Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,791 members, 7,820,778 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 09:26 PM

Being Black In Berlin/germany - Travel (75) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Being Black In Berlin/germany (159851 Views)

Nigerian Man Stranded & Acting Unwell In Berlin. Do You Know Him? / Nigerian Embassy Staff In Berlin Sleeping With Women For Passport Renewal Caught / Deji Yesufu: Coronavirus, Cancelled Flights In Berlin, Nigerian Saves Me (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (72) (73) (74) (75) (76) (77) (78) ... (95) (Go Down)

Re: Being Black In Berlin/germany by Nobody: 7:25pm On Aug 08, 2020
onyemaair:
It may be possible that he is forming the story, I have also suspected this but please don't derail the thread, we like it like that. At least he writes very well.

Sorry, I am not here to entertain you. I am writing about my experiences, not fiction. I know you cannot find my personal experiences on google, but you can google some things to have a general idea of what I write here. Even the story about foxes stealing shoes in Berlin, made the news and you can google that. Some Nigerians don’t like to research things.
I’m not the first to write about Berlin, neither am I the only one talking about the Berlin party, sex and drug culture. So go on and help yourself.

What I will not accept, is people seeing me as just a good writer who is entertaining them. These stories are personal to me and talking about them, is also healing for me. It takes courage to share them. I came here as a young man, with nobody to warn or guide me.
Some of these experiences caused me pain and I don’t want people to make the same mistakes. Peace.

65 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Being Black In Berlin/germany by Nobody: 7:34pm On Aug 08, 2020
Onclick:
OP, your thread is really educative and entertaining.

I want to ask about Christian community in Germany (Berlin in particular). Are there still Godly or morally upright youth one can hang out with in Berlin?

Yes there are many devoted Christians here. I used to be a church goer but I stopped. I couldn’t stand the hypocrisy. I also attended a black American church but I don’t know if that one is really a church or a club. You can live in Berlin and remain born again.

To answer your question, yes there are very Godly people here. Some Germans are also very devoted Christians. Berlin is a big city and there is something for everybody. You just have to choose your crowd. You don’t have to experience the wild life if you don’t want to. There are people living in Berlin who don’t even know what goes on behind the curtains. You can find your Christian friends in the church or communities.

18 Likes

Re: Being Black In Berlin/germany by Thayoreey: 7:37pm On Aug 08, 2020
God will continue to bless and strengthen you. Your type is very rare and I pray your helper will never be far from you

Danielhouston:

Sorry, I am not here to entertain you. I am writing about my experiences, not fiction. I know you cannot find my personal experiences on google, but you can google some things to have a general idea of what I write here. Even the story about foxes stealing shoes in Berlin, made the news and you can google that. Some Nigerians don’t like to research things.
I’m not the first to write about Berlin, neither am I the only one talking about the Berlin party, sex and drug culture. So go on and help yourself.

What I will not accept, is people seeing me as just a good writer who is entertaining them. These stories are personal to me and talking about them, is also healing for me. It takes courage to share them. I came here as a young man, with nobody to warn or guide me.
Some of these experiences cost me pain and I don’t want people to make the same mistakes. Peace.

2 Likes

Re: Being Black In Berlin/germany by Nobody: 7:40pm On Aug 08, 2020
Richdee1:
Danielhouston have you met emeka55
That Nigga is reading your stories with one eye!
I'm sure he is waiting for the right time to strike
Make una enter Munichlover thread and see wetin that man abi child has caused!!
E say e dey Germany, oya meet up with Munichlover, baba no gree..
Some people on this Faceless forum can act like clown sometimes tueh!!!

Seems like you’re inviting him or her.

7 Likes

Re: Being Black In Berlin/germany by Richdee1(m): 8:03pm On Aug 08, 2020
Danielhouston:

Seems like you’re inviting him or her.

Inviting him?
Lolzz.. Nah bro I'm not.. he mentioned your name on Munichlover thread, be like he is coming for you

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Being Black In Berlin/germany by Firefox01: 8:09pm On Aug 08, 2020
Richdee1:
On the contrary, emeka55 will not cause any havoc here. DanielHouston is miles apart from Munich Lover. If you didn't see anything wrong in the initial post that caused the ruckus, it's no use engaging you further. Just know that the fact that someone is abroad doesn't make them always right! The fact that they also get called out on some bullshits doesn't mean anybody is hating on them! This asslicking should stop!.

emeka55 called DanielHouston's name in reference to DanielHouston's list of the different types of Nigerians in Germany, nothing more.

