Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,745 members, 7,817,056 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 01:49 AM

What The Lockdown Taught Us About Religion - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / What The Lockdown Taught Us About Religion (661 Views)

Odumeje: I'm Not Educated; How God Taught Me To Read And Speak English (Video) / What Has The Incessant Leaks Of Sex And Nude Videos Taught Us? / Could This Be True About Religion? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

What The Lockdown Taught Us About Religion by emonkey(m): 6:45am On May 03, 2020
1. You don’t need your pastor to survive
2. Your pastor needs you to survive
3. God will not kill you if you miss church.
4. You can talk to God in your house
5. God will not kill you if you do not give church offering every Sunday
6. God will not kill you and destroy everything you have if you do not give your tithe
7. Your pastor cannot heal every disease
8. Vigils do not benefit anyone, and especially not your neighbors who just want to sleep
9. You can be more mentally productive with a whole month of good night rest rather than a whole month of vigils
10. God does not care about your denomination, He can reach you at home
11. God does not care about your religion. When push becomes shove you find that you don’t care either.
12. Social distancing and religion distancing profits the body and spirit

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: What The Lockdown Taught Us About Religion by Enoch07: 6:47am On May 03, 2020
100% correct. waiting for people that'll come and talk rubbish

1 Like

Re: What The Lockdown Taught Us About Religion by odinson1(m): 6:55am On May 03, 2020
12. God does not exist

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: What The Lockdown Taught Us About Religion by helinues: 6:58am On May 03, 2020
Waiting for sheepish to dispute this.

2 Likes

Re: What The Lockdown Taught Us About Religion by jacquincy: 7:04am On May 03, 2020
Nailed.......but some up there are still loyal and ready to enter the grave with religion

1 Like

Re: What The Lockdown Taught Us About Religion by DanseMacabre(m): 7:15am On May 03, 2020
Lol the repeated use of 'pastor' makes it seem like Christianity is the only religion there is.

Maybe your title should read, "What the Lockdown Taught Us About Christianity."
Re: What The Lockdown Taught Us About Religion by Pentasoft1978: 7:16am On May 03, 2020
odinson1:
12. God does not exist
It's only a fool that says there is no God.

1 Like

Re: What The Lockdown Taught Us About Religion by Abfinest007(m): 7:17am On May 03, 2020
Not all point are 100% correct
Re: What The Lockdown Taught Us About Religion by MJBOLT: 7:32am On May 03, 2020
it is only a fool that claims something exist but cannot prove it.

Pentasoft1978:

6 Likes

Re: What The Lockdown Taught Us About Religion by zionmde: 7:33am On May 03, 2020
If as a Christian u rather feel comfortable at home on Sundays den something is wrong
if u feel going to church means patronising ur pastor, something is also wrong
if u think God is happy wen his people cannot gather together in his name den something is wrong
if u think u are complete praying to God at home all by urself den u need to go back to d Bible
if u think night vigils is a waste of ur time, think again

Remember it's easier for d devil to permeate the mind of a single believer doing his things all alone than to permeate a believer who is constantly in d midst of others

remember d gospel didn't get to u by people who were more comfortable serving God in their rooms but by people who gathered frequently and strategized on how to spread d gospel

One question for u
how is d gospel going to be preached Wen every believer does his own worship at home, or is God no longer in the business of soul winning?

if u are a Muslim or an atheist kindly do not quote me
I am not always nice with words as the above write up suggesrs

1 Like

Re: What The Lockdown Taught Us About Religion by psucc(m): 7:40am On May 03, 2020
Your assumptions are mostly wrong.
Pastors do not heal just like your conventional Medics. Pastors only pray to God who answers prayers to heal and of course the same God reserves the sole right to answer in the affirmative or otherwise.

2. We do not survive on our pastors but our survival is in the Lord Almighty.

3. We cannot worship our God empty handed, hence we give offerings and other vows all in appreciation of God's faithfulness.

4. Going to church is not compulsory in Christianity. It is a voluntary service. We go there to worship our God. If you know Him, you will appreciate the need of worship. The real Church is the human not the building.

