Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,843 members, 7,810,254 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 02:50 AM

Being Black In Berlin/germany - Travel (88) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Being Black In Berlin/germany (159149 Views)

Nigerian Man Stranded & Acting Unwell In Berlin. Do You Know Him? / Nigerian Embassy Staff In Berlin Sleeping With Women For Passport Renewal Caught / Deji Yesufu: Coronavirus, Cancelled Flights In Berlin, Nigerian Saves Me (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (85) (86) (87) (88) (89) (90) (91) ... (95) (Go Down)

Re: Being Black In Berlin/germany by ugonology(m): 6:10pm On Aug 25, 2020
Afromentalist:

I swear some people just want kill me for here. The nigga hit Deutschland, e think say na him own the place now. E no know some of us were born for here grin local all mighty

Why hijack another man's ship if you can build your own. You sounded nice and intelligent in your previous posts but this qouted post of Yours is foul-smeling...curried with envy and spiced with jealousy and hate.
we know his stories are not perfect, neither is he, but we appreciate his sincerety and commitment.

We don't pretend to not see his subtle weaknesses, but we love him like that, he is only human, so are we too and we perfectly understand.

Please let him finish what he started in peace, and maybe start your own thread if you feel you are a better writer and social manager.

24 Likes 1 Share

Re: Being Black In Berlin/germany by Afromentalist: 6:21pm On Aug 25, 2020
Joohan:
Can you just take this out of here! I thought you said you were leaving the thread the other time, then why are you still here?

The energy oozing out of your posts are negative.
I would be out already, if you'd let me be and not feel the need to drag me to this here assylum. Would you mind? Thanks!

ugonology:
Why hijack another man's ship if you can build your own. You sounded nice and intelligent in your previous posts but this qouted post of Yours is foul-smeling...curried with envy and spiced with jealousy and hate.
The previous applies to you too! And note this: I am cool and collected, never look for problems. But if you attack me for no reasons, then I say NO problem! That nigga has serious insecurities, because I never came with a malicious intent. You can read my posts carefully and see who attacked first. now feel free to but.tlick if that be your preference.

3 Likes

Re: Being Black In Berlin/germany by Dadlakeside(m): 7:04pm On Aug 25, 2020
Danielhouston:

This is the problem with some of you. You come here pretending to be offering a different opinion but in reverse, you’re attacking my opinion. You were questioning why I talked about something on my thread, and saying it was not essential. Which means you were trying to control the narrative and tell me what not to talk about.
When I tell you I can talk about whatever I want, you see it as me attacking you, then you play the victim.

Why do you guys want to give me your opinions and expect me to just keep quiet and listen to you? Don’t I have the right to defend my opinion? Then you say I can’t tolerate a different opinion. Pls go away with all that. I’m still in vacation mood.

PS: I don’t need you to defend me and I don’t care if you like my thread. I’m writing because I want to. I don’t need the applause.

Bro I've been following this thread from day One. Reading it is the best thing that has happened to me this year. The way you were able to pour out these things will always be beyond my comprehension. God bless you �.

6 Likes

Re: Being Black In Berlin/germany by Nobody: 7:32pm On Aug 25, 2020
Afromentalist:

I would be out already, if you'd let me be and not feel the need to drag me to this here assylum. Would you mind? Thanks!

The previous applies to you too! And note this: I am cool and collected, never look for problems. But if you attack me for no reasons, then I say NO problem! That nigga has serious insecurities, because I never came with a malicious intent. You can read my posts carefully and see who attacked first. now feel free to but.tlick if that be your preference.

Yeah after reading your hate filled comments, it is clear what your intention was from the start. You exposed yourself. Anyway, good luck feeling the way you feel about me. You’re not the first to try it and you won’t be the last. Y’all can keep coming in numbers. I’ll still be here until I decide to leave.

18 Likes

Re: Being Black In Berlin/germany by Nobody: 7:33pm On Aug 25, 2020
Dadlakeside:

Bro I've been following this thread from day One. Reading it is the best thing that has happened to me this year. The way you were able to pour out these things will always be beyond my comprehension. God bless you �.

Thank you. I’m happy to be sharing with you guys. Thanks for the positivity.

