Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,554 members, 7,819,967 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 07:43 AM

8-Month Pregnant Nigerian Woman Trafficked To Lebanon And Locked Up, Cries Out - Crime - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Crime / 8-Month Pregnant Nigerian Woman Trafficked To Lebanon And Locked Up, Cries Out (50660 Views)

8-Month Pregnant Woman Chops Off Her Husband's Penis - Graphic Pictures / A Pregnant Nigerian Girl In Ghana Held Hostage By Her Abusive Boyfriend / Pregnant Nigerian Immigrant Collapses In Italy While Being Beaten By Policeman (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

8-Month Pregnant Nigerian Woman Trafficked To Lebanon And Locked Up, Cries Out by Adekdammy: 8:10am On Jun 23, 2020
EXCLUSIVE: Eight-month Pregnant Nigerian Woman Trafficked To Lebanon And Locked Up In Office Building Cries Out For Help

Rasheedat Taiwo Saka, an eight-month pregnant Nigerian woman trafficked to Lebanon, has cried out for help after she was abandoned to her fate by Nigerian authorities.

Saka told SaharaReporters on Monday that despite the COVID-19 pandemic, she has had no access to food or medical care and was currently locked up in her traffickers' office alongside other victims.

Narrating her ordeal, Saka said she left Nigeria after her husband died in November 2018 and things became difficult financially.

She said three agents in Nigeria including one Mr John and another person named Victor approached her and presented her the opportunity of working in Lebanon.

"Before I left for Lebanon, they bought our passport and ticket and said two months of our salary will be theirs' when we got there.

"I didn't know I was pregnant when I left Nigeria. When I got to Lebanon, the agency and my employer took me to the hospital, they found out I was pregnant but still forced me to work.

"Despite my condition, I was forced to work for six months from house to house until the house where I worked last. I had started showing very well, the woman returned me to the agency.

"I have not been paid. I reached out to the agent, Mr John, and narrated my ordeal to him saying I wanted to come home because the agency in Lebanon claimed I owed them. He dismissed me, saying my trouble was too much and asked me to contact my family to settle the Lebanese traffickers even when he knew I have no family. He has also been disturbing me, asking me to pay him, claiming I still owed him after collecting my salary from the agency in Lebanon," she said.

Saka, SaharaReporters gathered, is currently locked up in the trafficking agency called Damaj Services in Lebanon.

"I, alongside other women, some from Nigeria and others from Ghana, are currently locked up in an office building.

"The bed we are sleeping on is children's size and I am eight months pregnant. Throughout yesterday I could not sleep because I am in severe pain.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KGQio0f8gjI

"I am hungry too. In fact, so hungry that I had to beg one of the staff in the building to buy food for me yesterday to eat, he bought bread and gave me. Then we were given five pieces of potatoes to eat; we are more than six in number," she lamented.

When SaharaReporters contacted Abike Dabiri-Erewa, Chairperson of the Nigerians in Diaspora Commission, over the issue on Monday, her phone rang out without response.

A text message sent to her was also not replied as at the time of filing this report.

Adekola Damilola an activist with Rescue Africans In Slavery (projectferry), a project working to draw attention to the plight of trafficked Nigerians in Lebanon and Oman, said the biggest challenge they encounter is the unwillingness on the part of the Nigerian Government to rescue women and girls in danger abroad.

"There is unwillingness on the part of government. They can do more by sending a flight, like an amnesty and asking all women and girls who are trafficked and want to return to come back home from Lebanon, Oman and Saudi Arabia.

"Immigration officials are also part of the problem. They collect money from these agents who are traffickers and allow them.

“If staff from agencies like NAPTIP are positioned in airports, they're trained to know who is being trafficked and can intervene even before the women leave Nigeria. They should also be positioned in embassies abroad because I have heard of many cases where embassy staff just take names and complaints and send the women back to their traffickers without any action."

http://saharareporters.com/2020/06/22/exclusive-eight-month-pregnant-nigerian-woman-trafficked-lebanon-and-locked-office

5 Likes 2 Shares

Re: 8-Month Pregnant Nigerian Woman Trafficked To Lebanon And Locked Up, Cries Out by longetivity(m): 8:14am On Jun 23, 2020
God will deliver and bring her home safely. Amen

34 Likes 3 Shares

Re: 8-Month Pregnant Nigerian Woman Trafficked To Lebanon And Locked Up, Cries Out by micki1: 8:16am On Jun 23, 2020
longetivity:
Amen.

1 Like

Re: 8-Month Pregnant Nigerian Woman Trafficked To Lebanon And Locked Up, Cries Out by Adekdammy: 8:19am On Jun 23, 2020
longetivity:

Amen.
Re: 8-Month Pregnant Nigerian Woman Trafficked To Lebanon And Locked Up, Cries Out by sapientia(m): 8:20am On Jun 23, 2020
Nigeria is not actually doing enough

Before you rant

Just circulate news that a Citizen of any developed country is being held and location known.

Dont even want to talk of our unmanned porous borders that make trafficking easy.

Which kind source be this sef

20 Likes 1 Share

Re: 8-Month Pregnant Nigerian Woman Trafficked To Lebanon And Locked Up, Cries Out by Slawormir: 8:42am On Jun 23, 2020
Damnnnnn niggarrr
Too bad

Na Abike Dabiri-Erewa work be this na
Make she reply Sahara reporters

7 Likes 3 Shares

Re: 8-Month Pregnant Nigerian Woman Trafficked To Lebanon And Locked Up, Cries Out by haryorbarmie83(m): 8:43am On Jun 23, 2020
Eh
Re: 8-Month Pregnant Nigerian Woman Trafficked To Lebanon And Locked Up, Cries Out by d4gmail: 8:43am On Jun 23, 2020
smiley
Re: 8-Month Pregnant Nigerian Woman Trafficked To Lebanon And Locked Up, Cries Out by ForeThinker: 8:43am On Jun 23, 2020
U carry Belle siddon one place u no hear ..

