Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,774 members, 7,809,987 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 06:24 PM

Being Black In Berlin/germany - Travel (72) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Being Black In Berlin/germany (159127 Views)

Nigerian Man Stranded & Acting Unwell In Berlin. Do You Know Him? / Nigerian Embassy Staff In Berlin Sleeping With Women For Passport Renewal Caught / Deji Yesufu: Coronavirus, Cancelled Flights In Berlin, Nigerian Saves Me (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (69) (70) (71) (72) (73) (74) (75) ... (95) (Go Down)

Re: Being Black In Berlin/germany by DAramis: 1:20pm On Aug 05, 2020
collinsuchendu:

Manage this bro.. grin grin
cheesy grin cheesy

2 Likes

Re: Being Black In Berlin/germany by Daejoyoung: 2:20pm On Aug 05, 2020
shollish:
I'm speaking for Pharmacist
Oh ok sorry, now I see.
Re: Being Black In Berlin/germany by Deffjam: 4:43pm On Aug 05, 2020
Xeeex:

Asking someone to tell you an app that you can use to learn German just says that you are not serious and ready to learn German.

Something you can Google, you want someone to tell you.

The average person is very dumb
mr i too, i downloaded some apps they ask me to pay why some i dont understand. thank you for the Insult.

5 Likes

Re: Being Black In Berlin/germany by darfay: 5:27pm On Aug 05, 2020
you4me:
Danielhouston God will bless you for me
At the moment i have just below 10k but I believe things will happen and I’m definitely going to leave Nigeria for good
I’m a descendant of Chad republic i can get a passport from there
So the format i want to use is to first get to a vietnamese school because i saw so many with cheap tuition
There’s a thread on NL that i got info that someone can teach English and the minimum wage is reasonable
So through that way i hope to save for block account and make it to Germany
So help me god

So you are even a chadian sef. Better don't try the rubbish you do in Nigeria like the screenshot below in Germany. Best of luck with your plans

2 Likes

Re: Being Black In Berlin/germany by Xeeex: 6:17pm On Aug 05, 2020
Deffjam:
mr i too, i downloaded some apps they ask me to pay why some i dont understand. thank you for the Insult.

That's not an insult. That's why I say the average person is dumb.

Language learning apps also have free versions anyone can use
Re: Being Black In Berlin/germany by adeniranfam(f): 6:27pm On Aug 05, 2020
darfay:

So you are even a chadian sef. Better don't try the rubbish you do in Nigeria like the screenshot below in Germany. Best of luck with your plans

What's up bro can I visit germany from any European country please....I wanna see my sis dere
Re: Being Black In Berlin/germany by oyekan1997(m): 7:00pm On Aug 05, 2020
adeniranfam:

What's up bro can I visit germany from any European country please....I wanna see my sis dere

Lolss grin cheesy and your sis can't help you with that?

7 Likes

Re: Being Black In Berlin/germany by Nobody: 8:01pm On Aug 05, 2020
One thing about living in a Western country is that you can easily get used to other Western countries, whenever you visit or relocate. Living in Germany has made it easier for me to get around in other countries. I can travel anywhere without knowing anybody and I’ll find my way.

What do I mean? There are similarities in transportation, roads, architecture, technology and way of life. When I arrived in Germany as a newbie, it took me some months to get used to the environment. I got lost everyday and everything seemed like another planet. I was also not used to seeing so many white people.

After I got used to Germany and the environment, it was easy to navigate other countries. When I visited London for the first time, I went around alone and didn’t get lost. Everything just seemed normal to me. There was no culture shock or road difference. Finding my way around was easy. I already had an idea of how technology worked in Europe. Same thing with US and Canada.

29 Likes 1 Share

Re: Being Black In Berlin/germany by Fatalveli(m): 8:20pm On Aug 05, 2020
Fatalveli:
Danielhouston, can a masters student also do professional sports like football in Germany?

