Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,972 members, 7,817,863 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 09:28 PM

Hated For Having Above Average Self Esteem. Do Men Hate Women With Self-Esteem? - Family - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Hated For Having Above Average Self Esteem. Do Men Hate Women With Self-Esteem? (2614 Views)

My Mum Used To Beat My Dad So I Grew Up To Hate Women / Some Nigerian Men Have Low Self Esteem, Need Reorientation - Opinion / What My Mother Said That Made Me Hate Women Even More (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Hated For Having Above Average Self Esteem. Do Men Hate Women With Self-Esteem? by Heiterkeit(f): 3:08pm On May 02, 2020
Do men and women truly hate opposite genders with high self-esteem?

According to this moniker @funmisticqueen2: "So why am I one of the most hated females here, because my self esteem is above average (a lot of work to get there) and I say my truth in a way no one wants to hear. Men in Nigeria, live off putting the women below them. That's why I call it privilege.

Why do you think we have redpillers here. The are the ones who cry foul because they are losing their privilege."

Extracted from the following thread: https://www.nairaland.com/5825659/fine-art-being-baboon/2

3 Likes

Re: Hated For Having Above Average Self Esteem. Do Men Hate Women With Self-Esteem? by bukatyne(f): 3:52pm On May 02, 2020
Heiterkeit:

According to this moniker @funmisticqueen2: "So why am I one of the most hated females here, because my self esteem is above average (a lot of work to get there) and I say my truth in a way no one wants to hear. Men in Nigeria, live off putting the women below them. That's why I call it privilege.

Why do you think we have redpillers here. The are the ones who cry foul because they are losing their privilege."

Extracted from the following thread: https://www.nairaland.com/5825659/fine-art-being-baboon/2

Well, peeps hate others who are different and dare to think differently which is a mark of high self-esteem.

2 Likes

Re: Hated For Having Above Average Self Esteem. Do Men Hate Women With Self-Esteem? by crackkhaus: 4:43pm On May 02, 2020
Anyone who believes and has convinced herself that she is one of the most hated females on an anonymous forum where most members will log out to return to their lives, that person definitely does NOT have a high self-esteem.

Psychology 101.

28 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Hated For Having Above Average Self Esteem. Do Men Hate Women With Self-Esteem? by LordKO(m): 6:40pm On May 02, 2020
No. However, demeanor of a narcissistic person, or demeanor people who have other personality disorders exhibits, shouldn't be mistaken for demeanor of a person with self-esteem (healthy self-esteem). Narcissism breeds illusory high self-esteem, a variant of low self-esteem, and demeanor of someone in this regard is at best self-arrogated high-esteem, it is always toxic - an uninformed/insane person can easily mistake such demeanor for that of a person with healthy self-esteem, but the difference is always clear to informed/sane people.

A self-arrogated high-esteem person usually justifies his/her illusory high self-esteem by exhibiting imperiousness, while propagating selfishness and subjugation of the opposite gender and meting out same against the ones he/she can - of course, toxicity and hypocrisy are their major hallmark. 

Meanwhile, self-esteem (healthy self-esteem) as an end product of dignity is earned when dignity is maintained and protected - to maintain and protect dignity, one must conquer egoism and egotism. Conscientiousness is the hallmark of someone with a healthy self-esteem - it is never toxic.

All wannabe alpha males and wannabe feminists - proclaimed or not - possess self-arrogated high-esteem, you know them through their hypocritical and toxic demeanor.

23 Likes 1 Share

Re: Hated For Having Above Average Self Esteem. Do Men Hate Women With Self-Esteem? by Nobody: 6:52pm On May 02, 2020
LordKO:
No. However, demeanor of a narcissistic person, or demeanor people who have other personality disorders exhibit, shouldn't be mistaken for demeanor of a person with self-esteem (healthy self-esteem). Narcissism breeds low self-esteem and demeanor of someone in this regard is at best self-arrogated high-esteem, it is always toxic - an uninformed/insane person can easily mistake such demeanor for that of a person with healthy self-esteem, but the difference is always clear to informed/sane people.

A self-arrogated high-esteem person usually exhibits imperiousness while propagating selfishness and subjugation of the opposite gender and meting out same against the ones he/she can - of course, hypocrisy is their major hallmark. 

