Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,339 members, 7,811,980 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 04:26 AM

Does Listening To Secular Music Mean You Are Not Born Again? - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Does Listening To Secular Music Mean You Are Not Born Again? (964 Views)

Apostle Edu Udechukwu Sends DJ Out Of His Wedding For Playing Secular Music / Is Listening To Secular Music or Watching Movie Bad For A Christian? / Mike Bamiloye Has This For Nigerian Artistes Who Left Church For Secular Music (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Does Listening To Secular Music Mean You Are Not Born Again? by IANAGI(m): 5:05pm On May 03, 2020
So i've been been having this taught for a while now. It's not that i don't like gospel music i do, but on the long run they just become boring, so i switch to secular music for a few days before coming back to enjoy gospel music again. So does it mean that when i switch i've lost grace in the sight of the lord?
Re: Does Listening To Secular Music Mean You Are Not Born Again? by ficons: 5:06pm On May 03, 2020
Yes sir
Re: Does Listening To Secular Music Mean You Are Not Born Again? by michlins(m): 5:18pm On May 03, 2020
Which one is circular music again. Do you sing it in circles or what
IANAGI:
So i've been been having this taught for a while now. It's not that i don't like gospel music i do, but on the long run they just become boring, so i switch to circular music for a few days before coming back to enjoy gospel music again. So does it mean that when i switch i've lost grace in the sight of the lord?
IANAGI:
So i've been been having this taught for a while now. It's not that i don't like gospel music i do, but on the long run they just become boring, so i switch to circular music for a few days before coming back to enjoy gospel music again. So does it mean that when i switch i've lost grace in the sight of the lord?
Re: Does Listening To Secular Music Mean You Are Not Born Again? by IANAGI(m): 5:20pm On May 03, 2020
Wow ok. Thank you.
Any reason why?
Because it's not like i practice what I hear i just like the rhythm. That's all.
Re: Does Listening To Secular Music Mean You Are Not Born Again? by IANAGI(m): 5:25pm On May 03, 2020
michlins:
Which one is circular music again. Do you sing it in circles or what
Thanks for noticing the error i've now corrected myself. I actually meant secular music
Re: Does Listening To Secular Music Mean You Are Not Born Again? by Nobody: 5:28pm On May 03, 2020
IANAGI:
Wow ok. Thank you.
Any reason why?
Because it's not like i practice what I hear i just like the rhythm. That's all.
you can't serve two masters.you cannot serve GOD and satan at the same time.
Re: Does Listening To Secular Music Mean You Are Not Born Again? by Stephenmoka4(m): 5:34pm On May 03, 2020
I am a Christian but, I can't say listening to secular music is opposing been born again. What matters is the content of the music, Christmas songs are not gospel songs but are good, there are some rap music that speaks racism and the situation of the society.
There are music that gives relaxation and doesn't have anything to do with"born again". Check out"memories" by maroon (Missing someone), Perfect by Ed Sheeran (good description of his dream woman and some men), Happier by Marshmallow (wishing the best for someone) and Happy by Williams (show mood positivity).
They can be somewhat link with "love your neighbor as yourself" or displaying non evil motives.
If any of the examples listed there are evil or can make you seem not"born again" please mention it. smiley

1 Like

Re: Does Listening To Secular Music Mean You Are Not Born Again? by IANAGI(m): 5:40pm On May 03, 2020
Christthesaviour:
fromf what you're saying just listening to secular means you are serving the devil, how about the opinion of the person who commented below u, It seems pretty logical to me. What do you think?
Re: Does Listening To Secular Music Mean You Are Not Born Again? by OtemAtum: 5:43pm On May 03, 2020
Christthesaviour:
Funny, so secular music is now satanic. That means that secular occupations, secular buildings, secular strolling, secular food, secular sight-seeing and secular bathing are all satanic too grin So it means one have to sit inside the church for 24 hours a day and 365 days a year so that he can only see gospel buildings(church walls), do gospel strolling(strolling in the church aisle), eat gospel food(sermons from pastors), see only gospel sights(pastor's garment and his lip movements) and bath gospel bathing(only get baptized over and over again) grin I'm very sure you are currently using a gospel phone right now cheesy