@danielhouston
Re: Being Black In Berlin/germany by Nobody: 8:23pm On Aug 05, 2020
Let me explain how to use google map when you arrive in a new country.

Before you leave Nigeria, get an Android or iPhone and download Google maps. You can download it before or after you arrive abroad. Make sure you turn on your location in your phone settings so Google can properly detect where you are.

If you want to go to a destination and you don’t know how to get there, say someone sends you their address and you don’t know how to find it, open Google maps on your phone. Go to the search option, you will see two options. One is for your “starting” point and the other is for your “destination”. Which means “from” and “to”.
In the “from” option, put it at “your location”. In the “to” option, you can enter the address or name of the place you’re going to.

Google will automatically detect your current location and the exact position you are, no matter the country you are in. When you enter your destination, Google maps will find the place and search for the best way to get there. Even if you can’t spell the destination correctly, google maps will give you options. Be sure to also enter the house number, if it is a building address.

Google maps will show you how to get there in many ways. It will offer you options by car, bike, walking, public transport and taxi. It will also tell you how much time it will take you to get there by any means you decide. If you choose public transport, it will show you the train, tram or bus you can take, the time of departure, and time of arrival. It will also show you how to get to the train or bus station. This can help you in any Western country.

If you choose to walk, a line will appear which shows the route to your destination. There’s also a pointer that represents you and it moves as you move. Follow the line until you get to your destination. Just keep looking at your phone. You can also turn on the speech, so the automated voice can direct you by speaking. If speech is turned on, you will hear a woman’s voice saying, for example: “Turn left to Obalende market, then turn right to Araromi street”. She will direct you until you get there and then say “You have arrived”.

That speech works with car and bike as well. This way you can get around in any country or place you find yourself, without asking anyone for directions. You will need internet on your phone to use maps correctly. You can also view the satellite image as you move. It will show you images of the buildings and streets around you, if that is what you prefer.

Good luck and travel safely.

45 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Being Black In Berlin/germany by Nobody: 8:24pm On Aug 05, 2020
Danielhouston:
One thing about living in a Western country is that you can easily get used to other Western countries, whenever you visit or relocate. Living in Germany has made it easier for me to get around in other countries. I can travel anywhere without knowing anybody and I’ll find my way.

What do I mean? There are similarities in transportation, roads, architecture, technology and way of life. When I arrived in Germany as a newbie, it took me some months to get used to the environment. I got lost everyday and everything seemed like another planet. I was also not used to seeing so many white people.

After I got used to Germany and the environment, it was easy to navigate other countries. When I visited London for the first time, I went around alone and didn’t get lost. Everything just seemed normal to me. There was no culture shock or road difference. Finding my way around was easy. I already had an idea of how technology worked in Europe. Same thing with US and Canada.

Welcome back from the break..
Re: Being Black In Berlin/germany by Nobody: 8:32pm On Aug 05, 2020
If you don’t have enough internet or you’re in another country and internet charge is expensive, you can still use Google maps in offline mode. What to do is, open google map with internet and search for your destination. When it shows you the route to follow, go to your phone settings and turn off the internet.

Then go back to the Google map and follow the direction you just search for. Google map will continue working even with the internet turned off. It will keep moving as you move and keep directing you, without problems. You just need internet to begin the process. This can be very helpful in saving mobile data.

Sometimes Google maps can fail you. Everything else can fail you, but God will never fail you. Anyway, sometimes it can take you through a wrong route or if the road is blocked or there’s a repair going on, Google maps may not be able to detect it. Sometimes it does. In that case, you need to rely on God to lead the way.
Amen and bye.

37 Likes

Re: Being Black In Berlin/germany by Nobody: 8:47pm On Aug 05, 2020
Fatalveli:
@danielhouston

Yes. You can do sports, music or whatever hobby or talent you have. Nobody will stop you. Just remember that you are still a student and if you earn money from it, it has become a means of income. If the money falls in the tax bracket, you must pay tax. It will also be considered a job.
If you do it as a hobby, nobody cares.

