Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,205 members, 7,829,314 topics. Date: Thursday, 16 May 2024 at 01:45 AM

Please Help Me, I Don't Want To Die- Nigerian Lady Trafficked To Oman (video) - Crime - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Crime / Please Help Me, I Don't Want To Die- Nigerian Lady Trafficked To Oman (video) (540 Views)

17-Year-Old Girl From Delta, Trafficked To Mali For Prostitution Is Stranded / 8-Month Pregnant Nigerian Woman Trafficked To Lebanon And Locked Up, Cries Out / Northern Girls Trafficked To Enugu, Raped, Impregnated, Babies Sold - Al-Jazeera (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Please Help Me, I Don't Want To Die- Nigerian Lady Trafficked To Oman (video) by Laseye008(m): 9:50am On May 03, 2020
A Nigerian lady identified as Adetomisin, has cried out for help after she was trafficked to Oman where she is currently stuck.

In a viral video, Adetomisin who spoke in Yoruba, said she is from Ondo state and the agreement she had with her agent was to travel to the United States, only for her to meet herself in Oman.

“Good evening Nigerians. My name is Adetomisin. I am a Nigerian from Ondo state. I am currently speaking to you from Oman..

“When I was leaving Nigeria, the agreement I had with my agent was i was going to the US to work. When I finished my NCE programme and was unemployed for a long time, I decided to travel out.

My agent told me that he will help me secure a job for me in the US. All of a sudden, everything changed. I did not know what happened. That was how they brought us to Oman. Myself and one other lady. When we got to the airport in Oman, two people came to pick us up. They took us to an office and stripped us of all we had including our passports and phones.

They took us to where we were supposed to start work. When I got to my place of work, my boss started to threaten and frustrate my life. The first four months I worked with him, he did not pay me any salary. When I called my agent to inform him, he said it was none of his business as he has played his part. Since then, he stopped taking my calls.

Seeing how things were turning out, my boss kept threatening me to have sex with him but I declined. With all the stress of the job, I wake up as early as 4 am and work all day until about 12 am or 1 am before sleeping. My boss threatened that if I don’t give in to his request, he would kill me. That was when I said I didn’t want to work anymore and that they should take me back to my country having worked four months without getting any salary.

“That was how they took me back to the office and started scolding me. They took me into a room and locked me in with some others. For one week, we were not given food or water. Most of us were drinking water from the toilet for almost one week before they came to take us to work.

“I have been working there for one year and two months and I have been sick. I told my boss that I want to return to Nigeria but he said I can’t return.

“Nigerians, please, help me. I want to return home. I’m sick and my boss says I cannot come back. Nigerians please help me. I don’t want to die in Oman.” she said

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ps8JX1qkMTg

1 Share

Re: Please Help Me, I Don't Want To Die- Nigerian Lady Trafficked To Oman (video) by RiyadhGoddess(f): 10:02am On May 03, 2020
Uhmmm
Greed is all I see here.
Greed on the lady's part and greed on the agent's part.

1) How much did you pay for your supposed USA visa? I bet nothing because most times, this greedy agents collects no dime or a token from these girls.

2) How on earth would you believe that someone will help you to the USA for free or for a token to go and work Is he Donald Trump or one of the Consulate When you get such mouth watering offers, watch it!

3) Now from supposed USA visa to Oman Visa, you saw it very well that it is different from the initial greedy arrangement yet you still embarked on the journey even when you had enough time to back off.

4) I am sorry to say this but 98% of the ladies who travels are fully aware of the country visa they are processing. As a fact, if you check most of these agents adverts on the road or anywhere, it is boldly written "work in Oman" "work in Saudi Arabia" "work in Kuwait" " work in Lebanon " "work in Bahrain" as a nanny, cleaner and maid. I have never seen "work in USA" "work in UK" as a maid or nanny. Even to see "work in UAE" as a maid or nanny dey hard because e no dey.

5) Only few agents, I mean very few one or two don't mention what these girls are going to do there but with my experience and encounter with some of these girls in Riyadh, most agents tells them before hand the type of job they are going to do there. They spell it out that it is "Ise Omodo" ki ema nu ile ke de ma toju awon omo won (To clean the house and take care of your employers children). Agents use to say it from the beginning to these girls seeking greener pastures in the middle east. Infact some agents use to mention it that na Ashawo work you wan go do. Atleast an agent at agege once told me categorically. He said I should pick the one I want; Ashawo work e dey, House maid work e dey, Cleaner work e dey, Cook ooo e dey lols. Even the ones taking girls to europe dey loud am to the girls say na Ashawo work.
The ONLY thing these agents don't say is how TEDIOUS, Tiring these job are.
Ahhhh it is very very very stressful, OLE O LE SISE NI SAUDI TABI AWON ILU TI O JINA SI SAUDI (A lazy person can't work in Saudi or countries surrounding them- middle east) the same thing is applicable to the men. The same way we have Nigerian ladies working there, that's the same way we have Nigerian men hustling there. My former boss had a Nigerian driver and 2 Philippine driver. He also had 6 maids- 2 Nigerians, 3 philipino and 1 Ethiopian. None of the jobs were easy...Though I experienced both sweet and bad but the sweeter ones were more than the bad ones. Bad ones in the sense that when I forget to do what I am supposed to do---job description, madam go change am for me but I adjusted quickly and it grew better especially with my driver colleague Egbon Dele. Hahahahaha very funny man. My boss spent all his years in Canada so he wasn't really like the typical Arab. One is wives is even an Indian so I will say he's liberal...

