Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,788 members, 7,817,262 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 09:01 AM

Being Black In Berlin/germany - Travel (91) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Being Black In Berlin/germany (159608 Views)

Nigerian Man Stranded & Acting Unwell In Berlin. Do You Know Him? / Nigerian Embassy Staff In Berlin Sleeping With Women For Passport Renewal Caught / Deji Yesufu: Coronavirus, Cancelled Flights In Berlin, Nigerian Saves Me (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (88) (89) (90) (91) (92) (93) (94) (Go Down)

Re: Being Black In Berlin/germany by Cityboyy: 5:52pm On Aug 27, 2020
justwise:
[/b]

Absolutely nothing wrong with the forum that needs fixing, all public forum and social medias are the same, all we can do is moderate it and not allow one person to detect the dos and don'ts.

You might as well close the thread now that he’s gone. We don’t have to keep dragging it.
Re: Being Black In Berlin/germany by Bobby95(m): 5:56pm On Aug 27, 2020
justwise:

His farewell is not needed, i'm very disappointed with his behavior and next time someone opens a thread in this section i will moderate it differently and by that i mean not giving the op preferential treatment .

I have never moderated a thread so strictly since i become a mod about 8yrs ago. I banned a very single person derailing this thread, i hid so many posts even when Danielhouston replied rudely.

I locked this thread when the heat is too much and reopened it when he was ready to continue, i have never done this before.

He threatened to leave if i don't ban those attacking him and i did that, after few days he came back with the same bitterness rather than continuing his thread then he deactivated his account.

So my question to many of you is..what a hell do you people want me to do for King Danielhouston?

Are you people honestly suggesting that nobody has the right to disagree with him?

More than 99% of people here support him and openly compliment his work here but still he got worked up by just one percent of people who did not share his opinion, even when i ban those people and remove their posts still its not enough.

If you are intolerant to alternative view then public forum is not for you.

This is not the first time threads are being abandoned in travel section. Whenever some folks uses their hands to type something it to attack someone, they neva make any contributions. Example is that bittertruth of a fellow. Travel section needs proper re-orientation, there will be a time nobody will like to share their experience then the purpose of travel section on nairaland will be defeated. Seun travel section needs more mods to sensitize dis place.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Being Black In Berlin/germany by justwise(m): 6:04pm On Aug 27, 2020
Cityboyy:

You might as well close the thread now that he’s gone. We don’t have to keep dragging it.

I removed this thread immediately i noticed that he deactivated his account and one of you complained to super mod and the thread was restored.
Re: Being Black In Berlin/germany by justwise(m): 6:11pm On Aug 27, 2020
Bobby95:
This is not the first time threads are being abandoned in travel section. Whenever some folks uses their hands to type something it to attack someone, they neva make any contributions. Example is that bittertruth of a fellow. Travel section needs proper re-orientation, there will be a time nobody will like to share their experience then the purpose of travel section on nairaland will be defeated. Seun travel section needs more mods to sensitize dis place.

Direct those folks to diary section or ask me to move their thread to diary section where nobody will argue or disagree with them.

If you are a king or Kim Jong-un then public forum is not for you, Trump did not leave Twitter even as Twitter moderate his falsehoods

People will always disagree with you in public forum, debating those people makes thread interesting and people learn from the exchange.

8 Likes

Re: Being Black In Berlin/germany by DMPaulSr: 6:20pm On Aug 27, 2020
Damn, It's been a good ride. Time to unfollow this thread. Una weldone
Re: Being Black In Berlin/germany by justwise(m): 6:23pm On Aug 27, 2020
Cityboyy:
Ok Justwise now you hid my comment because I did not agree with you. Even though I did not say anything rude. What is the difference between you and Daniel at this stage? You hide comments that challenge your opinion and even ban people who disagree with you. What happened to allowing different opinions?

