Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,868 members, 7,813,958 topics. Date: Tuesday, 30 April 2024 at 10:46 PM

Professor Isa Hashim Is Dead - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Professor Isa Hashim Is Dead (58013 Views)

Fantami Changed His Facebook Name To Professor Isa Ali Fantami / Give Best Caption To This Olawepo Hashim's Image and Win / Olawepo-hashim: I Was A Lonely Child Who Cheated Death 4 Times While Growing Up (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Professor Isa Hashim Is Dead by Citizenshelm: 4:29pm On May 03, 2020

Less than 24 hours after the death of Tafida Abubakar, the emir of Rano in Kano State, another elder statesman and community leader has passed on.

Isa Hashim, a retired professor who held the title of Jarman Kano in the Kano emirate council, died on Sunday morning, according to a family member.

The 86-year-old died at his home, following a short illness, his daughter, Dija Hashim, told PREMIUM TIMES.

Details of his ailment were not immediately available but a family member said Mr Hashim’s health deteriorated following the deaths of some of his childhood friends in quick succession.

Mr Hashim was a retired professor of political science, administrator and author.

He enrolled into the then Kano Native Authority in 1948 as a first school leaver and rose to the position of a permanent secretary before he retired in 1979.

Upon his retirement, he joined Bayero University Kano (BUK) where he taught for many years.

Suspicious deaths continue

Mr Hashim’s death is the latest among increasing deaths of the elderly in Kano.

At least two independent studies conducted in the last two weeks established a surge in number of deaths in the densely populated metropolis.

In a BBC Hausa interview Friday evening, Nasir Gwarzo, who led a federal government medical intervention team to Kano, said his team suspects strong link between the increased deaths and coronavirus.

He said the pandemic has passed its two initial stages of transmission in the city and gone into the “scary stage of community transmission”.

https://www.premiumtimesng.com/regional/nwest/391127-kano-elder-isa-hashim-dies-at-86.html

3 Likes

Re: Professor Isa Hashim Is Dead by ObaOfUyo: 6:21pm On May 03, 2020
Okay let's slow down one minute.
Which of the gods did Kano state offend?!?!

133 Likes 6 Shares

Re: Professor Isa Hashim Is Dead by willyo(m): 6:26pm On May 03, 2020
He's ripe for death

32 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Professor Isa Hashim Is Dead by Nobody: 6:30pm On May 03, 2020
movement should be restricted from the North to the South.
we can't pay the price when it is the north that refused to do things properly

290 Likes 14 Shares

Re: Professor Isa Hashim Is Dead by complexBoss12: 6:33pm On May 03, 2020
pls o hw do u get to ncdc abeg

my neighbour has been coughing seriously since dis morning, he is a SARS guy, they go out and come in everyday, we ar both in Kano (he jst coughed again). as for me I don lock my door, nothing comes in or leaves till further notice

53 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Professor Isa Hashim Is Dead by Benevento(m): 6:52pm On May 03, 2020
ObaOfUyo:
Okay let's slow down one minute.
Which of the gods did Kano state offend?!?!
This man is 86 for goodness sake.

This is not about Kano alone, the whole world is mourning.

The great United States is not left out.

60 Likes 5 Shares

Re: Professor Isa Hashim Is Dead by NwaNimo1(m): 7:14pm On May 03, 2020

11 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Professor Isa Hashim Is Dead by bid4rich(m): 7:16pm On May 03, 2020
No regret about this. He lived his life to the fullest. It's not easy to live up to 86.

His family should be thanking God for his life because with or without corona issue, he will still die today.

33 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Professor Isa Hashim Is Dead by oluwadabira111(m): 7:18pm On May 03, 2020
86 life well spent

9 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Professor Isa Hashim Is Dead by hakeem4(m): 7:43pm On May 03, 2020
He lived above the life expectancy age which is 53.95 years, so he tried grin i believe the government in kano should not allow their religion be-cloud their sense of reasoning and allow them perform autopsy before the cadaver is buried immediately.

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: Professor Isa Hashim Is Dead by Yenefer(f): 7:43pm On May 03, 2020
So what? People die all the time. Your hatred for the North will going to consume you. Shegu en kwaya en iska

11 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Professor Isa Hashim Is Dead by heykims(m): 7:44pm On May 03, 2020
I'm sure much of these deaths have always been happening but the Corona virus factor is now making them make headlines.
Turnover rate of human lives seem to be quite high in Kano.

