Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,288 members, 7,818,981 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 09:23 AM

Being Black In Berlin/germany - Travel (77) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Being Black In Berlin/germany (159731 Views)

Nigerian Man Stranded & Acting Unwell In Berlin. Do You Know Him? / Nigerian Embassy Staff In Berlin Sleeping With Women For Passport Renewal Caught / Deji Yesufu: Coronavirus, Cancelled Flights In Berlin, Nigerian Saves Me (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (74) (75) (76) (77) (78) (79) (80) ... (95) (Go Down)

Re: Being Black In Berlin/germany by Nobody: 6:40pm On Aug 10, 2020

8 Likes

Re: Being Black In Berlin/germany by Nobody: 6:42pm On Aug 10, 2020

11 Likes

Re: Being Black In Berlin/germany by Nobody: 6:43pm On Aug 10, 2020

5 Likes

Re: Being Black In Berlin/germany by Daejoyoung: 6:44pm On Aug 10, 2020
Fatalveli:
Could you tell me about student life, social life and job opportunities in Potsdam?

Just go AL there.

Thanks
Potsdam is very close to Berlin. So while you may not really enjoy potsdam in terms of social life and job opportunities, you can always go to Berlin. I believe their student ticket also takes you to Berlin, because I had friends who were students there going in and out of Berlin for our Amazon job with their student ticket.

10 Likes

Re: Being Black In Berlin/germany by Nobody: 6:44pm On Aug 10, 2020

9 Likes

Re: Being Black In Berlin/germany by Nobody: 6:46pm On Aug 10, 2020

5 Likes

Re: Being Black In Berlin/germany by Fatalveli(m): 6:46pm On Aug 10, 2020
Daejoyoung:

Potsdam is very close to Berlin. So while you may not really enjoy potsdam in terms of social life and job opportunities, you can always go to Berlin. I believe their student ticket also takes you to Berlin, because I had friends who were students there going in and out of Berlin for our Amazon job with their student ticket.
Ok. Thanks for the tips
Re: Being Black In Berlin/germany by Nobody: 6:49pm On Aug 10, 2020

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: Being Black In Berlin/germany by Nobody: 6:50pm On Aug 10, 2020
These ones say they’re protesting against Corona and they don’t want to wear mask. But na dance dem come dance

7 Likes

Re: Being Black In Berlin/germany by Nobody: 6:56pm On Aug 10, 2020
Daejoyoung:

lol, Daejoyoung is a he. Great thread you have here. Nairaland helped me a lot while applying in 2015, thanks to folks like you.

You’re welcome brother. Feel free to share any information you want to share.

5 Likes

Re: Being Black In Berlin/germany by Nobody: 7:04pm On Aug 10, 2020
When you play music in Berlin, that’s when you’ll see all kinds of madness. People will start gathering like flies. Some of them will roll on the floor, take their shirt off, remove their shoes, and dance as if it is their last day on earth. There’s no big boy when it comes to this one. They don’t care who is watching.
Even if the music sounds like shit and you’re singing off-key, as long as there’s a beat they can dance to, they must dance.

23 Likes

Re: Being Black In Berlin/germany by descarado: 7:17pm On Aug 10, 2020
Danielhouston:
These ones say they’re protesting against Corona and they don’t want to wear mask. But na dance dem come dance
grin
Re: Being Black In Berlin/germany by descarado: 7:19pm On Aug 10, 2020
Danielhouston:

You’re welcome brother. Feel free to share any information you want to share.
Daniel, these people don't tattoo?
Is it against their culture?
Re: Being Black In Berlin/germany by FunFact: 8:04pm On Aug 10, 2020
descarado:

I can spot two people with tatoos. Besides a city where alot of people do drugs, openly express themselves sexually and are alright with public nudity. You think tattoos would be a problem?

8 Likes

Re: Being Black In Berlin/germany by Braket: 8:12pm On Aug 10, 2020
Danielhouston:

I don’t use extensions. I just dread my natural hair and leave it to grow. You can go to work with dreads or braids or whatever hairstyle, nobody cares. Anybody who talks about your hair is discriminating against you. Except it is written in your contract. IT professionals even wear slippers to work. You can have red hair like chicken and earring falling from your tongue, nobody cares. As long as you can do your work.
Thanks. Let me wait till I can do my job well grin
Re: Being Black In Berlin/germany by descarado: 8:12pm On Aug 10, 2020
FunFact:

I can spot two people with tatoos. Besides a country where alot of people do drugs, openly express themselves sexually and are alright with public nudity. You think tattoos would be a problem?
Of course I don't think so but where I am, seems like everybody is covered with tattoos so I'm surprised it's not rampant there from the pictures.

2 Likes

Re: Being Black In Berlin/germany by Nobody: 8:19pm On Aug 10, 2020
descarado:

They even have tattoo on their vagina. There’s nothing you will not see in Berlin.

7 Likes

Re: Being Black In Berlin/germany by descarado: 8:36pm On Aug 10, 2020
Danielhouston:

They even have tattoo on their vagina. There’s nothing you will not see in Berlin.
shocked shocked

1 Like

Re: Being Black In Berlin/germany by jizzyjordan: 9:31pm On Aug 10, 2020
Danielhouston:
There is one they call “Speed”. This one is in form of white powder and looks like coke. It makes people energetic and active and some say it makes them horrny. Mostly creative people and people who work at night, take this. It can keep them awake for 3 days straight and they won’t feel tired. It also creates a sense of Paranoia and delusion.