Cityboyy:

There was no point removing the thread. The information here is still very useful to many people. Seems like you are also acting out of impulse. As a moderator you should not give your personal opinions on threads. At least not with your moderator account. You have some power and your opinion can influence people into action. You should remain neutral at all times even when you don’t agree with what is being posted. I know you may hide my comment but I had to say it.

That is exactly why i hid your post because that comment right there is false.

If can't post without making false allegation then don't both quoting me to ask a question.
Re: Being Black In Berlin/germany by BlueBanana: 6:28pm On Aug 27, 2020
justwise:

[/b]

That is exactly why i hid your post because that comment right there is false.

If can't post without making false allegation then don't both quoting me to ask a question.
You literally just proved the guy right
grin grin grin grin

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: Being Black In Berlin/germany by Bobby95(m): 6:34pm On Aug 27, 2020
BlueBanana:

grin grin grin grin
Exactly

1 Like

Re: Being Black In Berlin/germany by justwise(m): 6:39pm On Aug 27, 2020
BlueBanana:

grin grin grin grin

I did not hid his post for disagreeing with me, i did that for his false allegation even when i have being replying him then suddenly he came up with that
Re: Being Black In Berlin/germany by justwise(m): 6:40pm On Aug 27, 2020
BlueBanana:

Thank you DanielHouston. We the ghost readers really enjoyed your thread.
As for the derailers and the ITKs, I hope they can now continue where the op stopped. Ndi ara

You are part of the problem.
Re: Being Black In Berlin/germany by Cityboyy: 6:42pm On Aug 27, 2020
justwise:

I did not hid his post for disagreeing with me, i did that for his false allegation even when i have being replying him then suddenly he came up with that

I said you “may” hide my comment. I did not say you will. That was just a guess and you actually did it. But it’s fine, I don’t have the energy. All of us can rest now.
Re: Being Black In Berlin/germany by willy2000(m): 6:48pm On Aug 27, 2020
justwise:

Always resist the urge to shalaye grin grin grin

2 Likes

Re: Being Black In Berlin/germany by Cityboyy: 6:55pm On Aug 27, 2020
Anybody else see what his final farewell message was? Justwise can you restore the OP’s final message so we can see what he wrote? At least give people a chance to decide what is acceptable or not. You removed his final comment and took down the thread before a Super mod restored it back. Isn’t that an authoritative decision?

1 Like

Re: Being Black In Berlin/germany by willy2000(m): 6:57pm On Aug 27, 2020
Cityboyy:
Anybody else see what his final farewell message was? Justwise can you restore the OP’s final message so we can see what he wrote? At least give people a chance to decide what is acceptable or not. You removed his final comment and took down the thread before a Super mod restored it back. Isn’t that an authoritative decision?
And what do you stand to gain by reading his farewell message?
More data to buttress your point on how toxic Nairaland is?
Re: Being Black In Berlin/germany by Cityboyy: 6:59pm On Aug 27, 2020
willy2000:

And what do you stand to gain by reading his farewell message?
More data to buttress your point on how toxic Nairaland is?

That is none of your business. Let those of us that want to read it get a chance to read it. You can simply ignore it.

3 Likes

Re: Being Black In Berlin/germany by willy2000(m): 7:05pm On Aug 27, 2020
See as mouth dey sharp u, na cry u go cry las las If justwise no respond, or go report to super-mod make dem unblock the post..Mstchew
Re: Being Black In Berlin/germany by LogTM: 7:14pm On Aug 27, 2020
Munichlover and Danielhouston did a great job on this forum. My interactions with them on their thread gave me so much confidence boost and so much hope that I literally feel empty now that they are gone.

I hope to meet them one day to thank them personally for taking the time to create such content that did not only entertain but enrich the soul.

They were literally a blessing to me during this lockdown. God bless you guys wherever you are. Amen.

