Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,025 members, 7,818,027 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 05:22 AM

It's GOODBYE To South African Airways (SAA) - After 86 Years In The Skies - Travel - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / It's GOODBYE To South African Airways (SAA) - After 86 Years In The Skies (2145 Views)

Ending Life Ahead Of Time: Five Planes That Barely Saw The Skies / S. African Airways Reveals Upgraded Stylish Johannesburg Airport Lounge (PICS) / Passengers Robbed Mid-Air On-board A South African Airways Flight (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

It's GOODBYE To South African Airways (SAA) - After 86 Years In The Skies by TMKsouth: 2:40pm On May 02, 2020
Aviation Consultancy to Map Out New Airline to Replace SAA

The South African government has announced it will be starting up a new airline to replace South African Airways (SAA) - the continent's second biggest airline.

The Department of Public Enterprises says the new airline will not be the old SAA, but a restructured airline that South Africans can be proud of.

The move comes as the SAA business rescue practitioners moved to axe the entire workforce of SAA because the airline is broke.

END OF AN ERA

It’s an end of an era for SAA, which has been in the air for 86 years.

The airline has been depending on government bailouts until it was placed under administration last year because of financial problems.

Last month, the business rescue practitioners asked for more money from government but were denied this.

Leading to them saying they have no choice but to terminate all employees of SAA and sell off its assets to pay its debt.

NEW SUCCESSFUL AIRLINE

But it seems government and the unions have reached an agreement for a new airline with a business rescue plan that has not yet been agreed on.

The department of public enterprises said SAA employees will be transitioned and new leadership and equity partners will be sought.

Government said this new airline is set to compete in a world post-COVID-19.

https://ewn.co.za/2020/05/02/hamba-kahle-totsiens-to-saa-as-govt-promises-new-national-airline/amp

Re: It's GOODBYE To South African Airways (SAA) - After 86 Years In The Skies by WannaHowzit(m): 2:49pm On May 02, 2020
Another coronavirus victim. So sad, it is a fantastic airline and world-class.

Many more to follow. Virgin Australia is next.
Re: It's GOODBYE To South African Airways (SAA) - After 86 Years In The Skies by ubcandid(m): 3:15pm On May 02, 2020
And my state is busy using ibom air to deceive the gullible masses.

1 Like

Re: It's GOODBYE To South African Airways (SAA) - After 86 Years In The Skies by TMKsouth: 3:44pm On May 02, 2020
Flybe (UK)
Trans States Airlines (USA)
Compass Airlines (USA)
Virgin Australia

Re: It's GOODBYE To South African Airways (SAA) - After 86 Years In The Skies by Lionessza6(f): 4:55pm On May 02, 2020
LOL,so this airline was closed down because of the pandemic ? grin. Is not because of white criminals & their ANc proxies like the president?. How does one declare a company insolvent when he has not produced its financials. This is treason .
Re: It's GOODBYE To South African Airways (SAA) - After 86 Years In The Skies by TMKsouth: 5:54pm On May 02, 2020
Lionessza6:
LOL,so this airline was closed down because of the pandemic ? grin. Is not because of white criminals & their ANc proxies like the president?. How does one declare a company insolvent when he has not produced its financials. This is treason .

The article clearly states it was put under administration last year. But the plan then was to turn it around. Covid didn't give it a fighting chance.

You intentionally excluded the likes of Dudu Miyeni and the Gupta Mumbai route saga to your white criminals conspiracy theory.
Re: It's GOODBYE To South African Airways (SAA) - After 86 Years In The Skies by Lionessza6(f): 6:06pm On May 02, 2020
TMKsouth:

The article clearly states it was put under administration last year. But the plan then was to turn it around. Covid didn't give it a fighting chance.

You intentionally excluded the likes of Duduzane Miyeni and the Gupta Mumbai route saga to your white criminals conspiracy theory.

How does one put a company under administration without providing the financials first ?. Oh please,this had absolutely nothing to do with covid,the airline was collapsed on purpose way before today.

I'm for facts not propaganda; why is she taken to court for being a " delinquent " director instead of the criminal activities that your media houses claim she was part of ? grin. Surely corruption should be the biggest issue here not some petty disagreements. Conspiracy theory my arse, those evergreen contracts,the pilot packages ,80% of business to bidvest, who do you think benefited from these ?. Coleman Andrews who left the airline wounded was from India ? grin
Re: It's GOODBYE To South African Airways (SAA) - After 86 Years In The Skies by TMKsouth: 6:18pm On May 02, 2020
Lionessza6:

How does one put a company under administration without providing the financials first ?. Oh please,this had absolutely nothing to do with covid,the airline was collapsed on purpose way before today.

