Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,739 members, 7,824,109 topics. Date: Friday, 10 May 2024 at 11:17 PM

Atheists Get In Here: Share Your Reasons For Becoming An Atheist - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Atheists Get In Here: Share Your Reasons For Becoming An Atheist (850 Views)

I'm An Atheist, Any Here ? Share Some Stuffs / I'm An Atheist That Thinks That Premarital Sex Is Wrong. Is This Unusual? / Global Study: Atheists In Massive Decline, Only 1.8% Of World Population By 2020 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Atheists Get In Here: Share Your Reasons For Becoming An Atheist by Solearr: 6:35pm On May 02, 2020
I would like to know the reason that made my fellow Nigerians become atheists lol. Mine are, well....

From a young age I've always suspected that all the proclamations and performances in church were just that: performances meant to get in the pockets of the church members.
I never felt the presence of god, fallen under the anointing, or all that crackpot bullshit and I was an altar server in the altar with optimal exposure to pastors and what not. I used to get erections in church and fantasize about some of the big ass girls shaking it and thunder never one day fired me OR the pastor, who I know for a fact was f*king amaka the lead choir singer

Later I took a big long look a the the world and realised that in no way could any mentally stable person say that there is a presiding hand in all this fu**king chaos and madness we see as this planet earth angry angry angry

Kindly share yours fellow atheists
Lalasticlala help push this because people need to understand the nature of atheism thanks
puskin
mynd44
dominique
Re: Atheists Get In Here: Share Your Reasons For Becoming An Atheist by bigiyaro(m): 6:38pm On May 02, 2020
man is too brutal, the world is fvcked up to be created by any loving God.

2 Likes

Re: Atheists Get In Here: Share Your Reasons For Becoming An Atheist by phelonrays: 6:39pm On May 02, 2020
Not an 'atheist' tho..........

But an agnostic fellow when it pertain to anything Religion.......

Pls is there any LGTBA+ movement here in Niaja??

Re: Atheists Get In Here: Share Your Reasons For Becoming An Atheist by othermen: 6:39pm On May 02, 2020
The reason why many today are atheist is because of the conduct of religious folks.

I think there are no greater preachers of atheism than those around us, the gullible neighbour who is being manipulated to part with his wages in the church while he cannot afford to use the clinic of the church, or his child in the creche of the church.

Or to continue, what is done in the name of religion, the evil that is done. The misogyny perpetuated, the violence cheered.

But then, people’s misconduct, the chaos we see in the world should not make us lose sense of a being beyond us, of our creator. As the above is not the core of the faith; violence is not the core or pillar of Islam, the prophet preached peace but you have individuals that have hijacked the religion just like the fraudulent apostles everywhere, who cannot follow the path of Jesus, sharing breads to the hungry, showing compassion to the filthy, the sinner, protecting a lady from being stoned, exemplifying sacrifice and love, just as their founder.

Without faith, the world will probably be in more chaos, as without faith, there will be less shared identities, and we know what is done with identity, the evil that can be perpetuated in defending ones identity. It seems faith brings sanity to people, tempers the disturbed. But then religious folks must begin to act right, to speak against the evil done in the name of their religion, acting like their forerunner has done, not amassing wealth or power, but giving life to those who need.

1 Like

Re: Atheists Get In Here: Share Your Reasons For Becoming An Atheist by Nobody: 6:48pm On May 02, 2020
Let me read reasons
Re: Atheists Get In Here: Share Your Reasons For Becoming An Atheist by Nobody: 7:05pm On May 02, 2020
Trust me most people turned atheist just because prayers are not answered anymore
I mean no more miracle as been said in the holy Books

2 Likes

Re: Atheists Get In Here: Share Your Reasons For Becoming An Atheist by helinues: 7:12pm On May 02, 2020
grin

Here to read.. Make i grab my popcorn
Re: Atheists Get In Here: Share Your Reasons For Becoming An Atheist by Solearr: 7:12pm On May 02, 2020
othermen:
The reason why many today are atheist is because of the conduct of religious folks.

I think there are no greater preachers of atheism than those around us, the gullible neighbour who is being manipulated to part with his wages in the church while he cannot afford to use the clinic of the church, or his child in the creche of the church.

Or to continue, what is done in the name of religion, the evil that is done. The misogyny perpetuated, the violence cheered.

But then, people’s misconduct, the chaos we see in the world should not make us lose sense of a being beyond us, of our creator. As the above is not the core of the faith; violence is not the core or pillar of Islam, the prophet preached peace but you have individuals that have hijacked the religion just like the fraudulent apostles everywhere, who cannot follow the path of Jesus, sharing breads to the hungry, showing compassion to the filthy, the sinner, protecting a lady from being stoned, exemplifying sacrifice and love, just as their founder.

