Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,194,407 members, 7,954,617 topics. Date: Saturday, 21 September 2024 at 01:36 AM

See Xiaomi’s Response To Accusation That It Collects Users’ Data - Phones (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Phones / See Xiaomi’s Response To Accusation That It Collects Users’ Data (2846 Views)

Galaxy A20s - Samsung's Response To The Infinix S4 (video) / Chinese People Angrily Destroying Their Iphones In Response To Hauwei Ban By US / Airtel Megapack Problems: Users Are Experiencing This, No Response From Airtel (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: See Xiaomi’s Response To Accusation That It Collects Users’ Data by musicwriter(m): 12:24pm On May 03, 2020
ZesusHVWritter:

No one is accusing xiaomi of spying. Xiaomi is actually spying... Are your fixation only to propagandas and claims?
Look at the facts and evidence levelled against xiaomi. It's not an accusation anymore, it's not an investigation.
Xiaomi was caught compromising users data and are still doing it to everyone browsing with mi browser or mint browser.
This is proven facts not alleged.
What is difficult to get here?
Except you are saying the evidence found was planted, otherwise xiaomi is stealing users data.

Other than Facebook, everyone on your list has only be "alleged" to compromise users data. So if I am wrong, point me to a detailed fact of spying.

And just for informative purpose, Apple has one of the most secured OS, if not the most secured.
Not because they can't be hacked, but unlike xiaomi, if Apple gets a report of a leak or privacy infringement. They act immediately.
I am using an android device/xiaomi in case you are wondering.

Ok, enjoy your insecurity with whatever device you're using. Thank you.
Re: See Xiaomi’s Response To Accusation That It Collects Users’ Data by ZesusHVWritter(m): 12:40pm On May 03, 2020
musicwriter:

Ok, enjoy your insecurity with whatever device you're using. Thank you.
I am sorry for ever expecting to converse with an intelligent being. I apologise for my density.
Re: See Xiaomi’s Response To Accusation That It Collects Users’ Data by abumeinben(m): 12:52pm On May 03, 2020
ZesusHVWritter:

Other than to publicly state you are embedded with unverified claims and a peddler of rumours. Do you have any evidence of a privacy breached by any company, software or otherwise?
Other than Facebook.

I laugh bro. Maybe we should start with the definition of user data.
Re: See Xiaomi’s Response To Accusation That It Collects Users’ Data by festwiz(m): 2:42pm On May 03, 2020
Google "have i been pwned", visit the website and entire your email address. It will tell you what services have collected and leaked your data due to breaches or hacks. There are a lot of apps and websites that collect user information and sell them for ads. It's not really restricted to OEMs and ISPs.

Why I am not in support of data collection, it's best to be open about it. I have been using Google services for over 9 years and I am pretty sure they know how many times are eat a day.

Internet privacy, quite frankly, doesn't exist.

Re: See Xiaomi’s Response To Accusation That It Collects Users’ Data by ZesusHVWritter(m): 4:37pm On May 03, 2020
festwiz:

Internet privacy, quite frankly, doesn't exist.
I did and my data has never been touched. I guess I do take my privacy and follow through when accepting any privacy request from apps.
Screenshot attached below.

And to prove you wrong by your means, after verifying that site, I inputed my email and it showed the Internet is not unsafe, but like the world, if you are careless with your approach you become a prey to a predator. Internet privacy do exist, only if you don't pay attention to details will you be a public rag for any company to take advantage of.

Re: See Xiaomi’s Response To Accusation That It Collects Users’ Data by ZesusHVWritter(m): 5:03pm On May 03, 2020
This app on playstore has over 10million+ downloads, over 4.6 ratins.
bobble ai keyboard
A screenshot is attached below about the app.
This app has so many privacy violations that no sane person should allow it access.
In fact, I am amazed at how it's still on the Google play store.

Because the world is filled with persons who has been taught to not care about something as important and critical as their privacy it has over 10million persons who probably has it installed and using the app on their devices.
The thing is, this company cannot be sued because except you are gullible enough to just be ticking "yes" to every of their privacy access request you won't use this snooping app.
So if you allowed the app in, then it's your problem. Not Google, not the developer. But your problem. Afterall android is open source.

This is nothing like xiaomi's case. No Xiaomi user or Mint Browser ever accepted to be monitored or their privacy comprised like xiaomi is doing right now.

