Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,111 members, 7,828,940 topics. Date: Wednesday, 15 May 2024 at 04:20 PM

Does Listening To Secular Music Mean You Are Not Born Again? - Religion (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Does Listening To Secular Music Mean You Are Not Born Again? (983 Views)

Apostle Edu Udechukwu Sends DJ Out Of His Wedding For Playing Secular Music / Is Listening To Secular Music or Watching Movie Bad For A Christian? / Mike Bamiloye Has This For Nigerian Artistes Who Left Church For Secular Music (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Does Listening To Secular Music Mean You Are Not Born Again? by Nephilim: 7:08am On May 04, 2020
IANAGI:
So i've been been having this taught for a while now. It's not that i don't like gospel music i do, but on the long run they just become boring, so i switch to secular music for a few days before coming back to enjoy gospel music again. So does it mean that when i switch i've lost grace in the sight of the lord?
they ain't edifying, rather they pollute your mind and soul.. I think that's just it.
Re: Does Listening To Secular Music Mean You Are Not Born Again? by StrikeBack(m): 9:05am On May 04, 2020
OtemAtum:
Funny, so secular music is now satanic. That means that secular occupations, secular buildings, secular strolling, secular food, secular sight-seeing and secular bathing are all satanic too grin So it means one have to sit inside the church for 24 hours a day and 365 days a year so that he can only see gospel buildings(church walls), do gospel strolling(strolling in the church aisle), eat gospel food(sermons from pastors), see only gospel sights(pastor's garment and his lip movements) and bath gospel bathing(only get baptized over and over again) grin I'm very sure you are currently using a gospel phone right now cheesy
I don laugh tire here

2 Likes

Re: Does Listening To Secular Music Mean You Are Not Born Again? by IANAGI(m): 9:40am On May 04, 2020
SafariBoy:
You just have to be careful of what you pay your attention to these days. Secular music in itself is not bad as that is where some people earn their livings from. But always be mindful of the message it is passing across to you and you can draw your conclusions from there.
Interesting thank you.
Re: Does Listening To Secular Music Mean You Are Not Born Again? by IANAGI(m): 9:41am On May 04, 2020
Nephilim:
they ain't edifying, rather they pollute your mind and soul.. I think that's just it.

That's another point thank you.

1 Like

Re: Does Listening To Secular Music Mean You Are Not Born Again? by IANAGI(m): 9:43am On May 04, 2020
Eviana:

You are welcome...
God loves you and desires an unbreakable bond with you.
Be blessed & encouraged.
Amen. Thank you once again.

1 Like

Re: Does Listening To Secular Music Mean You Are Not Born Again? by OtemAtum: 10:07am On May 04, 2020
StrikeBack:
I don laugh tire here
grin
Re: Does Listening To Secular Music Mean You Are Not Born Again? by davidinchrist(m): 4:00pm On May 04, 2020
IANAGI:
So i've been been having this taught for a while now. It's not that i don't like gospel music i do, but on the long run they just become boring, so i switch to secular music for a few days before coming back to enjoy gospel music again. So does it mean that when i switch i've lost grace in the sight of the lord?

Friend, listening to Worldly Music is just as bad as any other Sin. Some feel guilty of addictions to Sexual Sins, but couldn't care less for ADDICTIONS to Rock Music and the likes ("Rock" is originally related to Sexual Immoralities).

One of the worst things that is common in Christendom now is gospel singers imitating worldly singers, for instance: Christian Rock/Rap.

It's not always easy to COME OUT of Worldly Music (or things in general) for Christians, especially new converts. Some don't even bother to ever come out of it in any case.

Many years ago, at age 19 or so, I personally wasn't getting really excited knowing that I would have to let Go of my love for Secular Music, especially the common American Rock and Rap music.

Moreover, I found out that Jesus wouldn't condone my "Break Dance" (that I had been learning or nursing for years) either; nor will He appreciate my addictions to VIDEO GAMES, FILMS, SPORTS (as a Club fan) and other things Cherished and LOVED in the World.

Seek Grace to Overcome the Love for the Beat.

Hate it!

Have you noticed that many (if not Most) of these songs are about SEXUAL IMMORALITIES or NONSENSE in general?