Meanwhile, self-esteem (healthy self-esteem) as an end product of dignity, is earned when dignity is maintained and protected - to maintain and protect dignity one must conquer egoism and egotism. Conscientiousness is the hallmark of someone with a healthy self-esteem.

[s]All wannabe alpha males and wannabe feminists - proclaimed or not - possess self-arrogated high-esteem, you know them through their toxic demeanor[/s].

Bullshît
Re: Hated For Having Above Average Self Esteem. Do Men Hate Women With Self-Esteem? by LordKO(m): 6:56pm On May 02, 2020
Plead:

Bullshît

LOL. Obviously, you don't know what a "wannabe" of something is.

5 Likes

Re: Hated For Having Above Average Self Esteem. Do Men Hate Women With Self-Esteem? by Nobody: 7:07pm On May 02, 2020
LordKO:

LOL. Obviously, you don't know what a "wannabe" of something is.

Another bullshît.
Re: Hated For Having Above Average Self Esteem. Do Men Hate Women With Self-Esteem? by Heiterkeit(f): 9:23pm On May 02, 2020
bukatyne:

Well, peeps hate others who are different and dare to think differently which is a mark of high self-esteem.

You mean that anyone who thinks differently has high self-esteem?

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: Hated For Having Above Average Self Esteem. Do Men Hate Women With Self-Esteem? by Heiterkeit(f): 9:28pm On May 02, 2020
crackkhaus:
Anyone who believes and has convinced herself that she is one of the most hated females on an anonymous forum where most members will log out to return to their lives, that person definitely does NOT have a high self-esteem.

Psychology 101.

Does it mean that people who have high self-esteem do not know that they have it?
Re: Hated For Having Above Average Self Esteem. Do Men Hate Women With Self-Esteem? by Mariangeles(f): 9:33pm On May 02, 2020
Heiterkeit:

According to this moniker @funmis.ticqueen2: "So why am I one of the most hated females here, because my self esteem is above average (a lot of work to get there) and I say my truth in a way no one wants to hear. Men in Nigeria, live off putting the women below them. That's why I call it privilege.

When you're confident and sure of yourself, and you're never out to deliberately hurt anyone, what others think or feel about you will be the least of your worries.

4 Likes

Re: Hated For Having Above Average Self Esteem. Do Men Hate Women With Self-Esteem? by Heiterkeit(f): 9:36pm On May 02, 2020
Mariangeles:

When you're confident and sure of yourself, and you're never out to deliberately hurt anyone, what others think or feel about you will be the least of your worries.

Thanks.

2 Likes

Re: Hated For Having Above Average Self Esteem. Do Men Hate Women With Self-Esteem? by Heiterkeit(f): 9:37pm On May 02, 2020
LordKO:
Demeanor of a narcissistic person, or demeanor people who have other personality disorders exhibit, shouldn't be mistaken for demeanor of a person with self-esteem (healthy self-esteem). Narcissism breeds illusory high self-esteem, a variant of low self-esteem, and demeanor of someone in this regard is at best self-arrogated high-esteem, it is always toxic - an uninformed/insane person can easily mistake such demeanor for that of a person with healthy self-esteem, but the difference is always clear to informed/sane people.

A self-arrogated high-esteem person usually justifies his/her illusory high self-esteem by exhibiting imperiousness, while propagating selfishness and subjugation of the opposite gender and meting out same against the ones he/she can - of course, toxicity and hypocrisy are their major hallmark.

Meanwhile, self-esteem (healthy self-esteem) as an end product of dignity is earned when dignity is maintained and protected - to maintain and protect dignity, one must conquer egoism and egotism. Conscientiousness is the hallmark of someone with a healthy self-esteem - it is never toxic.

All wannabe alpha males and wannabe feminists - proclaimed or not - possess self-arrogated high-esteem, you know them through their hypocritical and toxic demeanor.

Thanks.
Re: Hated For Having Above Average Self Esteem. Do Men Hate Women With Self-Esteem? by crackkhaus: 1:06am On May 03, 2020
Heiterkeit:

Does it mean that people who have high self-esteem do not know that they have it?
Well for starters, saying that you have a high self-esteem is self-appraisal. Going further to assume you're hated because of it, screams self-doubt.