Without faith, the world will probably be in more chaos. Faith brings sanity to people, it tempers the disturbed. But then religious folks must begin to act right, to speak against the evil done in the name of their religion, acting like their forerunner has done, not amassing wealth or power, but giving life to those who need.

Bro religion has been responsible for countless deaths and you are here telling me this?

That's fallacious

3 Likes

Re: Atheists Get In Here: Share Your Reasons For Becoming An Atheist by Timbers(m): 7:25pm On May 02, 2020
I asked too many questions and no answers came forth like

After Jesus' parents found him in the temple at the age of 12 where was he for the remaining 18 years before he started his ministry at the age of 30?

God created the heavens and the earth, what about the other planets, asteroids, meteorites, star systems, galaxies?

In physics atoms move in every direction at every given monment then is there a possibility of a multiverse or parallel universe?

Too many questions to start asking

1 Like

Re: Atheists Get In Here: Share Your Reasons For Becoming An Atheist by JhayJoe: 7:27pm On May 02, 2020
I'm not an atheist but i'm a "secular theist" (i believe in a God but not in religion) .I was a very religious person, i gave my tithe,fasted and cabashed but one day i became disillusioned with my church when i found out that my preacher who preachs every sunday about showing love of god still molests his wife. So i started researching and visiting various churches, that's when i discovered that las las religion na just money making venture. So now i worship God directly with no interference from any "pastor"

1 Like

Re: Atheists Get In Here: Share Your Reasons For Becoming An Atheist by StrikeBack(m): 7:37pm On May 02, 2020
Let me pitch my canopy here

2 Likes

Re: Atheists Get In Here: Share Your Reasons For Becoming An Atheist by Solearr: 7:39pm On May 02, 2020
JhayJoe:
I'm not an atheist but i'm a "secular theist" (i believe in a God but not in religion) .I was a very religious person, i gave my tithe,fasted and cabashed but one day i became disillusioned with my church when i found out that my preacher who preachs every sunday about showing love of god still molests his wife. So i started researching and visiting various churches, that's when i discovered that las las religion na just money making venture. So now i worship God directly with no interference from any "pastor"

Hmm
What is your explanation for evil ?
Re: Atheists Get In Here: Share Your Reasons For Becoming An Atheist by ExAngel007(f): 7:50pm On May 02, 2020

*When I knew we don't live alone. That extraterrestrial life exist out there.

*Some stories (including Jesus) in the Bible was copied from an ancient transcript

* The god in the bible allows his "holy prophets" to murder Palestines and Egyptians

some much more....

1 Like

Re: Atheists Get In Here: Share Your Reasons For Becoming An Atheist by JhayJoe: 7:57pm On May 02, 2020
Solearr:

Hmm
What is your explanation for evil ?
Evil lives in every body, it's just left to the individual to battle it

1 Like

Re: Atheists Get In Here: Share Your Reasons For Becoming An Atheist by Solearr: 8:02pm On May 02, 2020
JhayJoe:
Evil lives in every body, it's just left to the individual to battle it
Kindly tell me why your god as you know him(omnipotent, loving ,and kind) would create evil in humans thanks

3 Likes

Re: Atheists Get In Here: Share Your Reasons For Becoming An Atheist by JhayJoe: 8:07pm On May 02, 2020
Solearr:

Kindly tell me why your god as you know him(omnipotent, loving ,and kind) would create evil in humans thanks
There's good and bad, black and white,left and right. When we battle the evil and win, we show our selves worthy
Re: Atheists Get In Here: Share Your Reasons For Becoming An Atheist by kingxsamz(m): 8:07pm On May 02, 2020
Solearr:

It's all part of his master plan.

2 Likes

Re: Atheists Get In Here: Share Your Reasons For Becoming An Atheist by Solearr: 8:12pm On May 02, 2020
kingxsamz:

It's all part of his master plan.

Lol

1 Like

Re: Atheists Get In Here: Share Your Reasons For Becoming An Atheist by Solearr: 8:13pm On May 02, 2020
JhayJoe:
There's good and bad, black and white,left and right. When we battle the evil and win, we show our selves worthy

That isn't an explanation but thanks anyway
Re: Atheists Get In Here: Share Your Reasons For Becoming An Atheist by Heineken(m): 9:08pm On May 02, 2020
Someone like me I used to believe in religion but not again.. I don't even believe there's religion. To me religion is pure scam. Though I believe in God and I meditate when I feel like its necessary.