5. Your productivity does not lie on your "good rest" for the battle is not for the strong nor the race for the swift but God who shows mercy. Have youth is God, He can change your life for the better.
Re: What The Lockdown Taught Us About Religion by emonkey(m): 8:01am On May 03, 2020
odinson1:
12. God does not exist

If you believe God does not exist, what are you doing in this Religion forum?
Re: What The Lockdown Taught Us About Religion by StrikeBack(m): 8:07am On May 03, 2020
Won de iii ll
Re: What The Lockdown Taught Us About Religion by emonkey(m): 8:16am On May 03, 2020
zionmde:
If as a Christian u rather feel comfortable at home on Sundays den something is wrong
if u feel going to church means patronising ur pastor, something is also wrong
if u think God is happy wen his people cannot gather together in his name den something is wrong
if u think u are complete praying to God at home all by urself den u need to go back to d Bible
if u think night vigils is a waste of ur time, think again

Remember it's easier for d devil to permeate the mind of a single believer doing his things all alone than to permeate a believer who is constantly in d midst of others

remember d gospel didn't get to u by people who were more comfortable serving God in their rooms but by people who gathered frequently and strategized on how to spread d gospel

One question for u
how is d gospel going to be preached Wen every believer does his own worship at home, or is God no longer in the business of soul winning?

if u are a Muslim or an atheist kindly do not quote me
I am not always nice with words as the above write up suggesrs

My Brother, the first Christians did not preach the gospel In their church, they preached in the communities, just like Jesus did. The best sermons they preached were in the streets and by their personal attitudes, not by screaming in the night and disturbing the neighborhood with big loudspeakers .
Your concluding remark is both amusing and upsetting. You are not nice with words? Where then is your Christianity? Have you ever heard of “the fruit of the Spirit” ? They are not fruits of anger. Please read Galatians 5: 22
Shalom.

3 Likes

Re: What The Lockdown Taught Us About Religion by Funaki: 8:34am On May 03, 2020
Religion is dispensable

2 Likes

Re: What The Lockdown Taught Us About Religion by zionmde: 8:35am On May 03, 2020
emonkey:

My Brother, the first Christians did not preach the gospel In their church, they preached in the communities, just like Jesus did. The best sermons they preached were in the streets and by their personal attitudes, not by screaming in the night and disturbing the neighborhood with big loudspeakers .
Your concluding remark is both amusing and upsetting. You are not nice with words? Where then is your Christianity? Have you ever heard of “the fruit of the Spirit” ? They are not fruits of anger. Please read Galatians 5: 22
Shalom.
The apostles preached in d synagogue always. There were various gatherings of the saints in d Bible, in revelations Angels were sent to deliver letters to the churches (not homes, not streets, not personally) but to specific churches
am against screaming at night with loudspeakers but dat doesn't condemn vigil

as for d last assertion, I don't think if God were to be physically on earth today he will be pampering words with Atheists, arguing rubbish with them
u don't want me to bring up different names the Bible used to refer to unbelievers and I don't think calling them those names denotes anger
Re: What The Lockdown Taught Us About Religion by grace008: 8:47am On May 03, 2020
His mercies is with you.
Re: What The Lockdown Taught Us About Religion by emonkey(m): 9:30am On May 03, 2020
zionmde:

The apostles preached in d synagogue always. There were various gatherings of the saints in d Bible, in revelations Angels were sent to deliver letters to the churches (not homes, not streets, not personally) but to specific churches
am against screaming at night with loudspeakers but dat doesn't condemn vigil

as for d last assertion, I don't think if God were to be physically on earth today he will be pampering words with Atheists, arguing rubbish with them
u don't want me to bring up different names the Bible used to refer to unbelievers and I don't think calling them those names denotes anger

You have an angry spirit and there is no point having a discussion with you . Please go read your Bible. Read Proverbs 22:24 and tell us what it says. Happy Sunday to you.