13 Likes

Re: Being Black In Berlin/germany by Richdee1(m): 8:12pm On Aug 08, 2020
Firefox01:
On the contrary, emeka55 will not cause any havoc here. DanielHouston is miles apart from Munich Lover. If you didn't see anything wrong in the initial post that caused the ruckus, it's no use engaging you further. Just know that the fact that someone is abroad doesn't make them always right! The fact that they also get called out on some bullshits doesn't mean anybody is hating on them! This asslicking should stop!.

emeka55 called DanielHouston's name in reference to DanielHouston's list of the different types of Nigerians in Germany, nothing more.

Issorite we are waiting for your "others"
and please quit the long text, its of no use
Re: Being Black In Berlin/germany by Firefox01: 8:19pm On Aug 08, 2020
Richdee1:

Again, nothing will happen to this thread. DanielHouston and Munich Lover are miles apart. It's allowed to want to continue your German fantasy uninterrupted, just know that you can talk down on people because you're abroad and expect no resistance.

2 Likes

Re: Being Black In Berlin/germany by tundepraiz: 9:43pm On Aug 08, 2020
@DanielHouston i commend you for the time you put into this amazing thread. I can relate with some of the things you’ve opined thus far (made some terrible and avoidable mistakes). Please which of these states (Berlin or Hesse) would you advise someone who is studying in Bayern and intend to change university move to? In particular with regards to accommodation and part time jobs. Thanks.
Re: Being Black In Berlin/germany by orlahtohbadt(m): 12:17am On Aug 09, 2020
Richdee1:

You are the one inviting this talk. Just let it rest abeg. You shouldn't have brought that topic on this thread, it's more like you are calling someone to come and mess up and say "sebi, I talk am."

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: Being Black In Berlin/germany by emeka55: 2:52am On Aug 09, 2020
donjazet:
My brain is interpreting some of these stories as "made up", but fascinating nonetheless.

Have u been to Berlin? When u go to Berlin and see the kind of madness that is there u will wish somebody warned u. I live in Hamburg and I go to Berlin to visit and party because it’s 2 hours away. I’ve not been to the clubs the op mentioned but I’ve witnessed many things he talked about. People are eating shit and drinking piss in Berlin!!!! They call it scat and golden shower. I’ve seen it in Hamburg and Cologne too. Nothing u will not see in Berlin. Me I cannot raise kids in that city God forbid. Mad people and junkies everywhere. The same in Frankfurt. Why do u think Berlin is the party and sex capital of Europe?

20 Likes 1 Share

Re: Being Black In Berlin/germany by emeka55: 2:55am On Aug 09, 2020
Richdee1:

Na u dey fine trouble now. Why did u mention me in this thread?? You are trying to start drama after u will say somebody is derailing the thread. Go and lick Munichlover ass and leave me alone I take God beg u.

16 Likes

Re: Being Black In Berlin/germany by emeka55: 3:02am On Aug 09, 2020
Onclick:
OP, your thread is really educative and entertaining.

I want to ask about Christian community in Germany (Berlin in particular). Are there still Godly or morally upright youth one can hang out with in Berlin?

I attend Redeem church and there are lots of religious people here. Many of them are African students and some even play musical instruments and sing in the choir. We even have youth department and organize program and convention in other branches. Sometimes we invite pastors from London and USA. We dey even share handbill for our church program on the street. The oyibo u will see in African church are those married to black people. Some got married and gave birth in the church. Even our pastor wife is using bleaching cream

17 Likes

Re: Being Black In Berlin/germany by Dande55: 7:40am On Aug 09, 2020
emeka55:

I attend Redeem church and there are lots of religious people here. Many of them are African students and some even play musical instruments and sing in the choir. We even have youth department and organize program and convention in other branches. Sometimes we invite pastors from London and USA. We dey even share handbill for our church program on the street. The oyibo u will see in African church are those married to black people. Some got married and gave birth in the church. Even our pastor wife is using bleaching cream
Lol
Re: Being Black In Berlin/germany by James4bright(m): 9:01am On Aug 09, 2020
emeka55:

Bro, it would be great you share your experiences too. Daniel isn't against it. Lol
Re: Being Black In Berlin/germany by Richdee1(m): 10:28am On Aug 09, 2020
emeka55:

Na u dey fine trouble now. Why did u mention me in this thread?? You are trying to start drama after u will say somebody is derailing the thread. Go and lick Munichlover ass and leave me alone I take God beg u.
kk
happy Sunday
Re: Being Black In Berlin/germany by IamMe02: 11:37am On Aug 09, 2020
Happy Sunday to everyone.
Daniel, do you have any idea about how schmalkalden??
Please can you share your thoughts on that place if you do??
Re: Being Black In Berlin/germany by Ishilove: 12:14pm On Aug 09, 2020
Thastie:

This leaking ass again. Well I quote Ishi because I have known her for a long time on this forum. Ishilove is too intelligent for your type, you can never ever hold a candle to her.