9 Likes

Re: Being Black In Berlin/germany by Gerrard59(m): 7:15pm On Aug 27, 2020
justwise:

His farewell is not needed, i'm very disappointed with his behavior and next time someone opens a thread in this section i will moderate it differently and by that i mean not giving the op preferential treatment .

He threatened to leave if i don't ban those attacking him and i did that, after few days he came back with the same bitterness rather than continuing his thread then he deactivated his account.

So my question to many of you is..what a hell do you people want me to do for King Danielhouston?

Are you people honestly suggesting that nobody has the right to disagree with him?

Gerrard59:
There seems to be this belief that OP's tales cannot be critiqued or objected whereas this isn't the diary section where only the poster is allowed to post. The reality is: not everyone will agree with what OP writes no matter how coherent he writes. People will always have divergent opinions especially if they believe their experiences need to be aired to counter what they read. As long as these opinions are logical, coherent and free of insults, there's no point hiding posts or banning moniker because they disagreed with the OP. If OP doesn't want divergent opinions on a free-to-comment thread, it's best the thread gets moved to a section where only his posts will be allowed.

Funny enough, people who believe OP's posts should be the alpha and omega (note: on a free-to-comment thread) are those who claim to promote free speech, liberal opinions and diversity. However, in reality just like we've witnessed, they practice what they don't preach while preaching what they don't practice.

You can dislike Justwise for whatever reason but he's right when he agrees that people have the right to disagree with OP. Initially, he called someone an "ignorant African" because the person slightly disagreed with him regarding racism in Germany even though the person resides there. The belief that everyone will agree with you on a free-to-comment thread doesn't exist. As much as he produced great content, I never liked his attitude towards people who disagreed with him in a logical and coherent approach. Those who insulted or mocked him using Hitler-like posts should be condemned but the belief that only his comments should be revered doesn't hold. At best, move to the diary section.

Unless you are one of those people who believe in free speech, diversity and liberty yet against views different from yours.

21 Likes

Re: Being Black In Berlin/germany by Acuna91: 7:45pm On Aug 27, 2020
justwise:

I have never moderated a thread so strictly since i become a mod about 8yrs ago. I banned a very single person derailing this thread, i hid so many posts even when Danielhouston replied rudely.

I locked this thread when the heat is too much and reopened it when he was ready to continue, i have never done this before.

More than 99% of people here support him and openly compliment his work here but still he got worked up by just one percent of people who did not share his opinion, even when i ban those people and remove their posts still its not enough.

You are right.
I think public forum is not for him

12 Likes

Re: Being Black In Berlin/germany by lekkan(m): 9:37pm On Aug 27, 2020
Public forum for him or not, NAIRALAND is damn Toxic!! A lot of things need to be done to correct this!!

As regard the OP deactivating his account, it's his choice and I don't see why someone will pick a faceless platform over their mental health!

To Justwise, your emotion got the best of you! You were not blind nor dead when the argument started. If you were really protecting his interest like you claim, you should have done the right thing!

Lesson to all:

Nobody wants to see you rise, when you do they won't even like it. Keep your head straight and stay focused!

15 Likes

Re: Being Black In Berlin/germany by justwise(m): 9:50pm On Aug 27, 2020
lekkan:
Public forum for him or not, NAIRALAND is damn Toxic!! A lot of things need to be done to correct this!!

As regard the OP deactivating his account, it's his choice and I don't see why someone will pick a faceless platform over their mental health!

To Justwise, your emotion got the best of you! You were not blind nor dead when the argument started. If you were really protecting his interest like you claim, you should have done the right thing!

Lesson to all:

Nobody wants to see you rise, when you do they won't even like it. Keep your head straight and stay focused!

Neither were you blind or dead when i banned those derailing this thread earlier on, you are definitely not blind to read where i asked him to take a break while i lock the thread and when he was ready to continue and sent me a message i unlocked the thread for him to continue.

Why must him be treated like an endangered species? Every single person here has the right to post in a public forum.

