Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,896 members, 7,828,157 topics. Date: Wednesday, 15 May 2024 at 03:48 AM

Author Of Secondary School Physics P.N Okeke Turns 78 - Education (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / Author Of Secondary School Physics P.N Okeke Turns 78 (6651 Views)

New School PHYSICS PDF Download| Get Physics Textbook Now / 78 Private Universities Ready To Resume - Nwajiuba, Education Minister Of State / P.N. Okeke, Author Of Secondary School Physics Textbooks Turns 77 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Author Of Secondary School Physics P.N Okeke Turns 78 by ursamajor: 8:54pm On May 02, 2020
Martinez39s:
Happy birthday. In other news, I prefer Anyakoha's New School Physics. grin I read that book from cover to cover. grin
I prefer Anyakoha too. But Okeke was a bit better for calculations then.

1 Like

Re: Author Of Secondary School Physics P.N Okeke Turns 78 by rago(m): 8:55pm On May 02, 2020
I assume Osai Yaw Ababio is from Ghana, right sir?
drake2:
PN Okeke and Ababio made Physics and Chemistry so sweet and easy to pass. I had A2 and A1 respectively in both subjects.

How long did it take both Men to indegenize these subjects?

May God bless them both!
Re: Author Of Secondary School Physics P.N Okeke Turns 78 by mankay(m): 8:58pm On May 02, 2020
nigerdoncast:
Name the Topic of His Physics textbook you liked most.

mine is WAVES

Mine is Chapter 4: Density and Upthrust
May God bless him and MW Anyakora (if i still remember) his partner that deliver us from those old and difficult to read editions
Re: Author Of Secondary School Physics P.N Okeke Turns 78 by Nickymezor(f): 9:03pm On May 02, 2020
Wow, happy bufday sir, hmmm so this what he looks like. ..Didn't do physics in school but my siblings did. Yeah definitely saw this book @ home.
Re: Author Of Secondary School Physics P.N Okeke Turns 78 by drake2(m): 9:04pm On May 02, 2020
rago:

Yes!. I could only remember the Popular Ababio we all called him. But other names and his Nationality which you provided are all correct.

Many thanks!
Re: Author Of Secondary School Physics P.N Okeke Turns 78 by Nobody: 9:05pm On May 02, 2020
jesmond3945:
not true. Anyakoha is the best. He used pictures and made definitions very simple. PN was so compressed and hard to read.
U are right bro. New school physics by Anyakoha remains d best.

1 Like

Re: Author Of Secondary School Physics P.N Okeke Turns 78 by nairaman66(m): 9:05pm On May 02, 2020
Martinez39s:
I loved Ababio's Chemistry textbook. I didn't read the Chapter on Phosphorus since it wasn't in my syllabus, and I didn't read most of the hard metal part. The book is solid. I enjoyed the Organic Chemistry part the most. cheesy

grin
Re: Author Of Secondary School Physics P.N Okeke Turns 78 by WINDSOW(m): 9:09pm On May 02, 2020
Nelkon was complex with its complexities and one other one called "Abot" I cant remember the spelling. But God used Okeke to deliver us. Year 2001 set.
Re: Author Of Secondary School Physics P.N Okeke Turns 78 by Alexaonfleek: 9:45pm On May 02, 2020
arinzos:

The Wife na Also Professor of physics na.

Happy birthday to him.
I no Like physics but i no Hate Physics too. grin

Newton's Law of Motion na my best topic
No I doubt the wife is a physics Prof.
The textbook she has is on home economics or food and nutrition I can't remember the subject now but it's between those two.

Nah as for me I never liked physics from the start.
The only topic wey I dey manage na Heat and Temperature,then waves and optics smiley
Re: Author Of Secondary School Physics P.N Okeke Turns 78 by DaInferno(m): 9:48pm On May 02, 2020
KingAzubuike:

Having a good physics teacher is rare. That's because the subject itself no be beans. Any secondary school that has one ought to cherish them like eggs.
seriously... the one that even tarnished my zeal about it was the one from ss1... this guy's comes to class and teaches only the brilliant ones in front!

back seater like me no d even stress, setawon sleep!
Re: Author Of Secondary School Physics P.N Okeke Turns 78 by photon3106: 9:55pm On May 02, 2020
KingAzubuike:

New school physics wasn't bad too.

It is was among the best textbooks on Physics I ever used. Nelkon Parker and New school Physics were my favourite.
Re: Author Of Secondary School Physics P.N Okeke Turns 78 by arinzos(m): 10:02pm On May 02, 2020
Alexaonfleek:
No I doubt the wife is a physics Prof.
The textbook she has is on home economics or food and nutrition I can't remember the subject now but it's between those two.

Nah as for me I never liked physics from the start.
The only topic wey I dey manage na Heat and Temperature,then waves and optics smiley
Are you Sure?
Because PN Okeke and FN Okeke Offices are in the Dept of Physics and Astronomy, UNN
Re: Author Of Secondary School Physics P.N Okeke Turns 78 by RTSC: 10:21pm On May 02, 2020
I heard that his wife Prof F.N okeke was even hotter in physics.
Re: Author Of Secondary School Physics P.N Okeke Turns 78 by 4gunners(m): 10:34pm On May 02, 2020
Glitzdasilva:
U are right bro. New school physics by Anyakoha remains d best.
Yeah, it's more simplified and appealing, maybe because it's coloured.
Re: Author Of Secondary School Physics P.N Okeke Turns 78 by oyatz(m): 11:30pm On May 02, 2020
You need 2-3 textbooks in each subject to fully understand these subjects and pass them with good grades at WAEC O/Level.