Yes, sometimes the CHARM there is the SOUND: the BEAT and RHYTHM.

So, we've got to REPENT of all that, and Seriously seek grace to overcome WORLDLY OR THINGS of the devil in general.

To Choose to HATE IT!

But LOVE Righteousness!

***We must Beware of these talented or "anointed" servants of the DEVIL called Artistes, especially the Gospel version, which are subtler and more Dangerous than the Secular ones.

Just one verse:

Luke 16:15 KJV
... God knoweth your hearts: for that which is HIGHLY ESTEEMED Among Men IS ABOMINATION in the Sight of God.

May Jesus Bless You.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Does Listening To Secular Music Mean You Are Not Born Again? by IANAGI(m): 5:22pm On May 04, 2020
davidinchrist:

Friend, listening to Worldly Music is just as bad as any other Sin. Some feel guilty of addictions to Sexual Sins, but couldn't care less for ADDICTIONS to Rock Music and the likes ("Rock" is originally related to Sexual Immoralities).

One of the worst things that is common in Christendom now is gospel singers imitating worldly singers, for instance: Christian Rock/Rap.

It's not always easy to COME OUT of Worldly Music (or things in general) for Christians, especially new converts. Some don't even bother to ever come out of it in any case.

Many years ago, at age 19 or so, I personally wasn't getting really excited knowing that I would have to let Go of my love for Secular Music, especially the common American Rock and Rap music.

Moreover, I found out that Jesus wouldn't condone my "Break Dance" (that I had been learning or nursing for years) either; nor will He appreciate my addictions to VIDEO GAMES, FILMS, SPORTS (as a Club fan) and other things Cherished and LOVED in the World.

Seek Grace to Overcome the Love for the Beat.

Hate it!

Have you noticed that many (if not Most) of these songs are about SEXUAL IMMORALITIES or NONSENSE in general?

Yes, sometimes the CHARM there is the SOUND: the BEAT and RHYTHM.

So, we've got to REPENT of all that, and Seriously seek grace to overcome WORLDLY OR THINGS of the devil in general.

To Choose to HATE IT!

But LOVE Righteousness!

***We must Beware of these talented or "anointed" servants of the DEVIL called Artistes, especially the Gospel version, which are subtler and more Dangerous than the Secular ones.

Just one verse:

Luke 16:15 KJV
... God knoweth your hearts: for that which is HIGHLY ESTEEMED Among Men IS ABOMINATION in the Sight of God.

May Jesus Bless You.
Wow isn't this beautiful thank you so much for this.

1 Like

Re: Does Listening To Secular Music Mean You Are Not Born Again? by davidinchrist(m): 5:26pm On May 04, 2020
IANAGI:

Wow isn't this beautiful thank you so much for this.

May Jesus bless you my brother. Good bye.

1 Like

Re: Does Listening To Secular Music Mean You Are Not Born Again? by IANAGI(m): 8:07pm On May 04, 2020
davidinchrist:

May Jesus bless you my brother. Good bye.
Amen oo.
Re: Does Listening To Secular Music Mean You Are Not Born Again? by Ahasco(m): 9:10pm On May 04, 2020
OtemAtum:
Funny, so secular music is now satanic. That means that secular occupations, secular buildings, secular strolling, secular food, secular sight-seeing and secular bathing are all satanic too grin So it means one have to sit inside the church for 24 hours a day and 365 days a year so that he can only see gospel buildings(church walls), do gospel strolling(strolling in the church aisle), eat gospel food(sermons from pastors), see only gospel sights(pastor's garment and his lip movements) and bath gospel bathing(only get baptized over and over again) grin I'm very sure you are currently using a gospel phone right now cheesy
LWTMB grin
Re: Does Listening To Secular Music Mean You Are Not Born Again? by Pisco1: 9:17pm On May 04, 2020
About the guy talking about standards of music, saying no Hip Hop rap and the rest, the gospel songs are Wat? They all fall under different music genres

(1) (2) (Reply)

Have You Sold Your Possessions To Follow CHRIST? / Is It Normal To Dream Everyday? / Can A Born Again Christian Work In The Breweries

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 36
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.