Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,804 members, 7,827,959 topics. Date: Tuesday, 14 May 2024 at 08:10 PM

Democratic Republic Of Yoruba (or Odua Land) - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Democratic Republic Of Yoruba (or Odua Land) (2974 Views)

Odua Land At Limbo / Ambassador Of Democratic Republic Of Korea Visits Governor Ikpeazu / Anti-democratic Forces Killed Audu – Group (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Democratic Republic Of Yoruba (or Odua Land) by LoveKing(m): 2:16pm On May 13, 2011
Instead of Odualand i think the name that will fit the yoruba nation is democratic republic of yoruba. Endorsements needed.

1 Like

Re: Democratic Republic Of Yoruba (or Odua Land) by Chyz2: 2:21pm On May 13, 2011
Pipe dream.

1 Like

Re: Democratic Republic Of Yoruba (or Odua Land) by LoveKing(m): 2:24pm On May 13, 2011
It will represent an heritage of all yorubas all over the world.
Re: Democratic Republic Of Yoruba (or Odua Land) by EkoIle1: 2:28pm On May 13, 2011
Sounds good to me,

1 Like

Re: Democratic Republic Of Yoruba (or Odua Land) by LoveKing(m): 2:48pm On May 13, 2011
Eko Ile:

Sounds good to me,
yes. all the yorubas from south america,u.s,u.k,carribean will come together for democratic republic of yoruba
Re: Democratic Republic Of Yoruba (or Odua Land) by Dotman01(m): 2:52pm On May 13, 2011
it sounds good though. . .we are all sons and daughters of oodua. i will prefer oodua rep. as a nation and yoruba as the ppl.
Re: Democratic Republic Of Yoruba (or Odua Land) by LoveKing(m): 3:02pm On May 13, 2011
Not all yoruba worldwide can relate to odua but they proudly call themselves yorubas.
Re: Democratic Republic Of Yoruba (or Odua Land) by Chyz2: 3:06pm On May 13, 2011
You all are even more dumb than your pipe-dream.sons and daughters of oduduwo? How are you all sons and daughters of someone who came after your tribe already existed?lol. Dummies.
Re: Democratic Republic Of Yoruba (or Odua Land) by Fhemmmy: 3:08pm On May 13, 2011
Good joke
Re: Democratic Republic Of Yoruba (or Odua Land) by dellnet: 3:10pm On May 13, 2011
better give it a name that the white folks can pronounce right.

1 Like

Re: Democratic Republic Of Yoruba (or Odua Land) by LoveKing(m): 3:10pm On May 13, 2011
Edo and Benin Republic will gladly be a part. Where is musiwa?
Re: Democratic Republic Of Yoruba (or Odua Land) by EkoIle1: 3:11pm On May 13, 2011
Chyz*:

Pipe dream.

Chyz*:

You all are even more dumb than your pipe-dream.sons and daughters of oduduwo? How are you all sons and daughters of someone who came after your tribe already existed?lol. Dummies.

You see? We heard you the first time, we basically ignored you.

Find something better to do with your time like crying and begging for speaker position or what ever that's eating your grapes or will make your life complete.
Re: Democratic Republic Of Yoruba (or Odua Land) by LoveKing(m): 3:12pm On May 13, 2011
dell_net:

hey say Aruba.
Now say Yoruba.
Re: Democratic Republic Of Yoruba (or Odua Land) by EkoIle1: 3:14pm On May 13, 2011
dell_net:

Sounds a little ignorant and colomental. Do you think they give a damn about you knowing how to pronounce their names? There are terrible sounding names all over the world and they are pronouncing them very well.
Re: Democratic Republic Of Yoruba (or Odua Land) by dellnet: 3:18pm On May 13, 2011
don't you want it to be part of the globalization taking shape? on the contrary, yes they do give a damn about how their names are pronounced if you say it wrong they will always correct you. well this goes for any educated person.
Re: Democratic Republic Of Yoruba (or Odua Land) by Nobody: 3:19pm On May 13, 2011
Chyz*:

The people are so confused.

All hail the Oduduwan mou-mous. grin
Re: Democratic Republic Of Yoruba (or Odua Land) by Katsumoto: 3:19pm On May 13, 2011
LoveKing:

Instead of Odualand i think the name that will fit the yoruba nation is democratic republic of yoruba. Endorsements needed.

I don't think it sounds good. It's like saying Democratic Republic of English.

I think Odua Peoples Republic sounds better. or Democratic Republic of Odualand.

Chyz*:

Your preponderance for contributing idiocy to threads that are of no concern to you is certainly getting worse by the minute. Why don't you let the Yoruba people worry about what to call themselves. Afterall, no one quarrelled with you when you decided to go with a local moniker like Chyz*.
Re: Democratic Republic Of Yoruba (or Odua Land) by Katsumoto: 3:22pm On May 13, 2011
dell_net:

Do you think citizens of the following countries care whether you can pronounce their country's name?

Uzbekistan
Turkmenistan
Azerbaijan
Kyrgyzstan
Kazakhstan

1 Like

Re: Democratic Republic Of Yoruba (or Odua Land) by EkoIle1: 3:24pm On May 13, 2011
dell_net:

don't you want it to be part of the globalization taking shape? on the contrary, yes they do give a damn about how their names are pronounced if you say it wrong they will always correct you. well this goes for any educated person.

What about you doing same? Are you scared of the white man or do you feel inferior and insecure about your name?

Sounds like you have serious complex issues,
Re: Democratic Republic Of Yoruba (or Odua Land) by dellnet: 3:33pm On May 13, 2011
Eko Ile:

What about you doing same? Are you scared of the white man or do you feel inferior and insecure about your name?