If you get lucky and someone wants to sign or sponsor you or you become famous, you can discuss with the foreigners office about a change of status. People have been offered citizenship for having a special talent that is beneficial to Germany. I told you guys of a Nigerian girl that was given citizenship because of her talent as a runner. She made so much money and squandered it on drugs. Now she’s old story.

21 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Being Black In Berlin/germany by Nobody: 9:04pm On Aug 05, 2020
One day I was so stressed at work and with life, I just got home and booked a flight ticket to Italy. I needed to get away and clear my head. I texted my Italian friend, whom I studied with, and he said he could host me in Rome for 3 days. That was how I landed in Italy for the first time. I was still a student at the time.

When you arrive in any Schengen country, you will not go through immigration if you came from another Schengen country and have a residence permit. For example: I already live in Germany and have my German residence permit. If I’m visiting Italy, I will not go through immigration when I arrive. There is a door for EU passport and residence permit holders.
While other foreigners are going through immigration to have their visas checked and stamped, I‘d just grab my bag and walk into the country with ease.

So I arrived at Fiumicino airport in Rome and my friend was there to pick me up. It was sunny and busy. The airport was quite far from the main city. We drove in his car and into the city of Rome. When I tell you Italians are different, they are a special kind of people. I had never seen people drive so recklessly since I left Nigeria. They don’t even obey traffic lights. They drive as if they’re playing “Need for speed”.

41 Likes 1 Share

Re: Being Black In Berlin/germany by skylane: 9:10pm On Aug 05, 2020
Danielhouston:

Yes. You can do sports, music or whatever hobby or talent you have. Nobody will stop you. Just remember that you are still a student and if you earn money from it, it has become a means of income. If the money falls in the tax bracket, you must pay tax. It will also be considered a job.

If you get lucky and someone wants to sign or sponsor you or you become famous, you can discuss with the foreigners office about a change of status. People have been offered citizenship for having a special talent that is beneficial to Germany. I told you guys of a Nigerian girl that was given citizenship because of her talent as a runner. She made so much money and squandered it on drugs. Now she’s old story.
please Oga Dee I want to know how will it be for an online business person whose into forex and make good income every month,if I want to migrate from naija, what type of visa and how will I be placed there any tax for me?
Re: Being Black In Berlin/germany by Nobody: 9:18pm On Aug 05, 2020
I had gotten used to the Italian accent because I had a lot of Italian friends at my University. It was still funny to hear them speak. It is even funny when they speak English with their accent. It is like mosquito noise to the ears, yet sexy.
Rome looked like everything I had seen in “Merlin”. The architecture and the charming ancient buildings.

Too many cars. OMG everybody and their mama had a car. The transportation system is really bad, so I can understand why. It was almost impossible to ride a bike because cars took up all the space. Even in the neighborhoods, too many cars parked that you’d find it difficult to walk through some places. Their houses reminded me of those flats in Festac, Lagos. It felt like I was in “face me, I face you”.

We went to my friend’s place and as soon as he opened the door, all his neighbors came out to look. Very nosy people. I went out to buy pizza and I was surprised at how cheap it was. Nobody around me could understand English. I had to type in google translate and show them. Then they’d ask me if I was American. When I said I was Nigerian, they’d laugh so much before responding to me. They were already used to Nigerians.

We took a stroll in the evening and it was surprising to see a place in Europe like that. The roads were very ugly and curved. But very beautiful people. The girls are exceptionally beautiful and the men can dress well. They’d rather starve and use their money to buy nice clothes to look good.

35 Likes 1 Share

Re: Being Black In Berlin/germany by adeniranfam(f): 9:19pm On Aug 05, 2020
oyekan1997:

Lolss grin cheesy and your sis can't help you with that?