As long as they are not insulting him or derailing then i see no reason to ban somebody purely because somebody will likely get angry to read alternative view.

21 Likes

Re: Being Black In Berlin/germany by Cityboyy: 10:02pm On Aug 27, 2020
lekkan:

Lesson to all:

Say it again brother say it louder for those at the back!!! People are angry that he deactivated his account. Who in their right mind wants to be humiliated on Nairaland (a faceless forum) when they can be enjoying a beautiful life abroad with real people? It’s not even like there’s a payment for opening a thread. God help me travel out, I will stay away from Nigerians.

1 Like

Re: Being Black In Berlin/germany by Cityboyy: 10:03pm On Aug 27, 2020
justwise:

Neither were you blind or dead when i banned those derailing this thread earlier on, you are definitely not blind to read where i asked him to take a break while i lock the thread and when he was ready to continue and sent me a message i unlocked the thread for him to continue.

Why must him be treated like an endangered species? Every single person here has the right to post in a public forum.

As long as they are not insulting him or derailing then i see no reason to ban somebody purely because somebody will likely get angry to read alternative view.

I don’t want to laugh but this was funny grin
Re: Being Black In Berlin/germany by godforus(m): 11:48pm On Aug 27, 2020
justwise:

Dude to be very honest, someone else needs to ban you too because you are too authoritative and hide comments that disagree with your opinion or belief. You are no different from Danielhouston who you claim does not tolerate divergent opinions NICELY. Chill abeg.

11 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Being Black In Berlin/germany by Cityboyy: 12:00am On Aug 28, 2020
godforus:
Dude to be very honest, someone else needs to ban you too because you are too authoritative and hide comments that disagree with your opinion or belief. You are no different from Danielhouston who you claim does not tolerate divergent opinions NICELY. Chill abeg.

Absolutely agree. People are afraid to speak up about this because they don’t want to be banned. Look at the choice of words Justwise has used so far as a moderator. He gets a pass because he holds the power to hide and ban. It is unfair.

4 Likes

Re: Being Black In Berlin/germany by Youonlyliveonce: 12:13am On Aug 28, 2020
Lol you guys should cut Justwise some slack, like a lot of people said Nairaland/Travel section is Toxic and you guys only came to that conclusion by engaging on a few threads then consider the toll/effect it might be having on Justwise himself having to read through all and moderate. Yes it's his job but damn he is human.

I hope he sees a therapist once in a while.

2 Likes

Re: Being Black In Berlin/germany by heniford2: 5:59am On Aug 28, 2020
justwise:

to hell with him that's Nigeria for us he feels his on top of the world everybody pleaded with him here but his always looking at the bad side of comment haba!! make him go fry fish alone come chop alone nonsense

4 Likes

Re: Being Black In Berlin/germany by heniford2: 6:09am On Aug 28, 2020
justwise:
[/b]

Absolutely nothing wrong with the forum that needs fixing, all public forum and social medias are the same, all we can do is moderate it and not allow one person to detect the dos and don'ts.

you tried jor i even reported you some time ago but looking at how you handle here you did your best looks like denial head has over zoomed up but one thing i know is Nigerians will be nigeria take it up or bring it down and when a light is being off another springs up

1 Like

Re: Being Black In Berlin/germany by asamwababy: 6:49am On Aug 28, 2020
OP did well but was not just totally ready to share his story.

Private life
Your girlfriend/Spouse will never agree with your opinions 100%
Same with parents,siblings,uncles and aunts,children, in laws etc

Public life
Your teachers/Lecturers will never agree with your thoughts and opinion 100%
Same with employers and employees
Domestic staff,friends etc

And you now get worked up on a public forum like nairaland because people disagreed with you.

8 Likes

(1) (2) (3) ... (88) (89) (90) (91) (92) (93) (94)

Tell Us About The City Where You Live / A Comprehensive List Of The Documents Required For Visas / More Pictures Of The New Lagos Buses

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 66
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.