1 Like

Re: What The Lockdown Taught Us About Religion by zionmde: 10:18am On May 03, 2020
emonkey:

You have an angry spirit and there is no point having a discussion with you . Please go read your Bible. Read Proverbs 22:24 and tell us what it says. Happy Sunday to you.
oga tackle d point I raised and stop pointing at wat is not there. If any of the assumptions I made is wrong, point it out. u can't be boldly spreading ignorance about Christianity and expect everyone to applaud u. I bet u 90% of those in ur support are atheists.
Wen atheists love ur words more den u fellow believers then something is wrong with ur Christianity

in case u are a novice here,most of us come here to waste time, and nothing here looks serious to us. so carry ur angry spirit pointer and get away if u can't defend d points u made up there
Re: What The Lockdown Taught Us About Religion by OtemAtum: 10:33am On May 03, 2020
Hmm. Now many people can see that Jehovah and Allah are useless prisoners, then people will turn to science en masse.
Re: What The Lockdown Taught Us About Religion by Jokerman(m): 10:53am On May 03, 2020
This lockdown has taught me the importance of the gathering of the brethren to pray together and work together to acheive God's purposes for humanity .

This lockdown has taught me the importance of the church, infact I won't be missing church after this lockdown elapses

This lockdown has also taught me to be self sufficient in prayers and study, and understanding.

This lockdown has also taught me about the importance of men of God's prayer for believers

2 Likes

Re: What The Lockdown Taught Us About Religion by odinson1(m): 12:29pm On May 03, 2020
Pentasoft1978:

PSALM 14
"The fool hath said in his heart, There is no God."
I've long lost count of the times Christians have quoted this verse to me. Evidently, they see no irony when grown ups, who believe in invisible beings, magic, monsters and eternal life--all without a shred of evidence, say the fools are those who look for logical coherence and validated evidence before they believe anything. WTF?
These people also lack logic. A cursory review of this psalm would show it is a lie. The very next sentence says, "They are corrupt, they have done abominable works, there is NONE that doeth good." [My emphasis.]
So, you need only find ONE non-believer who has done good and you have proven the psalm a lie. Well, here are three: Warren Buffet, Bill Gates and George Soros. They are the three most generous philanthropists alive and they are all atheists.
How hard was that? Too hard apparently for logic-challenged Christians, who lack a sense of irony
Re: What The Lockdown Taught Us About Religion by emonkey(m): 1:33pm On May 03, 2020
zionmde:

oga tackle d point I raised and stop pointing at wat is not there. If any of the assumptions I made is wrong, point it out. u can't be boldly spreading ignorance about Christianity and expect everyone to applaud u. I bet u 90% of those in ur support are atheists.
Wen atheists love ur words more den u fellow believers then something is wrong with ur Christianity

in case u are a novice here,most of us come here to waste time, and nothing here looks serious to us. so carry ur angry spirit pointer and get away if u can't defend d points u made up there

You have unfortunately publicly demonstrated that many people who call themselves Christians either don't read or don't even know how to read their Bible. In case you are still wondering what I am driving at , here is the passage I asked you to read :

"Do not make friends with a hot-tempered person, do not associate with one easily angered" - Proverb 22:24

I am thankful to God that you have been able to learn something new today. God bless you.
Re: What The Lockdown Taught Us About Religion by iramure(m): 1:45pm On May 03, 2020
No 7 point should have been "no pastor can cure any disease at all", they are all scams, deceptive, and evil
Re: What The Lockdown Taught Us About Religion by orisa37: 1:54pm On May 03, 2020
Enoch07:
100% correct. waiting for people that'll come and talk rubbish

Is that ACTOR OKAFOR SNR?
Re: What The Lockdown Taught Us About Religion by joinpreneur(m): 1:57pm On May 03, 2020
emonkey:
6. God will not kill you and destroy everything you have if you do not give your tithe
8. Vigils do not benefit anyone, and especially not your neighbors who just want to sleep
9. You can be more mentally productive with a whole month of good night rest rather than a whole month of vigils
11. God does not care about your religion. When push becomes shove you find that you don’t care either.

Inventing a pathway and asking God to follow is only a way to anger and frustration. There's always an ancient pattern ordained by God Himself. Man's selfish interest and spiritual laziness can never make him bend it.
Re: What The Lockdown Taught Us About Religion by sunnyfats: 3:02pm On May 03, 2020
As much as some of those things you say up there may be true...
That does not still change God from whom he is,
John.10.14 - "I am the good shepherd; I know my own sheep, and they know me,

Rom.8.5 - For those who live according to the flesh set their minds on the things of the flesh, but those who live according to the Spirit, the things of the Spirit.