1 Like

Re: Professor Isa Hashim Is Dead by princeogbeide1(m): 7:44pm On May 03, 2020
When kano were winning election with underaged votes, they where jumping around. They think it will end there. Nothing goes for nothing. Nigeria is making no progress because the northerners are monopolizing Nigeria. When we don't have good leaders what do you expect?

13 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Professor Isa Hashim Is Dead by mygreenday(m): 7:44pm On May 03, 2020
Yes he was above 80 & has enjoyed life but if it is related to Covid_19 then there is double wahala for dead body as the family is at risk.

odikwa risky

13 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Professor Isa Hashim Is Dead by Emu4life(m): 7:44pm On May 03, 2020
So person no fit die for Kano again ni
Someone died at 86 yet some people who are not even assured of 50 are saying trash. Abeg make we here word joor

9 Likes

Re: Professor Isa Hashim Is Dead by sanemind2(m): 7:44pm On May 03, 2020
The northerners are no longer safe

Meanwhile

You can get your hard drive filled with movies if you reside in Ph.check signature

2 Likes

Re: Professor Isa Hashim Is Dead by Crownedjon: 7:44pm On May 03, 2020
Well, it is what it is cool

Can covid 19 make this any faster please
Re: Professor Isa Hashim Is Dead by sdindan: 7:44pm On May 03, 2020
grin
There's rapture in the north grin

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Professor Isa Hashim Is Dead by younghartz(m): 7:44pm On May 03, 2020
Kano no be election o
Btw rip

3 Likes

Re: Professor Isa Hashim Is Dead by ChildFun: 7:44pm On May 03, 2020
Hmmmm.... this thing is no longer funny.
Re: Professor Isa Hashim Is Dead by vibbb: 7:44pm On May 03, 2020
RIP Professor Isa.
Re: Professor Isa Hashim Is Dead by NwaNimo1(m): 7:44pm On May 03, 2020
ok
Re: Professor Isa Hashim Is Dead by Slawormir: 7:44pm On May 03, 2020
Damnnnnn niggarrr
Rest well isa

Inna lillahi wa inna ilaihi raji un

4 Likes

Re: Professor Isa Hashim Is Dead by Kingluqman(m): 7:45pm On May 03, 2020
If na covid kill am, dat mean sey covid help am be that. Baba don old abeg
Re: Professor Isa Hashim Is Dead by Olominira(m): 7:45pm On May 03, 2020
The coronavirus event may likely usher in young and new leadership lifestyles not only in the North but across Nigeria.

Also, I'd want everyone to know that as people are dying in Kano it may spread down South soon. Pls pay attention to your personal safety.

Moreover, save a lot of money. Things would be ugly till next year. If you have a wedding plan, pls go ahead and do it and save alot of money for yourself.

If you have access to cash, or a place to borrow look out for companies you can acquire especially in the Japan, US and European countries.

There some companies that manufacture basic things we use here that can be acquired for few cash, and start operations here in Nigeria.

Believe me, things would never remain the same after this pandemic. You must plan ahead of time.....

Olominira

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: Professor Isa Hashim Is Dead by Badonasty(m): 7:45pm On May 03, 2020
lol...put Kano in your prayers
Re: Professor Isa Hashim Is Dead by sallylet(m): 7:45pm On May 03, 2020
Life well spent R I P
Re: Professor Isa Hashim Is Dead by XshegzzyeeiX: 7:45pm On May 03, 2020
Death is certain, but before we kick the bucket, I hope we are mindful to leave a good legacy behind in the family, among friends and the society at large.
Rest well Sir.
My heartfelt sympathy to the bereaved families.

1 Like

Re: Professor Isa Hashim Is Dead by bluefilm: 7:45pm On May 03, 2020
Corona whyyyy? cry cry cry cry

2 Likes

Re: Professor Isa Hashim Is Dead by Nobody: 7:45pm On May 03, 2020
Lostz:
movement should be restricted from the North to the South.

we can't pay the price when it is the north that refused to do things properly
they are paying the price

2 Likes 1 Share

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

Tinubu Arrives Ooni Coronation In Newly Purchased Police Helicopter / Kidnappers, Unknown Gunmen On The Loose In Anambra. Launch Several Attacks(Pics) / List Of 31 Ex-Governors That Will Face Corruption Charges

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 22
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.