Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,204 members, 7,818,676 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 09:40 PM

Being Black In Berlin/germany - Travel (69) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Being Black In Berlin/germany (159693 Views)

Nigerian Man Stranded & Acting Unwell In Berlin. Do You Know Him? / Nigerian Embassy Staff In Berlin Sleeping With Women For Passport Renewal Caught / Deji Yesufu: Coronavirus, Cancelled Flights In Berlin, Nigerian Saves Me (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (66) (67) (68) (69) (70) (71) (72) ... (95) (Go Down)

Re: Being Black In Berlin/germany by Xeeex: 6:46pm On Aug 02, 2020
Let me briefly post about the German language.

German is a Germanic language just as English. But although German and English share some origins of some words. They are entirely different languages. Yes, similar words like brot and bread, wasser and water, und and and, mann and man, but if you want to reach fluency in German you need about 6 months to a year of study or about 700 hours of lectures. If you take 2 hours every day, that'll take about 1 year.

If you take a German exam, you will be tested on 4(vier) Parts which are hören, sprechen, Schreiben and lesen. Which are hearing, speaking, writing and reading.

For someone to call himself or herself fluent, he must speak in good German to a German speaker in any topic like football or politics without any difficulty. Germans speak pretty fast and you must take months of listening exercises to properly understand them.

If you're ffluent in German, you must be able to write an essay or a letter in German. Speak good German and read German literature or newspapers and magazines.

Yeah, German is pretty close to English compared to languages like Arabic, Chinese, Finnish and others but it's easier to learn Spanish, Swedish, Italian.

Don't take what you see literally, German is easier to learn for English speakers than other languages but learning a language requires work and dedication.

How will you buy something with your Mann, brot, Wasser, and other simple German words?

I think German fluently in one month is impossible. But you can have great progress in one month but not fluency.

If you know about 1000 German most used words, you can uunderstand about 80%(not sure, I've forgotten) of all German texts. But it's useless. It's like "the boy is.... ", "I'm going to the.... then I'll.... you".

If you learn 4000 most used German words you'll be able to understand about 95% of all German texts but it takes work.

I hope I've educated a little.

Deutsche Sprache, schwere Sprache

Viele gespräche, nur wenige tun

16 Likes

Re: Being Black In Berlin/germany by Xeeex: 6:57pm On Aug 02, 2020
Rawhumper:
With my capacity i think it will take me 2months with intensive studying to learn German but not fluently but be good at it.

With the 3D- dedication,determination and development i can achieve it bro

Someone once said that "everyone has a plan until you get punched in the face."

You feel you can do it in two months, fine do it first.

When watching football and someone misses a goal scoring chance , viewers scream and shout like they would have scored the goal if they were playing.

To be honest I felt dumb when learning German initially. I'm an intermediate now. I'm not trying to discourage anyone but only he who wears the shoe know where it pinches.

Try learning first, not only talking

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Being Black In Berlin/germany by Rawhumper(m): 7:01pm On Aug 02, 2020
My sincere apologies bro.

Its a nice thread. cheesy

quote author=evergreen9 post=92385205]@rawhumper, please stop spamming the thread bro. Thanks[/quote]
Re: Being Black In Berlin/germany by Drenimarcus(m): 8:22pm On Aug 02, 2020
You guys are spamming this thread with unnecessary posts. Allow Daniel do his thing please. Thank you.

Signed,

Management.

11 Likes

Re: Being Black In Berlin/germany by DMPaulSr: 8:42pm On Aug 02, 2020

Oga wetin nah

Open ur thread.

2 Likes

Re: Being Black In Berlin/germany by Nobody: 8:59pm On Aug 02, 2020
Interesting. smiley
Re: Being Black In Berlin/germany by Ishilove: 9:03pm On Aug 02, 2020
Mynd44, this vhuqnl person is spamming and derailing this lovely thread.

1 Like

Re: Being Black In Berlin/germany by Ishilove: 9:08pm On Aug 02, 2020
Treyknowles:
Dude please try to act mature, your signature and replies to ishilove are uncalled for, you're trying to start a fight which will derail the thread. No be everyone you go dey reply.
I pick my fights very carefully and I will not dignify that thing with a response. I make it a point of duty not to fight with pigs because they will drag you down to their level and enjoy rolling in the muck while at it.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Being Black In Berlin/germany by Thastie(f): 9:32pm On Aug 02, 2020
Ishilove:

I pick my fights very carefully and I will not dignify that thing with a response. I make it a point of duty not to fight with pigs because they will drag you down to their level and enjoy rolling in the muck while at it.

Apt description of him and his likes

1 Like

Re: Being Black In Berlin/germany by Rawhumper(m): 9:57pm On Aug 02, 2020
Hitler became agressive because of many reasons,Germanys defeat in World war1 and the heavy damages placed on Germany to pay on countries then weaak economy,corruption etc in the system.

This led to the purge when he took power as chancellor,he reorganised the system,bla bla.

It was the attack on Poland by Germany was the major factor that led to the world war.

If we start tracing reasons which are many,we wont b able to list them.

Adolf Hilter wanted expansion,he so much believed in the Arian blood to be superior,his plan was to annihilate the world especially the jews,Poles,blacks etc.

Ironically most of the soildiers in the German army were Austrians,even Adolf Hilter was an Austrian not German.

Germany would have won the war,they had the most disciplined Army,best war machines,economy etc.
He bit more than he could chew,some school of thought believe that Hitlers attack on Russia was the main factor that cost him the war.

Sorry if i derailed but am a writer.

yvelchstores:
did you not at least learn about what led to the world War sir? Don't go there.

5 Likes

Re: Being Black In Berlin/germany by Nobody: 10:22pm On Aug 02, 2020
Wait... is this thread on the front page? How did all these palm wine people get here? Smh

17 Likes

Re: Being Black In Berlin/germany by DMPaulSr: 10:35pm On Aug 02, 2020
Danielhouston:
Wait... is this thread on the front page? How did all these palm wine people get here? Smh
It's not on FP. I wonder what'll happen if it gets to FP
Re: Being Black In Berlin/germany by Joohan: 10:36pm On Aug 02, 2020
Rawhumper:
Hitler became agressive because of many reasons,Germanys defeat in World war1 and the heavy damages placed on Germany to pay on countries then weaak economy,corruption etc in the system.

This led to the purge when he took power as chancellor,he reorganised the system,bla bla.

It was the attack on Poland by Germany was the major factor that led to the world war.

Adolf Hilter wanted expansion,he so much believed in the Arian blood to be superior,his plan was to annihilate the world especially the jews,Poles,blacks etc.

Ironically most of the soildiers in the German army were Austrians,even Adolf Hilter was an Austrian not German.

Germany would have won the war,they had the most disciplined Army,best war machines,economy etc.
He bit more than he could chew,some school of thought believe that Hitlers attack on Russia was the main factor that cost him the war.

Young man, can you take these somewhere else please. You are derailing the thread. You can collect eachothers contacts and go settle it on WhatsApp.

No one wants to hear about you or your sister here.

4 Likes

Re: Being Black In Berlin/germany by odinga1of: 10:59pm On Aug 02, 2020
Rawhumper:

Oga enough of a this your write up. Plz I take NDDC take beg u.

Don't write again...plz, we know your sister was fluent in 2 weeks. Plz don't write again. Allow OP to write alone.

5 Likes

(1) (2) (3) ... (66) (67) (68) (69) (70) (71) (72) ... (95)

Tell Us About The City Where You Live / A Comprehensive List Of The Documents Required For Visas / More Pictures Of The New Lagos Buses

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 46
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.