No where on Xiaomi's privacy policy was it stated that xiaomi will be allowed to do that to any user.

Re: See Xiaomi’s Response To Accusation That It Collects Users’ Data by KrazyDave16(m): 5:08pm On May 03, 2020
ZesusHVWritter:
This app on playstore has over 10million+ downloads, over 4.6 ratins.
bobble ai keyboard
A screenshot is attached below about the app.
This app has so many privacy violations that no sane person should allow it access.
In fact, I am amazed at how it's still on the Google play store.

Because the world is filled with persons who has been taught to not care about something as important and critical as their privacy it has over 10million persons who probably has it installed and using the app on their devices.
The thing is, this company cannot be sued because except you are gullible enough to just be ticking "yes" to every of their privacy access request you won't use this snooping app.
So if you allowed the app in, then it's your problem. Not Google, not the developer. But your problem. Afterall android is open source.

This is nothing like xiaomi's case. No Xiaomi user or Mint Browser ever accepted to be monitored or their privacy comprised like xiaomi is doing right now.

No where on Xiaomi's privacy policy was it stated that xiaomi will be allowed to do that to any user.

This?

Re: See Xiaomi’s Response To Accusation That It Collects Users’ Data by ZesusHVWritter(m): 5:10pm On May 03, 2020
Still on bobble ai keyboard matter.
I was complaining to a team about the app when I stumbled upon the issue involving xiaomi breaching users privacy and agreement.

If you look at the date on the screenshot below, you will see that I wrote developer even before the xiaomi issue.
So you can see I take my privacy seriously.

And just like xiaomi is doing, read the developers reply to my enquiry. As if I am a newbie to the android ecosystem and keyboard app usage.

Re: See Xiaomi’s Response To Accusation That It Collects Users’ Data by ZesusHVWritter(m): 5:12pm On May 03, 2020
KrazyDave16:

This?
Yes sir. Those.
If such access is granted then you have no right to come crying that you are being accused of cyber crime. Those information combined, is enough to create a cyber footprint of you on the web.
Re: See Xiaomi’s Response To Accusation That It Collects Users’ Data by KrazyDave16(m): 5:28pm On May 03, 2020
ZesusHVWritter:

Yes sir. Those.
If such access is granted then you have no right to come crying that you are being accused of cyber crime. Those information combined, is enough to create a cyber footprint of you on the web.

Unfortunately no one reads ToS or double check to be sure apps they using are not data mining. I've never used the browser cos of the ToS and I'm glad I made that choice.
Re: See Xiaomi’s Response To Accusation That It Collects Users’ Data by festwiz(m): 5:40pm On May 03, 2020
ZesusHVWritter:

I did and my data has never been touched. I guess I do take my privacy and follow through when accepting any privacy request from apps.
Screenshot attached below.

And to prove you wrong by your means, after verifying that site, I inputed my email and it showed the Internet is not unsafe, but like the world, if you are careless with your approach you become a prey to a predator. Internet privacy do exist, only if you don't pay attention to details will you be a public rag for any company to take advantage of.

K.
Re: See Xiaomi’s Response To Accusation That It Collects Users’ Data by ZesusHVWritter(m): 6:42pm On May 03, 2020
KrazyDave16:

Unfortunately no one reads ToS or double check to be sure apps they using are not data mining. I've never used the browser cos of the ToS and I'm glad I made that choice.
It's really sad to say the least.
Re: See Xiaomi’s Response To Accusation That It Collects Users’ Data by Aceed: 8:19pm On May 03, 2020
one of the reasons I'll always stay on the android os with a reputable manufacturer I.e those with SD chips

The ability to twrp, root and strip the idiot down and install lightweight and FOSS apps that JUST does what it was meant to do no extra bells and whistles

That's why some app modders and reverse engineers can't be blamed some times

Just reading this thread after watching SNOWDEN this morning

Anyways I thank the Lord Jesus for His death and resurrection to give me and anyone wiling to follow Him the opportunity to choose good and DO GOOD

HVWriter kudos, don't loose yourself

PS I never liked the mint browser or any stock browser from day one

When i compare mint, chrome et all to via browser I just can't stay easy

Via browser <2mb
Mint, chrome et al >15mb size is an understatement

Difference in size equals extra codes
Extra codes equals more storage and RAM needed

And via browser can do all mint and chrome can

So why the extra codes?

Those greedy people are using my phone storage and RAM to collect analytics on me!!! angry

I don't wanna shout...