1 Like

Re: Atheists Get In Here: Share Your Reasons For Becoming An Atheist by xcabczyxabczzzz: 9:12pm On May 02, 2020
ExAngel007:

When I knew we don't live alone. That extraterrestrial life exist out there

*Some stories (including Jesus) in the Bible was copied from an ancient transcript

* The god in the bible allows his "holy prophets" to murder Palestines and Egyptians

some much more....
You knew? Where are they and how did you get to find out?
Re: Atheists Get In Here: Share Your Reasons For Becoming An Atheist by ExAngel007(f): 9:41pm On May 02, 2020
xcabczyxabczzzz:
You knew? Where are they and how did you get to find out?
you are living in delusion.
You can Google and find out.
Re: Atheists Get In Here: Share Your Reasons For Becoming An Atheist by sotall(m): 10:06pm On May 02, 2020
Right from childhood, I have always been a curious person asking questions why things are the way they are.

It got to a time mum always flogged me for getting into long arguments even with senior family members.

So it wasn't surprising having grown up and I discovered religion was bull shhiit and slap to my intelligence.

Though I cant say I am an atheist because I believe there is God. But I abhor christianity and islam.

1 Like

Re: Atheists Get In Here: Share Your Reasons For Becoming An Atheist by Martinez39s(m): 10:23pm On May 02, 2020
--- The existences of Yahweh, Allah, Jesus, and all other religious/traditional Gods (even the supposed spiritual entities like Satan, Angels, Demons, Ghosts, Jinn, etc.) have no basis in reality ie. their existences have no proof/evidence.

--- Despite the loud noise about God's existence and great power, events always occur and always proceed as one would expect if there were no gods, no supernatural interventions, and mankind is left on its own to solve its own problems by itself. Events always follow the natural route.

--- Holy books are nonsensical, contradictory, and inaccurate.

--- There is no sign of a supernatural intervention in human life.

--- The lives of believers and unbelievers are virtually not different. There are poor believers, there are poor unbelievers; there are rich believers, there are rich unbelievers. Believers and unbelievers are virtually subject to the same tragedies (rape, mental illnesses, untimely death, terminal illness, poverty, etc), misfortune, and fortune. What difference do God and religion really make?

--- Subconsciously, most religious people don't even believe the holy books. They don't even take them seriously.

--- If nothing is too hard for God, why are atheist still without any proof for God's existence? Why can't there ever be a miracle? Why are Christian amputees never made whole? Why are Christians still dying from cancer and other terminal diseases? Why do some Christians suffer mental illnesses like unbelievers?

--- How come all the supposed miracles in churches are always those that can be faked? Why not those that cannot be faked such as amputees and a severed heads being restored?

Let me stop here.

5 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Atheists Get In Here: Share Your Reasons For Becoming An Atheist by xcabczyxabczzzz: 11:31pm On May 02, 2020
ExAngel007:

you are living in delusion.

You can Google and find out.
Do you know about the raid of Area 51 of recent?
Re: Atheists Get In Here: Share Your Reasons For Becoming An Atheist by Usorohtheman(m): 11:59pm On May 02, 2020
JhayJoe:

do you believe in Jesus Christ?
Re: Atheists Get In Here: Share Your Reasons For Becoming An Atheist by CoolUsername: 12:36am On May 03, 2020
Finding out more about the universe around me is my biggest reason for becoming an atheist.

1 Like

Re: Atheists Get In Here: Share Your Reasons For Becoming An Atheist by JESUSisKING1: 4:12am On May 03, 2020
Whether I believe it or not, God is real.Every created thing has a creator. JESUS will soon return to gather the saints to an everlasting rest.Therefore,accept him now as your saviour.Heaven and hell are pretty real!
Re: Atheists Get In Here: Share Your Reasons For Becoming An Atheist by Daejoyoung: 5:31am On May 03, 2020
Solearr:

Probably without the existence of evil in nature, we would be ignorant of the good. These are the quirks that come with great design.
lt's similar to designing a great programming language or software, there would still be bugs that needs fixing.
Also l believe God was not done with the universe yet, and created humans to complete the job and to change the order of things. The evil we think we experience now, is a sign that all is not well, and things are not as they should be yet.
Re: Atheists Get In Here: Share Your Reasons For Becoming An Atheist by JhayJoe: 7:42am On May 03, 2020
Usorohtheman:

do you believe in Jesus Christ?
Nah
Re: Atheists Get In Here: Share Your Reasons For Becoming An Atheist by Degrezhaa: 7:44am On May 03, 2020
Am loving this thread

We need this on Fp
Lalasticlala
puskin
mynd44
dominique
Re: Atheists Get In Here: Share Your Reasons For Becoming An Atheist by GreatResearcher1: 7:56am On May 03, 2020
I am someone who like learning, researching and exploring. During my course of learning I discovered that religion is just a tool setup by few motherfvckers to control other motgerfvckers

Most of the stories in the Holy Books don't make sense
A lot of contradictions.
Imagine an all knowing God never knew that Satan would rebel against him? if he knew why did he create him?

(1) (2) (Reply)

Happy Birthday To Pastor Mrs Folu Adeboye / What's Your Definition Of A Spirit?? / Church Rats Will Never Like This Thread!

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 40
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.