Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,195,567 members, 7,958,752 topics. Date: Wednesday, 25 September 2024 at 10:28 PM

Honest Questions For Serious Christians ONLY - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Honest Questions For Serious Christians ONLY (339 Views)

Is Heaven Made For Christians Only? / Many Christians Only Know The Law Of Moses But Not That Of Christ / Ah! Sin Unto Death. (all Christians Only ) we waiting for Christians (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Honest Questions For Serious Christians ONLY by YungMillionaire: 1:57pm On May 03, 2020
Well today is Sunday, and I thought I would bring up an issue that I have always found interesting about Christianity and Christians. Please I do not want this thread to ever be turned into an insult avenue. Only serious answers please. I have a question but first I want to lay down the context of my inquiry. I have spoken to many Nigerian Christians who say that reincarnation does not go with Christianity. Some of them especially pentecostals are vehemently opposed to the idea. Yet when you read the gospels one is compelled to realize that Jesus himself believed in it.
If you are a Christian you will remember the story of how Jesus healed the man who was born blind. Now here are verses that explain the story and prove that re-incarnation was accepted as reality by Jesus and his disciples:

"And His disciples asked Him, “Rabbi, who sinned, this man or his parents, that he would be born blind?” (John 9:2).
"It was neither that this man sinned, nor his parents; but it was so that the works of God might be displayed in him," (John 9:3).

So here are is my question: If the man was born blind then why did the disciples ask Jesus if the blindness was due to his (the blind man's) sin? This means that the man had a life before he was born. This is the only logical conclusion one can draw from this.

Please when you respond do so logically. 1. No need to quote another scripture that goes against reincarnation because it is irrelevant. Why? Well if the one part of the bible supports reincarnation and another part does not, then you know what that means don't you.

Thank you.
Re: Honest Questions For Serious Christians ONLY by odinson1(m): 4:53pm On May 03, 2020
YungMillionaire:
Well today is Sunday, and I thought I would bring up an issue that I have always found interesting about Christianity and Christians. Please I do not want this thread to ever be turned into an insult avenue. Only serious answers please. I have a question but first I want to lay down the context of my inquiry. I have spoken to many Nigerian Christians who say that reincarnation does not go with Christianity. Some of them especially pentecostals are vehemently opposed to the idea. Yet when you read the gospels one is compelled to realize that Jesus himself believed in it.
If you are a Christian you will remember the story of how Jesus healed the man who was born blind. Now here are verses that explain the story and prove that re-incarnation was accepted as reality by Jesus and his disciples:

"And His disciples asked Him, “Rabbi, who sinned, this man or his parents, that he would be born blind?” (John 9:2).
"It was neither that this man sinned, nor his parents; but it was so that the works of God might be displayed in him," (John 9:3).

So here are is my question: If the man was born blind then why did the disciples ask Jesus if the blindness was due to his (the blind man's) sin? This means that the man had a life before he was born. This is the only logical conclusion one can draw from this.

Please when you respond do so logically. 1. No need to quote another scripture that goes against reincarnation because it is irrelevant. Why? Well if the one part of the bible supports reincarnation and another part does not, then you know what that means don't you.

Thank you.

No!

Because the disciples believed about something,that does not make it true
Re: Honest Questions For Serious Christians ONLY by Nobody: 6:33pm On May 03, 2020

(1) (Reply)

Arondizuogu People Declare Pastor Odumuej Wanted; Dead Or Alive; After He Insult / Pastor Sam Adeyemi Reportedly Credits Daystar Church Members’ With N10,000 Each / .

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 11
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.