How can I hate something that's hateful?

At the bolded, this hideous vile human thinks he's got an opinion on who stays or leave Nigeria.
Don't feed trolls. Just report to Justwise

2 Likes

Re: Being Black In Berlin/germany by Ishilove: 12:15pm On Aug 09, 2020
Justwise, vhuqnl is trolling as usual. A lifeban from this section should be in order.

2 Likes

Re: Being Black In Berlin/germany by Ishilove: 12:18pm On Aug 09, 2020
Danielhouston:
A viral photo from Berlin. This is just to give you an idea of the nude culture I talked about in Berlin. Last Wednesday a man was bathing at a lake when a pig ate his pizza and stole his laptop bag. A girl that was there, captured this funny moment on camera. Enjoy.
That not a pig. It's a wild boar
Re: Being Black In Berlin/germany by Ishilove: 12:21pm On Aug 09, 2020
emeka55:

Have u been to Berlin? When u go to Berlin and see the kind of madness that is there u will wish somebody warned u. I live in Hamburg and I go to Berlin to visit and party because it’s 2 hours away. I’ve not been to the clubs the op mentioned but I’ve witnessed many things he talked about. People are eating shit and drinking piss in Berlin!!!! They call it scat and golden shower. I’ve seen it in Hamburg and Cologne too. Nothing u will not see in Berlin. Me I cannot raise kids in that city God forbid. Mad people and junkies everywhere. The same in Frankfurt. Why do u think Berlin is the party and sex capital of Europe?
Sounds like a modern day Sodom. This is serious demonic possession.

1 Like

Re: Being Black In Berlin/germany by Firefox01: 12:23pm On Aug 09, 2020
Ishilove:

That not a pig. It's a wild boar
Hummm, he's still correct. A male pig is called a boar. A wild pig is also called a boar. Calling it a pig is still correct.

3 Likes

Re: Being Black In Berlin/germany by Ishilove: 12:25pm On Aug 09, 2020
Firefox01:
Hummm, he's still correct. A male pig is called a boar. A wild pig is also called a boar. Calling it a pig is still correct.
Okay. Thanks

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Being Black In Berlin/germany by oyekan1997(m): 12:28pm On Aug 09, 2020
emeka55:

Even our pastor wife is using bleaching cream

grin grin grin
Re: Being Black In Berlin/germany by Nobody: 12:40pm On Aug 09, 2020
tundepraiz:
@DanielHouston i commend you for the time you put into this amazing thread. I can relate with some of the things you’ve opined thus far (made some terrible and avoidable mistakes). Please which of these states (Berlin or Hesse) would you advise someone who is studying in Bayern and intend to change university move to? In particular with regards to accommodation and part time jobs. Thanks.

Hi, you’re welcome. I’d definitely say Berlin by all means. I have lived in both states. I lived in Frankfurt and Kassel and I spent some time in Wiesbaden during my operation. Those are the major cities in Hesse and the worst period of my life in Germany. Kassel is small and very boring and hard to find a job. Frankfurt is fun, international and you can get a job easily if you speak German. But the people in Frankfurt are rude, unfriendly and egoistic. Wiesbaden is big and nice but not much happening there.

Berlin is the best place to be if you want to enjoy Germany while studying, make friends, not feel lonely, and meet international people. Finding a flat is very hard but possible. Finding a student job is easy even without German. Unlike Hesse where your chances of easily finding a job is dependent on your German, you can work in Berlin with English.

The cost of accommodation is the same in Hesse and Berlin. Only Kassel could be cheaper. It is also not easy to find accommodation in Frankfurt but it’s easier than Berlin. Prices are the same.
So in summary, if you speak good German, you can settle for Hesse. If your German is bad, Berlin is the place for you.

19 Likes

Re: Being Black In Berlin/germany by Nobody: 12:45pm On Aug 09, 2020
IamMe02:
Happy Sunday to everyone.
Daniel, do you have any idea about how schmalkalden??
Please can you share your thoughts on that place if you do??

Never heard of it. Maybe someone else help you
Re: Being Black In Berlin/germany by Nobody: 1:02pm On Aug 09, 2020
Since I’ve been living in Germany, I have learned a lot about mental health and the impact it has on people. These are things we don’t talk about in Nigeria. We always believe we’re strong and we make fun of people who we think cannot handle pressure. Depression is very prevalent in Nigeria and I saw a lot of it when I visited.

