Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,003 members, 7,814,416 topics. Date: Wednesday, 01 May 2024 at 12:36 PM

84% Of South Africans still Support Lockdown (survey), As Cases Top 6300 - Health - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / 84% Of South Africans still Support Lockdown (survey), As Cases Top 6300 (560 Views)

Kano State Responsible For 84% Of Diphtheria Cases In Nigeria / Diphtheria: States Consider Facemasks As Cases Escalate / COVID-19: FG Considering ‘Isolated Lockdowns’ As Cases Hit 5,621 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

84% Of South Africans still Support Lockdown (survey), As Cases Top 6300 by TMKsouth: 9:31am On May 03, 2020

Re: 84% Of South Africans still Support Lockdown (survey), As Cases Top 6300 by TMKsouth: 9:31am On May 03, 2020
An online study by market research and consulting firm IPSOS has found that more than eight out of 10 online South Africans support the coronavirus lockdown.

"84% agree that a total lockdown was correct - given the risks of the Covid-19 pandemic. Despite a lot of comments in the media and critique from individuals, South Africans from all working status groups share this opinion
," said spokesperson Mari Harris in a statement on Friday.

The country went into a five-week lockdown on 26 March to 01 May to minimise the spread of the virus.

This was followed by President Cyril Ramaphosa introducing a risk-adjusted strategy comprising five levels of lockdown. The total lockdown (Level 5) has been reduced slightly to Level 4 to allow for public exercise and limited retail for winter supplies.

https://m.news24.com/SouthAfrica/News/study-finds-many-online-south-africans-support-lockdown-20200502

1 Like

Re: 84% Of South Africans still Support Lockdown (survey), As Cases Top 6300 by tayebest(m): 9:38am On May 03, 2020
Same here in Nigeria. sad

Baba just wanted to relieve us for a week and knack us another lockdown next week. smiley
Re: 84% Of South Africans still Support Lockdown (survey), As Cases Top 6300 by WannaHowzit(m): 10:07am On May 03, 2020
That's almost everyone.
Re: 84% Of South Africans still Support Lockdown (survey), As Cases Top 6300 by Lionessza6(f): 10:17am On May 03, 2020
[quote author=TMKsouth post=89129428]An online [/b]study by market research and [b]consulting firm IPSOS has found that more than eight out of 10 online South Africans support the coronavirus

grin atleast we get an idea of who participated in this research * cheesy. I thought the 84% actually represented the South African population.
Re: 84% Of South Africans still Support Lockdown (survey), As Cases Top 6300 by yanabasee1(m): 10:23am On May 03, 2020
See as SA fine......

See infrastructure....

Hmmmmmm......

See weather......

But I still love mi kwantry..... We corrupt together, We die together...

2 Likes

Re: 84% Of South Africans still Support Lockdown (survey), As Cases Top 6300 by TMKsouth: 10:37am On May 03, 2020
[quote author=Lionessza6 post=89131083][/quote]

It's not just the wealthy who have access to the internet.

1 Like

Re: 84% Of South Africans still Support Lockdown (survey), As Cases Top 6300 by TMKsouth: 10:42am On May 03, 2020
yanabasee1:
See as SA fine......

See infrastructure....

Hmmmmmm......

See weather......

But I still love mi kwantry..... We corrupt together, We die together...

@bold Lol grin grin

How is that weather different from Naija's?
Re: 84% Of South Africans still Support Lockdown (survey), As Cases Top 6300 by yanabasee1(m): 10:52am On May 03, 2020
TMKsouth:

@bold Lol grin grin

How is that weather different from Naija's?

The weather is welcoming and fresh..... Unlike naija weather that's harsh and unfriendly.....

1 Like

Re: 84% Of South Africans still Support Lockdown (survey), As Cases Top 6300 by Lionessza6(f): 10:55am On May 03, 2020
TMKsouth:

It's not just the wealthy who have access to the internet.

LMFAO, really shocked?. This is shocking, thanks for informing me about this,I really believed the internet was reserved for the wealthy alone grin.

Re: 84% Of South Africans still Support Lockdown (survey), As Cases Top 6300 by TMKsouth: 11:54am On May 03, 2020
Lionessza6:

LMFAO, really shocked?. This is shocking, thanks for informing me about this,I really believed the internet was reserved for the wealthy alone grin.

So what was your original point

I'll drop this here. Me with facts and stats... you without a comeback.

Re: 84% Of South Africans still Support Lockdown (survey), As Cases Top 6300 by Lionessza6(f): 12:35pm On May 03, 2020
TMKsouth:

So what was your original point

I'll drop this here. Me with facts and stats... you without a comeback.

Learn the difference between facts & half truths.