Narrating her ordeal, Saka said she left Nigeria after her husband died in November 2018 and things became difficult financially.

The story doesn't really add up ..

Who impregnated her the husband that died since 2018 or ashawo work due to the financial difficulty she stated .

Spiritual konji?

Where she get money fund her trip ( don't tell me it's totally free b4 she left )

The story get K legs

72 Likes 2 Shares

Re: 8-Month Pregnant Nigerian Woman Trafficked To Lebanon And Locked Up, Cries Out by EngineerBode: 8:44am On Jun 23, 2020
How do these people continue to operate?

2 Likes

Re: 8-Month Pregnant Nigerian Woman Trafficked To Lebanon And Locked Up, Cries Out by Lexusgs430: 8:44am On Jun 23, 2020
Doesn't she read stories......... undecided

7 Likes

Re: 8-Month Pregnant Nigerian Woman Trafficked To Lebanon And Locked Up, Cries Out by Kaybaba5(m): 8:44am On Jun 23, 2020
Humn
Re: 8-Month Pregnant Nigerian Woman Trafficked To Lebanon And Locked Up, Cries Out by seunlayi(m): 8:44am On Jun 23, 2020
"Before I left for Lebanon, they bought our passport and ticket and said two months of our salary will be theirs when we got there."

'
I will blame the woman, she knew what was ahead, her greed and impatient pushed her to this despite the format of the handwriting on the wall. For humanity sake, relevant agencies should extend their hand of help to her

22 Likes 1 Share

Re: 8-Month Pregnant Nigerian Woman Trafficked To Lebanon And Locked Up, Cries Out by Abbeyme: 8:45am On Jun 23, 2020
Don’t go to Lebanon, people no go hear o

6 Likes

Re: 8-Month Pregnant Nigerian Woman Trafficked To Lebanon And Locked Up, Cries Out by teadrake(m): 8:45am On Jun 23, 2020
Place ships at the harbour, informing people of her destination to Europe and you'll be amazed with the number of people that'll troop out wanting to leave this country. Make our country a better one and people will stay!!!

14 Likes

Re: 8-Month Pregnant Nigerian Woman Trafficked To Lebanon And Locked Up, Cries Out by ChiefAfonja: 8:45am On Jun 23, 2020
grin
Re: 8-Month Pregnant Nigerian Woman Trafficked To Lebanon And Locked Up, Cries Out by MarcC: 8:45am On Jun 23, 2020
S
Re: 8-Month Pregnant Nigerian Woman Trafficked To Lebanon And Locked Up, Cries Out by tammie24: 8:45am On Jun 23, 2020
These people never learn

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: 8-Month Pregnant Nigerian Woman Trafficked To Lebanon And Locked Up, Cries Out by Kingpele(m): 8:45am On Jun 23, 2020
Nawa, not all that glitters are gold, desperation will only increase your chances of being scammed or messed up, she is not even aware she was pregnant, it goes a long way to reveal her degree of intelligence and her way of life, if u are an adult, u should learn to live with the consequences of your decisions in life, we are not in the so called develop world that cares about the welfare of citizens

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: 8-Month Pregnant Nigerian Woman Trafficked To Lebanon And Locked Up, Cries Out by duduade: 8:45am On Jun 23, 2020
Please what's Abike Dabiri doing again
Re: 8-Month Pregnant Nigerian Woman Trafficked To Lebanon And Locked Up, Cries Out by segebase(m): 8:45am On Jun 23, 2020
get
Re: 8-Month Pregnant Nigerian Woman Trafficked To Lebanon And Locked Up, Cries Out by OakConsultNG: 8:46am On Jun 23, 2020
Sad..

Meanwhile, register your Business, Church and Company with the CAC at discounted prices. Obtain your TIN. Check our signature and page for more details.

Offer lasts for a limited period only.
Re: 8-Month Pregnant Nigerian Woman Trafficked To Lebanon And Locked Up, Cries Out by Slymonster(m): 8:46am On Jun 23, 2020
How do you go to Lebanon when their currency is wack. Even Lebanese come here to work and send money home there because our currency is bigger than there own.

People like suffer sha

16 Likes

Re: 8-Month Pregnant Nigerian Woman Trafficked To Lebanon And Locked Up, Cries Out by DenreleDave(m): 8:46am On Jun 23, 2020
So Nigerians still dey traffick ladies shocked
Re: 8-Month Pregnant Nigerian Woman Trafficked To Lebanon And Locked Up, Cries Out by brownemmanuel43(m): 8:46am On Jun 23, 2020
O lord our help in ages past
Re: 8-Month Pregnant Nigerian Woman Trafficked To Lebanon And Locked Up, Cries Out by Finnese001: 8:47am On Jun 23, 2020
okay

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

3 Men Who Gang-Rape Ladies With Toy Gun While Recording The Act In Ogun Arrested / "Tony Trace Of ABU Zaria Raped 72 Girls" - Suleiman Muhammad Murkthar / How UNIOSUN Student Adebisi Rofiat Was Killed

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 47
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.