18 Likes

Re: Being Black In Berlin/germany by Nobody: 7:36pm On Aug 25, 2020
Fatalveli:
I got admission in both Uni Potsdam and Uni Bremen for winter 2020/2021.

Please where do you advice I go in terms of job opportunities while studying and active student life, racism, more blacks etc.

Bremen.

3 Likes

Re: Being Black In Berlin/germany by Nobody: 7:40pm On Aug 25, 2020
Palehair:

grin cheesy.... Lol, sorry about your experience but everybody including those in Nigeria knows Mykonos is the gay capital of the world while Atlanta is the black gay capital of the world

Yeah I saw that too. It is the “go to” location for gay guys when they want to vacation. The parties are awesome as well smiley

3 Likes

Re: Being Black In Berlin/germany by Fatalveli(m): 7:52pm On Aug 25, 2020
Danielhouston:

Bremen.
Why if I may ask?
Re: Being Black In Berlin/germany by Acuna91: 7:57pm On Aug 25, 2020
Fatalveli:
Why if I may ask?
Hiaaaa
Nawa for you bros

1 Like

Re: Being Black In Berlin/germany by ugonology(m): 8:02pm On Aug 25, 2020
Afromentalist:

The previous applies to you too! [/b]And note this: I am cool and collected, never look for [b]problems
. But if you attack me for no reasons, then I say NO problem! That nigga has serious insecurities, because I never came with a malicious intent. You can read my posts carefully and see who attacked first. now feel free to but.tlick if that be your preference.

I wish you could taste the bile in your words bro, but no you cant... Go on and derail another man's hardwork, I pray it solves your erection problems and finally increase the size of your dick undecided

5 Likes

Re: Being Black In Berlin/germany by Nobody: 8:03pm On Aug 25, 2020
Acuna91:
Hiaaaa Nawa for you bros
no reason am bro. . some people just day naturally annoying grin
Re: Being Black In Berlin/germany by Afromentalist: 8:35pm On Aug 25, 2020
ugonology:
I wish you could taste the bile in your words bro, but no you cant... Go on and derail another man's hardwork, I pray it solves your erection problems and finally increase the size of your dick undecided
Thank you for your kind words. Now please allow me be done with y’all.

Cheers
Re: Being Black In Berlin/germany by Odingo1: 8:51pm On Aug 25, 2020
Fatalveli:
Why if I may ask?
Bremen is located in the north-west, that mean more opportunities while Potsdam is in the eastern part. Mind you Bremen is the poorest state in Germany, no much things but manageable.Be ready to carry loads and offload containers to survive. grin grin grin

1 Like

Re: Being Black In Berlin/germany by Fatalveli(m): 8:54pm On Aug 25, 2020
Danny6552:

no reason am bro. . some people just day naturally annoying grin
The OP is not complaining, you’re complaining in his behalf.

How does asking question translate to annoyance?

I understand that derailers are intent in disrupting this thread, but be rest assured I’m not one.

Merely seeking a detailed opinion. You can also explain better if you know though, would appreciate.
Re: Being Black In Berlin/germany by Fatalveli(m): 8:57pm On Aug 25, 2020
Odingo1:

Bremen is located in the north-west, that mean more opportunities while Potsdam is in the eastern part. Mind you Bremen is the poorest state in Germany, no much things but manageable.Be ready to carry loads and offload containers to survive. grin grin grin
Thanks for your response.

I understand Potsdam is only an hour away from Berlin, so there should be a handful of available jobs, black people and several English speakers in Berlin.

I don’t have much information about Bremen tho, hence I can’t really decide.
Re: Being Black In Berlin/germany by Nobody: 9:08pm On Aug 25, 2020
Afromentalist:

Thank you for your kind words. Now please allow me be done with y’all.

Cheers

I see you removed the picture of Hitler that you used to describe me. If this wasn’t Nairaland, I would have followed you up with the police. Some of you really think you can hide behind a keyboard to be as hateful as you want.

12 Likes

Re: Being Black In Berlin/germany by Odingo1: 9:10pm On Aug 25, 2020
Fatalveli:

I understand Potsdam is only an hour away from Berlin, so there should be a handful of available jobs, black people and several English speakers in Berlin.

