we don't sleep when u guys are snoring, we don't mind e ni ba lomo gbogbo ile binukonu , Obe igu pa la ma fin jeba pelu eja shawa.
Same here. I cried several times when listening to this song.

Others are:
Christ the solid rock by Kim Walker Smith
Elohim- HillSong
In control- HillSong
Lucky - an ost in boys over Flowers (kdrama)
Re: Have You Ever Cried While Listening To A Song by Nobody: 11:36pm On May 03, 2020
Not to a song but I do cry during performances in all those talent shoes like The Voice Kids, The Voice, X-Factor etc. I am a singing competition junkie.
In those shows talent can sometimes get up and slap you to real tears. That’s when you know a good voice is from God shaa, the way it would make you feel. Sometimes it’s also the contestants’ journeys that contribute to my tears. Golden buzzer reactions also make me cry cheesy
So to the question listening to a song the regular way doesn’t make me cry (I could feel emotional though but not tears).
However I am a crying wreck when I watch movies/series...
Note- I cannot sing to save my life cheesy

1 Like

Re: Have You Ever Cried While Listening To A Song by HarunaWest(m): 12:53am On May 04, 2020
The songs that make me emotional are just two. Speechless by Michael Jackson and KC and JoJo All my Life

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

House Hold Items For Sale / Reply To; I cooked in my married brother house and his wife felt bad about it / BUSTED: Pastor Patronizes Prostitute And He Didn't Know She Attends His Church

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 27
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.