6) Now these girls who most likely haven't worked as a maid before, when they get there and their strength can't carry the job, they start to grumble and complain to their boss (kai kai kai Arab man hates it ooo). At first they will try to pet you to do the job, they will even give you a welcome party and that is usually the early stage when you see the girls posting upandan on Facebook the food they are eating and how well they are enjoying, intimidating the boyfriends they left behind or the female bestie who refused to embark on the journey with them. They usually enjoy their first month or so that's a strategy for them to feel at home and adjust to the new environment because some times some of the girls experience home sickness so the employers understands this very much. After the welcome period is over, their employers moves them to the next phase which is WORK. Yes you are there to Work so you must WORK. That's when the non stop Work starts. If you are not the smart type, work go kill you there. When these girls start getting tired because of the non stop work, they begin to show it in their actions, they start frowning and sometimes refuse completely not to work or say they are sick. Sickness is something the employers won't take serious because they think it's just an excuse not to work. Not until they see the real sickness, like vomit, high fever and all, OYO is your case ooo na panadol and sorry you go get and you will still work on top it.
When madam begins to suspect that this maid is changing, she is lazy or the maid is not just working as expected, they report to their husband's because most of them can't speak English but their husbands can speak English. Now oga will call the maid to find out what her problem is. If she says she won't to go back home that she can't do the job anymore, Oga will try to calm and pet her and even promise her heaven and earth. I doesn't change anything because the maid do not have the power for the Job and madam is expecting more from the made which ends up causing issues. That is when Oga use to change it for the maid. They get seriously mad because of the money already paid to the office to hire a maid. They will take the maid back to the office. When the maid gets to the office, the MD of that agency will question her and ask if she wants to be deployed to another home. If she says yes, she gets it but if she says No she wants to go back to her country they will say OK but be ready to take care of your flight ticket yourself because the maid didn't work till the agreed period signed which is 2 years. If you don't have the money to return hime , they will call the police to come get you out of their office and the police will keep you among those awaiting deportation and you can be there for months till it gets to your turn. There the maid will meet her new colleagues waiting to be deported. Anything you see na im you go chop that is if you see it sef.
It is at these point that these girls cries out and forming victims or acting like they didn't know that they were traveling to the middle east to work as maids. When they can no longer bear the stressful job, they change the music and start saying I didn't know I didn't know bla bla bla.

7) Some of these girls knew where they were going, they left the country with their game plans, some achieved it while some failed.
At least there are those who endured till the last and they returned back home. While there are those who went with the aim of snatching madams husband and they successful did it for the monetary game. There were those who went there to steal Gold jewelries and money. I know of a girl in our neighborhood who did and how she escaped to Nigeria till today I no know but it must have been a well arranged game from home sha. While some who tried it got arrested. Some of those who got caught even changed the music saying they were set up or something to gain sympathy..

9) let me loud it again, a Lazy person cannot not work in the middle east. Domestic Work there is crazy. You must be a JAKI (Donkey) to survive there. Don't let any friends photos on the social media deceive you, they will not tell you the stressful part of the job. If you must go, just pray to be posted in Fadeyi Oloro's house.
Also know that when you go, you are not only serving one person. You will be serving madam, Oga, the overgrown pampered children, spoilt toddlers and both extended families hehehehehehe.
Me I cannot say you should not go and hutsle ooo because the last time I did, some of my friends thought I didn't want them to be great but I will advise that if you must go hutsle as a lady, don't ever consider middle east for domestic jobs except you are sponsoring yourself for other jobs( health, malls, companies) NOT domestic jobs I REPEAT! Go elsewhere.

10) As for the girl crying out, I see no reason why shouldn't be returned home. Though the contract is 2 years but there is a minimum which is sometimes 6 months to 12 months . A maid who stayed till 1 year is an honor sef so the girl can go back home... The necessary authorities handling it should look into it and help her return.

Please excuse my gbagaun...

1 Like

Re: Please Help Me, I Don't Want To Die- Nigerian Lady Trafficked To Oman (video) by yanabasee1(m): 10:06am On May 03, 2020
God should protect her and bring her back safely home.....

1 Like

(1) (Reply)

Thief Beaten Mercilessly For Stealing Pam Slippers In Delta / Georgefloyd : Photos Of Protest Across The Globe Over Gorge Floyd's Death / Before You Join The Protest Read This

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 41
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.