5 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Does Listening To Secular Music Mean You Are Not Born Again? by IANAGI(m): 5:44pm On May 03, 2020
Stephenmoka4:
I am a Christian but, I can't say listening to secular music is opposing been born again. What matters is the content of the music, Christmas songs are not gospel songs but are good, there are some rap music that speaks racism and the situation of the society.
There are music that gives relaxation and doesn't have anything to do with"born again". Check out"memories" by maroon (Missing someone), Perfect by Ed Sheeran (good description of his dream woman and some men), Happier by Marshmallow (wishing the best for someone) and Happy by Williams (show mood positivity).
They can be somewhat link with "love your neighbor as yourself" or displaying non evil motives.
If any of the examples listed there are evil or can make you seem not"born again" please mention it. smiley
thanks for this i guess i'll start listening to this type of music in place of what i have now.
Re: Does Listening To Secular Music Mean You Are Not Born Again? by Nobody: 5:46pm On May 03, 2020
OtemAtum:
[s]Funny, so secular music is now satanic. That means that secular occupations, secular buildings, secular strolling, secular food, secular sight-seeing and secular bathing are all satanic too grin So it means one have to sit inside the church for 24 hours a day and 365 days a year so that he can only see gospel buildings(church walls), do gospel strolling(strolling in the church aisle), eat gospel food(sermons from pastors), see only gospel sights(pastor's garment and his lip movements) and bath gospel bathing(only get baptized over and over again) grin I'm very sure you are currently using a gospel phone right now cheesy
[/s]we both know what he means

1 Like

Re: Does Listening To Secular Music Mean You Are Not Born Again? by infini771: 5:47pm On May 03, 2020
What you take in matters. It creates a picture in your mind

1 Like

Re: Does Listening To Secular Music Mean You Are Not Born Again? by IANAGI(m): 5:50pm On May 03, 2020
OtemAtum:
Funny, so secular music is now satanic. That means that secular occupations, secular buildings, secular strolling, secular food, secular sight-seeing and secular bathing are all satanic too grin So it means one have to sit inside the church for 24 hours a day and 365 days a year so that he can only see gospel buildings(church walls), do gospel strolling(strolling in the church aisle), eat gospel food(sermons from pastors), see only gospel sights(pastor's garment and his lip movements) and bath gospel bathing(only get baptized over and over again) grin I'm very sure you are currently using a gospel phone right now cheesy
Like seriously there is alot i don't understand about being born again and living a righteous life. Sometimes I don't even know i've sinned.

1 Like

Re: Does Listening To Secular Music Mean You Are Not Born Again? by Nobody: 5:52pm On May 03, 2020
IANAGI:
fromf what you're saying just listening to secular means you are serving the devil, how about the opinion of the person who commented below u, It seems pretty logical to me. What do you think?
don't listen to that person below me or engage him in any discussion,he is not even a christian.
Re: Does Listening To Secular Music Mean You Are Not Born Again? by Nobody: 5:53pm On May 03, 2020
IANAGI:
Like seriously there is alot i don't understand about being born again and living a righteous life. Sometimes I don't even know i've sinned.
Don't talk with that moniker!

1 Like

Re: Does Listening To Secular Music Mean You Are Not Born Again? by IANAGI(m): 5:54pm On May 03, 2020
Christthesaviour:
I don't clearly understand sir, can u elaborate because inspirational music is also considered secular.
Re: Does Listening To Secular Music Mean You Are Not Born Again? by OtemAtum: 5:57pm On May 03, 2020
Christthesaviour:
What does he mean?
Re: Does Listening To Secular Music Mean You Are Not Born Again? by IANAGI(m): 5:59pm On May 03, 2020
infini771:
What you take in matters. It creates a picture in your mind
True does that mean you can permit inspirational music?
Re: Does Listening To Secular Music Mean You Are Not Born Again? by IANAGI(m): 5:59pm On May 03, 2020
Christthesaviour:
Don't talk with that moniker!
angry grin grin grin grin

1 Like

Re: Does Listening To Secular Music Mean You Are Not Born Again? by Nobody: 6:02pm On May 03, 2020
IANAGI:
being born again is confessing your sins before GOD,promising him never to return to it again,accepting JESUS as ur lord and saviour.
If you do all these you will receive forgiveness.but you must continue to pray and read ur bible,so that you will not go back to your sins.
And one day,your lord and master will take you and other believers to heaven through the rapture
but if he tarries till ur death,he will come for ur soul.

Christianity is being like christ

1 Like

Re: Does Listening To Secular Music Mean You Are Not Born Again? by Nobody: 6:04pm On May 03, 2020
OtemAtum:
What does he mean?
Are you a christian in the first place? and where did i condemned secular music in my post u initially quoted
Re: Does Listening To Secular Music Mean You Are Not Born Again? by infini771: 6:05pm On May 03, 2020
IANAGI:
True does that mean you can permit inspirational music?