Geosystem:

That text book just made me dislike physics. The text book is So limited, not until I read Anyakoha and Nelkon I knew I was missing a lot relying on his text book. In my own opinion. The text book is for beginners but as you advance and prepare for WAEC switch to Nelkon or Anyakoha. Happy birthday Prof.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Author Of Secondary School Physics P.N Okeke Turns 78 by uche06: 11:48pm On May 02, 2020
[I love that textbook alot,I remember Ababio,quote author=nairaman66 post=89113852]

Back in Sec. school we were combining Anyakoha and P.N Okeke together. Physics was such interesting subject second to Chemistry.. Anyone remember Ababio?? grin[/quote]
Re: Author Of Secondary School Physics P.N Okeke Turns 78 by uche06: 11:51pm On May 02, 2020
Yeah still remember that second law of motion,even after 17 years I left secondary school
arinzos:

The Wife na Also Professor of physics na.

Happy birthday to him.
I no Like physics but i no Hate Physics too. grin

Newton's Law of Motion na my best topic
Re: Author Of Secondary School Physics P.N Okeke Turns 78 by SonsofIpswich: 12:42am On May 03, 2020
KingAzubuike:
Physics, I hated that subject with passion. Funny enough I thought those bullshìt died down in secondary school not until I got to the university and discovered people majored in physics. I was like wtf.
grin until you realised that the physics you did in secondary school was child's play right?
Re: Author Of Secondary School Physics P.N Okeke Turns 78 by Breezy90(m): 1:39am On May 03, 2020
Funny how I never understood anything in physics then until I had to read those textbooks on my own.i finished it before waec.How time flies
Re: Author Of Secondary School Physics P.N Okeke Turns 78 by Nobody: 5:02am On May 03, 2020
rago:
Osei yaw ababio,sure hes
Re: Author Of Secondary School Physics P.N Okeke Turns 78 by Nobody: 5:03am On May 03, 2020
Happy birthday greatman, but this shld have moved to front page now
Re: Author Of Secondary School Physics P.N Okeke Turns 78 by Geosystem(m): 7:09am On May 03, 2020
oyatz:
You need 2-3 textbooks in each subject to fully understand these subjects and pass them with good grades at WAEC O/Level.

I quite agree. Thankd
Re: Author Of Secondary School Physics P.N Okeke Turns 78 by Koko1119: 7:33am On May 03, 2020
Dis man for don get money pass like dis if na america him dey write is book & even govt for don used am solve probl for d country.

1 Like

Re: Author Of Secondary School Physics P.N Okeke Turns 78 by emmaodet: 7:46am On May 03, 2020
Martinez39s:
I loved Ababio's Chemistry textbook. I didn't read the Chapter on Phosphorus since it wasn't in my syllabus, and I didn't read most of the hard metal part. The book is solid. I enjoyed the Organic Chemistry part the most. cheesy
Then at mayflower, we used more of Abbott to Okeke
Re: Author Of Secondary School Physics P.N Okeke Turns 78 by IhateThemMods: 8:01am On May 03, 2020
Martinez39s:

Nerd. No offense tho
Re: Author Of Secondary School Physics P.N Okeke Turns 78 by Martinez39s(m): 11:00am On May 03, 2020
emmaodet:

Then at mayflower, we used more of Abbott to Okeke
I have never heard of that one. I will look it up.
Re: Author Of Secondary School Physics P.N Okeke Turns 78 by Christmasdon(m): 11:28am On May 03, 2020
Ukpabia and Socra comes to mind. Though Socra is very much late now. Anyways, that test book P.N Okeke too dey tear tear for middle. HBD @P.N OKEKE
Re: Author Of Secondary School Physics P.N Okeke Turns 78 by Christmasdon(m): 11:33am On May 03, 2020
WINDSOW:
Nelkon was complex with its complexities and one other one called "Abot" I cant remember the spelling. But God used Okeke to deliver us. Year 2001 set.
.WHEN I ENTERED J.S.S.1 U LEFT SECONDARY SCHOOL. I GUESS UA AGE NOW IS 37YEARS.
Re: Author Of Secondary School Physics P.N Okeke Turns 78 by emmaodet: 12:34pm On May 03, 2020
Martinez39s:
I have never heard of that one. I will look it up.

Abbort is a popular physic book especially if you are in the JET club representing the school at state and federal level.
Re: Author Of Secondary School Physics P.N Okeke Turns 78 by Martinez39s(m): 12:56pm On May 03, 2020
emmaodet:
Abbort is a popular physic book especially if you are in the JET club representing the school at state and federal level.
My school JET club no reach that level. Nevertheless, even though I was a science student, my English teacher always ensured I was in the literary and debating society because I was very good at debating. cool cool cool I never got defeated in a debate throughout my junior and senior secondary school year. cheesy
Re: Author Of Secondary School Physics P.N Okeke Turns 78 by emmaodet: 1:32pm On May 03, 2020
Martinez39s:
My school JET club no reach that level. Nevertheless, even though I was a science student, my English teacher always ensured I was in the literary and debating society because I was very good at debating. cool cool cool I never got defeated in a debate throughout my junior and senior secondary school year. cheesy

grin
Re: Author Of Secondary School Physics P.N Okeke Turns 78 by WINDSOW(m): 6:23pm On May 03, 2020
Christmasdon:
.WHEN I ENTERED J.S.S.1 U LEFT SECONDARY SCHOOL. I GUESS UA AGE NOW IS 37YEARS.
grin grin grin grin grin 36yrs
It is well with u my brother.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

2021 Utme MBBS Aspirants / GTB Prints A Banner Costlier Than Its Content. / UKRAINE ADMISSION FOR FOREIGN STUDENT HAVE COMMENCE.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 39
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.