Ok yes in terms of that Berlin is better although I live in Bremen. Berlin have more Professional Jobs in English, Bremen is just a local German state.

1 Like

Re: Being Black In Berlin/germany by Fatalveli(m): 9:18pm On Aug 25, 2020
Odingo1:

Ok yes in terms of that Berlin is better although I live in Bremen. Berlin have more Professional Jobs in English, Bremen is just a local German state.
Thanks for your insight. cool

Cheers
Re: Being Black In Berlin/germany by Nobody: 9:22pm On Aug 25, 2020
Fatalveli:

Someone already answered your question and I agree with him. Bremen is a student city and you can make friends easily with other internationals. It is not rich but you can find a job. The kind of job you’ll do depends on your knowledge of German language. Like Odingo1 said, you go carry load. Me sef carry load when I enter Germany. Even if you live in Berlin, you go still carry load for warehouse.

I already talked about Berlin and I cannot repeat what I said already. But yeah you can study in Potsdam and live in Berlin but it doesn’t make sense, if you have an early lecture or having to travel that far everyday. Mind you, Potsdam to Berlin is about one hour but getting to the train station could also be about 40 minutes.

About student jobs in Berlin, I don’t think it is any different from Bremen. You’d probably end up working in a kitchen or a bar. In the best case, you can work in a hotel as a cleaner. If you speak German, your chances are better. If you want to make more money, you have to work in a factory (lager) and for that, you don’t need to speak good German. You just need to be strong like firewood.
Know that there many people in Berlin who are not even students, but would grab that student job from you.

10 Likes

Re: Being Black In Berlin/germany by Fatalveli(m): 10:39pm On Aug 25, 2020
Danielhouston:

Someone already answered your question and I agree with him. Bremen is a student city and you can make friends easily with other internationals. It is not rich but you can find a job. The kind of job you’ll do depends on your knowledge of German language. Like Odingo1 said, you go carry load. Me sef carry load when I enter Germany. Even if you live in Berlin, you go still carry load for warehouse.

I already talked about Berlin and I cannot repeat what I said already. But yeah you can study in Potsdam and live in Berlin but it doesn’t make sense, if you have an early lecture or having to travel that far everyday. Mind you, Potsdam to Berlin is about one hour but getting to the train station could also be about 40 minutes.

About student jobs in Berlin, I don’t think it is any different from Bremen. You’d probably end up working in a kitchen or a bar. In the best case, you can work in a hotel as a cleaner. If you speak German, your chances are better. If you want to make more money, you have to work in a factory (lager) and for that, you don’t need to speak good German. You just need to be strong like firewood.
Know that there many people in Berlin who are not even students, but would grab that student job from you.
Thanks for your input
Re: Being Black In Berlin/germany by Nobody: 12:18am On Aug 26, 2020
This is a hard one but I think I’ll be staying away from this forum. The toxicity and hate is incomprehensible. I cannot believe that someone referred to me as Hitler. He posted a picture of Hitler with the Nazi salute and referred to me as Hitler. I can swallow an insult and I don’t care for anything else people say about me, but Hitler?
Even my friends read it and were so disgusted.

The fact that people liked that comment, makes it even more troubling. You guys have gone too far with the hate. What did I do to deserve so much hate? I only came here to share my experience of life in Germany and I always acknowledged everyone that contributed to the thread. I am not gaining anything from this. I have a peaceful life and I don’t have to deal with this.

If people understand what it means to refer to a living person as Hitler. As a black man who lives in Germany and still suffers the impact of Hitler’s legacy, this is beyond disgusting. It is a serious crime and one of the most gruesome things you can reduce someone to. Read up on Hitler’s legacy and imagine how someone would show up here and refer to me as Hitler with a Nazi salute?

I was away on vacation and came back with joy, only to log into this forum again and experience such hate. I cannot ignore this. I refuse to get used to the toxicity. I cannot change it but I can choose not to be part of it. I will stay away from this forum from today. I will only come here when I have pictures to post, then I post the pictures and log out until the year ends.