I want to confirm d if tourist still dey enter
Re: Being Black In Berlin/germany by Nobody: 9:33pm On Aug 05, 2020
The next day I went around Rome. Too many tourists. The tourists were even more than the Italians. I just followed them to look around and take pictures. I saw the Ancient empires and buildings, with history. But that’s not what I want to talk about.

If you go to the tourist areas, you will see so many Nigerians. Many of them were selling tickets to tourists for them to see some special locations or go inside the church. Nigerians doing their usual corner business of selling illegal tickets and collecting bribe. Everywhere was so crowded and rowdy. It was like I was in Lagos, but with many white people. Street hawkers, road side market, noise, car horn, hot sun and dirt.

I walked around and came to a road side market with many Nigerians hawking and selling stuff. Some selling shoes, clothes, jewelries, children’s toys, jeans, just like they do in Yaba market. Everywhere looked like I was in Ikeja under bridge. You can see the suffering on their faces. You know how people look when they’ve been under the sun for hours, selling market? That was the image.

I went to a Burger King to eat and the toilet was so disgusting. I continued my tour and there was this beautiful place in the center, with steps and a beautiful water stone. A lot of people chilling, some laying down. It was so beautiful. Ladies in their colorful summer gowns and sun glasses. It was like a Hollywood movie in the summer.

27 Likes 1 Share

Re: Being Black In Berlin/germany by Nobody: 9:50pm On Aug 05, 2020
There was also a lot police presence. I’ve never seen police officers look so good, like the ones in Italy. They were dressed in full gears and they were really busy. Italy is truly a country of love and romance. Everywhere I went, there were couples holding hands and kissing. Street music with people dancing and holding hands.

I just felt so happy and free. It was good to see a country where people were genuinely happy and smiling and also welcoming. I didn’t even need a tour guide or any friend. People would just smile at me and I could sit anywhere and talk to a tourist. I met some young American tourists and we walked around together. They started asking me to take them pictures every minute. That was when I got angry and continued my tour alone.

So I went back to my friend’s house and he texted some Nigerians he knew, to tell them his Nigerian friend was visiting from Germany. We later went to visit one Nigerian guy. The Nigerian guy had a very beautiful flat and was driving a Jeep. I was like, wow he has money. We talked and laughed and he offered us food. That was when my Italian friend got a phone call.

Someone called him to tell him his best friend (a Brazilian guy) was in the hospital. Turned out the Brazilian guy tried to inject himself with silicon so his ass could get bigger. I was like, what?
My friend said he warned him not to do it. The Brazilian guy is gay and he wanted a big ass so bad, that it landed him in the emergency room.
Me and the Nigerian guy were just looking at each other. We did not know whether to laugh or say sorry.

31 Likes 1 Share

Re: Being Black In Berlin/germany by Nobody: 10:05pm On Aug 05, 2020
We later went to a club. We got to the club and my Italian friend had a guest list, so we got in easily. People would walk up to us and say hello. They were so friendly and happy. In clubs in Germany, nobody would talk to you. If you even tried to talk to someone, they’d act like you offended them. In Italy it was the opposite. Girls came up to us and wanted to dance. Only sad thing was, they did not understand English.

I don’t know man, Italians are different. The amount of body odor in that club, my God, I almost vomited. I don’t know why it is hard for some people to shower and use deodorant. As people walked past me, I could smell their body odor and they smelled so bad. It was really discouraging and I lost my mood. I kept dancing anyway but I couldn’t breathe.

The streets were so quiet, which was surprising for a weekend. I was expecting it to be busy like in Berlin. Except for the people around the clubs or bars, everywhere was quiet. The police over there don’t play. I was thinking I’d see many Black people in the club, given the African population in Italy, I was disappointed. Maybe they had their own African parties that I was not aware of.