1Cor.2.14 - But the natural man does not receive the things of the Spirit of God, for they are foolishness to him; nor can he know them, because they are spiritually discerned.

Regardless of your opinion about God, still won't change the hearts of those who trusts in their God.

We true believers don't look by sight, but by the spirit.

I will warn you to stop using the situation of the world to mock God or his people.
You yourself are no better than those that are in deep crisis at the moment.
Some people don't even have time for internet, they just want to live.

Let us not use our idleness to stir up strive among the brethren.

We children of God are one is spirit, we always fellowship together, weather we are in a church or not. we are one in the spirt.

As for you a child of God. Do not let people like this change your faith in Christ, it is the devil's strategy to draw your heart away from your saviour.
When the Israelites were in the wilderness, if someone told them that Moses only came to deceive them, do you know that it won't be hard for them to believe.
But you and I know the truth. Moses was constantly battling with God so that He doesn't destroy the very people that is mocking his name..

Please remember that even with all the insults and persecution they gave Jesus. On the Cross, He still prayed and said. Father forgive them for they do not know what they are doing.

As for those of you that have turned science to your new God. To you they are the only true one.

Rapture is coming soon, I would wish that you repent of your sins and follow Christ now. So that you are not caught unawares..Noah warned the people in his time but they mocked him..until there was no longer time to apologize.

Take heed

Re: What The Lockdown Taught Us About Religion by zionmde: 3:23pm On May 03, 2020
emonkey:

You have unfortunately publicly demonstrated that many people who call themselves Christians either don't read or don't even know how to read their Bible. In case you are still wondering what I am driving at , here is the passage I asked you to read :

"Do not make friends with a hot-tempered person, do not associate with one easily angered" - Proverb 22:24

I am thankful to God that you have been able to learn something new today. God bless you.
oga angry spirit, are u shying away from defending ur ungodly assertions. See how u are shifting posts.

And who told u am here to make friends with u, I dont go the same way with ignorant people who propagate ungodly messages
Re: What The Lockdown Taught Us About Religion by emonkey(m): 3:46pm On May 03, 2020
zionmde:

oga angry spirit, are u shying away from defending ur ungodly assertions. See how u are shifting posts.

And who told u am here to make friends with u, I dont go the same way with ignorant people who propagate ungodly messages

Na your own wahala be dat. Anyway I advise you to memorize that verse. It is for your own good. You don’t want to get to heaven and they are asking you why your face come hard like this, na only you devil punish for Nigeria? grin
Re: What The Lockdown Taught Us About Religion by mmsen: 3:48pm On May 03, 2020
emonkey:

Your pastor cannot heal ANY disease.
Re: What The Lockdown Taught Us About Religion by Stephenmoka4(m): 6:10pm On May 03, 2020
emonkey:
1. I don't need a pastor to survive but, I can't celibrate Mass myself
2. Nope, they don't.
3. God will not kill us especially with a valid reason like illness, blindness, trapped, in pandemic or state of emergency etc. Even though, there is room for forgiveness from a true repented heart.
4. You can talk to God anywhere.
5. Give what you have cheerfully, even if it's your good work; if giving will ruin you then you know what to do.
6. Tithe is usually seen as 10 percentage of the income, if you're in debt 10 percent will be a negative one, it's recommended but, not forced. Not everyone do it.
7. God heals, I have also heard that some sorcerers and native doctors heals.
8. Vigil benefits those it benefits. Grace to some, power to some, feels nothing to some.
9. Pray but, don't be hypocritic. Sleeping is a part of human daily exercise.
10. You're right here, I am for Apollo, I'm for Paul, I'm for Cephas. All with the aim of Christ, Christ is the target as long as they are not against him.
11. God is after you love and heart.
12. Social distancing, well I've heard of people that avoid people in general. Not sure what you mean by religion distancing.
Re: What The Lockdown Taught Us About Religion by Nobody: 7:17pm On May 03, 2020
Hmmm..not all are true tho.

(1) (Reply)

H / Who Even Compiled This Bible That Has Stolen People's Freedom? / God Don't Let Me Go To CASABLANCA. Man Pray Against Womanizing On Crusade Ground

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 63
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.