Both actions of self-appraisal and self-doubt are not things that someone with a healthy dose of self-esteem would normally engage in, unless they were deliberately trying to be funny or trying to incite a reaction from an audience.

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: Hated For Having Above Average Self Esteem. Do Men Hate Women With Self-Esteem? by Heiterkeit(f): 7:02am On May 03, 2020
crackkhaus:

Well for starters, saying that you have a high self-esteem is self-appraisal. Going further to say you're hated because of it, screams self-doubt.

Both actions of self-appraisal and self-doubt are not things that someone with a healthy dose of self-esteem would normally engage in, unless they were deliberately trying to be funny or trying to incite a reaction from an audience.

Thanks.
Re: Hated For Having Above Average Self Esteem. Do Men Hate Women With Self-Esteem? by vandp: 8:17am On May 03, 2020
bukatyne:

I do not believe that everyone who thinks differently has high self-esteem.

3 Likes

Re: Hated For Having Above Average Self Esteem. Do Men Hate Women With Self-Esteem? by crackkhaus: 9:26am On May 03, 2020
Heiterkeit:

Thanks.
You're welcome.

What is your main handle? grin
Re: Hated For Having Above Average Self Esteem. Do Men Hate Women With Self-Esteem? by Heiterkeit(f): 9:40am On May 03, 2020
crackkhaus:

You're welcome.

What is your main handle? grin

Mrscrackland. grin
Re: Hated For Having Above Average Self Esteem. Do Men Hate Women With Self-Esteem? by crackkhaus: 9:43am On May 03, 2020
Heiterkeit:

Mrscrackland. grin
Well done
Re: Hated For Having Above Average Self Esteem. Do Men Hate Women With Self-Esteem? by ibkayee(f): 11:29am On May 03, 2020
This is common with the ones with fragile egos, and we know that's a good portion of them

I don't think they hate it per se, I think they just prefer it to be regulated in a way that doesn't threaten them

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: Hated For Having Above Average Self Esteem. Do Men Hate Women With Self-Esteem? by Heiterkeit(f): 1:39pm On May 03, 2020
ibkayee:
This is common with the ones with fragile egos, and we know that's a good portion of them

I don't think they hate it per se, I think they just prefer it to be regulated in a way that doesn't threaten them

How can a woman regulate it?
Re: Hated For Having Above Average Self Esteem. Do Men Hate Women With Self-Esteem? by Rawhumper(m): 1:51pm On May 03, 2020
[
pLp
L

You cant get a unified answer as men have different degrees of mental maturity.

It depends on the mans worth,those who are fulfilled really love women of self worth who exudes confidence and self esteem.While the lowlifes would get scared because they will feel threatened if such women become their wives.

There will be conflicting views on the subject matter but mine is just my unbiased contribution.
Happy sunday

quote author=Heiterkeit post=89138271]

How can a woman regulate it?[/quote]

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Hated For Having Above Average Self Esteem. Do Men Hate Women With Self-Esteem? by bukatyne(f): 1:56pm On May 03, 2020
Heiterkeit:

You mean that anyone who thinks differently has high self-esteem?

No.

But give me anyone who can think for him/herself and can defend it anytime any day.
Re: Hated For Having Above Average Self Esteem. Do Men Hate Women With Self-Esteem? by bukatyne(f): 1:56pm On May 03, 2020
vandp:

I do not believe that everyone who thinks differently has high self-esteem.

True.
Re: Hated For Having Above Average Self Esteem. Do Men Hate Women With Self-Esteem? by TonyeBarcanista(m): 2:02pm On May 03, 2020
Heiterkeit:

Only people with low self esteem will post the emboldened.

1 Like

Re: Hated For Having Above Average Self Esteem. Do Men Hate Women With Self-Esteem? by TonyeBarcanista(m): 2:05pm On May 03, 2020
Heiterkeit:

People with high self esteem won't come to a faceless forum or any forum to say and gloat over it. You will know such people through their actions and disposition.