The 84% could be a handful of people who participated in that survey * grin. That's like walking into a restaurant at Sea point in Cape town for a survey involving a national issue ,& then coming out claiming you have heard the views of South Africans grin. Silly grin. Social media would even be a better representation of the views of the nation that some sponsored organisation.
Re: 84% Of South Africans still Support Lockdown (survey), As Cases Top 6300 by TMKsouth: 12:47pm On May 03, 2020
Lionessza6:

Learn the difference between facts & half truths.

The 84% could be a handful of people who participated in that survey * grin. That's like walking into a restaurant at Sea point in Cape town for a survey involving a national issue ,& then coming out claiming you have heard the views of South Africans grin. Silly grin. Social media would even be a better representation of the views of the nation that some sponsored organisation.

Me walking into a random restaurant, and a reputable market survey company using scientific methods and samples are two different things Ausi.

Which national survey have u ever heard of that interviewed everyone in the country? grin grin Even national elections are not a full representation of the citizenry, even when there's 62% voter turnout - which your beloved Zuma once got.
Re: 84% Of South Africans still Support Lockdown (survey), As Cases Top 6300 by Lionessza6(f): 1:49pm On May 03, 2020
TMKsouth:

Which national survey have u ever heard of that interviewed everyone in the country? grin grin Even national elections are not a full representation of the citizenry, even when there's 62% voter turnout - which your beloved Zuma once got.

Any national survey done over the internet in a 3rd world country is bogus grin.many SA might have some access to the internet but most cant afford that data wink. Ofcourse you cant get to everyone,but you get a better picture by accessing people from different communities not the same class or race wink cheesy.

National elections are a good representation of what the people want,& I know it hurts your kind to the core but it is what it is abuti* grin. Elections are one man one vote. This reminds me of that underhanded trick Serial tried with the land issue; inviting participation via online surveys grin. Like really? grin did he think we were going to fall for that knowing very well that most people that were going to participate are those who are against the whole thing grin grin.
Re: 84% Of South Africans still Support Lockdown (survey), As Cases Top 6300 by TMKsouth: 2:28pm On May 03, 2020
Lionessza6:

Any national survey done over the internet in a 3rd world country is bogus grin.many SA might have some access to the internet but most cant afford that data wink. Ofcourse you cant get to everyone,but you get a better picture by accessing people from different communities not the same class or race wink cheesy.

Clearly u don't know how a scientific survey is conducted. It takes all these things into account, especially when determining the national mood.

They don't just pose a question on some website and then run a poll of whomever is viewing the page. They select and contact participants based on the national demographics, social and economic factors, etc. Even the lack of data is taken into consideration.

1 Like

Re: 84% Of South Africans still Support Lockdown (survey), As Cases Top 6300 by WannaHowzit(m): 3:44pm On May 03, 2020
yanabasee1:

The weather is welcoming and fresh..... Unlike naija weather that's harsh and unfriendly.....

Hmmmm...
Re: 84% Of South Africans still Support Lockdown (survey), As Cases Top 6300 by travelland(f): 3:56pm On May 03, 2020
Lazy people
Re: 84% Of South Africans still Support Lockdown (survey), As Cases Top 6300 by WannaHowzit(m): 5:27pm On May 03, 2020
travelland:
Lazy people

Lionessza6, here is your mate.
Re: 84% Of South Africans still Support Lockdown (survey), As Cases Top 6300 by Lionessza6(f): 6:24pm On May 03, 2020
WannaHowzit:

Lionessza6, here is your mate.

Lol, oh wow. Thank you buddy,I'm sure you & your other self will entertain this moniker wink. grin.
Re: 84% Of South Africans still Support Lockdown (survey), As Cases Top 6300 by Lionessza6(f): 6:29pm On May 03, 2020
Scientific survey my arse grin. If I sponsor your organisation,i had better get the " right" results from you wink. My money ,my narrative . The same thing with the media. wink
Re: 84% Of South Africans still Support Lockdown (survey), As Cases Top 6300 by WannaHowzit(m): 6:35pm On May 03, 2020
Lionessza6:

Lol, oh wow. Thank you buddy,I'm sure you & your other self will entertain this moniker wink. grin.

Lol cheesy grin
Re: 84% Of South Africans still Support Lockdown (survey), As Cases Top 6300 by Lionessza6(f): 6:47pm On May 03, 2020
WannaHowzit:

Lol cheesy grin

LMFAO, have fun wink.

(1) (Reply)

WHO Considers Madagascar’s Herbal Drink As Possible Treatment For COVID-19 / Presidency May Approve Local Herbs To Battle COVID-19 ― Health Minister / Know These Amazing Health Benefits Associated With Using Soaking Tubs

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 28
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.