29 Likes 1 Share

Re: Being Black In Berlin/germany by Nobody: 10:20pm On Aug 05, 2020
On Sunday morning, the church bell rang and it was time for the Pope to give his sermon. I did not attend it but I heard there were a lot of people there and the Pope would speak from a window. It was surprising to see that many people were so religious. Italians don’t play about the Pope. He is bigger than the prime minister. They have great respect for him.

Italians eat pasta everyday. This one I cannot understand. They don’t even ask “what are we eating”, instead they ask “pasta and what”. They eat pasta at home and still go to restaurants to eat pasta. They cook the pasta in many different ways. They also love pizza. I don’t think I ever met an Italian that does not know how to make pizza.

Italian girls are very difficult. They can laugh and play with you but if you ask them out, you’re wasting your time. They are not sexually openminded like German girls and they won’t even give you a chance. There is a lot of competition to win a girl’s heart. That’s why their men always want to look good. Still, the girls will reject you. There’s a stereotype that Italian men don’t know how to treat women. All the times I visited Italy, I didn’t have any luck with the girls.

26 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Being Black In Berlin/germany by Nobody: 10:40pm On Aug 05, 2020
Fashion and modeling is a huge thing in Italy. Most of the buildings I saw in Rome were clothing stores. Infact there were more designer clothing stores than anything else. All the major brands in the world, have shops in Italy. Some people in Germany also go there to shop for nice clothes. Some even go there to buy clothes to sell in their stores in Germany. Then they sell it to Germans at a more expensive price.

If you want to have a feel of Lagos, go to Rome. The environment is so ghetto, yet beautiful. My most favorite parts are the streets between houses. With the balconies and architecture, it looks very beautiful. Everything just makes you want to fall in love. The streets are also clean. Only the tourist areas and markets are dirty.

Everything you heard about Nigerian girls in Italy, is true. They have a reputation for engaging in prostitution. You know the people I’m talking about. I heard a lot of Italians talk about this. I also saw a district where you’re likely to find them. There are also many Nigerian refugees in Italy and the Italians are not happy about it. The economy is bad and many Italians are unemployed. They feel the refugees are taking their jobs. They also see Africans as lazy.

To my surprise there are a lot of Nigerians in Italy who speak fluent Italian. They speak it with the accent. They also fight each other. I’ve never seen people so wicked and desperate like the Nigerians in Italy. They drag each other down.
I’ve been to Milan also but it is very boring. I prefer Rome. Milan has better fashion and lifestyle but the city looks dead. Rome is more for young people.

26 Likes 1 Share

Re: Being Black In Berlin/germany by Nobody: 10:51pm On Aug 05, 2020
Ok
darfay:

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Being Black In Berlin/germany by Nobody: 11:00pm On Aug 05, 2020
darfay:

I’m not supposed to respond
But anyways thank you for wishing me good
Re: Being Black In Berlin/germany by Nobody: 11:01pm On Aug 05, 2020
Danielhouston:

I don't understand what people derive from drugs. I mean, what's there? What's so special about drugs? If any of you do drugs, lemme know why you so enjoy it.

2 Likes

Re: Being Black In Berlin/germany by Nobody: 11:06pm On Aug 05, 2020
In all the countries I’ve been to, Italy has the highest number of Africans who are illegal, after UK. It is also where a lot of Africans pass through to enter other countries in Europe. Many of the Nigerians seeking Asylum in Germany, came through Italy. Some of them move to other countries to reside illegally.

Even those granted Asylum in Italy, always want to live in another country. Some of them come to Germany to hustle, because of the poverty level and hardship in Italy. Italians are moving away in large numbers to find a better life in other countries. There are a lot of them in Germany doing menial jobs or working in Tech. The whole Mafia thing is also very real.

If you have plans of going to Italy, whether to study or reside, think well and plan well. It is not the land of gold you think it is. Even though it is in Europe and their passport is one of the best in the world, the economy is bad and life is tough. Don’t let anybody sell you a Disney dream. If you see any Nigerian who lives there and is making good money, ask them what they are really doing for the money.