Like the Bible says "let he that has an ear hear what the Spirit is saying"

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: See Xiaomi’s Response To Accusation That It Collects Users’ Data by ZesusHVWritter(m): 9:26pm On May 03, 2020
Aceed:
one of the reasons I'll always stay on the android os with a reputable manufacturer I.e those with SD chips

The ability to twrp, root and strip the idiot down and install lightweight and FOSS apps that JUST does what it was meant to do no extra bells and whistles

That's why some app modders and reverse engineers can't be blamed some times

Just reading this thread after watching SNOWDEN this morning

Anyways I thank the Lord Jesus for His death and resurrection to give me and anyone wiling to follow Him the opportunity to choose good and DO GOOD

HVWriter kudos, don't loose yourself

PS I never liked the mint browser or any stock browser from day one

When i compare mint, chrome et all to via browser I just can't stay easy

Via browser <2mb
Mint, chrome et al >15mb size is an understatement

Difference in size equals extra codes
Extra codes equals more storage and RAM needed

And via browser can do all mint and chrome can

So why the extra codes?

Those greedy people are using my phone storage and RAM to collect analytics on me!!! angry

I don't wanna shout...

Like the Bible says "let he that has an ear hear what the Spirit is saying"
I have been using monument browser for almost a month now, after reviewing it.
Browser is just 1.6mb in size. Definitely going to check the via browser out.
Thanks, The Lord got me, I can't lose Him.
Re: See Xiaomi’s Response To Accusation That It Collects Users’ Data by Aceed: 9:44pm On May 03, 2020
ZesusHVWritter:

I have been using monument browser for almost a month now, after reviewing it.
Browser is just 1.6mb in size. Definitely going to check the via browser out.
Thanks, The Lord got me, I can't lose Him.

https://www.xda-developers.com/xiaomi-mi-web-browser-pro-mint-collecting-browsing-data-incognito-mode/
Re: See Xiaomi’s Response To Accusation That It Collects Users’ Data by Nobody: 12:26am On May 04, 2020
ZesusHVWritter:

Why are you like this? Who is we? Because I am not a party to your parade of wayward misgivings and complete rubbish.

You can't publish your ignorance in public forum concerning an issue you have little to no knowledge about then tag "peace" to your conclusion.
Google, yahoo, YouTube, Facebook, twitter all have privacy policy for a reason. If you can just collect users data for ads tailoring and it is fine why is there policy and laws and ordinances governing this policies?
Facebook faces different charges for privacy violations whenever its found guilty. The Chinese government banned Facebook access in China after numerous evidence of Facebook stealing data from the Chinese became a nagging issue.

You are really daft to an unbelievable margin to think every tech organisation collects your data without your permission.
You must be a "tick swipe" kinda dumb person who just tick every privacy policy without going through it.

It's people like you cheap hackers will commit a cyber theft with your identity spread all over it, and you then be blaming your village people when you had without hesitation given access to a company to use your details, who then sold your cheap data to the highest bidder.

Rumbling about data being collated for ads purpose, ranting about the irrelevance of an average Nigerians privacy as though an average Nigerian has no right.

If you want to remain so daft and be enjoying your paradise of ignorance while living in a pit of misinformation. Go back to the stone age where your ancestors won't have to be shamed by your public display of uttermost recklessness and complete negligence towards critical issues.

Instead of you to go and ask xiaomi what they will do with your useless data, you are spewing trash as if your brain is on a break and your hands are just stumping your phone's screen aimlessly.

You seem to have a lot of time on your hands to offer long elaborate answers.
You also seem to be so concerned about what your data is used for.
It would be out of place for me to wonder why because everything about you seem to be irrelevant. If I were a data company I will discard your data before it even comes in. What trade secret or security information does your data contain?
If I were involved with national security or trade secrets, then I would be more concerned about what my data is used for.
Re: See Xiaomi’s Response To Accusation That It Collects Users’ Data by ZesusHVWritter(m): 12:51pm On May 04, 2020
Xiaomi has sent an update to the mi browser.
Waiting for checks to be sure the browser is privacy infringement free this time and the details available on the app update details is not just an hoax...

(1) (2) (Reply)

Tecno Hipods H2: Every Thing You Need To Know (including Call Test) / Strong Android Phone For Careless Person / NL.... Time To Return To Blackberry Guys

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 48
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.