37 Likes 1 Share

Re: Being Black In Berlin/germany by Finiks: 12:34am On Aug 26, 2020
flyingpig:
I appreciate the fact you guys seek info and knowledge but you all seemed to be obessessed with that danielhouston.

On another hand he did a wonderful job but on the other hand what he is doing is encouraging Nigerians and future who could have made a positive change for their motherland leave the country.

You spoke about his command of English i have uncles who went to the US in the 1970s but can still speak Ibo till now.

My sis that has stayed there over 10years speaks Ibo and English fluently so whats the hype he can write English well.

He said there is no black Doc in Germany,my uncle who also left Naija in the 70s,married whites twice is a renowned Surgeon in Germany so know he doesnt know all and he should accept that.

Hope you see the angle am coming from,have in mind his thread was educative and entertaining but everyone is entitled to his or her opinion rightly or wrongly.

Thanks.

Pls note, he never said there were no black doctors. He said he had not seen.

I believe there's a difference between both sentences. Learn to digest words well to avoid unnecessary criticism.
Re: Being Black In Berlin/germany by Odingo1: 12:45am On Aug 26, 2020
Danielhouston:
This is a hard one but I think I’ll be staying away from this forum. The toxicity and hate is incomprehensible. I cannot believe that someone referred to me as Hitler. He posted a picture of Hitler with the Nazi salute and referred to me as Hitler. I can swallow an insult and I don’t care for anything else people say about me, but Hitler?
Even my friends read it and were so disgusted.

The fact that people liked that comment, makes it even more troubling. You guys have gone too far with the hate. What did I do to deserve so much hate? I only came here to share my experience of life in Germany and I always acknowledged everyone that contributed to the thread. I am not gaining anything from this. I have a peaceful life and I don’t have to deal with this.

If people understand what it means to refer to a living person as Hitler. As a black man who lives in Germany and still suffers the impact of Hitler’s legacy, this is beyond disgusting. It is a serious crime and one of the most gruesome things you can reduce someone to. Read up on Hitler’s legacy and imagine how someone would show up here and refer to me as Hitler with a Nazi salute?

I was away on vacation and came back with joy, only to log into this forum again and experience such hate. I cannot ignore this. I refuse to get used to the toxicity. I cannot change it but I can choose not to be part of it. I will stay away from this forum from today. I will only come here when I have pictures to post, then I post the pictures and log out until the year ends.
My guy calm down, this is a public forum and in this Kind of Place some people drive joy in running people down. If you leave the forum because of some people, you might not have a strong will to handle a leadership position tomorrow. Take this as part of training, what of if you are a leader and be facing all manner jabs then you will resign immediately. Hate will always be there.

20 Likes

Re: Being Black In Berlin/germany by Odingo1: 12:52am On Aug 26, 2020
Finiks:

Pls note, he never said there were no black doctors. He said he had not seen.

I believe there's a difference between both sentences. Learn to digest words well to avoid unnecessary criticism.
I have live in Germany for 5 years. Traverse nook and cranny of Germany. Have not seen a black doctor in Germany or black lecturer. Others might have seen but the truth is that they are very few.

5 Likes

Re: Being Black In Berlin/germany by IchBinBrait(m): 12:59am On Aug 26, 2020
Danielhouston:

I swear that mentalist guy came to look for trouble. He is problematic. So sorry that you feel this way Daniel. At this point I guess your mind is made up already, can't convince you to stay or not to. The toxic souls have murdered the fun and defeated the purpose of the thread.

@Afromentalist you went too far. Everyone (including those outside Germany) knows the bad legacy Hitler left behind, yet you used his salute to represent someone (a resident in Germany for that matter) knowing fully well it is a crime to do such in DE. And you claim to be born in DE. You went extreme bro..... I thought you were learned, I never expected such from you. You are shameless!!

19 Likes

Re: Being Black In Berlin/germany by tomiwaaa(m): 1:05am On Aug 26, 2020

7 Likes

(1) (2) (3) ... (85) (86) (87) (88) (89) (90) (91) ... (95)

Tell Us About The City Where You Live / A Comprehensive List Of The Documents Required For Visas / More Pictures Of The New Lagos Buses

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 60
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.