It was given 5.5 billion rands late last year.
Re: It's GOODBYE To South African Airways (SAA) - After 86 Years In The Skies by Lionessza6(f): 6:23pm On May 02, 2020
TMKsouth:

It was given 5.5 billion rands late last year.

Ofcourse,that's telling as well. On what basis was that money given to the airline? That is was insolvent & needed to be bailed out?. Ok,then why not 1st show us how it was ran? Why refuse to show the owners the paperwork before selling the company ?. cheesy. How can we be sure that the company was truly dysfunctional if the government refuses to make available the proof? cry. That is why i said this is treason!. Day light theft & when the time comes,people must pay.
Re: It's GOODBYE To South African Airways (SAA) - After 86 Years In The Skies by TMKsouth: 6:46pm On May 02, 2020
Lionessza6:

Ofcourse,that's telling as well. On what basis was that money given to the airline? That is was insolvent & needed to be bailed out?. Ok,then why not 1st show us how it was ran? Why refuse to show the owners the paperwork before selling the company ?. cheesy. How can we be sure that the company was truly dysfunctional if the government refuses to make available the proof? cry. That is why i said this is treason!. Day light theft & when the time comes,people must pay.

You mean these same financials that were sent to members of parliament
?

Re: It's GOODBYE To South African Airways (SAA) - After 86 Years In The Skies by Lionessza6(f): 7:00pm On May 02, 2020
TMKsouth:

You mean these same financials that were sent to members of parliament
?

LMFAO, nice try. The financials of the last two years & the BRP report were never handed over to parliament & neither were they given to SCOPA. My YouTube is acting up, but I will be fetching you videos from parliament not articles from stratcom.
Re: It's GOODBYE To South African Airways (SAA) - After 86 Years In The Skies by WannaHowzit(m): 9:24pm On May 02, 2020
I wonder what the new airline will be called.
Re: It's GOODBYE To South African Airways (SAA) - After 86 Years In The Skies by yuswrld20(m): 11:11pm On May 02, 2020
covid 19 wreckage

1 Like

Re: It's GOODBYE To South African Airways (SAA) - After 86 Years In The Skies by Faithful007: 12:52am On May 03, 2020
WannaHowzit:
I wonder what the new airline will be called.
corona air grin

3 Likes

Re: It's GOODBYE To South African Airways (SAA) - After 86 Years In The Skies by Kalapizim(m): 1:04am On May 03, 2020
ubcandid:
And my state is busy using ibom air to deceive the gullible masses.
Ibom air is alive and functioning ! I have used them twice and ithey offered good services so I don't get where your lies are coming from.
Re: It's GOODBYE To South African Airways (SAA) - After 86 Years In The Skies by ubcandid(m): 2:19am On May 03, 2020
Kalapizim:
Ibom air is alive and functioning ! I have used them twice and ithey offered good services so I don't get where your lies are coming from.
I need to be permitted to call you a fool.
If you read that news and cant come to terms with my statement, and still couldn't put your senses in place by asking me to elucidate, THEN GET LOST, FOOL!
Re: It's GOODBYE To South African Airways (SAA) - After 86 Years In The Skies by TMKsouth: 8:03am On May 03, 2020
Faithful007:
corona air grin

Lol grin. God forbid.
Re: It's GOODBYE To South African Airways (SAA) - After 86 Years In The Skies by Kalapizim(m): 9:50am On May 03, 2020
ubcandid:

I need to be permitted to call you a fool.
If you read that news and cant come to terms with my statement, and still couldn't put your senses in place by asking me to elucidate, THEN GET LOST, FOOL!
Provide evidence to your claim of Ibom air been used to decive masses as you claimed !

lair !
Re: It's GOODBYE To South African Airways (SAA) - After 86 Years In The Skies by ubcandid(m): 11:09am On May 03, 2020
Kalapizim:
Provide evidence to your claim of Ibom air been used to decive masses as you claimed !

lair !
what can you know that you want to know when you're among the gullible?
Re: It's GOODBYE To South African Airways (SAA) - After 86 Years In The Skies by Kalapizim(m): 5:35pm On May 03, 2020
ubcandid:

what can you know that you want to know when you're among the gullible?
I can't be gullible to what I saw and flew with my own sef

Provide evidence to your claim is all I am asking !

PROVIDE EVIDENCE TO YOUR CALM OF IBOM AIR BEEN USED TO DECIVE THE MASSES !
Re: It's GOODBYE To South African Airways (SAA) - After 86 Years In The Skies by Galactico4ever(m): 7:26pm On May 03, 2020
2nd biggest airline in africa is broke? i laugh in afrikaans

(1) (Reply)

Calabar Nigeria's Biggest Tourism Spot / A Customer's Experience With Guo Transport Company / Abeokuta And Ibadan, Which Is More Developed

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 39
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.