Listen to music that will impact positively on you

1 Like

Re: Does Listening To Secular Music Mean You Are Not Born Again? by IANAGI(m): 6:05pm On May 03, 2020
Christthesaviour:
don't listen to that person below me or engage him in any discussion,he is not even a christian.
If you say so sir. Though all opinions are welcomed, for i will like to contrast and compare.
Re: Does Listening To Secular Music Mean You Are Not Born Again? by Nobody: 6:07pm On May 03, 2020
IANAGI:
If you say so sir. Though all opinions are welcomed, for i will like to contrast and compare.
He is not a christian in the first place.
He will just confuse you.i know him.
Re: Does Listening To Secular Music Mean You Are Not Born Again? by Juliusmomoh: 6:08pm On May 03, 2020
He that know what is good and does it not, to him is a sin. . Cecular music is evil

1 Like

Re: Does Listening To Secular Music Mean You Are Not Born Again? by IANAGI(m): 6:26pm On May 03, 2020
Christthesaviour:
He is not a christian in the first place.
He will just confuse you.i know him.
Ok thank you

1 Like

Re: Does Listening To Secular Music Mean You Are Not Born Again? by Nobody: 6:31pm On May 03, 2020
Jiggaz
Re: Does Listening To Secular Music Mean You Are Not Born Again? by Eviana(f): 6:51pm On May 03, 2020
You know that when you profess Christ, you become a new creature
(2 Cor 5:17 KJV) and are called to a higher standard (Phil 3:14 KJV).
That means that some things that you used to love, will have to be replaced. Take it from a former extreme music lover..
You should create an atmosphere in which the Lord will want to dwell. It is crucial that God's presence continually dwells with you.
Music based on (Phil 4:8 KJV) needs to be the standard.
Anything contrary to those guidelines threatens the peace & presence of your relationship with Him. If His spirit leaves, then another comes...and not a good one. Music is very powerful..think about David & King Saul. Certain spirits get ushered in.
No rap, R & B slow jams, rock, country, hip-hop etc., will be in the kingdom cause they represent the world..and were mostly contrary to holiness.
You have to choose whose presence you want in your life because there is a difference.
I know the Christian journey can be challenging..but it will be well worth it in the end.

1 Like

Re: Does Listening To Secular Music Mean You Are Not Born Again? by IANAGI(m): 7:15pm On May 03, 2020
Eviana:
You know that when you profess Christ, you become a new creature
(2 Cor 5:17 KJV) and are called to a higher standard (Phil 3:14 KJV).
That means that some things that you used to love, will have to be replaced. Take it from a former extreme music lover..
You should create an atmosphere in which the Lord will want to dwell. It is crucial that God's presence continually dwells with you.
Music based on (Phil 4:8 KJV) needs to be the standard.
Anything contrary to those guidelines threatens the peace & presence of your relationship with Him. If His spirit leaves, then another comes...and not a good one. Music is very powerful..think about David & King Saul. Certain spirits get ushered in.
No rap, R & B slow jams, rock, country, hip-hop etc., will be in the kingdom cause they represent the world..and were mostly contrary to holiness.
You have to choose whose presence you want in your life because there is a difference.
I know the Christian journey can be challenging..but it will be well worth it in the end.
Thank you very much this is more like the clarity i needed.

2 Likes

Re: Does Listening To Secular Music Mean You Are Not Born Again? by Nobody: 7:24pm On May 03, 2020
You just have to be careful of what you pay your attention to these days. Secular music in itself is not bad as that is where some people earn their livings from. But always be mindful of the message it is passing across to you and you can draw your conclusions from there.

1 Like

Re: Does Listening To Secular Music Mean You Are Not Born Again? by Hotspotbro(m): 8:39pm On May 03, 2020
Christthesaviour:
pls is it satan that signed the record deal that produces the pop or what's wrong with Nigerian Christianity?
Re: Does Listening To Secular Music Mean You Are Not Born Again? by Eviana(f): 1:33am On May 04, 2020
IANAGI:
Thank you very much this is more like the clarity i needed.

You are welcome...
God loves you and desires an unbreakable bond with you.
Be blessed & encouraged.

(1) (2) (Reply)

Redeem Christian Church: North American Pastor Makes Shocking Revelations / 'Vatican Digging A Secret Tunnel In Jerusalem To Exhume King David's DNA' (Pcs) / Have You Ever PERSONALLY And CLEARLY Had A Supernatural Experience?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 46
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.