When the drug starts to wear down, that’s when the madness begins. Sometimes they’d start shouting and being aggressive for no reason. Sometimes they get paranoid like everyone is trying to kill them and they become erratic. Some of them sleep it off, some have nervous breakdowns. It is very addictive and it makes people look older than their age, with sunken eyes.

There is LSD. This one creates a false sense of domination and self confidence. It makes people feel like they’re in control of the world and they can do anything. Some of them start saying nonsense and can’t control their anxiety. Some start laughing or crying uncontrollably. I’ve seen a few like that. This drug is very common in Berlin. People take it to party for a long time.
I swear bro LSD will f**k with your mind you'll literally be seeing things (hallucinating) more than 2 can also lead to madness
Re: Being Black In Berlin/germany by Bobby95(m): 11:57pm On Aug 10, 2020
E clear say berlin na vibe anyday anytime.
Re: Being Black In Berlin/germany by Elenurirun: 8:39am On Aug 11, 2020
Danielhouston:
You guys should also acknowledge Daejoyoung. He/she also lives in Germany and has been contributing greatly to this thread for a while now. You can direct some of your questions to him/her.

Elenurirun, hope you’re doing fine. Pls check in and tell us more about life in NRW.
Thank you I'm doing just fine...XD. I've been busy presently on train going to work. (Man must survive)

There is nothing much in NRW however it's the heart of Germany just like Lagos of Germany. It is also the most populous state here in Germany. Most German revenue comes from here (if I'm not mistaken). There are jobs everywhere even under your house especially if you speak Deutsch. I haven't really explore the state or Europe that much. Covid 19 spoil my show haha �. Hopefully next summer would be amazing. Plan visiting like 7+ different countries. I may as well need a travel buddy to join body (I'm a pm away).

Bis bald...

9 Likes 1 Share

Re: Being Black In Berlin/germany by Elenurirun: 8:49am On Aug 11, 2020
Danielhouston:

Sorry, I am not here to entertain you. I am writing about my experiences, not fiction. I know you cannot find my personal experiences on google, but you can google some things to have a general idea of what I write here. Even the story about foxes stealing shoes in Berlin, made the news and you can google that. Some Nigerians don’t like to research things.
I’m not the first to write about Berlin, neither am I the only one talking about the Berlin party, sex and drug culture. So go on and help yourself.

What I will not accept, is people seeing me as just a good writer who is entertaining them. These stories are personal to me and talking about them, is also healing for me. It takes courage to share them. I came here as a young man, with nobody to warn or guide me.
Some of these experiences caused me pain and I don’t want people to make the same mistakes. Peace.
thanks buddy. I've literally forgotten this thread but I must confess you're doing an amazing job. Especially taking your time to write all these. Thanks for sharing your first hand experience. We're learning

4 Likes

Re: Being Black In Berlin/germany by James4bright(m): 9:31am On Aug 11, 2020
Danielhouston:
Berlin in pictures. This is the famous Mauer park I’ve talked about. Not so much going on there this period because of Corona. I was there yesterday with some friends and captured the events.

I used to think Berlin had very very few blacks. But seeing few black folks in this picture actually got me excited.

I just hate the thought of being the only black person in the entire arena. Lol

1 Like

Re: Being Black In Berlin/germany by Nobody: 10:29am On Aug 11, 2020
Does the lecturers in their university teaches in German or English?
Re: Being Black In Berlin/germany by Daejoyoung: 11:34am On Aug 11, 2020
adewoyinrotimi:
Does the lecturers in their university teaches in German or English?
If your program is in German, then they teach in German, if it is in English then they teach in English.

2 Likes

Re: Being Black In Berlin/germany by Xeeex: 7:02pm On Aug 11, 2020
Elenurirun:

Thank you I'm doing just fine...XD. I've been busy presently on train going to work. (Man must survive)

There is nothing much in NRW however it's the heart of Germany just like Lagos of Germany. It is also the most populous state here in Germany. Most German revenue comes from here (if I'm not mistaken). There are jobs everywhere even under your house especially if you speak Deutsch. I haven't really explore the state or Europe that much. Covid 19 spoil my show haha �. Hopefully next summer would be amazing. Plan visiting like 7+ different countries. I may as well need a travel buddy to join body (I'm a pm away).

Bis bald...

You can narrate any little experiences that you have there na

Many of us hope to study there

That's if you feel like
Re: Being Black In Berlin/germany by Nobody: 8:01pm On Aug 11, 2020
Daejoyoung:

If your program is in German, then they teach in German, if it is in English then they teach in English.

Thanks
Re: Being Black In Berlin/germany by Xeeex: 9:44pm On Aug 11, 2020
emeka55:

I thought u said you don’t interact with Nigerians? But u are on the travel section jumping from thread to thread chasing after Nigerians who are abroad so they can tell u stories to fascinate about.

Ok

4 Likes

(1) (2) (3) ... (74) (75) (76) (77) (78) (79) (80) ... (95)

Tell Us About The City Where You Live / A Comprehensive List Of The Documents Required For Visas / More Pictures Of The New Lagos Buses

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 31
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.