Sounds like you have serious complex issues,
Whats personal about this? if you are having a bad day throw it out elsewhere. the point is it better get a name that everybody can pronounce. you seem to have no sense of humor at all, asking me if I feel inferior to whites just cause I mentioned them.

Katsumoto:

Do you think citizens of the following countries care whether you can pronounce their country's name?

Uzbekistan
Turkmenistan
Azerbaijan
Kyrgyzstan
Kazakhstan
I am blur, whats the third one?
Re: Democratic Republic Of Yoruba (or Odua Land) by LoveKing(m): 3:34pm On May 13, 2011
Katsumoto:

I don't think it sounds good. It's like saying Democratic Republic of English.

I think Odua Peoples Republic sounds better. or Democratic Republic of Odualand.

An english man is from england and scottish from scotland. But yoruba is not english.
not all Yorubas relate to Odua. Allover the world they see themselves as yorubas.
Re: Democratic Republic Of Yoruba (or Odua Land) by Katsumoto: 3:42pm On May 13, 2011
LoveKing:

An english man is from england and scottish from scotland. But yoruba is not english.
not all Yorubas relate to Odua. Allover the world they see themselves as yorubas.

I don't get your point. Are you creating for the Yoruba in Nigeria or for the Yoruba in Latin America and other parts of West Africa? So you are going to choose a name to accommodate those that are unlikely to move to Yorubaland at the expense of those that currently live in Yorubaland?

In any case, creating Yorubaland and just inviting Yorubas from all over the World is not a decision to be taken just because of the Sentimental value. It must be well thought out.
Re: Democratic Republic Of Yoruba (or Odua Land) by EkoIle1: 3:43pm On May 13, 2011
dell_net:

Whats personal about this? if you are having a bad day throw it out elsewhere.  the point is it better get a name that everybody can pronounce. you seem to have no sense of humor at all, asking me if I feel inferior to whites just cause I mentioned them.
I am blur, whats the third one?

Your name is your name, your name is your identity, it's part of your make up and culture and you can not switch around your identity just to please other people?

Btw

Where is the humor?
Re: Democratic Republic Of Yoruba (or Odua Land) by Chyz2: 3:46pm On May 13, 2011
@mbatuku2, don't mind those omos. They are living in a how do say,virtual reality,lol.
Re: Democratic Republic Of Yoruba (or Odua Land) by dellnet: 3:52pm On May 13, 2011
Eko Ile:

Your name is your name, your name is your identity, it's part of your make up and culture and you can not switch around your identity just to please other people?

Btw

Where is the humor?

You dont have it. If really the State was to exist I would personally prefer something with Ile or orun in it. something like Ile-Ife.
Re: Democratic Republic Of Yoruba (or Odua Land) by EkoIle1: 4:08pm On May 13, 2011
dell_net:

You dont have it. If really the State was to exist I would personally prefer something with Ile or orun in it. something like Ile-Ife.

Don't have what?

It makes no difference to me what you prefer, twisting your name and identity around to please other people just doesn't make sense, you are basically compromising your identity.
Re: Democratic Republic Of Yoruba (or Odua Land) by tpia5: 4:16pm On May 13, 2011
Is love king not edo.

I guess people dont realise he's making fun of them.
Re: Democratic Republic Of Yoruba (or Odua Land) by dellnet: 4:18pm On May 13, 2011
Eko Ile:

Don't have what?

It makes no difference to me what you prefer, twisting your name and identity around to please other people just doesn't make sense, you are basically compromising your identity.
Thats what you know. The last input was not directed at you to have a difference in what I prefer.
Re: Democratic Republic Of Yoruba (or Odua Land) by EkoIle1: 4:35pm On May 13, 2011
dell_net:

Thats what you know. The last input was not directed at you to have a difference in what I prefer.

Obviously, you are not making any sense.
Re: Democratic Republic Of Yoruba (or Odua Land) by Nobody: 8:06pm On May 13, 2011
We were never children of oodua,

According to most incantations and Yoruba poetry I have heard, oodua doesn't have any whereas Obatala does, Oduduwa is a political entity and I'll rather pay homage to Awolowo. His poetic existence was and still is a propaganda. Try raising the issue among Yoruba elders who are rather into the spiritual aspect of Yoruba people; they will explain everything clearly and tell you he is of no importance to Yoruba people generally but to a specific group people, All the story of coming down from with a rope blah blah is an Ogiso (Benin people's) myth that their leaders came from heaven etc, Oduduwa actually almost successfully divided Yoruba land into fragments of it's own. even up until recent 2 decades, the impact of his divisive policies were still recurring,

We are not children of Oduduwa instead we are children of Orunmila, So therefore, The Yoruba nation can't have Oduduwa as a word in her name,
Re: Democratic Republic Of Yoruba (or Odua Land) by Afam4eva(m): 8:10pm On May 13, 2011
I disagree with the two names. If i were to suggest, i think Peoples republic of Awolowo will make more sense since Awolowo contributed a lot to the development of Yorubaland.
Re: Democratic Republic Of Yoruba (or Odua Land) by Dede1(m): 8:14pm On May 13, 2011
@POST

I shall even volunteer as a mercenary to fight for the declaration of such republic if the people concerned will ever muster enough courage and intestinal fortitude to embark on such epic endeavor.  grin grin grin

However, I shall take my cues on the part of history with regard to this lofty and wind aided imagination. grin grin

I am only for Republic of Yoruba. Awolowo was a political damaged good via SL Akintola.

(1) (2) (Reply)

Is AIG MBU Above the Law in this Country? #ReleaseAmaechiAnakwue / Gej In Ladipo Mushin Lagos / Address Me As, Muhammadu Buhari, Not General

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 37
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.