Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,159,003 members, 7,838,515 topics. Date: Friday, 24 May 2024 at 01:35 AM

Atheists Get In Here: Share Your Reasons For Becoming An Atheist - Religion (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Atheists Get In Here: Share Your Reasons For Becoming An Atheist (860 Views)

I'm An Atheist, Any Here ? Share Some Stuffs / I'm An Atheist That Thinks That Premarital Sex Is Wrong. Is This Unusual? / Global Study: Atheists In Massive Decline, Only 1.8% Of World Population By 2020 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Atheists Get In Here: Share Your Reasons For Becoming An Atheist by JhayJoe: 3:40pm On May 04, 2020
GreatResearcher1:
I am someone who like learning, researching and exploring. During my course of learning I discovered that religion is just a tool setup by few motherfvckers to control other motgerfvckers

Most of the stories in the Holy Books don't make sense
A lot of contradictions.
Imagine an all knowing God never knew that Satan would rebel against him? if he knew why did he create him?
And even after the whole problem that supposedly happened at the "garden of eden",why didn't God not just reset everything? That's by removing satan,adam and eve?
Re: Atheists Get In Here: Share Your Reasons For Becoming An Atheist by GreatResearcher1: 3:41pm On May 04, 2020
JhayJoe:
And even after the whole problem that supposedly happened at the "garden of eden",why didn't God not just reset everything? That's by removing satan,adam and eve?
An all knowing God did not even know that Satan would behave shiity?

1 Like

Re: Atheists Get In Here: Share Your Reasons For Becoming An Atheist by OtemAtum: 3:56pm On May 04, 2020
JESUSisKING1:
Whether I believe it or not, God is real.Every created thing has a creator. JESUS will soon return to gather the saints to an everlasting rest.Therefore,accept him now as your saviour.Heaven and hell are pretty real!
Are you a fictitious character? If not, why then are you saying that a fictitious character is coming to gather you and your likes?
Re: Atheists Get In Here: Share Your Reasons For Becoming An Atheist by drips8(m): 4:40pm On May 04, 2020
I'll list some reasons for leaving religion.

There are over 5000 religions in the world and saying yours especially the one you happen to born into is the right one with little or knowledge about the others makes no sense.

All religions are indigenous to a specific region and people and the only reason some have a lot of adherents are mostly due to trade or wars.

The supposed miracles in the Quran and bible don't make any sense, a talking donkey, a great flood that supposedly wiped out the majority of life on earth, a man who flew a Pegasus and ascended to heaven within the blink of a second.
All these stories purely fictional and the irony here is that most Christians and Muslims will laugh at the African traditional stories.

The idea of God is racist, misogynistic and just cruel. God has been potrayed has having a massive ego that he needs the worship of mere mortals to feel good about himself.

If God is omniscient, then he shouldn't have forgotten angry with Adam in the first instance or guys like Jonah and the pharaoh after all he knew what was going to happen. I guess we shouldn't blame terrorists also after all God knows best.

The only reason people believe in God is because we haven't found the reason for our existence. During the Middle Ages, the Greeks associated thunder and lightning with Zeus and the Yorubas associated thunder and lightning with Sango but now people have descredited those ideas due to the knowledge beyond lightning that science has revealed.

I'm not an atheist as I doubt the existence of a creator but I'm definitely done with religion.
Re: Atheists Get In Here: Share Your Reasons For Becoming An Atheist by Nobody: 6:50pm On May 04, 2020
Solearr:
I would like to know the reason that made my fellow Nigerians become atheists lol. Mine are, well....

From a young age I've always suspected that all the proclamations and performances in church were just that: performances meant to get in the pockets of the church members.
I never felt the presence of god, fallen under the anointing, or all that crackpot bullshit and I was an altar server in the altar with optimal exposure to pastors and what not. I used to get erections in church and fantasize about some of the big ass girls shaking it and thunder never one day fired me OR the pastor, who I know for a fact was f*king amaka the lead choir singer

Later I took a big long look a the the world and realised that in no way could any mentally stable person say that there is a presiding hand in all this fu**king chaos and madness we see as this planet earth angry angry angry

Kindly share yours fellow atheists
Lalasticlala help push this because people need to understand the nature of atheism thanks
puskin
mynd44
dominique

No reason whatever.
I just don't have any reason a god exists?

(1) (2) (Reply)

Book Of Timothy (teachings on allowed meat, appointing church leaders & others) / Tb Joshua - Scoan Leadership Tussle And Evangelist Eviction: Matters Arising / I Have Dealt With Lucifer Direct. He Is Married To Rihanna And Ladygaga - Pastor

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 17
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.