Empty drums make loudest noise

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Hated For Having Above Average Self Esteem. Do Men Hate Women With Self-Esteem? by ibkayee(f): 2:22pm On May 03, 2020
Heiterkeit:

How can a woman regulate it?
Don't tone down exhibiting your self-worth just because of a guy. So basically don't 'regulate' it essentially

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: Hated For Having Above Average Self Esteem. Do Men Hate Women With Self-Esteem? by Nobody: 4:20pm On May 03, 2020
Heiterkeit:

I do not appreciate you opening a thread about a comment I made behind my back and mention my name leaving people to say stuff about my sense of self. There is a better way to go about this and maintain my privacy and confidentiality. It's very dissapointing, and shows that you have no respect for your fellow human and are a slimy personality. I don't like it at all.

It is a very cowardly act. I don't want to start an argument. Kindly desist from such or close this thread.

8 Likes

Re: Hated For Having Above Average Self Esteem. Do Men Hate Women With Self-Esteem? by Nobody: 4:20pm On May 03, 2020
Heiterkeit:

I do not appreciate you opening a thread about a comment I made behind my back and mention my name leaving people to say stuff about my sense of self. There is a better way to go about this and maintain my privacy and confidentiality. It's very dissapointing, and shows that you have no respect for your fellow human and a slimy personality. I don't like it at all.

It is a very cowardly act. I don't want to start an argument. Kindly desist from such or close this thread. Thank you

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Hated For Having Above Average Self Esteem. Do Men Hate Women With Self-Esteem? by crackkhaus: 7:43pm On May 03, 2020
funmisticqueen2:
I do not appreciate you opening a thread about a comment I made behind my back and mention my name leaving people to say stuff about my sense of self. There is a better way to go about this and maintain my privacy and confidentiality. It's very dissapointing, and shows that you have no respect for your fellow human and are a slimy personality. I don't like it at all.

It is a very cowardly act. I don't want to start an argument. Kindly desist from such or close this thread.
Lmao... cheesy

I was beginning to wonder if you were never going to show up to your own party.

5 Likes

Re: Hated For Having Above Average Self Esteem. Do Men Hate Women With Self-Esteem? by Kingarthur21: 3:45pm On May 04, 2020
Plead:

Another bullshît.
just shut up already...

You are an illiterate

3 Likes

Re: Hated For Having Above Average Self Esteem. Do Men Hate Women With Self-Esteem? by Kingarthur21: 3:58pm On May 04, 2020
ibkayee:

funny enough guys are attracted to ladies with self esteem (not narcissistic or loqacious ladies ,there is a difference)
Men love ladies that say NO to some of their demands. I ask you to come over and it is past 9pm and you tell me "No!I don't go out late"
Or a lady that picks up her things to walk away when we cheat. Or a lady that tell us before seeing her pants we should put a ring on it.or a lady that refuses to be a side chick or booty call. Or a lady that insists we reduce contact with our exes.
These scenarios comes from a place of healthy self esteem.
Self esteem is loving yourself and knowing your worth and what you deserve. It reflect on how you treat others,you can only give out what you have. When you see yourself in the positive light you will see others that way,when you believe you deserve the best you will believe others deserve it to.

The thing is anybody can start acting arrogantly, running their mouths and acting anyhow all in the name of self esteem ,which is not.

4 Likes

Re: Hated For Having Above Average Self Esteem. Do Men Hate Women With Self-Esteem? by ibkayee(f): 4:08pm On May 04, 2020
Kingarthur21:
funny enough guys are attracted to ladies with self esteem (not narcissistic or loqacious ladies ,there is a difference)
Men love ladies that say NO to some of their demands. I ask you to come over and it is past 9pm and you tell me "No!I don't go out late"
Or a lady that picks up her things to walk away when we cheat. Or a lady that tell us before seeing her pants we should put a ring on it.or a lady that refuses to be a side chick or booty call. Or a lady that insists we reduce contact with our exes.
These scenarios comes from a place of healthy self esteem.
Self esteem is loving yourself and knowing your worth and what you deserve. It reflect on how you treat others,you can only give out what you have. When you see yourself in the positive light you will see others that way,when you believe you deserve the best you will believe others deserve it to.

The thing is anybody can start acting arrogantly, running their mouths and acting anyhow all in the name of self esteem ,which is not.
Yeah I think they 'love' all of these qualities on paper, but when it starts affecting their ability to have their cake and eat it (lol I hate this saying), they don't 'love' it in that particular moment. Main reason why I said they like it 'regulated' lol

6 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Man Sues His Children For Peeping While Making Love With Their Mother / Birth Issues Please Help / Flogging In School

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 64
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.