A lot of Nigerians are dealing with depression and don’t know it. Some of our parents are dealing with trauma that they have transferred to their kids. They release that trauma on the kids, under the guise of home training. We don’t have the opportunity to get psychological help and therapy and we don’t talk about it enough. I hear stories of suicides in Nigeria and then I read the comment section and see Nigerians making fun of the person.

When you grow up with trauma and you don’t fix it, you live with it and transfer it to other people, whether online or in person. The environment is also tough enough to make people depressed. We have learned to laugh through it but the damage is still there. Our so called psychologists are not very well trained and religion has sabotaged the practice in Nigeria. Topics of sexuality gets reduced to personal religious beliefs.

Now I have learned a lot about mental health and I can recognize the trauma that shaped my life all these years. I have also taken time to heal myself and I’m still in the process. I did not know how damaged I was until I moved to Germany. It is okay not to be okay. Let us take mental health seriously and treat people with kindness. Also learn to listen.

30 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Being Black In Berlin/germany by Nobody: 1:16pm On Aug 09, 2020
I’ve told you guys how I was bullied and beaten, even by my parents. Now I have come to realize that a lot of the things they did to me, was a result of the trauma they had to lived with and never got fixed. It has also helped me to forgive them and a lot of other people.

I visited a Nigerian friend one day and he was cooking beans. When I got in and smelled the beans, I panicked. I got instant anxiety, which he noticed but I covered it up. I realized that I still had pain inside me that beans triggers. I have not eaten beans in over 15 years and I’ll never eat it again in my life. Here’s why.....

When I lived with my uncle and his wife in Nigeria, they maltreated me so much. Beans was the only thing I ate for months. His wife would go to the market and buy other foods but buy buckets of beans just for me and the house girl. The beans was cooked with only salt and palm oil. We didn’t even have to ask what we were going to eat. We already knew it was either beans or we starve.

There was a Ghanaian woman selling food on our street and we became friends. I’d help her wash her pots and plates and she gave me food in return. That was my only chance of tasting rice or anything else. Sometimes I’d hide some rice in nylon for the house girl to eat. My uncle’s wife noticed that we were not eating the beans and she reported to my uncle. He beat us like thieves.

I ate beans, morning, afternoon and night for months until I left that house. It made me hate beans and any time I smell beans, I remember the pain I went through and I panic. Imagine how someone’s wicked act has left me traumatized for years and even up till now, I am still dealing with it.

57 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Being Black In Berlin/germany by Xeeex: 1:26pm On Aug 09, 2020
Richdee1:

That frustrated individual of a person
Emeka44
Re: Being Black In Berlin/germany by Ishilove: 1:29pm On Aug 09, 2020
Danielhouston:
The next day I went around Rome. Too many tourists. The tourists were even more than the Italians. I just followed them to look around and take pictures. I saw the Ancient empires and buildings, with history. But that’s not what I want to talk about.

If you go to the tourist areas, you will see so many Nigerians. Many of them were selling tickets to tourists for them to see some special locations or go inside the church. Nigerians doing their usual corner business of selling illegal tickets and collecting bribe. Everywhere was so crowded and rowdy. It was like I was in Lagos, but with many white people. Street hawkers, road side market, noise, car horn, hot sun and dirt.

I walked around and came to a road side market with many Nigerians hawking and selling stuff. Some selling shoes, clothes, jewelries, children’s toys, jeans, just like they do in Yaba market. Everywhere looked like I was in Ikeja under bridge. You can see the suffering on their faces. You know how people look when they’ve been under the sun for hours, selling market? That was the image.

I went to a Burger King to eat and the toilet was so disgusting. I continued my tour and there was this beautiful place in the center, with steps and a beautiful water stone. A lot of people chilling, some laying down. It was so beautiful. Ladies in their colorful summer gowns and sun glasses. It was like a Hollywood movie in the summer.
These ones too will say they are abroad.

2 Likes

Re: Being Black In Berlin/germany by Nobody: 1:33pm On Aug 09, 2020
Like I said before, Berlin is a place where people come to find themselves and a lot of people who come to Berlin are damaged goods and they’re running from something. Mental health is a very important topic over here and people are starting to take it seriously. Loneliness is also a huge problem.

Some people use drugs as a coping mechanism. Some use sex, some get into abusive relationships, some use religion, some commit suicide, and some find a way to bury it inside until they explode. I have learned to be less judgmental and to listen more. You never really know what people are going through. Just because you don’t understand it, does not mean you should criticize it.

25 Likes

(1) (2) (3) ... (72) (73) (74) (75) (76) (77) (78) ... (95)

Tell Us About The City Where You Live / A Comprehensive List Of The Documents Required For Visas / More Pictures Of The New Lagos Buses

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 64
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.