I’m not saying you cannot survive there. I’m just telling you to plan well and be prepared. They are the ghetto Europeans. They even know how to “open eye” more than Africans. Nigerians have a bad reputation in Italy, especially our girls. Italians are friendly people but backstabbers. They will laugh in your front and plan against you at your back.

39 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Being Black In Berlin/germany by Nobody: 11:21pm On Aug 05, 2020
Anyway, back to my story.... So it was the last day of my first visit to Rome and I had to leave. This was where I got lost. The train line was so confusing. I eventually used the bus. I got to the bus stop and I was shocked. It felt like I was in Jibowu bus park.
You know how those buses in Lagos that are going to the East, the way they operate, that was how it was in Rome. Nigerians were selling ticket like Ifesinachi transport to Enugu.

I did not know who to buy from. People were pushing each other to stay in line and buy a ticket. Some were selling ticket on the side. The drivers didn’t even care. They were shouting the name of the destination like Danfo drivers and conductors: “Fiumicino, Fiumicino” everywhere. Too much noise. One Nigerian guy eventually came and told us to form another line. He was the one with the real tickets.

At that point I started praying. All those nonsense they were doing and I had a plane to catch. I got on the bus and drove to the Airport. It was a nice bus with air conditioning. I arrived at the airport and ran to my terminal. When I tell you Italians are different. The security check was so terrible.
Even the people checking our bags were chatting with each other and chewing gum. They did not care. It was like they hated the job. You know how Nigerian government workers behave? That was how it was.

34 Likes 1 Share

Re: Being Black In Berlin/germany by Nobody: 11:26pm On Aug 05, 2020
I’ve told you guys about UK and Italy. When I want to talk about other countries I’ve visited, I will not write extensively like I did for London and Rome. I only went into details because of the Nigerians there and the special events I experienced.

I’ll just give a general overview of the remaining countries, without too many details. It takes time and effort to write these things and I can’t keep up. I hope you understand. Thanks for reading.

57 Likes

Re: Being Black In Berlin/germany by Blm12: 11:36pm On Aug 05, 2020
Woow.... I've been a ghost reader for a while now, I have to comment, NICE JOB SIR!

1 Like

Re: Being Black In Berlin/germany by ridboy94(m): 11:43pm On Aug 05, 2020
Danielhouston:
It takes time and effort to write these things and I can’t keep up. I hope you understand. Thanks for reading.

You are highly appreciated sir!!!

1 Like

Re: Being Black In Berlin/germany by Nobody: 11:47pm On Aug 05, 2020
skylane:
please Oga Dee I want to know how will it be for an online business person whose into forex and make good income every month,if I want to migrate from naija, what type of visa and how will I be placed there any tax for me?

I don’t understand your question. You want to go to Germany as a student and then do Forex trading online? Or you want to go as a worker to do online Forex business? There is no special visa for Forex traders. Go online and check the type of visas Germany offers.

2 Likes

Re: Being Black In Berlin/germany by Gerrard59(m): 6:45am On Aug 06, 2020
Danielhouston:
when my Italian friend got a phone call.

Someone called him to tell him his best friend (a Brazilian guy) was in the hospital. Turned out the Brazilian guy tried to inject himself with silicon so his ass could get bigger. I was like, what?
My friend said he warned him not to do it. The Brazilian guy is gay and he wanted a big ass so bad, that it landed him in the emergency room.
Me and the Nigerian guy were just looking at each other. We did not know whether to laugh or say sorry

I read this part and imagined the reaction, it was very funny. Anyone who grew up in Nigeria will react same way. Honestly, it sounded very funny. grin

10 Likes

(1) (2) (3) ... (69) (70) (71) (72) (73) (74) (75) ... (95)

Tell Us About The City Where You Live / A Comprehensive List Of The Documents Required For Visas / More Pictures Of The New Lagos Buses

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 79
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.